Manifest // h.s.

By melodyharry

"My fingers traced over the outlines of his face, the sharp jawline, and the intricate details that made up h... More

prologue
one
two
four

three

8 1 0
By melodyharry

Leah Presley

My eyes were going back and forth between the two men, feeling my heart run relays in my chest. My body felt heavy from all the alcohol I had consumed and it felt like my mind was playing tricks on me. The coincidence was uncanny and this felt so unreal. Please pinch me if I'm dreaming right now.

I couldn't tear my eyes away from him, the glisten of his green eyes as he laughed along with Jude as they conversed. His cheeks indenting with dimples with a wide grin on his face that caused my stomach to leap at the sight. My feet were cemented to the ground, my frozen state not letting me move a single inch. I could tell both of them thought something was wrong, and surely there was something extremely wrong with the fact that my supposed "soulmate" and my boyfriend were best mates.

"Babe... why don't you get us some drinks, yeah?" Jude leaned down towards my ear in a whisper, noticing Harry's eyes trail towards me, a notice of concern on his face. I nodded my head slowly, turning away and wistfully grabbing Skylar's forearm to drag her along with me. Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion at my rush to leave the scene, walking towards the bar and quickly ordering a few drinks. I sighed heavily, leaning my body up against the bar, pinching my eyes shut and running my fingers through my blonde hair.

"Are you okay?" Skylar asked with worry, leaning towards me. I shook my head quickly, turning my body to face her. 

"No, we need to leave after we get these drinks," I spoke fast, swallowing the lump growing in my throat. Skylar looked taken aback, a small chuckle escaping her lips as she looked at me like I was insane.

"What for? We're having fun, plus we just met Jude's really hot frie-"

"No Sky, we need to leave immediately, please just order an uber for us," I pleaded with begging eyes as her face turned serious at my obvious concern. 

"Leah, what's going on? Seriously, what's wrong?" Her stern voice begging for a response. I shook my head at her, grabbing the drinks that the bartender had slid towards me. Skylar helped me carry them, as we slid through the dancing bodies to get back to the spot I most definitely didn't want to stay in any longer.

"Not here..." I trailed off in a low voice loud enough for Skylar to hear me. My breath got caught in my throat once my eyes trailed towards Jude and Harry. A petite girl with beautiful long brown hair was latched onto Harry, leaning her head on his arm. I clenched the drinks in my hand, a sudden feeling of anger rushing through me. Why was I getting so jealous for no reason? I barely even know this guy. Skylar glanced at me with wide eyes as we approached the group as I pushed Jude's drink in his hand. He looked at me with annoyance, noticing something was definitely up, but I refuse to ever tell him the real reason as to why. 

"Leah, this is Harry's girlfriend," Jude introduced, his eyes pleading for me to be at least a little interactive. I quickly brought my cup up to my lips, the liquid burning the back of my throat as I chugged it. I needed this, more than anything, especially after finding the news that Harry was also in a relationship. Wide eyes from the group watched me with concern. I brought my thumb up to swipe against my bottom lip, ridding off the extra liquid. 

"Hi, I'm Sadie!" The girl smiled all excited, bringing her hand out to shake mine. Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed Harry's arm around her, a bright smile on his lips. I shuddered with annoyance as I bit the bottom of my lip.

"Hi, Leah," I responded curtly, shaking her hand quickly, bringing it back down to my side. Jude's eyebrows were furrowed as he leaned down to my ear in a whisper.

"What's wrong?' I heard him say in a low whisper only loud enough for me to hear. I shook him off of me, bringing a fake smile to my lips to reassure him everything was fine, but it was far from the truth. This was way too weird for me and I was hoping that uber I begged Skylar to order was on its way. 

Just as if she was reading my thoughts, Skylar hit my shoulder lightly with hers, tilting her head towards her phone as I looked over, noticing the bright screen from her phone flashing that our uber was only a minute away. I sighed in satisfaction, wanting to get out of here as soon as possible. 

"Hey, I think I'm going to head home with Skylar, I'm getting pretty tired and I'm not feeling to well," I lied through my teeth as I spoke to Jude as his lips upturned into a frown.

"Okay baby, text me when you get home safe please?" Jude responded, leaning in for a kiss but I quickly turned my head, his lips attaching to my cheek instead of my own lips. I felt extremely guilty for the way I was acting, but this situation was making me so uncomfortable, and quite frankly, angry. 

"It was a pleasure meeting you guys," I spoke loudly for Harry and his girlfriend to hear as they smiled at me. I felt my stomach churn at the sight of them, feeling my body surge with nerves. 

"It was really nice meeting you, hopefully, we'll get to see each other again," Harry spoke nonchalantly as I felt butterflies flutter in the pit of my stomach. A smile crept upon my lips at his words as my cheeks flushed with pink. 

"Yeah, hopefully," I muttered in a low voice as Skylar was pulling my arm in the direction towards the exit.

"Nice meeting you Leah! We should hang sometime," Sadie smiled widely at me as I tried to hold back the eye roll. I could tell this girl was the sweetest angel but I couldn't control the jealousy rushing through me. I hated myself for it. I nodded curtly at her as I broke eye contact from them, following Skylar outside. 

