An Oni's Mask (Jay Walker x r...

By Inactive235

(Y/n) has been part of the group, Sons of Garmadon, for a while now. But still no one, apart from The Quiet O... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Ending 1
Ending 2
Ending 3

Chapter 16

1.4K 38 20
By Inactive235

(Lloyd's P.O.V)

I stepped out of the bridge after checking with Nya that we were on course to Kryptarium prison, before looking around to see Jay leaning on the railing and staring out to the clouds.

I hesitated, none of the others knew who (Y/n) really was, and I was unsure if I should tell him myself.

I did notice the two being close but part of me knew that it was the right thing to do, even if it would crush him.

Slowly I climbed down the ladder and walked over to Jay and put a hand on his shoulder.
"How you holding up?" I asked gently.
He flashed me a smile that didn't reach his eyes before it dropped and he sighed, looking back at the clouds.

"Not that well...we still don't know where (Y/n) is, Lord Garmadon is back, where Shifter ran off to, Harumi is the Quiet One....it's a lot to take in."
I nodded. "Yeah.....didn't you run into Shifter before you guys disrupted the ceremony?"

He nodded. "Yeah, first they looked like you and then became (Y/n), but we had managed to catch them off guard and Zane froze them to the ground....but they somehow escaped." He explained.

I bit my lip, should I tell him?

"Um, I have something important to tell you...but you're not going to like it..." I started.
"Go ahead! Everything that's been told to us has been bad news, add another one to the pile!" Jay replied with fake enthusiasm.

"It's....about (Y/n)."
"Huh?"

I took a deep breath, I'm sorry Jay.
"Harumi wasn't the only one on the bad side who was with us. (Y/n) was as well."

Jay blinked. "No, that...can't be right. The Sons of Garmadon were after her-"
"When she came onto the bounty as she was "kidnapped" by Harumi, she changed in front of my own eyes. She's Shifter, it was her job to infiltrate us, just like Harumi." I interrupted. "The (Y/n) that we know doesn't exist."

I looked at the clouds. "I wasn't sure how I was going to tell you...."
It was silent and I turned my head to the lightning master.

I couldn't tell what he was thinking, his face held no expression I could decipher.
"I'm going to my room....tell me once we're at the prison." He mumbled before walking away.

I groaned and looked back to the clouds, I had to do that, even if it hurts him.

———

(Y/n)'s P.O.V

I stood in the corner, watching as Garmadon easily defeated every single goon being thrown his way left and right. I stepped to the right as a goon was thrown into the wall next to me, blood starting to gush out of her nose.

Harumi looked pleased as she watched, her eyes flickering from the goons and back to him, though occasionally her eyes would flicker to me.

Once the last goon had been knocked out, Harumi beckoned for me to come over as she approached Garmadon.

"Good your strength has returned, but how would you fare against another Oni?" She asked.
"There's an Oni? Here?" Garmadon asked, fear quickly flashing in his eyes but it was gone as quick as it came.

"Yes." Harumi replied, gesturing to me. "I want to see both of your powers against each other."

"Woah, woah, hold up." I interrupted. "You want me to fight him?"
"Of course, it will help him realise his full potential." Harumi explained nonchalantly.
"Are you sure?" I asked.

"It wasn't a question, it was a demand as your leader."

I sighed, as much as I didn't want to do it, she was my boss and I had to do every order she asks me of. "Fine."

"You're...an Oni?" Garmadon asked, looking at me. "You don't look like one."
"Yeah because this isn't my true form." I replied before my eyes misted over.

Once I had finished transforming into my Oni state, I saw that I was a little taller than him, and he looked scared.
"It's okay." I said, my voice sounding more demonic. "I'll go easy on you."

We went to either side of the small courtyard as the goons scurried out from the area before Garmadon let out a cry and ran towards me with his hands surrounded in destructive energy.

I summoned a scythe and used it to knock him away into the wall, leaning on it as he picked himself up of the ground.

"Wow, I thought that would've been harder." I taunted, seeing him growl and run towards me again.

He threw attacks of destructive energy towards me and I avoided them a couple did hit me but they did nothing.

I glanced at Harumi, who seemed to be looking at Garmadon, before I felt my feet leave the ground.

I tried to get up off the ground but his four arms had me pinned down, I pushed my feet into his stomach and threw him to the side as I got up.

