Apricity✓|Editing

By fabulot

|COMPLETED| >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Alexandrea Dwayne is a seventeen-year old girl who suffered abuse at the hands o... More

Chapter ONE
Chapter TWO
Chapter THREE
Chapter FOUR
Chapter FIVE
Chapter SIX
Chapter SEVEN
Chapter EIGHT
Chapter NINE
Chapter TEN
Chapter ELEVEN
Chapter TWELVE
Chapter THIRTEEN
Chapter FOURTEEN
Chapter FIFTEEN
Chapter SIXTEEN
Chapter SEVENTEEN
Chapter EIGHTEEN
Chapter NINETEEN
Chapter TWENTY
Chapter TWENTY-ONE
Chapter TWENTY-TWO
Aesthetics!!!!!
Chapter TWENTY- THREE
Chapter TWENTY-FOUR
Chapter TWENTY-FIVE
Chapter TWENTY-SEVEN
Chapter TWENTY-EIGHT
Chapter TWENTY-NINE
Chapter THIRTY
Chapter THIRTY-ONE
Chapter THIRTY-TWO
Chapter THIRTY-THREE
Chapter THIRTY-FOUR
Chapter THIRTY-FIVE
CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX
CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN
Chapter THIRTY-EIGHT
Chapter THIRTY- NINE
Chapter FORTY
Chapter FORTY-ONE
Chapter FORTY- TWO
Chapter FORTY-THREE
Chapter FORTY- FOUR
Chapter FORTY- FIVE
Chapter FORTY- SIX
Chapter FORTY- SEVEN
Chapter FORTY- EIGHT
Chapter FORTY-NINE
Chapter FIFTY
Chapter FIFTY- ONE
Chapter FIFTY- TWO
Chapter FIFTY THREE
Chapter FIFTY-FOUR
Chapter FIFTY FIVE
Chapter FIFTY- SIX
Chapter FIFTY- SEVEN
Chapter FIFTY- EIGHT
Chapter FIFTY- NINE
Chapter SIXTY
Chapter SIXTY- ONE
Chapter SIXTY- TWO
Chapter SIXTY- THREE
Chapter SIXTY-FOUR
Chapter SIXTY-FIVE
Chapter SIXTY- SIX
Chapter SIXTY-SEVEN
Chapter SIXTY-EIGHT
Chapter SIXTY-NINE
Chapter SEVENTY
Chapter SEVENTY-ONE
Chapter SEVENTY-TWO
Chapter SEVENTY-THREE
Chapter SEVENTY-FOUR
Chapter SEVENTY-FIVE
Chapter SEVENTY-SIX
Chapter SEVENTY-SEVEN
Chapter SEVENTY-EIGHT
Chapter SEVENTY-NINE
Chapter EIGHTY
Chapter EIGHTY-ONE
Chapter EIGHTY-TWO
Chapter EIGHTY- THREE
Chapter EIGHTY-FOUR
(Extra Chapter)- I
(Extra Chapter)- II

Chapter TWENTY SIX

280 69 168
By fabulot

Alexandrea's P.O.V

I woke up with the rays of the sun glaring directly at my face. I shut my eyes and groaned while turning my head the other way. I tossed and turned, too lazy to stand up as I glanced at the time. 8:40am . It was Saturday so I could stay in bed all I wanted but it's been so long since I went to the restaurant and I need to go.

I eventually stood up and stretched to get the tiredness out. Throughout this week, I avoided Eli because I knew he would bring up the topic again. I guess he gave up on trying to talk to me after he realized I kept on avoiding him. I know I can't keep avoiding him forever but I will while I can. Bex and Zoey have been occupied with homeworks that they haven't been able to come over. Zoey and Eddy were awkward around each other throughout the week and I could feel the tension between the two. Luke is back to school and Nick still acts like I don't exist.

