New Rules | Choi Yeonjun TXT

By poppinstarlight

according to greek mythology, humans were originally created with four arms, four legs, and a head with two f... More

¹ Pastries & Practices
² Accidental Auditions
³ Grades & Guilt
⁴ Phone Calls
⁵ Practice & Preparations
⁶ Intimidation & Idols
⁷ Contracts
⁸ [Un]familiar Surroundings
⁹ Soul-what?
¹⁰ Not Yet
¹¹ Fainted Truths
¹² Formal Introductions
¹³ Healer
¹⁴ Baby Steps
¹⁵ Closer
¹⁶ Past & Present
¹⁷ Matching & Munching
¹⁸ No Thoughts, Only Yeonjun
¹⁹ Good Mo(u)rning
²⁰ Accidents
²¹ X's & O's
²² Remedy & Remorse
²³ Last Minute Plans
²⁴ Moving Along
²⁵ Different Dreams
²⁶ Secrets
²⁷ Catching Up
²⁸ Drifting Away
³⁰ Mending
³¹ Reminders
³² New Home
³³ Late Night Leisures
³⁴ Delayed Diagnosis
³⁵ Trauma and Training
³⁶ [Dis]Connecting
³⁷ Rookie Routine
³⁸ Under Suspicion
³⁹ Jenga Tower
⁴⁰ Moonlight & Sunrise

²⁹ Metanoia

3.7K 148 41
By poppinstarlight

μετάνοια // Greek
Metanoia noun
me-tə-ˈnȯi-ə
a transformative change of heart

+x+

Yeonjun tightly held onto his phone in hopes of hearing a quiet ping from his messages.

You'd been gone for about two hours, and he wasn't permitted to leave the room until further examination.

The boys checked up on him after hearing he woke up, but refused to tell him anything regarding you.

Yeonjun laid back on the couch he moved to, intently staring at the sketch you'd left with him.

He couldn't understand how you were now in his head.
Why didn't you mention anything?
Why was dream-you trying to hurt him?

His train of thought came to an abrupt stop when the door opened, revealing you, Dr. Hwang, and someone he didn't recognize.

"How are you feeling, Yeonjun?" Sung asked.

"Better than before.. physically at least." Yeonjun's gaze couldn't leave you as you tried to avoid eye contact.

He was trying to be more honest and admit that he needed help.
Yeonjun knew that what he said was out of pocket and has been gnawing at his mind since you left.

"That's partially good!" Sung began.

"This is Dr. Lee Jaesang; he's a professor in the psychology department at Seoul University." You both formally greet Dr. Lee before taking your seat on the couch.

"He's conducted research regarding soul bonds before, so we've been working with him. With his help, we've concluded that you two have a Metanoian soul bond."

"A what bond?"

"Metanoian.
Out of the small percentage of people who have soulmates, an even smaller percentage of them have a Metanoian bond." Dr. Lee answer.

"It mostly affects you when you're distant or out of sync for too long. Which explains why Yeonjun becomes so aggressive and physically weak when Y/N is abroad."

"The distance makes the bond and waves unstable, meaning it'll be harder to maintain."

"But how is this different from a normal bond?" You pressed.

Dr. Hwang and Dr. Lee exchanged nervous glances, almost like they were telepathic.

You sensed some uneasiness emerging within Yeonjun, so you subtly moved until your shoulders were touching, in hopes of healing him.

i'm still mad at you.
but baby steps.

"There's no easy way to say this..
but you two can unbind.
Y/N can become soulmates with someone else."

"WHAT?!" Yeonjun sat up from his slumped position, hand immediately grasping yours.

The beat of your heart began to ring through your ears.
Yeonjun's sudden outburst and the news was almost overwhelming.

inhale 4..
hold 7..
exhale 8..

"Yeonjun, listen," Sung began.

"This can only happen if you two are separated. That includes physical and emotional separation."

"How could that happen? And to whom?" You ask curiously, trying to pull back Yeonjun.