He growled as he picked himself up and ran towards me with nothing but his fists.

I grabbed two of his fists in mine and it became a standoff, seeing who would break first.

He growled again, but it was becoming louder and louder as an aura of dark purple started to grow around him.

Slowly I could felt his strength increasing, feeling my arms and myself being pushed back.

There was a burst of energy as Garmadon let out a cry, that threw me back into the wall.

I heard something crack as I fell to the ground with a groan, hearing footsteps walking over to me.

I looked up to see Garmadon standing above me, his red eyes glowing and one of his hands encased in destructive energy.

"You win." I said, not getting up off the ground. "Even though I was going easy on you, you win."

I slowly went back into my Shifter guise as Harumi went of to Garmadon and I got up off the ground.

"You know there is so much more for you to unlock." I heard Harumi say to Garmadon. "All those years your father and brother had kept the truth from you. They were afraid of what you've become. The blood of both Oni and Dragon flows through you, you have the power to create and destroy." Harumi explained.

My ears pricked up as I listened in closer to the conversation.

"Tell me, how?" Garmadon asked.
"As Wu had previously taught the ninja, you too could unlock your true potential, a dark potential. But to achieve it you must overcome the one obstacle that has always stood in your way. The one person who has always held you back." Harumi explained.

'Hmmmm, true potential......?' I thought.

"My.....son." Garmadon said.
"Yes. Lloyd."
"Then, bring him to me."
"I won't have to, he will come." Harumi said before looking over to me as I mulled my thoughts over.

'A true potential......does that only apply to people with elemental powers?' I thought before Harumi snapped her fingers in my face.

"Shifter, I want you to see where about the ninja are. Stay in the shadows and report back with how far away they are." She demanded.

I nodded. "Yes, boss."

I stepped into a shadow and found myself in the middle of a desert, making me confused.

'Where are they?' I thought before a large shadow was cast over me, making me look up to see the bounty flying over ahead. 'Perfect.'

I warped up into the bounty, staying in the shadows with my camouflage, and looked around.

It was surprisingly desolate as I realised I was in the bridge, only Nya was at a monitor tapping some buttons with a slightly confused face.

"Oh, there you are Nya, the guys want to talk downstairs." Lloyd said.
"Uh huh, give me a minute, I just have to unlock this." Nya replied, tapping buttons.
"It can wait." Lloyd said a bit too quickly for my liking. "Pixal has a plan, you're gonna want to hear this." He said.

'Hmmm....' I thought as Nya and Lloyd left the bridge, me following close behind.

As they walked downstairs Nya started talking to Lloyd.
"I know it's tough to take a back seat on this one." Nya said.
"I get it, I can't be impulsive. We don't want this to spiral into anything worse." Lloyd replied before going quiet. "How's Jay holding up?"

I raised an eyebrow as I followed, what's happened with Jay?

"He's been quiet, I know you didn't want to tell him, but you didn't have any other option." Nya replied.
"Yeah.....I knew that when he found that (Y/n) was Shifter, he would be crushed...I feel bad though."

I froze. Fuck, it was a bad choice to transform in front of Lloyd.

.....Why would've it been a bad choice? I'm not with the ninja, I'm with the S.O.G.

"Don't be, she tricked us like Harumi did, it's not your fault." Nya reassured him as they got to the room.

Nya walked in but I noticed Lloyd not following.

"Ok Nya, so what's your plan?" Cole asked.
"My plan? I thought it was Pixal's." Nya replied before gasping.

'Wait, did he trick them or-' I thought but snapped out of my thoughts as Lloyd closed and locked the door.
"Lloyd! What are you doing!?" Nya cried from inside.
"I'm sorry Nya, I have to confront him, I have to face him." Lloyd said, turning away.

"No! You can't!" Cole cried.
"Come on, Lloyd." Kai said.
"It could be a trap!" Zane put in.
"Yeah! Hey, we can talk it over, we'll figure it out!" Jay cried.

"I'm sorry guys. It's something I have to do, alone."
"Lloyd!" Everyone exclaimed.
"Stop!"
"Don't do this!"
"Lloyd!"

Lloyd ran off, everyone trying to open the door but failing.

I stared at the door for a second before following where Lloyd went to, finding him in the bridge and turning off the intercom as he put in coordinates.