I drag myself to the bathroom and brush my teeth to get rid of the morning breath. I look at the mirror and see the bird nest on my head I call hair. Even after using an hairband, it still points everywhere when I wake up in the morning. I remove the hairband as my hair unveils and cascade down my shoulders and back. I run my fingers through my hair in an attempt to loose the tangled but I gave up after failed attempt.

I smiled at my reflection and a puffy eyed girl with flushed cheeks and tangled hair smiles back at me. I walked back to my room and let out a tired yawn as I walked down the stairs in the sweater from my grandma and a thigh-length SpongeBob printed socks. I saw my mom on the couch with a guy but I couldn't see his face because their backs were facing me.

"Mom! I'm hungry" I said and the guy turned his head to look at me as I gasped in surprise. "Nick??"

"Hey shorty" he grinned as if he hadn't been ignoring my existence all week.

"Oh sweetie, you're up. Nick here told me you guys had a project together" my mom smiled at him to which he smiled politely back.

"I must say, you have a beautiful smile Mrs Dwayne" Nick flirted and I internally puked in my mouth.

"Oh my! Thank you and please call me Susan" my mom blushed and I couldn't believe the sight in front of me.

"Okay, this is disgusting..." I grimaced "And Nick, what project do we have together?" I said as I put my hands on my hips, glaring at him. He gave me a soft smile and shook his head at me.

"Alex, you forgot again? " He said while smiling. What's gotten into him? He barely smiles at anyone and now he's at my house smiling like a maniac?

"Let me leave you two, make sure you give the project your best so you can have good grades, okay?" My mom said standing up.

"Of course we will, Susan" Nick smiled at my mom and she smiled back then left. Immediately she left, the smile on Nick's face dropped to a scowl.

"Now will you tell me the real reason you're here?"I asked crossing my arms on my chest. He didn't answer, he just walked closer to me and pulled me by my arm then started dragging me up the stairs.

"What the hell is your problem? You ignore me all day in school and come to my house acting like we're old buddies?" I almost yelled at him feeling frustrated and yanked my arm from his grip. He closed the door of my room and sat on the chair of my reading table.

"Don't trust anyone, okay?" He said, completely ignoring everything I said. I folded my arms and scoffed at him.

"You mean people like you?" I said with a raised eyebrow. He just shrugged and laid on my bed with his arms behind his head. I narrowed my eyes at him and kicked him with my leg. He didn't move and his breathing has become slow as his chest rose and fell softly. I sat beside him on the bed and placed my head in my palms.

"You're a pain the neck, just get out" I said with a sigh as my head rested in my palms and I was greeted with silence "I know you're not sleeping and you've not told me why you're here" I said again and there was no response. "Nick if-"

"Just shut up, I'm trying to sleep here" he said groggily, cutting me off as he pulled me down with him with his arms around my shoulder and squishing me to his side while his other hand was still behind his head. I wiggled as I tried to get out from his embrace but he just tightened his arms around me.

"What are you doing?! Are you insane?! What if my mom comes in?!" I manage to say because my face was squished on his chest. He just hummed and kept his hold on me tighter. I puffed out a breath and gave up on struggling.

"Alex, breakfast is ready!" I heard my mother's voice from downstairs and I started to struggle against Nick again with all my might. Nothing was going to get between my food and I . I unconsciously brushed Nick's side and he squeezed his face as if trying not to laugh. He's ticklish!!

I started to tickle him as his eyes shot open and he squirmed, then started laughing while trying to pry my hands from his side. After he removed his hands to stop from tickling him. Let me enjoy this moment while I can, I smirked and continued tickling him besides his laughter is rare. I didn't even know when I climbed on him and continued to tickle him with a small smile on my face. In an instant, he flipped me over and started to tickle me back. I squirmed and twisted as I laughed.

"Alex??! Nick??!" I heard my mom's impatient voice from downstairs and I froze. Shit! I got carried away. I tensed at our position with Nick over me as his weight pressed on each side of my on the bed and his face extremely close to mine. Woah! He has long eyelashes, I've always wanted long eyelashes, I pouted as I thought. We were both staring at each other right now as he started to lean in while I just stared. He was so close I could feel his breath on my lips and then he moved his lips to my ear. My mind was yelling at me, Is he going to kiss me?! OMG!! What if he is? I should stop this right now! This is wrong! I like Eli!! But my body just decided not to move.

