Run (Punk Luke Hemmings)

By mrshemmo18

Allison Montgomery wasn't your average teenage girl. She liked punk rock bands and dressed in all black almos... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Just an author's note!!!
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Author's Note
A/N About the Sequel!

Chapter 39

143K 3.2K 3.4K
By mrshemmo18

Allis' POV

The rest of the weekend consists of feeling sick and tired. I'm so glad that we have two free days before having to go back to school, I needed all the time I could get to gain back my energy and sanity. Occasionally I would wake up with nightmares, luckily Luke would be right there to hold me and play with my hair until I fell back asleep. I know that Lin wanted to see me to make sure I was okay, but she would understand why I was making her wait. All I needed was to lay in bed tangled up with Luke. Thankfully Troy had taken up all of my mother's time this weekend, so she didn't try to bother me at all.

We barely left my bed all weekend, the only time was when we got something to eat. I imagined this was what it would be like to live with Luke. Staying in bed all day, watching movies and cuddling. It was perfect, and he was all that I needed. By the time that Sunday evening rolled around, I was absolutely dreading the thought of school tomorrow. I thought about pretending to be sick and staying home with Luke, but I knew we shouldn't miss school. Especially since I had tests soon. That would be saved for another day.

A little before my mother came to tell me good night, Luke snuck out to go home and get clothes for tomorrow. He decided not to leave an hour early since we were so tired, he would just get ready with me and then he would sneak out a few minutes before it would be time for me to leave. During the time that he was gone, my bed was cold and felt too big. I was never going to be able to sleep alone again.

When he came back, I felt warm again and better than I had all weekend. Most of my energy had returned and I was just happy to have Luke here with me. 

"What?" He asks when he crawls in bed and I smile at him.

I thought about telling him that I loved him right then, but I still didn't think the time was right. "I'm just glad you're here," I say.

"I'll never be anywhere else," he says and smiles back at me.

My stomach churns at his words. The thought of being with Luke forever made the happiest girl alive and this comment made me believe that he actually wanted that. Man did I love this boy.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

The next day arrives and I am not ready to go back to school. Luke and I get ready together, both of us yawning continually. We both wear sweatpants today and I laugh at the fact that we almost match. He kisses and hugs me before climbing down the side of my house, telling me that he'll see me in a couple of minutes.

When I arrive at school, Luke is waiting for me outside. We walk in together and find all of our friends at my locker. Linley runs up to me and engulfs me in a tight hug. She pulls away and her eyes speak the words that she can't.

"I love you Lin," I whisper to her.

"I love you too Allis," she gives me a small smile back.

The other boys come up and hug me, each telling me that they're glad I'm okay. I was so lucky to have such great friends.

The day goes by fast and luckily I don't see Tate at all. That was what I was dreading most, so it made my day better. I was glad to be back in my classes, I loved learning. It took my mind away from other things. Wow I'm such a nerd.

The next few days roll by and still no sign of Tate, I have a feeling we won't be seeing him ever again. At least not at this school. 

That afternoon, Luke and I lay in my bed again and cuddle as we listen to music. I have already finished all my homework for tonight and it felt good to get it out of the way. 

"Wanna go on a date tomorrow?" He asks with a smile.

Tomorrow was Friday and I knew there was a party, but Luke and I agreed on no parties for a while. Until our friends could know that Tate would no longer be attending these events, we would be staying as far as we could.

I smile and bite my bottom lip. His habit was contagious. "That would be fun," I say.

"Cool, it's a date then," he says before kissing me and turning out the light.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Schools goes by quickly the next day and I was excited for our date tonight. When we got home, Luke stayed downstairs and played video games with Bradley and Josh while I got ready. I wore a navy blue dress with a tan flower pattern all over it and a bow that tied in the back. Linley had picked it out for me when we went shopping a while back. I curled my own hair and did my makeup just how Lin always did. She helped me a lot with fashion and how to make myself look pretty, and I would have to thank her for that later. 

When I was finally ready, I walked back downstairs and into the living room. I stayed back for a moment and watched as Luke laughed along with the two boys. This sight made me smile and before they could catch me staring, I told him that I was ready. He turned around and almost gasped. He walked towards me, keeping his eyes on me the whole time. 

"You look gorgeous," he whispers as he leans down and kisses me.

"Ew get a room!" We hear Bradley yell from the couch. 

We both laugh and continue to the door.

As we ride in Luke's car, we sing along to the music and the wind flows through my curly hair. A few minutes later we pull up to a Japanese restaurant. We are immediately seated since Luke had reservations. This is the kind of restaurant where they cook in front of you, I had never been to one before. Watching the chef cook was like a show, he was funny and he did all kinds of tricks, including tossing one of the shrimp tails to the table behind us. We were seated with a few other people and we all talked and laughed throughout the night. 

