Lover | S.R.

By lastoftherealones

When Spencer Reid opens his home to Ophelia, his best friend who is down on her luck, their feelings for each... More

Spencer
Ophelia
Spencer
Ophelia
Spencer
Ophelia
Spencer
Ophelia
Spencer
Ophelia
Spencer
Ophelia
Ophelia
Spencer
Ophelia
Spencer
Ophelia
Spencer
Ophelia
Spencer
Ophelia
Spencer

Spencer

3K 90 146
By lastoftherealones

Things have been going so well with Ophelia and I over the last two weeks. Every day we've been happy and playful.

On top of our day-to-day being excellent, so has our sex life. It's been a few days since we last had sex. Ophelia hasn't been feeling well. At least I know now that she's comfortable with me, but that part... it is like she said— random. It doesn't happen every time.

I'm trying to be more adventurous. We've been practicing with the 'smacking' that Lia confessed she liked. It's more along the lines of spanking right now. We haven't moved onto her face yet. I'm a little bit afraid to. I don't want to hurt her...

It's almost one-thirty and I'm working on a stack of paperwork that's about a foot thick. I'm nearly halfway through, thankfully. I'm starting to space out every now and then.

Just as I'm spacing out again, I feel fingers comb through my hair. I swat at the hands and turn around to see Ophelia standing there. She's grinning and trying to hold back laughter. The girl is dressed in ripped light blue jeans and a maroon t-shirt. She's also got a large tote bag hanging on her shoulder.

Her hair falls around her face, straightened for a change, and she's got on makeup that's typical 'everyday' Ophelia.

I've only ever seen her hair straight a few times. It looks lovely. She looks lovely.

"I'm sorry," She apologizes. "I didn't mean to spook you."

I shake my head and smile at her. "What are you doing out here?"

"I just wanted to bring my boyfriend lunch," She points behind her to a brown paper bag she set on the empty desk behind mine. "Can you take a break?"

"Yeah," I nod and get up from my chair. "Do you want to go sit in the break area?"

"Actually," She starts and pats the tote bag she's carrying. "I brought a blanket and stuff to have a picnic. It's so nice outside and that field beside the parking lot would be perfect." Uncertainty flashes on her face, the enthusiasm draining slowly. "Um, but that's just if you want to. I don't mind sitting inside."

I shake my head at her. "A picnic sounds great, Lia. I could use the fresh air."

She smiles and nods quickly. "Okay! Well, let's go!"

I grab the bag from the other desk, wondering what's inside it.

As we pass Derek, he turns in his chair and smiles at us. "Heading out to the car, pretty boy?"

"We're having a picnic, actually!" Lia responds so that I don't have to.

Once we're outside and in the small field of grass, I help Lia set up the blanket and we sit down together.

She pulls two bottles of water from her tote and I open up the brown paper bag, pulling out takeout containers that are printed with a logo I recognize from prior lunch dates with Lia. Chinese food!

"I have a plate and a bowl, which do you want?" She pulls them from the tote and holds them out
to me.

I take the plate from her. "Thank you. How are you feeling today?"

Lia pulls out serving spoons and silverware next, setting them down on the blanket.

"Better. A lot better," She chuckles.

"That's great. I'm so glad," I smile to myself, opening up the container of rice and fetching a serving spoon. "Did you take the day off?"

Ophelia nods, holding out her bowl. "Yeah, I just needed a day to pack before I leave."

"Leave?" I ask her as I put a scoop of rice into her bowl. "For where?"

"My family reunion," She responds simply. "I thought I told you about it?"

She did tell me about it, she knows she did, too. I made the "husband territory" joke, which I'm thinking she took seriously.

She never brought it up again.

And I completely forgot about it.

"You did. You asked if I wanted to come with. You never told me that you were buying your ticket, I would have bought mine at the same time."

Ophelia shakes her head. "No, I thought about what you said. How it was 'husband territory'—"

"I was joking, Li—" I cut her off.

She does the same to me. "I know you were, I just... I think you were right in the sense that it's a little too early. My whole family will be there, Spence. It's a lot to put on a new boyfriend."

"So, the year of being best friends prior to dating meant nothing, then?" I respond coldly.

"Spencer," Lia sighs and sets her bowl down in front of her. "I didn't say that."

"Don't best friends meet family members?"

"Yes, I just... I really thought you were uncomfortable going, so I didn't bring it up again!" She looks right at me, her cheeks a bit red. "And... I didn't know you were joking. We were on the phone, I guess I just... didn't pick up on your sarcasm."

