Taste of Secrets

Von twmarvel_obsessor

Y/N Nova Stone is starting her freshmen year at Belgrave University. She had no intention of being apart of t... Mehr

Authors Note + Characters
🐺Season One🐺
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
🐺Season Two🐺
Authors Note + New Characters + Reminders
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
THANK YOU!!!!!
🐺Season Three🐺
Authors Note + Settings + Update
Chapter Thirty
!Update!
Chapter Thirty-One

Chapter Seven

1.3K 42 2
Von twmarvel_obsessor

"You fucking hypocrite!" Lilith insulted, walking down the stairs. She jumped down onto the last step and lunged towards Jack. "Okay. Let's take a breather," Hamish said. He stepped over and put a hand on her shoulder, preventing her from stepping any further. Lilith pushed off his hand and walked into the living room. "You have the nerve to give me shit about eating some monster's heart, but you turn around and drive a van traveling people to their death!" she shouted. 

Lilith stood in front of the couch with her hands on her hips. She was fuming, rightfully so. Jack threw his arms up in the air at her exclamation. Randall perked up at the sudden information. "Did you know about this?" he asked, glancing at me. "Yes, but I didn't know that they were doing this," I replied. Jack groaned and put pressure between his brows. He stated that it was an elemental transfer.

To which the spell needed five sacrifices. He ignored our glares, rubbing his eyes. "You were supposed to be sabotaging it, not helping," Lilith said. Jack groaned yet again, wandering a hand through his hair at the multiple accusations being thrown. "I did. We were up and running again in twelve hours," Jack said. "We? These sacrifices, they have lives. You had a choice," I said. 

He turned right to me with his hands on his hips. Jack scoffed and continued speaking. "It's the fucking Order, Y/N! Did you think I had a choice? You're related to a member, and you're asking me if I had a choice?" Jack exclaimed, stepping towards me with a hand directed at me. Randall shot him a look, joining my side with an arm out, preventing Jack from coming any closer. "Hey, quit yelling!" Hamish ordered. 

The room suddenly went silent at Hamish's demand. We all took a breather and stood in our spots in the living room. "So you failed, you admit it?" Lilith spoke, trailing her eyes from the rug to look at Jack. He shook his head. Jack looked at the ground before continuing to speak. "I talked to Coventry. I saw it in his eyes. He's so desperate that he'll do anything for the spell. He'll even risk the entire Order, and we need to know why," Jack explained. 

Hamish took a swig of his drink. "We know why," he said. Hamish turned around to put the glass onto the bar. Randall picked up a book and handed it to Jack, stating that the spell cures sickness by passing it to other people. He sat down on the couch and leaned back with his hands on his knees. Hamish explained how these people don't just die. The disease has to kill them, or the whole thing reverses. It's torture.  

"No. If he's doing this spell, then he's doing it for a reason. There has to be something big at the end of it," Jack said, "If we play it smart, I can figure out what Coventry is after and what his plan is and the right moment-"

"The right moment is now," Lilith interrupted. Jack's shoulders dropped in response. There was another short pause of silence until the heated conversation resumed. "That's the real reason why we became Knights," she shortly added. "What if we make it worse? What if we save these five people, and then he kills a thousand?" Jack suggested. Hamish shook his head and claimed that he wouldn't let that happen. 

I sat down on the couch beside Randall, leaning into him slightly. "He lit his hand on fire as a parlor trick," I said. "If you go at him, he's going to put you down," Jack added. He waved his hands around to prove a point, but I don't really think it was working. "Then none of this is going to matter," Lilith made her way over to the bar. Hamish watched her pour herself a drink. "Oh, whatever, 'Kill-ith'" Jack scoffed.

Her face contorted in reaction to his nickname. She sighed and put the glass down next to Hamish's. "I love that nickname, but it is still wrong," Lilith pointed a finger at him. Jack crossed his arms and walked towards Randall. "You wanted an inside man. Let me do my job as a Knight," he said. Randall sighed and leaned back against the couch cushion. He tapped his fingers on the armrest where his arm laid. 

Jack then turned to me again after not getting a response from Randall. My eyes widened once I realized what thought popped into his head. "No, no way in hell. I'm already breaking a rule being here. I don't know if I can break another," I shook my head. "Yet, you're still here. Am I right, or am I wrong?" Jack responded. He sat on the coffee table in front of me. 

He set a hand on my knee and finished his convincing argument. "That's saying that you don't care about the rules. That tells me that you'll do anything to help your friends," Jack said. He patted my knee and stood up from the coffee table. It was then Hamish's turn to hear Jack's talk. "I'm not saying that I can change your mind, Hamish. But, no one can save those people, but we can stop Edward Coventry for good," Jack finished. 

