Oh,Brother! (Complete)

By TheLittleBookMonster

Falling for your best friends brother is never a good idea...right? *********** Rosie & Liz have been best fr... More

1: Oreos
2: Lets Go to the Beach
3: The Click
4: Sweet Dreams
5: About Last Night
6: My Future Awaits
7: Strong Independent Woman
8: Awkward
9: Beginning of the Future
10: Secrets and Lies
11: Inflatable Snowman
13: Just Friends
14: Guilty Pleasures
15: A Braw Time
16: Don't Break Twice
17: Bonnie Scotland
18: Unicorns
19: Polka Dots
20: Fairy Tale
21: Ninety Five Percent
22: The Picture
23: Silence is Deadly
24: Just Plain Old Friendship
25: Sugar Rush
26: Secrets and Regrets
27: Fight for this Love
28: Cinderella
29: Beautiful Nightmare
30: A Step in the Right Direction
31: All is Merry and Bright
Epilogue
Fun Facts
Bonus Chapter: Jason POV - Edinburgh

12: The Kiss Cam

805 16 5
By TheLittleBookMonster

I had been a fully working adult for over a month now and it was great. I was getting used to the early mornings and the commute. Sometimes I would even carpool with Jason.

Speaking of Jason, everything seemed to be great between us. Well, at work anyway. We would have lunch together, sometimes with other colleagues and sometimes at the cafe down the road. It was great spending this time with Jason, getting to know him more.

Even though I'd known him for years, I was still learning a lot about him. Like, how he had once considered opening his own business, but figured it was too much work, so decided against it pretty quickly. Or the fact that he was a secret chocoholic. He had a stash of chocolate hidden in his room to keep away from Liz. The temptation to tell Liz this was strong, but Jason promised me he wouldn't share any of it with me if I blabbed. Being the chocoholic I was, I obliged.

Work life was great, but it was a completely different matter at home. Whenever I would go to Liz's house, which was often, Jason would, for some reason, ignore us or rather me. It was ever since I had started hanging around Max that Jason never really spoke to me as much as he normally would. Maybe he didn't want to hear all our girl talk.

Things with Max and I were going well. We hadn't put a label on our relationship status yet, so I think we were just friends for now. And to be honest, I was glad for that. I still needed time to think about what I wanted to do; relationship wise. I still wasn't sure what direction I wanted to go in with Max. He was a great guy but a voice in my head kept telling me there was a reason it didn't work out the first time around.

Liz and Ian were still going strong. Their excuses were improving, and they were getting better at the sneaking around thing. Liz still felt guilty but really wanted to see how far their relationship would go before telling Jason.

It was lunchtime at work, which was slowly becoming my favourite part of the day, not just because of the eating part but also because I got to hang out with Jason. Today we decided to go to the cafe for our lunch.

"I'm just about to take my lunch" I said to Daniel beside me. "Is there anything that needs to be done before then?"

Daniel was too engrossed on his computer to hear me. "This sucks" he sighed.

"What does?"

"Oh, sorry Rosie. Did you see who won the raffle?"

I shook my head "No, I didn't"

"We just got the email through announcing the winner 'we are delighted to announce the winner of the raffle to win front row seats at a basketball game of their choosing" he read off. 'Jason Agreste"

"That's great" I smiled "I didn't enter the raffle; I never win anything"

"It's not great. I really wanted to win those tickets" Daniel groaned. "I was going to take my girlfriend to her first game"

"Aww, that's sweet" I cooed "Now you're just going to have to actually pay for them like a good boyfriend should do" I laughed.

Daniel just glared at me "Aren't you supposed to be going for lunch now?"

I laughed, raising my hands in defence "I'm going I'm going" and made my way outside to meet Jason.

I smiled as I saw Jason already standing outside waiting for me. "Hey you" he smiled.

"Hey Mr winner" I grinned back.