The cold night air nipped at our skin as our eyes trailed over the street, Skylar walking towards a sedan parked on the side.

"Damn that's so disappointing he has a girlfriend, he was so attractive," Skylar gushed as I felt my heart sink at her words. I felt nauseous immediately, knowing the second I get home, I'm immediately searching for the one thing that was going to make this so much more real. 

After what felt like the longest car ride of my life, we approached our apartment as I swiftly got out of the car, speed walking towards our apartment as Skylar trailed behind me.

"Dude, what is up with you? Why are you in such a rush?" Skylar called out after me as I fumbled with the keys, cursing to myself while trying to open up the door. I ignored her nagging questions and rushed inside, running towards my room. I could hear Skylar's footsteps after me as I immediately went to my bed, getting down on my knees, my hands reaching under in hopes to find it.

"You're scaring me, Leah..." Skylar said with worry, watching me as I was throwing things out from under my bed.

"Fuck where is it!" I yelled with annoyance, throwing shoes and papers out of the way. The amount of shit I kept under here was ridiculous and I made a mental note to clean it out once I find what I'm looking for. I kept cursing under my breath, not succeeding as I kept throwing things behind me.

"Can you tell me what's going on?!" Skylar yelled as I continued ignoring her. I reached my arm further under my bed, finally feeling the cardstock paper I remember so clearly. I pulled it out, my eyes widening at the drawing the psychic had gifted me with. I sighed heavily, my fingers tracing over the art, trying to fight off the smile that was breaking out on my lips.

"Holy shit," Skylar gasped, leaning over my shoulder, her eyes staring at the drawing gripped in my hands.

"Yeah," I breathed out, my eyes staring into the sea-green eyes the psychic had drawn almost perfectly. The only difference is that they were more breathtaking in person. Skylar sat down next to me, taking the drawing from my hands, her eyes widening at the sight in front of her.

"Is this the soulmate drawing the psychic gave you when we went awhile back?" Skylar turned her head towards me, her eyes in panic as I nodded my head, my teeth tugging on my bottom lip in nervousness.

"This looks exactly like Jude's friend Harry, like perfectly..." Skylar spoke in a whisper, her fingers also tracing the paper as I almost winced that she had realized it as well. My heart was beginning to race at how real this had actually become and I felt nauseous just at the thought of it.

"What do I do?" I asked with a pleading tone in hopes of getting good advice. Surely, I couldn't just ignore this. This would never leave my mind and it would haunt me forever if I didn't do anything about it.

"I don't know Leah... I mean this has to be a coincidence that he's the guy in the drawing. Do you actually believe the psychic that gave this to you, claiming this guy is your soulmate?" Skylar looked at me with concern in her eyes and I felt my stomach churn at her words. This couldn't actually be a coincidence, could it?

"There are 7 billion people in the world, Skylar, why did I meet the guy in the drawing at a bar in a small college town and he so happens to be my boyfriend's best friend?" I responded with a heavy sigh, as I leaned my back up against the wall in defeat, closing my eyes in worry.  Skylar pursed her lips, leaning up next to me, her head nuzzling onto my shoulder in comfort.

"Do you think this was maybe, fate?" Skylar asked me, peering her eyes up at me. I furrowed my eyebrows in curiosity, wondering if maybe the universe was giving me a sign of fate at finally meeting my soulmate. I felt so ridiculous for even considering the fact that the psychic was right about this. 

"I don't know... but this can't be a coincidence. It just can't." I muttered under my breath, my chest heaving up and down. Skylar pulled me into a hug as my head fell onto her chest. Her hand was rubbing my arm in comfort to calm down the nerves surging through my body. 

"You love Jude, don't you?" Skylar asked me as a deep sigh escaped my lips.

"I mean, yeah, of course, we've been together for a year, what do I do just break up with him?" I angrily said with a low chuckle. I was angry at the universe for even putting me in this predicament. Why couldn't I have just met him naturally where we're both single and we fall in love at first sight and everything ends up falling into place. 

"Well maybe this was meant to be a challenge, ya know? Why don't you stay with Jude, since you're obviously still in love with him, and let the universe handle the rest," Skylar gave me a small smile, rubbing my arm with comfort. I returned a small smile back to her, sitting up in my place, my eyes wandering back to the drawing that sat on the floor. I felt the butterflies begin to rise in the pit of my stomach, and I couldn't help the smile that was beginning to grow onto my lips. Let the universe handle the rest, right?

"Yeah, we barely know him, who knows he might be the biggest jerk ever," I laughed loudly as Skylar giggled along. 

"Sorry for calling your soulmate hot by the way, "Skyler said as I hit her arm playfully as we chuckled loud, holding our stomachs in fits of laughter. 

////

sorry it took so long to update, I just got surgery recently so I've been recovering! I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! pls pls pls vote and comment, I love feedback :))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

233K 22.3K 56
Third book of idol love series... Devotion- "Strongest form of love" All the characters are fictional. There is no connection with the real place or...
629K 30K 54
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
213K 9.1K 60
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐢'𝐝 𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐮𝐥𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞-𝐛...
950K 16.3K 41
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...