My Partner's Bestfriend

By RaineRagane

Kageyama Tobio is Hinata Shouyou's partner. Then one day, Hinata met a lovely girl to whom he fell for. But w... More

Author's Greetings
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Author's note
Chapter 3
Sorry!!!
Author's Note
Writers's Block
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Changes
Chapter 6
Disclaimer
New Book!!!
500+ Reads!!!
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9( Part 1)
Chapter 9(For Real🤣)
Chapter 10
Author's Note
Chapter 11

Chapter 12

93 0 0
By RaineRagane

Brown eyes glowed in the dim room.

You lay on your bed wide awake. You've been staring at your ceiling filled with glow in the dark moon and stars for a while now.

It has been a few minutes like this. You can't bring yourself to fall asleep. You kept on tossing around the king-sized bed trying to be comfortable enough to fall asleep. Sadly, it didn't work. You grabbed a pillow hugging it to your chest as you groaned.

You arrived at your house around 10:00 in the evening earlier. You and Tobio then had dinner together at your place. The food was made by Tobio's mother, seeing that the two of you will be arriving late, she prepared the two of you a meal.

You took your phone that was placed on the bedside table on your left. Turning it on, you check the time. It was already late at night. The time was 11: 45. 15 minutes before midnight.

"Oi. Go to sleep already." You look to your right, over a big pillow.

"Didn't know you were awake." You spoke.

"Well you keep on tossing around the bed and groaning." The raven head replied.

"Oh really?" You rolled your eyes and sighed as you sat up from the bed.

You might be wondering why the ravenette is beside you on your bed. Don't worry it's pretty usual for the two of you.

"Hey Tobio. Wanna sleep at my house tonight?" You asked the raven head beside you as you smiled politely at the guard.

The two of you had entered your neighborhood or I would say subdivision.

"Okay." He hummed in reply.

"Great! I will be making your bento then." You told him.

"You can cook?!" He looks at you with eyes wide as saucers, his mouth agape. A pure expression of shock was written all over his face.

You punched his arm resulting in him wincing at the impact.

"Ow! Oi!"

You stop on your tracks and faced him with your arms crossed, face morphed into an angry one.

Clicking your tongue you spoke. "For your information, I know how to cook."

"Oh really?" He raised a brow at your statement.

"Really." You stated confidently.

"Do you?"

"Oh, I certainly do."

"The hot pot last sleepover in middle school says otherwise." You winced at this. The shade of red for embarrassment all over your face.

"It was an experiment! That was my first time making a hot pot with no guidance!" You retorted.

"It was really bland. It's like eating hot water for dinner." He deadpanned.

"Why you!" You raised your fist in anger.

"Imma let you know I've been practicing all summer and perfecting my cooking skills." You barked.

"Did you?" He deadpanned.

You point your finger at him. "Just wait and see til you taste my delicious mouthwatering meals."

He turned away and resumed walking, leaving you behind.

"Oi! Wait for me you milk addict!" You shouted as you catch up to him.

The two of you don't mind sleeping next to each other. You've been doing this quite often ever since the two of you were kids.

You got out of bed, making the ravenette question your action.

"Where are you going?" He sat up from the bed, a brow raised observing you.

"Just gonna get some fresh air. Don't mind me." You said as you made your way towards the door.

" There's a balcony." Tobio pointed towards the sliding door leading to a small balcony.

" You should go to sleep. You need to be early for practice tomorrow remember?" You ignored what he said.

"But-" You throw a pillow to his face. " Mou! Just go to sleep already!"

He gave you the what-the-hell-was-that-for face.

"Don't give me that look. You deserved that."

He was about to retort back but you cut him off.

" Don't worry, I'll be right back." You smiled assuringly, waving your hand, and got out of the room.

You went downstairs, navigating around the dim house using the light of your phone as a flashlight; Your soft footsteps echoing in the pitch-black hallways of the big house.

You entered the kitchen and got cold water from the fridge. Once you drank it, you felt the cold liquid run down from your throat to your stomach, the cold sensation giving you the feeling of freshness and clarity of mind. You wipe your mouth and walk out of the kitchen. You walk around the house aimlessly to clear and organize some thoughts until you stop in front of a door.

Slowly, your right hand rose from your side. It hovered above the door handle for a few seconds before finally gripping the handle firmly. You suck in a deep breath before slowly opening the door. Flicking the lights on, you observed the room. The room was a big, very spacious area. The room gave off a very modern, musical, and comfy vibe. The lighting was perfect. Beautiful polished wooden floor slabs, light wall paints, cabinets, and shelves filled with trophies and some musical instruments. The room was also filled with musical instrument-themed furniture. Different guitars were also displayed on the wall. A large g-clef light was at the center of the ceiling of the room. A grand piano was at the corner near the windows.

Your feet had dragged you into the music room.

