Strength

By Eternal_18

Sophia is a shy 15 year old girl. The Wilsons adopted her after foster parents were arrested due to several r... More

Introduction
Chapter 1 - A New Start
Chapter 2 - Not Our Sister
Chapter 3 - New Chapter
Chapter 4 - Stay Away From Her
Chapter 5 - Seriously?
Chapter 6 - Devil Duo
Chapter 7 - Riverwood High
Chapter 8 - First Day
Chapter 9 - Fainted
Chapter 10 - All Grounded
Chapter 11 - Friends
Chapter 12 - Wilson Brothers' Sister
Chapter 14 - Out To A Dinner
Chapter 15 - Enter : Crystal Hansen
Chapter 16 - Let's Par-Tay
Chapter 17 - Turmoil Of Confusion
Chapter 18 - The Prism
Chapter 19 - Damon's Deed
Chapter 20 - A Reunion of Agents
Chapter 21 - Three Times And The One Time
Chapter 22 - Hop On
Chapter 23 - Game Night

Chapter 13 - Thank you Cake

6.4K 230 96
By Eternal_18

"Who is hosting the party?" 

"A kid in my grade, Aiden."

Jake and Violet had called me. They have shown more care towards me in the past week than I've had felt in my entire life. These two are exactly how I imagined ideal parents to be like. Caring, protective, overbearing, a little nagging too, who loves their children more than themselves.

"Aiden Brown?" Violet asked and I nodded in reply. Violet and Jake shared a knowing look, the look which I had also seen on Stephen's face this afternoon when I mentioned Aiden's name.

"Okay, well you enjoy your party tomorrow," Jake said with a smile. I tried to suppress the frown that formed on my face upon listening his remark. He didn't fuss over me going to a boy's house, moreover for a party. Stephen too, agreed to let me go even after denying at first. I couldn't understand if this is just me overthinking again or is there really something up with Aiden. 

"You know him?" I questioned. 

"Uh, yeah. Him and Max were partners for some project last year," Violet replied after a moment of silence. I nodded and bit my lip, it was possible that Jake deemed Aiden as a decent boy therefore he didn't grouch about the party but something was not adding up. "Okay then, bye for now."

The call ended but not my giving my thoughts a green signal to run wild. Ryan and I had bumped into Aiden at the mall but Ryan didn't seem to recognize him, in fact he snapped at him. Even, if we say that they didn't know each other or didn't get along well still, today at the cafeteria Max saw me sitting with Aiden and they didn't looked like friends to me, to say the least. 

I cringed, when I realized how suspicious I was sounding. I think, I have to stop reading Nancy Drew. Yeah, not happening.

"Hey Sophia," Max entered my room with a grin. "Wanna play a prank?"

I raised my brow at him, "Are you kidding me right now? I'm not interested in signing my own death warrant." I shook my head.

"Please," he pouted.

"Nope, that's not gonna work this time bro," I stated firmly.

He rolled his eyes and plopped himself down beside me on my bed and huffed, "Fine, so what do you wanna do?"

"Well, I plan on sitting right here and relax."

"Oh, come on you are always in your room. Let's do something fun," he stood up and ran out of the room all the way pulling me along with himself.

I screeched, "Max! What in the world are you doi-" before I could complete my statement we crashed into twins.

"Watch where you're going," Tony growled.

"First tell me where are we going!" I exclaimed looking at Max.

"We are going to make a 'thank you' cake for Stephen, to show him how grateful we are," Max said.

"We're coming too," Tyler announced motioning to Tony and himself.

"What? No! He's only doing it so Stephen will let him go to that Sophomore party even though he is grounded," Tony hissed in disagreement. I squinted my eyes at Max upon hearing Tony's reasoning. He gave me a sheepish grin in return letting me know that Tony was right indeed.

"Well, we've got a party to attend too," Tyler shrugged.

The four of us went downstairs to the kitchen. "Who knows the recipe?" Tyler asked. When none of us replied in positive he groaned, "So, how are we supposed to make the cake?"

"We can search it online," I suggested. Making a cake for Stephen was not a bad idea. It was really nice of him to take care of all of us. He deserved some appreciation.

"Search what online?"  

We all turned towards Parker and Ryan who had just came back after grocery shopping. Max filled them in about his idea and they decided to tag along with good will and no selfish reasons.