Hamish glanced at me and changed his gaze to Jack. He breathed in heavily, letting out a sharp exhale. "You see a chance to stop this spell. You take it," he said. "I promise I will," Jack nodded. "Then go," Hamish waved a hand to the front door. Jack didn't waste a second. He picked up his backpack, tossing it over his shoulder, leaving the Knights lair. 

There was a thick tension in the air as soon as Jack left the house. Lilith looked between the three of us. Her brows knitted together. She groaned in frustration and walked right past me. Her shoulder roughly hit mine. I heard her loud footsteps reach her room. The door thundered as she slammed it. "Lilith!" I called, walking towards the stairs. "Don't bother. She'll cool off," Randall said. 

He still sat on the couch, leaning back with his arms at his side. I looked back at him and then to the long staircase. "I should at least-" I began. "Y/N/N, she's fine," Hamish interrupted. He lifted his hand that had a glass, directing me to the couch. 

~~~~

(Later)

The Temple was filled with the members of The Order. I felt my breath against my face as I wore the white mask. My black cloak draped over me, trapping in the warm air around me. Renee laid in the middle of the circle with her arms hanging from her side. The sacrifices had their own tables with silver chains extending from the ceiling. Each silver-linked chain hovered over the men and women, slightly swaying from side to side. 

Some members walked over to the sacrifices, repeating parts of the incantation. Two people laid a necklace with a large emblem over Renne's face. The group changed an incantation in Latin. I watched them stand behind each sacrifice with their hands on either side of their bodies. Before I could prepare myself, a red substance released from Renee's mouth and attached itself to the chain above her head. 

The piercing red liquid wrapped around the chain and dropped into each sacrifice's mouth. The innocent people squirmed around from the substance. I shivered from the screams echoing off of the Temple's walls. My mother noticed my uneasiness. She reached for my hand and squeezed it in reassurance. I knew what they were doing was wrong. 

The Order were taking lives away for just someone's will to live. This woman was powerful; I guess smoking had affected her will to live. At this point, I realized that I didn't want anything to do with The Order. I had to keep lying to my mother, even though I probably would soon get a taste of my own secrets. 

~~~~

(The Next Day)

Last night, I hadn't slept at all. It was probably the most restless night I have ever had. It hadn't occurred to me how much this Order shit would affect me. Luckily, it was almost the weekend. My back ached when I sat up from my bed. I rubbed my eyes to try and wipe away the groggy feeling. It was a shocking sight to see Randall sitting on my black futon, a grey pillow resting on his lap. 

He played with the fringe on the pillow's corners. "Didn't Jack say that breaking and entering was a no-no?" I yawned. He shook his head and leaned back with his hands propping his head up. I let out another yawn, closing my eyes. "How did you even get in here?" I asked. "An RA never reveals his secrets," Randal pointed a finger at me. I stared at him, confused, and swung my legs over the bed. I grabbed a sweatshirt from my closet and slipped it over my head. 

"Plus," Randall stood up from the futon, "I wanted to check up on you." 

"Why?" I fixed the hood and straightened the shirt that I wore underneath. Randall smiled and leaned against the side of the bed next to me. "You know," he sighed, "The transferal spell seemed pretty legit and.......well, bad."