The food was the best I had ever had and this had become my new favorite restaurant, even though I couldn't pronounce the name. When we left, I noticed that Luke was not driving back home.

"We're going somewhere else?" I ask.

"Well yeah, you thought our date was over?" He asks with a smirk.

"I didn't know!" I laughed.

We drive all the way to the beach. It is dark out and I can barely see the ocean. I smile as I look at him and get out of the car, running onto the sand. He follows me and scoops me up in his arms. I kick my shoes off and take his face in my hands, kissing him hard as I smile into his lips. He starts to set me down and I didn't even notice that he had walked farther down on the beach. Once I am on the ground, I turn around and see a blanket surrounded by candles a few feet away. I smile and run over to get a closer look.

"What is this?" I ask as he sits on the blanket next to me. He looked beautiful in the candelight.

"Just a little thing I put together, it's not a big deal," he winks at me. 

He leans in and plants another kiss on my lips before turning around and grabbing the familiar black case. I hadn't even noticed the guitar laying in the sand, but I was ecstatic. He had only played for me that one time and I absolutely loved it. 

"I learned another song for you," he says with a smile and he strums random chords. "I learned it a while back and I've been waiting for the perfect time to play it for you. Right now is that time," he says as he looks up at me and stops strumming.

He starts playing again, this time a few chords that are familiar. I've heard the music before, but I can't place what song it is.

I'm gonna pick up the pieces and build a lego house, if things go wrong we can knock it down

He starts to sing and I immediately know what song it is, I have always loved this song.

My three words have two meanings, there's one thing on my mind

It's all for you

Oh

And it's dark in a cold December, but I've got you to keep me warm

His voice sounded even better than last time and I have to wonder how many times he has practiced singing this song. His voice is loud then goes quiet when he says warm, sending a chill through my body. 

If you're broken I will mend ya, and I'll keep you sheltered from the storm that's raging on now

I'm out of touch, I'm out of love 

I'll pick you up when you're getting down

And out of all these things I've done, I think I love you better now

I''m out of sight, I'm out of mind

I'll do it all for you in time

And out of all these things I've done, I think I love you better now

My heart immediately shatters when he says those three words and each time that he does say them. Surely he is just singing the lyrics, I didn't know if he actually meant that he loved me. He sounded incredible though and I was full of emotion. As he goes through the song, I start to cry a little. I quickly wipe away my tears when he's not looking, hoping that he doesn't see. No matter what happens between Luke and I in the future, I will always cherish this moment.

And it's dark in a cold December, but I've got you to keep me warm

His voice gets quieter again when he says warm and it sounds even better than last time he did it, making my heart flutter. He is getting to the last chorus of the song and I am silently sobbing to myself.

I'm out of touch, I'm out of love

I'll pick you up when you're getting down

And out of all these things I've done, I think I love you better now

He looks at me once more as he sings the last few lines.

I'm out of sight, I'm out of mind

I'll do it all for you in time

And out of all these things I've done, I will love you better now

By the time the song is over, I can't hide my tears and I don't care that he sees.

"Luke," I say as I wipe my face, trying not to smear the makeup. "That was so beautiful."

That was the only word I could use to describe it. It was unreal. He had the voice of an angel and I'm not lying when I say that I have never heard someone sound as good as he just did. I was so in love with him and his amazing voice. 

He sets the guitar back on the case and moves closer to me.

"Allis, I learned that song for a reason," he begins. "I know we haven't officially been together for that long, but you make me the happiest I've ever been. The lyrics describe how I feel perfectly and there was no other song that could describe my feelings more."

My heart is pounding and I have to wipe away more tears as he speaks.

He takes my face in his hands. "I love you Allison," he whispers.

A small laugh escapes my mouth. "I love you Luke," I whisper back.

He brings himself to his knees and pulls me up so that I am level with him and kisses me hard. He wastes no time in deepening the kiss and slides his tongue right in, intertwining it with mine.

"Do you want to go back to my house?" He asks. I'm shocked by his words and nod quickly before he can change his mind.

He kisses me once more and pulls me up with him, grabbing the guitar and leading me to his car with his hand in mine.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A/N

So I picked this song because I absolutely love Luke's cover of Lego House by Ed Sheeran. If you haven't heard it, go listen to it right now. It's a must. It is beautiful.

Love you guys :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 57 27
College. The four years that everything basically changes. Where there's parties, drinking, hookups, and anything else, you name it. A lot of people...
30.2K 1K 47
BOOK 1: Julie wanted change, all she ever wanted was an escape. She moved to Australia for High School. Being so tired and sick of everything back h...
162K 4.7K 40
Rebellious ,rich, bad boy, Luke Hemmings is forced by his dad to live with his mum, in Sydney, for the summer in hopes to change his attitude. When...
31.1K 1K 61
When 20 year old Alyssa receives a letter telling her that she is Ashton Irwin's long lost twin sister, her life changes forever. As she meets the ba...