"Alex" he whispered as his lips grazed my ear making me whimper in response."Why are your lips so big?" He said and I gasped, snapping out of the trance I was in and pushed him off me. What was I thinking? He landed beside me as I pushed him off and he started laughing really hard.

"Oh, you think this is funny? Fucking jerk" I huffed and stood up from the bed heading to the door while he still laughed.

"Calm down, It was just a joke" he laughed while I rolled my eyes and left the room, leaving him inside. I stomped down the stairs in fury. Who does he think he is? Mocking me? And my lips are not big! Right? I subconsciously reached my hands up to touch my lips. Are they big?

"What took you guys so long?!" My mom said as she set the dining table.

"I was um.. concluding the project" I said as I rushed over to help her. She sent me a look signalling that she didn't believe me but she didn't say anything.

"By the way where's Nick?" She asked and I glanced the stairs

"Oh he's-"

"Missing me already, Susan?" Nick cut me off as he walked down and stairs my mom blushed.

"Don't be silly, I just wanted to call you for breakfast before you continue your project" she smiled at him and Nick grinned.

"I wasn't planning on staying for breakfast but now that I smell the aroma of the food, it makes my stomach growled I'm excitement"He said as he winked at my mom and sat in one of the chairs on the dining table. I just stood there glaring at him as my mom's face turned to a deeper shade of pink.

"Thank you, dear" my mom smiled as she sat down too. I narrowed my eyes at Nick and sat down as well. Mom made chocolate chip banana muffins with a cup of tea. I took a sip of my tea and glared at Nick.

"Oh goodness!" Nick exclaimed as he took a bite of his muffin " Alex needs cooking lessons from you" he said as he continued chewing and I glared at him.

"You're so sweet!" My mom blushed again and the rest of breakfast was filled with my mom telling Nick how she first started cooking. Soon, we all finished eating and I cleared the table and took the dishes to the kitchen. I finished the dishes and met my mom still talking to Nick as they were both laughing. I narrowed my eyes at him and walked up to them.

"Mom! It's almost noon, I think Nick will be on his way now" I said glaring at him the whole time.

"Alex! Don't be rude" my mom scolded looking at me.

"It's fine Susan, she's right. I should head home now" he said smirking at me and standing up.

"Alright! My regards to your parents!" My mom smiled, unaware of the change in atmosphere. Nick's smile faltered and he was about to talk but I cut him off.

"Mom! He's Zoey's twin!" I said to her and her eyes widened as her cheeks burned in embarrassment.

"Oh dear, I'm so sorry, I didn't- I'm really sorry" she apologized.

"It's fine! You didn't know" Nick plastered a forced smile on his face.

"Bye Nick" I said as I pushed Nick to the door. My mom gave me an unpleasant look but I continued pushing him towards the door.

"Bye Susan" Nick called as my mom smiled. I opened the door and shoved him out. "Jeez, stop being so grumpy all the time" Nick said as I rolled my eyes at him.

"I'm not grumpy. I just want you out of my house" I said.

"Fine. Bye shorty" he waved and started walking down the street. Where's his car?

"Hey! Nick! " I called and ignored me and continued walking. "Must you be a jerk all the damn time?!" I yelled as I jogged, following him. He just shook his head and continued walking. I caught up with him and shoved him on his side. "Dick" I muttered.

"You changed your mind about me leaving your house?" He smirked and stopped. I stopped as well and scoffed.

"Never. Where's your car?" I asked and his smirk dropped to a scowl as he clenched his jaw.

"I..sold it" he said and it did sound very convincing.

"Why?" I asked getting more curious.

"Mind your fucking business. You don't have to know everything" he said with a cold tone and I furrowed my eyebrows at him.