"Ah, I guess you heard about that" he chuckled, running a hand through his hair.

I laughed as we started to make our way to the cafe down the road. "Yeah, the email just got sent before lunch"

"Well right now, I'm hungry. We can discuss more about it once I've had some food in my stomach"

"Agreed" I said as my tummy rumbled at that exact moment, laughing all the way to the café.

My stomach delighted at the sight of my tuna salad bagel and I devoured it as soon as it was placed in front of me.

The cafe was bustling as per usual, the smell of coffee wafting around the place. Jason smiled as he took a bite of his sandwich, both of us silently relishing our food.

"This is starting to become my favourite place to visit" I smiled "Even the owners know our names by now "

Jason chuckled "It's a great little café. I've only started coming here more often because of you"

"Are you blaming me for taking you to this amazing place?"

"All I'm saying is I've had to stay a few extra hours at the gym"

I raised an eyebrow as I looked him up and down. I highly doubted that. I shook my head and focused on my food, my stomach feeling satisfied with each bite.

"I actually have something I wanted to ask you" Jason started. I nodded my head for him to continue. "So, you know that I won those tickets to the basketball game" I nodded once again, too engrossed with my lunch to form words "I was wondering if you wanted to go with me?" he asked running a hand through his hair.

I paused mid chew, not expecting him to ask me that. "Me?" I mumbled with a mouthful of food.

Jason chuckled "No, the lady sitting behind you. Yeah, you"

"But what about your other friends? Ethan or Ian? Wouldn't they like to go instead?"

"They're busy" he shrugged.

"Did you even ask them? I know they would much prefer to go to the basketball game"

"It doesn't matter. I want to take you" he smiled. "Besides, didn't you once say that you wanted to go to an actual basketball game? I really want to take you to your first game"

I smiled, loving how he remembered that little fact. As much as I loved sport, I had never been to an actual game. All my sports viewing had been through the television. "Are you sure you want to take me and not any of your other friends?"

"Positive. It would be my honour to take you to your first basketball game"

"Thanks Jason" I grinned "I appreciate it"

He smiled back, taking a sip of his coffee. I bit my lips in anticipation, my heartbeat picking up at the thought of going to my first basketball game. There were no words to describe how excited I was.

I couldn't stop the grin that overtook my face as I sat in the front row of my first ever basketball game. I was all decked out in my basketball gear with a cute cap to compliment . The arena was full, mindless chatter filled the air as the spectators prepared for an evening of fun, buzzing with excitement.

Jason grinned beside me "Your smile is infectious you know"

If possible, my grin grew wider "I can't help it, I'm so excited"

"I knew you were the right person to take with me"

"We should commemorate this moment with a selfie" I said taking out my phone. We took several pictures, some with ridiculous poses and some with wide grins showing. These were the kind of memories I wanted to treasure forever.

"Thanks again for bringing me along" I smiled.

Jason chuckled "The game hasn't even started yet"

"I know. I just want you to know how much I appreciate this. Thanks Jason "

"You don't need to thank me. There is no one else I would rather be here with" He smiled looking right at me. His bright green eyes bore right into mine, as if looking right into my soul. My heartbeat picked up as I stared back, transfixed.

Over the past few weeks, we had grown a little closer to each other. I have gotten to know Jason a lot more. As much as I hated to admit it, but that night at the club changed our friendship. It was a night I would think of often.

Before I could think of anything to say, the crowd broke out into an applause as the players all came out, ready to play. The fog cleared from my brain, the moment, or whatever it was, now long forgotten.

We watched on, laughing smiling and cheering as the players flew about the court, the ball dribbling one moment and flying through the air the next. Before I knew it was half time, my heart buzzing from all the excitement. My cheeks ached from all the grinning I had been doing.

"I don't think you've stopped smiling since we've got here" Jason commented.