"I'm okay," I claimed. Randall tilted his head, not really believing me. He leaned against the bed with his arms crossed. "I'm okay," I repeated, "Besides, I'm pretty sure you have plenty of other things to do than worry about  freshmen." He chuckled at my comment and shook his head. 

~~~~

(Later That Day)

My fingers played with a loose thread from my sweater, listening to my Biology teacher. She was standing about some topics that didn't seem to have any correlation to what we were learning. I couldn't help but think about what must've been the real reason behind Randall's visit. Maybe he was just being nice? After all, he was my RA and a good friend. I smiled, biting my lip as I thought about how flustered he was this morning. 

"Ms. Stone," my professor cleared her throat, "Class is over." She was indeed correct. My classmates were filing out of the classroom. She wished her goodbye and stepped out of the room, her bag hanging from her shoulder. I quickly gathered my things together and made my way to my dorm for the rest of the day. I was about to leave the building when I noticed Hamish leaning against the wall. 

His hand gripped the frame of a door, clutching his side. I stepped over to him and set a hand on his shoulder. "Hamish?" I said. My eyes drew to a splotch of blood growing on his shirt. On an instant, I put his arm around my shoulder and tried to hold him up. He sat on the floor of a janitor's closet while I made sure nobody saw us. I was happy that the door wasn't locked, giving us shelter momentarily. 

I reached for my backpack and tore a piece of fabric from my jacket. Hamish cursed when I lifted his hand to put the fabric down. His hand went back to his side. "Who did this?" I asked, using the back of my hand to check his forehead. "K-Kyle," he croaked. He fumbled for his phone in his suit pocket. I stopped him and grabbed the phone from him. I quickly called Randall, knowing that he would be the one to answer. 

Hamish grunted, pressing his head against the shelf behind him. The phone rang for a second until Randall answered the phone. "You know those Order friends of Jack's?" Hamish said, managing to say some words (GIF Above). "Hot and hotter?" Randall responded. I rolled my eyes at his response. Hamish gripped my hand, signaling me to continue the conversation. "They know Hamish is a werewolf. Kyle stabbed him with a blade that only kills Werewolves," I said. 

There was a short pause on the other line of the phone. I was about to say something when Randall questioned my statement. "I'm as surprised as you are," I said. My hands were already covered in Hamish's blood. "I'll come find you," Randall stated. Hamish shook his head in disagreement. It wouldn't have been the worst idea for Randall to come find us, but then again, he'd be running the risk of being spotted. 

"If they know I'm one, they might know you are as well," Hamish gulped. "No fuck that," Randall retorted. I lifted Hamish's hand to look at the wound for a second before dropping his hand. "I'll bring him to the den," I said. "You do realize that if they know Hamish is a Werewolf, they could potentially know that you're a Knight. They could hurt you too," Randall spoke. I looked at the phone and then at Hamish. 

My friend's face was growing paler in the seconds that passed. "I'm bringing him whether you like it or not," I said. I hung up the phone before Randall could protest. Hamish lifted his arm slightly so I could put his phone away. He moaned in pain when I helped him up from the ground. I apologized multiple times as I led him out of the janitor's closet. 

Hamish started to stay back and forth, leaning into me. I grunted and fixed my arm underneath his. "Hamish, I need you to stay awake. I'm strong, but not strong enough to hold a werewolf," I said. He stuttered out an apology. "It's okay. I know you're trying your best," I said. While we were walking, I spotted Brandon, Gabrielle, and Kyle walking down the hallway. 

"Dammit," I muttered. Hamish swiftly hit the fire alarm. The alarm blared loudly, red and white lights flashing about the hallway. We leaned against the wall and watched the students walk down the hallway. I waited a few seconds before leading Hamish out of the school building. I definitely got a few weird looks when people saw me trying to hold up Hamish. 

We're walking down the sidewalk when Hamish loses his balance and falls to the side. I kneel beside him, checking his pulse. His heartbeat isn't as lively as it should be. I looked up from Hamish just to see a boy wearing a Belgrave's mascot costume. Don't know how it was possible, but I was able to convince him to give me his costume. Hamish slipped the wolf costume on, and we continued our trek to the den. 

I pushed open the door to the house, struggling to carry Hamish inside. "A little help!" I called. I felt my hands begin to slip from Hamish's arms. My two friends came running around the corner to help me. I sighed in relief, shaking my hands once Hamish was released from me. We helped Hamish onto the couch. Randall and I took off the wolf costume with the mask first, then the rest of the ensemble. 

Randall lifted up Hamish's dress shirt. The stab wound was getting worse. Lilith walked over and set the bowl of green ooze on the table. "Is this going to work?" I asked, sitting beside Randall. "Let's hope," she replied. She dipped a leaf into the green liquid and laid it on top of the wound. Hamish hissed in pain, gripping Randall's hand. 

He stopped wincing and rested his head on the back of the couch. The three of us exchanged a nervous glance at the pause. "Did it work?" Randall spoke, letting go of Hamish. I lifted up the leaf and saw that the wound had completely healed. It looked as if there had been no wound at all. Randall tapped Hamish's skin but earned a swat of the hand from Hamish. 

Randall rolled his eyes and picked up the brown bowl, smelling it. He gagged and put the bowl down immediately. "It smells like vomit, and sulfur had a baby," Randall commented. I chuckled at his reaction and turned to Hamish. I set a hand on his shoulder. Hamish slowly nodded, putting a hand on top of mine. 

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

96.5K 1.7K 16
based on netflix's 'the society' katherine wood expected to go on a regular school trip with her peers, but to their dismay, the bus didn't stop at t...
103K 2.8K 38
Now that Alyssa is a supernatural creature like her friends, she doesn't have to worry about getting hurt and not being able to heal. But she still d...
12.7K 169 21
Rachel Carpio is the younger sister to Randall Carpio. She's also the fourth knight of The Knights of Saint Christopher, and in her first year of co...
14.9K 443 31
Rene Adams. A student at Belgrave University. Her adventurous soul winds herself into an unpleasant situation. She finds the hide of Alpha that had b...