You walk towards the window, the moon was shining brightly outside along with the stars that were dancing. It was a cold and quiet night.

You glance at the piano that was near you. You slowly approach the grand instrument and sat down on the bench.

You trailed your fingers along the keys of the beautiful piano. You played with the keys, resulting in the instrument releasing a random melody. You stop when you notice a figure at the corner of your eye, standing at the doorway. You turned your head towards the tall figure dressed in a royal blue shirt and white shorts for sleepwear.

"I thought I told you to sleep already?" You sighed asking the ravenette.

"I can't bring myself to. And I was looking for you, you took a while." He replied as he approaches you, a carton of milk in hand.

"I was just clearing some thoughts." He sat beside you.

"What about you? Why can't you sleep?" You look at him on your right.

He shrugs in reply sipping on his milk.

"Something bothering you?" You tilted your head, your voice was soft.

He did not reply.

Looks like I have to go first.

You sighed and spoke.

"The vice-president of the music club asked me to be their main vocalist. " Tobio turned his head abruptly to you.

"She heard me sing while playing the piano secretly." You explained with downcast eyes.

"And... What happened?" He asked cautiously.

A small laugh escapes your mouth. " She gave me til Friday to decide. She wants me to perform in front of the other members."

"Can you believe that?" You turned to him with a look of disbelief.

"Can't you?" He asked tilting his head.

You shook your head. "You know my reasons, Tobio."

"But it's different now, (F/n)." He pushed.

"How?" You look up at him with a sad face.

"How sure are you that it won't be the same? How do you know that it would be different from before?" You asked him, your voice cracking a bit.

He opened his mouth to say something but shut it close in the end. He was thinking of the right thing to say. He rarely dealt with this side of you. Usually, it would be you dealing with him and his problems, comforting him, and cheering him up.

"Well..." He started.

You look at him with a gloomy face.

"I know, that it would be different because..."He slowly spoke glancing at your discouraged self.

"Because she complimented you didn't she? I'm sure she did. With that beautiful voice of yours, how could she not ask you to be the vocalist?" He explained.

You stared at him with wide eyes.

"She wouldn't invite you to be their vocalist if she didn't like your voice." He added.

"Tob-"

"Plus, I can sense the genuinity."

"Tobi-" You were cut off again.

"And you said that they're nice people right?"

"Tobio-" Once again, you were cut off by him.

"And if they hurt you. I'll make sure to serve a volleyball straight to their faces." He said menacingly, the cartoon of milk crumpled as his right hand was clenched into a fist.

You just stared at him with wide eyes, blinking now and then.

You're gaze softened as a smile slowly crept up to your face.

You tore your gaze away from the ravenette and let out a short hearty laugh.

The raven head turned his attention to you, blinking his eyes, his menacing aura fading away and his face that was menacingly dark moments ago was now replaced with pure confusion.

" O-Oi. Are you alright?"

A sigh of contentment escapes your lips.

" Man. You always know how to make me feel better. "

You turn your head to face him.

" Thanks, Tobio!" You gave him a closed eye smile.

Tobio blinked, a small blush adorned his cheek. He looks away as he shook his head sighing, a small smile crept up to his face.

He then turned back to you.

" Well, what are bestfriends for?" He told you, a genuine smile plastered on his face.

Your eyes sparkled upon hearing what he said.

"Tobio. Did you just..."

You pounce on him hugging him tight as you sway him back and forth.

"O-Oi." He yelped.

" Awwwww. I wuv you toooo. "

"Yeah yeah, now get off of me." He pushed your face away.

"Mou. Way to ruin the mood, T." You pouted.

You look at him as he too looks at you. Your gazes meeting, both of your eyes locked onto each other.

"So you're really not gonna tell me what's been bothering you?" He broke away from your gaze and look away not saying anything.

You sighed. " Look, If this is about what that other first year said, don't mind him. He doesn't deserve a bit of your time and thoughts. Leave him be. He's only riling you up for he enjoys it. So don't bother about it. Don't give him the satisfaction that he wants. "

His face morphed into a shocked expression. " I-Wha-What are you talking about? Nothing's bothering me." He mumbled not meeting your gaze.

You sighed for what seems to be the fifth time this evening.

" Geez. You know it's no use lying to me. I know you too well you idiot." You shook your head.

" Alright. Let's wrap this night up so we can head to bed. Since we're here already, do you mind?" You raised a brow, glancing at him.

He shook his head. " No. I miss it...actually." He trailed off looking away, a small genuine smile gracing his lips.

You smiled at this and sat straight, facing the grand instrument before you. You lifted your hands elegantly, hovering above the keys of the piano, and started playing.

Song: This Is Me by Keala Settle ( The Greatest Showman )

*Instrumental*

Your lips parted as you started singing the song that you composed.