I watched as he grabbed a parachute from a cupboard, ignoring the mass of weapons in it, and jumped off the side of the boat, using the parachute to get him onto the ground.

'I have to tell Harumi that he's coming.' I thought before hesitating.

Slowly I warped to the corridor where the others were and stared at the door before putting out my hand and unlocking the door.

The door flew open and the ninja seemed a little confused on how it opened but ran the other way to the bridge.

I watched as Jay ran off, my hand slowly reaching out but caught myself and warped back to the prison.

I found Harumi and told her that Lloyd was on his way, I was then told that I just had to help UV with setting up some cameras before I could sit back and watch the show.

i thought that it was a little weird but didn't question it as I went to help Killow and UV.

I helped Killow and UV with putting cameras up before moving to a small area that could connect to the cameras and broadcast it to places.

I heard Lloyd shouting from outside as Harumi joined us in the small area.
"Broadcast this to everyone, it's time to show what true power looks like." Harumi instructed as UV and Killow tapped away on some buttons.

I watched as Lloyd tried confronting Lord Garmadon. I don't know how Lloyd would defeat him, he's like 10x more powerful than he is, and forgot to bring a weapon to the fight.

Well, I am a bit stronger than Garmadon, but I don't want anyone to know that. When I gave up during my small fight against him, I did it because Harumi probably wanted me to, to make him feel like he could destroy anything.

"It's the fight that fuels him, he's finding it, his true potential." Harumi explained as we watched Lloyd fight Garmadon, Garmadon glowing purple in the process.

'He's going to kill or hurt himself.' I thought as I watched helplessly at the fight. 'It's obvious that Lloyd's loosing, Garmadon's too powerful.'

I saw as Garmadon knocked Lloyd down and then pick him up by the scruff of his collar.
"You wouldn't hurt me." Lloyd said, staring at him in the eye. "I'm your son."
"I have no son." Garmadon replied before throwing Lloyd through the walls of Kryptarium Prison.

My mouth fell open at the display of strength Garmadon showed when throwing Lloyd, straight through all of the walls.

Harumi, UV and Killow all laughed at Lloyd's defeat before walking out, me staying there and looking at the screen..

Lloyd was sprawled on the ground, barely moving.
"Shifter! You coming?" UV called.

I tore my eyes away from the screen and walked out. "Yeah!"

We walked to where Garmadon stood, panting as UV cackled to herself.
"The streets are in fear! Everyone saw Lord Garmadon defeat his son." UV chucked.

"Let him live, so he can see his father reign. Gather everyone, we ride to the city at dawn. It's time Ninjago meets their new emperor." Harumi commanded, gesturing to Garmadon. "Emperor Garmadon."

'Wait, since when were we taking over the city??' I thought as UV and Killow laughed at the triumph of the fall of the green ninja.

UV and Killow walked off to gather everybody and I pulled Harumi aside.
"Hey, since when were we going to take over the city? I thought you wanted to revive Garmadon to defeat the ninja?" I asked quietly.

"And so what if we are?" Harumi snapped. "If the ninja saved my parents from the Great Devourer, none of this would've happened!"
I tilted my head. "...but weren't your parents the empress and emperor....and you killed them-?"

"No, they took me in after the Great Devourer wreaked havoc in the city, my real parents had to perish since none of the ninja were able to stop it. But then Garmadon was the one who saved us all." She muttered, looking down with a sad expression.

I went to place a hand on her shoulder in reassurance but she shook it off roughly, her expression hardening again.
"I don't need your sympathy, go prepare with the others!" She demanded.

I was taken aback but nodded. "Yes, boss."

Word count: 2415 words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9K 82 13
When Lloyd, wanted to have a peaceful time in a tea shop, it turns into a mess of turns, that causes many problems with his oni form, but unknown to...
12.3K 224 14
Without further hesitation, she shouldered herself to the front of the group with a smirk. Her arms were neatly crossed behind her. She was wearing a...
7.7K 313 35
(Tw- Murder, death, etc.) ✿"Have you seen a girl who is named (Y/n) that has (H/c), (E/c) and has a little bit of a red stripe in her hair?" "You mea...
300K 7.4K 25
(MY FIRST WRITING PROJECT, WILL CONSIST OF CRINGY WRITING + PLOT, SOME CHAPTERS ARE EDITED TO WORK BETTER. BUT, PLEASE BARE WITH ME, AS I HAVE MANAGE...