"I was just-"

"Listen. My life does not concern you, okay? So stay the fuck out of it! It's bad already, I don't need you to make it worse!"he cut me off and walked off. What the hell is his problem?

"You're an asshole!" I yelled as he walked off and he continued walking. I watched as his figure disappears to a corner and I bit my lower lip, trying not to cry. Why is always like this? I'm not going to cry. Not because of him. I turned and started walking back home. My mom saw my change in mood but I cashed up the stairs before she could say a word.

I took a long shower as I cried then clean my body with a towel when I was done. I stared at my reflection in the mirror for the second time today. It's bad already, I don't need you to make it worse!, His words flash in my mind as I looked at the ugly scars. What was I thinking? That Eli would like me back? Once he sees these scars, I don't think he'll ever want to look at me again.

I push my thoughts to the back of mind as I dressed up to go to the restaurant. I settled for something simple.

I put my hair in a ponytail and jogged down the stairs.

"Mom! I'm off to work" I yelled.

"Okay, I have to go grocery too so when you're coming back, can you get me some things?" She yelled back from her room.

"Okay! Where's the list?" I asked scanning the sitting room.

"Check the slab in the kitchen" she said and I walked to the kitchen. I took the paper form the slap and shoved it in my back pocket. I put my phone and some cash in my front pocket as I took my keys. In no time, I was in my car and driving to work.

I parked in the driveway and got out of my car. I entered and saw Maria immediately. She was talking to a man and he pecked her cheek before he went to take a seat. I walked over to her and grinned.

"Alex!! It's been one week! I missed you" she said and gave me hug before pulling away.

"I missed you too! Where's the Chef? " I asked.

"Kitchen" she said and carried a tray of food to a table. I put on my apron immediately and got to work. I saw the Chef briefly because he was busy and I waved at him as he smiled back. I saw a guy come in and sit in one of the chairs as I took my order pad and walked over to him.

"Good afternoon sir, what would you like to have?" I asked while smiling politely. His eyes raked my body and I felt uncomfortable under his gaze.

"Are you on the menu?" He smirked and I tried to keep the smile on my face. "Sit. Let's get to know each other" he said and leaned across the table.

"I'm working so I can't" I said with my lips in a straight line.

"You're not getting paid, right? So sit" he said again. How did he know I was not getting paid? Red fucking flag!!

"How do you know?" I asked starting to panic.

"I know everything about you, Alex. So sit" he said with a cruel smirk and gesture to the chair opposite him. I sat down hesitantly as he kept his gaze on me. Did he know about my dad too? What else did he know? "Calm down darling, I'm Danny, let's get to know more about each other" he smirked.

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××
Writer: Hello sweethearts,

How have y'all been? Thanks for all your support and for making it this far in the book?! I love y'all so much!

Nick : We know

Eli: I know right! Like who doesn't?

Writer: *rolls eyes* I was not talking to you flatheads.

Eddy: Hey guys!

Writer: where are the girls??

Nick: I don't know, they're celebrating something about Zoward.

Writer: Really? OMG!!! I have to go and join them!!! *Faces the audience* Don't forget to vote-

Eddy: *refuses to talk because he was not mentioned in the chapter*

Nick: -comment and-

Eddy: -follow. Enjoy!

Writer: I'm coming back for you idiots! Right after I finish the celebration! You won't get away with this!!!

Nick: wait!! Who's Zoward?

*Everyone disappears leaving Nick*
29/07/2020

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 26.3K 66
When 18-year-old Emma Dawson was raped after her junior year in high school, her entire world fell apart. Especially when her egocentric father didn'...
197K 5.9K 45
"I loved you dangerously Alia,more than the air that I freaking breath but yet you still went ahead and chose him" "What are you talking about. I did...
3.9K 171 23
Kat was three years old when the fighting broke out between her parents and two years later they finally divorced. Ever since then she has lived with...
492K 6.2K 35
A 17 year old girl, named Camille Edwards and her mom and dad lives in a dangerous-ghetto neighborhood. Her mother is a crack fiend, and her father i...