We found an easy recipe and Ryan took up the role of the leader and started directing us. It would have really helped if Cole was here but Stephen had called him to his office for some work.

"Okay, we need flour, eggs, butter, powdered sugar, baking soda and baking powder. Gather all the ingredients on the counter," Ryan instructed.

"Where the heck is flour!?"

"Has anyone seen butter?"

"Do we even have this baking soda, powder whatever!?"

After much hustle we got everything we needed at one place. Ryan read the next step, "Mix the flour with one teaspoon baking powder and a pinch of baking soda. Tyler, do it."

"Tyler wait!" I shrieked but it was too late he had already poured the ingredients in the flour.

"What?" He asked.

"You put a teaspoon of soda and a pinch of baking powder, Ryan had said the opposite."

"Eh, both of them are the same, it's okay," he shrugged nonchalantly.

"Sophia, whisk the butter, after two minutes add powdered sugar and whisk again. Got it?" Ryan asked me as he was distributing work to everyone. 

"Yeah." 

I got the butter and a bowl and whisked it. "Can someone pass the sugar, please?" 

"Yeah, just a sec," Parker brought the sugar and put it in the bowl. I thanked him with a smile before he went to his designated task.

"Max put that egg in the mixture Sophia is making and take over the whisking," I heard Ryan in the background.

"Max! It has shells!" I told him as he started mixing the egg with the butter and sugar.

"Oh, um, don't worry it will give the cake crunchiness," he explained me as if he was the champion of Master Chef. 

 After about an hour we had the cake batter and a battered kitchen. Flour was thrown everywhere around the kitchen, egg shells and egg yolks were also helping the the flour in the decoration. Our clothes were in no different condition than kitchen. Anyone would think that we had a food fight. We did.

Today I learned that we get sidetracked easily.

We poured the batter in the cake pan and put it in the microwave for twenty minutes. "Everyone listen, Max, Tyler and Parker make the frosting. Tony and Sophia cut the strawberries for decoration. I will clean the rest things up." Ryan ordered. "And Tyler and Parker you started the food fight, I'm cleaning up for you now but you'll pay later," he glared at the mentioned two boys. 

I went with Tony and started cutting the strawberries after washing them. "Just go away you don't know how to cut it," Tony said to me after I had just cut one of them. I frowned at him, did he really had a problem with me standing beside me? Because I know I can cut fruits just well.

"Leave him Sophia, come help me clean," Ryan called out from behind me. When I was near him he whispered, "He just doesn't want you anywhere near knives."

I smiled at him and started cleaning. We started with putting away the items we didn't need anymore.

"Sophia, what is this doing here?" Ryan asked holding a box.

"It's the powdered sugar, I used it in the cake."

"It's not sugar! It's salt you idiot!" Ryan shouted making everyone look at us.

"What?" I asked shocked, our whole hard work had gone waste. "Parker gave it to me."

"PARKER!" 

Everyone started screaming at Parker when Max's even louder voice shut everyone up, "Guys! What's this smell?"

I also got the smell, burning smell. All of us looked over at the microwave to see smoke coming out of it.

At that time a voice boomed around the house, "Guys, I'm home!" Stephen's voice.

-STRENGTH-

Hey Guys,

So here's the update, after about a month, Sorry.

I hope this was a fun chapter for everyone and you at least smiled twice while reading it. ^_^

And thank you because of your comments my sister followed me hehehe.

Okay so if I ask you to rank Max, Parker and Tyler for their stupidity based on this chapter what would it be?

Random Question: How old are all you guys?

Love, Eternal_18

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2M 79.3K 44
"𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝'𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐚 𝐛𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐬 𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐮𝐧." ▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪...
Forever family By Candyfloss

Mystery / Thriller

653K 16.3K 22
Emmalin Folliero is a 14-year-old who has been though more than most girls her age. Her mother is a drug addict and her step-father is extremely abus...
Ophiuchus By rainshine03

General Fiction

6.1K 370 19
Matthew and Camille, Camille and Matthew. That's how things have always been. Despite living with an abusive father and an emotionally unstable and a...
546 5 28
What secrets are they hiding? Will the truth be uncovered? As this family is reunited after a decade of being apart, secrets are slowly dug up and th...