A Chance At Happiness {COMPLE...

By avid_read_write

"I regret to inform you that we could not save your wife's life, she was a brave woman she fought it till the... More

DISCLAIMER
HER
HIM
A Usual Day
Meet With Cousin
Rakesh's Mess
Impending Doom
The DOOM
Her Apartment
Last Rites
PS: I Love You Both
Amusement Park...
The Meeting...Decisions...Friends
Convincing And His Decision
Torture a.k.a Party
The Sunday...
Restless Night
Restless Day & Planning
Shopping & D-Day
Advice & Frustrations
RECEPTION
Consequences
Regrets and Fun
Prank War
Expectations...
Stop It...
Surprise...
Hiking & Talking
No-Confidence & Mess
Mess becomes Messier
Author's note
Mess becomes Messier (Nirvana POV)
Karma Is A B****
Saturday
Feelings & Decisions
Departure....
Deal & Surprise
Yes & Studio
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Bonus Chapter 1.

Epilogue

4.6K 105 12
By avid_read_write

1 year later........

The hospital construction was going according to the plan and Blood banks had become famous through-out the state. We have gotten recognition from different media and the hospital had become much awaited.

"Is everything ready?" I asked Karan as I entered our room. Yes, Now it is our room. I shifted as soon as we came back from California. I needed a study for myself so I shifted to Karan's room and we converted My room into my study.

"Yes, I am packed." Karan replied.

We were leaving to Italy where Karan had bought a Villa six months back for Get-away's. Currently the Villa was being decorated for Raghav and Shaan's wedding. Gyan and I had planned the whole wedding when Raghav gave us the reins. He told us what he wanted and we had arranged for it. 

My parents had been so happy when Shaan and Raghav announced their engagement. Dad had literally pulled out all stops and spent all the money he saved from my wedding on Raghav's. He considered Raghav his Son So you can imagine what he did.

"I am thinking after the wedding, Can we go to your lake house?" Karan asked.

"Yes, Why?" I said.

"We promised Karthi, Remember, that we could come back some time and you would teach him to Kayak." Karan said.

"Oh, Yeah...It will be fun." I said snuggling on the bed.

"Hmm...Ask if Gyan wants to Join...Maanav is taking Zoya to London." Karan said pulling me against his chest and curling his hand over me.

"Okay" I said Yawning.

---------------------------*********************--------------------------

"Karan, Make sure Karthi is ready, I am going to the beach." I said checking myself in the mirror.

"Yes, we will be ready and down in 20 minutes, You go and check the preparations." Karan said softly trying to calm me down.

"Okay bye, I will see you down" I said kissing his cheek and was about to leave when I was pulled back to his chest.

"You look beautiful, Doctor."Karan said nuzzling my neck.

"Thank you, Now leave me I need to go" I said urgently.

I went to Raghav's room and saw he was ready and was playing mario kart on his phone. 

"You look handsome Raghav." I said hugging him.

"And you look beautiful." Raghav said.

"Everything ready, Karthi will be ready with your rings and your flower girl is ready as well." I said.

"I am so happy today, Vana" Raghav said.

"Me too" I said.

"I just wish my parents were here" Raghav said.

"Well, You are in luck then" I said and went out to bring Raghav's mother and sister inside.

"Maa, Di" Raghav said with tears in his eyes.

"Beta, Kesey soch liya ki mere bina teri shaadi hogi?(How did you think you would marry without me being present.)" Aunty said.

"I am so happy Raghav, Finally you are getting married" Di said.

"Thank you Ma, Thank you Di" Raghav said hugging them.

"Come On now, stop crying it is a happy occasion" I said even though I myself was crying.

"Aur Papa" Raghav asked.

"He didn't come and who cares about him." Di said.

"So, Where is my Niece?" Raghav asked.

"Getting ready to be your flower girl." I said.

"So, this was the surprise" Raghav asked.

"One of many" I said.

"Aunty ready...It's time." I said.

Raghav held his mother and I was behind him as we went to wards the stage which was set-up by the beach. Gyan was already standing by Shaan's side. I took my place beside Raghav's side.

Karthi came escorting Niyati who was the flower girl. They looked so cute together.

The ceremony went on without a hitch. The reception was great and when it was night fall the newly married couple departed for their honeymoon.

-----------------*************---------------

We stayed back at the villa for few more days. All the relatives flew back to India. 

"Mamma, I wanted to ask if I can go out and play at the beach." Karthi asked.