I am not a stranger to the dark
Hide away, they say'
Cause we don't want your broken parts
I've learned to be ashamed of all my scars
Run away, they say
No one will love you as you are

You raised your head.

But I won't let them break me down to dust

Looking towards your bestfriend you sang the next two lines.

I know that there's a place for us
For we are glorious

You smiled.

You closed your eyes as you ready yourself to sing the chorus.

Opening them once again you were brought to another place. You were lying down on your back, you felt a cold sensation all over your body. Both your hair and clothes felt wet.

When the sharpest words wanna cut me down
I'm gonna send a flood, gonna drown 'em out
I am brave, I am bruised
I am who I'm meant to be, this is me

You realized you were lying on a body of water. You sat up looking around, searching for your raven-haired best friend.

Look out 'cause here I come
And I'm marching on to the beat I drum
I'm not scared to be seen
I make no apologies, this is me

Oh-oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh, oh, oh

The scenery fades...

Another round of bullets hits my skin

Well, fire away 'cause today...

You shook your head as you sang the next line.

I won't let the shame sink in

We are bursting through the barricades and

Reaching for the sun

Opening your eyes you turn your head to Tobio, singing the next two lines.

We are warriors

Yeah, that's what we've become

You turned back to the piano as you continued singing.

I won't let them break me down to dust

I know that there's a place for us

For we are glorious

You sang the chorus pouring out your feelings and emotions. You recalled the past, the not so good things that the both of you experienced.

When the sharpest words wanna cut me down

I'm gonna send a flood, gonna drown 'em out

I am brave, I am bruised

I am who I'm meant to be, this is me

You also recalled how the two of you manage to face those challenges head on.

Look out 'cause here I come

And I'm marching on to the beat I drum

I'm not scared to be seen

I make no apologies, this is me

Oh-oh-oh-oh

You closed your eyes once again, feeling the weight of emotions that the lyrics carry.

This time, when you open them once again, you were laying on a field of flowers. You look to your side to see your best friend laying down too. His eyes were closed, his features relaxed as the two of you are basking in the warmth of the sunlight.

And I know that I deserve your love

There's nothing I'm not worthy of

When the sharpest words wanna cut me down

I'm gonna send a flood, gonna drown 'em out

This is brave, this is bruised

This is who I'm meant to be, this is me

You stood up and dusted your frilly white dress as you extended your hand for your best friend to take. He took your hand and you helped him stand. You then dragged him across the field of a beautiful variety of flowers. You looked back at him over your shoulder, still holding his hand you smiled heartily at him to which he returned with a genuine one.

Look out 'cause here I come

And I'm marching on to the beat I drum

I'm not scared to be seen

I make no apologies, this is me

He dragged you over to a little stream to which he jumped over first. Still holding his hand with a firm grip, you followed his actions and jumped over the rushing waters of the tiny stream.

oh-oh-oh-oh

oh-oh-oh-oh

I'm gonna send a flood

Drown them out

This is me...

End of song

HEY THERE MY DEAR READERS!!!

YES YES I'M ALIVE ALRIGHT!....Barely....

Anyways~

I'm slowly continuing in writing this story again. Having the plot for almost how many years and not even reaching it half way in writing is making me sad and very disappointed of myself. 😩😞

I apologized for making you guys wait for a long time for updates. (If there are any of you waiting that is.) I've been very busy with online school, house and family responsibilities. Aaaannndd I'm still searching for that missing motivation and free time for me to write this.

Also, wattpad has been ruining my drafts for a while now. I don't why it happens though. And because of that I had to rewrite or re arrange them.

But hey! Look at the bright side, I actually updated.

I hope you guys liked the chapter and also enjoyed it. It was quite a long one due to the song. This is actually the longest chapter I've written for this story so far. Sorry if there are any grammatical errors or missing words. Even though I've proofread it a dozen of times I still missed some parts cuz maybe I'm blind or something.

Welp! I'm not sure if you guys actually read my notes but eh.

Stay tuned for the next update!

Hopefully you guys are doing well wherever you are.

Thank You Very Much for reading this book.

Please continue to support me and my stories by reading, commenting and voting.

I would really appreciate it. 😊

STAY SAFE Y'ALL!!

JA MATANE!!✌

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.9K 1K 31
When you're sky high, there's only one path left to go. 烏 When the new girl asked to be a second manager for Karasuno's male volleyball team, no one...
1M 22.8K 31
Yandere Haikyuu Boys x Female Reader you are the little sister of Kiyoko and you have just moved back in with your sister and mother. You switch sch...
22.2K 871 13
After getting to Karasuno, Hinata experiences a lot of good volleyball player. Too bad for him that with Kageyama's harsh words, his own mental state...
33.9K 920 20
" I hate you. " "Yeah, I know. " Two souls met by coincidence and were separated. Years later, they meet once more. Will he be able to unmask her...