"You have very little control over your powers. This means your body can use them on anyone, soulmate or not.
If you're physically or emotionally closer to someone else for too long, they can become your soulmate."

"If we examine your tattoos, we might be able to get a hunch over who you've started to soul bond with."

"It's already happened?" Yeonjun speaks up. His voice was shaky.

"We don't know for sure, but it's possible."

"Let's just start the examinations yeah?"

Yeonjun goes first, and his tattoo was nearly unchanged.
The same numbers and letters, clear enough to read and remind that your existence was inked to his body forever.

Yeonjun was relieved.

However, Sung pointed out that the ink was a tad faded.

And up went his panic level, although it was showcased as denial and silence.

Sung had told you to pay close attention to your tattoo while you were abroad, but it honestly slipped your mind.

You couldn't remember the last time you gave it a good look rather than a quick glance.

It's eerily silent as the two doctors look at the tattoo.

Yeonjun was sitting in a way where he couldn't get a good view, and the location of the tattoo limited you from looking at it without a mirror.

"It's changing." Dr. Hwang whispers just enough for you to hear.

"What?" Yeonjun begins to sit up, but your shirt is immediately yanked down.

"I'm sure you two have many questions, and all will be answered soon. But let's run a checkup on x-waves first, okay?" Sung carefully suggested.

The doctors continue their examinations separately, with Yeonjun in his room and you in another.

Sung sat beside you, waiting for the database to update and translate the information as you tried to cope with the latest discovery.

The possible "new soulmates" ran through your head, but nothing added up.
You didn't spend much time with people in the US. At most, you'd attend dance workshops or study groups with classmates.

"What happened to my tattoo?" You broke the silence.

Sung hesitated, "The letters and numbers are overlapping with new ones.. The new ones are faded so you're not fully unbound yet."

"What happens if I bond to someone else?" You gain enough courage to finally ask Sung.

"Yeonjun can become seriously injured.. and not recover."

"What do you mean injured?"

"..You are a source of Yeonjun's being. Without it, physically and mentally, his soul might deteriorate. His body will give up on him." She says quietly.

"He can ..die?"

"Well-"

Green.
Green was growing around the frame of your vision, like vines overtaking an abandoned building.

"I can kill him?"

"Y/N no-"

A blue reaches the right side of your perception and collides with the green, somehow creating a purple that clouded your vision.

"If I'm not careful his death would be because of me?"

A bright white light cascaded your sight, but soon began to flicker.

The medical room and the white background bounced back and forth until you heard a knock on the door.
Sung hesitates to open it, but does so when you turn your head.

"Sorry to interrupt, but Y/N left her phone in the practice room.." The person at the door says quietly.

You tried to make out the figure and voice, but your sight was still trying to adjust.

Sung thanks them, closes the door and returns to her desk before you could get a clue.

The mix of colors and tension was already receding back into you.

"I promise to clear up any concerns you have after we get your results. But please, don't mention it to Yeonjun just yet."

a life or death situation and she wants me to hide it from him?

what if he can read my mind?

will it be too late?

Excusing yourself from the atmosphere and finding temporary refuge in the bathroom, you hear a muffled conversation down the hall.

"What's the point in being soul bonded if I can just lose her?" Yeonjun sobbed into a comforting Soobin's chest.

You felt the shattering of your own heart.

+x+

[A/N]
sorry that chapter was longer than usual!
i've started writing a new story about Choi Soobin, so please look forward to it :)

thanks for reading + voting!
<3 ~venus

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39K 2.5K 26
✰∿ A beautiful statue sits in the middle of a large city, legend says once it's soulmate touches the statues hand it will become human. But are soul...
409K 14K 12
Every person is born with two tattoos. One on each arm. One matches your soulmate, and one matches your worst enemy. However, most people have no cl...
121K 3.1K 28
Kim Namjoon Fanfiction Currently rewriting this! People seem to enjoy the story but I'm not happy with the quality of writing. It is completed and i...
1.8M 61.8K 63
When soulmates turn fifteen, whatever your soulmate writes on their body, will also appear on yours. They can also feel each other's pain and heart b...