"Yes, It is fine but don't go too far in to the water okay" I said.

"Okay" He said and ran away.

I followed him knowing he wouldn't be able to keep himself in the shallow waters. We played a lot in the water and came back dripping wet.

--------------***********------------------

"Hello" I said as Gyan picked up my call.

"Hey Di, What's up?" She asked.

"Do you want to come for the weekend to the Lake house?" I asked.

"No Di, You carry on I have assignments and labs." She said.

"You sure...." I asked.

"Yeah, You guys enjoy." She said.

"Okay, Bye" I said.

"Bye" She replied.

"Well, Gyan is not coming, So it's just us three" I said as Karan entered the room.

"Make it two" Karan said.

"You are not coming?" I asked.

"No, Your son is not coming" Karan replied.

"What? Why?" I asked as I didn't know any plans that included Karthi.

"He is being invited to his friend's birthday party and a sleepover for the weekend." He said.

"Which friend? What friend? Did you talk to the parents? Is it safe?" I started asking.

"Jonas and Yes and Yes" He said.

"Damn, Then trip cancelled?" I asked.

"No, We are going." He said.

"We will be absolutely bored." I said.

"Lucky for you, I can keep both of us entertained." Karan said.

"And how do you propose that Mr.Ranawat" I asked.

"Simple, You teach me how to Kayak and I will teach you how to kiss" Karan said flirting shamelessly.

"I don't think it is a fair exchange." I said.

"Hmm...Well I can teach you how to kiss in different styles." Karan said smirking.

"Such a shameless idiot you are" I said throwing a pillow to his face.

"Arey, What is shameless about it?" He asked.

"Soooo, Make sure you pack your gear" I said trying to change the topic.

"Okay ma'am" Karan said blatantly ignoring my obvious reason to change the topic.

-----------------************------------------

"Karan, You are paddling in the wrong direction." I shouted.

"Damn, I did it again." He said.

"Karan, How is this so hard for you? This exactly like cycling" I said exasperated.

"It is easy but I am not able to grasp the direction change part." He said.

"Okay, Stop paddling, I will maneuver then you can paddle" I said.

"How do you do that? " Karan asked.

"Practice, We will make an expert out of you ." I said.

"Come on, Let's go eat, I am hungry." I said encouraging him to get up.

"Okay" He replied.

---------------------------******************-----------------------------

"Nirvana, Wake up" I heard as Karan started shaking me.

"Karan, Stop shaking me and sleep" I said pulling Duvet to my chin.

"You need to wake up" He said and started shaking me aggressively.

"Ahhh...I am going to kill you" I said as I sat up.

"Good you are awake. Take a shower, we are going hiking" Karan said.

"No thanks" I said as I fell on bed ready to go back to sleep.

"Nirvana, Just get up please. I promise it will be worth it." Karan said almost begging.

"This better be worth it Ranawat or else I will return home a widow." I threatened and went into washroom.

We started hiking. We were taking a different trail longer than the one we took before. Half way through I was already tired.

"I am already breathless. This is hard" I said.

"Not far now" Karan said encouraging me.

After 5 minutes we reached the cliff and we sat on the edge to see the sun rise. 

"This is beautiful" I said looking at the rising sun.

"Yes, it is." Karan said.

We sat there for another 15 minutes when karan looked at me.

"What?" I asked.

"Thank you for coming in to my life" He said.

I was taken aback at the serious note in his tone and honesty in his eyes. But I was happy he said that because that is exactly what I was feeling.

"Thank you for making me truly happy" I said looking in to his eyes.

Karan leaned towards me and kissed my lips. He moved his lips against mine and encouraged me to do the same.

And that is how Ladies and Gentlemen we kissed under the rising sun.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Thank You for reading my book. 

Hope you enjoyed it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 89.9K 66
COMPLETED ✅ #1 in indianlove on 6/5/21 #1 in india on 26/6/21 #7 in romance on 26/6/21 Opposites Attract? Maybe! This is a story where two total...
239K 12.3K 50
#1 in Doctor series "Doctor!!" A soft, warm, and euphonic voice of Dr. Ishaan came from very behind me. I whirled. "Hhaammppff" I gasped, finding hi...
571K 27.1K 60
"No! Don't-- Don't touch me." Her voice was trembling now because of her so much of crying session. She's getting weak. Physically too. "Okay!! okay...
276K 10.5K 26
"You still love her? What do you mean by that? you love her when you are the cause of her sorrow? you love her? don't forget the fact that you were...