"I can't help it; I've loved every moment of it"

"In fact, I don't think you've stopped smiling since I first met you"

My face flushed at the compliment "You remember that first moment we met when we were babies?" I laughed "but I suppose that's because I've always had amazing people in my life to make me smile"

A cheer rippled from the crowd, interrupting what Jason was about to say next. We turned around to the big screen, a couple highlighted in the middle of a big love heart.

"Awwwww, the kiss cam" I cheered, as the couple on screen shared a lovely kiss. As cheesy as this was, I did love this part.

Jason rolled his eyes as the camera moved to another couple. This time, the camera landed on a couple who looked at the screen wide eyed, shaking their heads furiously. The crowd all cheered "kiss, kiss" egging on the unrelenting couple. "That poor couple. it's obvious they don't even know each other"

"It's just a little fun" I laughed, watching as the couple gave in and gave each other a quick peck on the lips. "Besides, who knows what could happen after. Maybe that one little kiss could turn into their happily ever after"

Jason just shook his head "You just keep filling your heads with little fantasies. It's so embarrassing for the couple. Just imagine the horror if the camera was to come right at you and ..." he paused, as he glanced wide eyed at the screen.

"Jason, what is-" I also paused, noticing what had diverted his attention.

Right there on the screen, were the faces of two gawping people, their eyes wide in shock. The people staring back at the screen were the exact replica of Jason and me.

Chanting of 'kiss, kiss' brought me out of my shock, my heart beating wildly in my chest. I turned to Jason, my cheeks heating up and gave a light chuckle. Jason rubbed his neck, his ears turning a shade of red. I couldn't think rationally, the chanting the only thing I could hear.

"You know, they're not going to stop until we kiss, right?" Jason blushed.

"I suppose we had better give them what they want"

"It's not like it's our first time, right?" Jason chuckled. Clearly, he also never forgot about that night.

Before I even had time to think, Jason was leaning in, or maybe it was me, I wasn't sure. I didn't care, as the sensation of Jason's warm lips against mine made me forget about everything else. I closed my eyes and revelled in the familiar feeling of his lips on mine.

Even though we had kissed before, in our drunk stupor, this was something new. Now sober, everything hit me full force as our lips moulded as one. The crowd chanting and cheering disappeared from the background, making it feel like we were the only two people in the arena. I placed my hand on his chest feeling his heartbeat fast, no doubt mine was doing the exact same.

All too soon, the kiss ended, and we broke apart, breathing hard as Jason placed his forehead on mine. My eyes were still closed breathing hard as I tried to regain my senses. The crowd's cheers came back into focus, filling up my ears, probably cheering on the next poor victims of the kiss cam. I slowed my breathing and opened my eyes, being greeted by Jason's shining emerald eyes. Jason didn't let go of me and I didn't let go of him. His stare was intense, and I didn't want to look away.

He brushed a stray piece away from my face and his touch left a trail of fire. My heart flipped at his touch, my stomach still erupting in butterflies' moments after our kiss.

My mind couldn't comprehend what this meant, or rather it didn't want to know, as his hot breath fanned my face. All I did know was that I didn't want this moment to end.

-----------------------------

I'm not much into sport (is it obvious? Can you tell? Or have a done a good job of hiding that fact? Lol). Does the kiss cam thing still happen? Haha. I love using the kiss cam to move the plot forward.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.3K 1.1K 35
Amber is a completely normal girl. She sings at parties, goes out with her best friend Stacy and is one of the most popular people in school, but sen...
1.4K 53 20
Bailey is secretly in love with her best friends older brother Dylan. She has been best friends with Henry (the younger brother) since forever, but s...
3.9M 104K 58
Amanda Jones and Christian Matthews, the two best friends that everyone thought was a couple. The were the closest pair of friends you would ever mee...
475K 11.8K 50
COMPLETED • • • "We can't keep doing this... Wayne's gonna kill you if he finds out." "Baby, y'know I'm not afraid of him. I'm willing to take his pu...