I sigh and reach over to gently shove her knee. "It's not your fault. I'm not the best at sarcasm in-person. I can see how it would be hard to judge on a phone call. I'm sorry."

"I really wanted you to come with. Maybe next year we can go together?"

I nod in agreement. "Definitely, we will."

-

After we finish eating, I hug and kiss her goodbye before going inside and getting back to work. Well, not right away...

I spent an additional thirty minutes searching on the computer to find a reasonably-priced flight. Surprisingly, I came across one for tomorrow, only a few hours after Lia's, and booked it right away before running to tell Hotch that I want to take a week off.

The day drags by as I make my way through a seemingly endless stack of paperwork and ensure plenty of snide remarks from Derek until I finally get to go home.

I turn the door knob and push open the door, letting my bag fall off of my shoulder and down my arm.

Today was just draining. I can't wait to spend time with Ophelia this week and get away from the endless spiral of murder that my job consists of.

"Lia?" I call for her, closing the door and dropping my bag on the couch.

I peek into the kitchen, but she's not there. Nor the bathroom.

Her door is wide open and mine is closed all but a very small crack.

I press my fingers against the wood and gently push the door open. My entire body tingles when I see her on my bed, clad in black lace lingerie and black high heels. She's propped up on one arm, laying on her side and facing the door. Her other arm is bent to allow her hand to rest on her waist.

God, she looks amazing.

Ophelia grins when she sees me. "Hi, Dr. Reid."

"He— hello— hi," I stumble over my words. I can feel cheeks heat up as she laughs lightly. "You look... wow. Just... gorgeous."

Her cheeks are dusted in pink now. She takes a second, breaking eye contact with me to look down at my blanket before returning her gaze to mine. "Thanks." The girl's eyes are sparkling— she looks a bit flustered. "There's something for you on the dresser," Lia says as the points to my right at a paper bag that sits on my dresser.

It's purple with baby blue tissue paper sticking up out of it.

"What is it?" I ask her as I head toward the bag, grabbing it and bringing it over to the bed.

I sit down beside her and take the tissue paper out, finding a variety of sex-related things underneath.

"It's a starter kit," She says. "Stuff we can experiment with if you're comfortable."

Rope, a vibrator, lube, and other things that are equally as intimidating sit at the bottom of the bag right beside something made of black lace. I pull it out to look at it.

Lace boxer briefs?

"Oh, I thought those would look so nice on you!" She says enthusiastically. I feel the bed shift and she disappears from my peripheral vision. Seconds later I feel her hands rest on my sides before sliding up my chest and she brings her lips to my neck. "How was work?" She asks in between kisses.

"Draining," I tell her, tilting my head and closing my eyes. "And I got so many stupid comments from Morgan."

"I'm sorry," Lia sighs, resting her head on my shoulder.

Shaking my head, I rest my hands on her arms and lean my head against hers. "On the bright side, I think that we put an end to the virgin jokes."

"You never talked to them about Lila?"

"No, it's just that... Lila and I weren't..." I lose my words, trying to figure out how to put what I want to say next.

My relationship with Lila was nothing like my relationship with Ophelia.

I couldn't hold her hand in public, it was rare that we ever went out together...

"Lila and I... we weren't like you and me. Our relationship was very much... behind closed doors."

Ophelia lets go of me and lays down next to me instead, laying her head down right beside my thigh and looking up at me. "You had to hide with Lila..."

"On the off-chance that we did go out together, she would wear sunglasses and a hoodie to avoid being recognized. I wasn't allowed to hold her hand or kiss her in public, and she wasn't even the fondest of that stuff at home," I recall, feeling my stomach twist and turn as I think back to that relationship. "She'd get upset if I laid my head on her shoulder or in her lap, she'd tell me I was suffocating her."

"Spencer, I'm so sorry..." Lia's face contorts with sadness. She reaches her hand up by her head and takes mine, lacing our fingers together and planting kisses on my knuckles. "You can hold my hand or hug me or kiss me anytime that you want, okay? No matter where we are."

I nod slightly and give her hand a squeeze. "How about right now?"

The girl smiles and sits up, turning herself around so that she's sitting right beside me. I turn slightly and bring my hands to her face, wasting no time before I lean in and kiss her.

It's by far the most desperate kiss we've shared. I think she's a bit taken aback by it because it takes her a second to kiss me back. When she does, her hands move to my tie and she undoes it before starting on the buttons of my shirt. She only gets three done before I break the kiss. It just hit me that I have a lot to do before tomorrow.

"You okay?" She asks softly.

I nod. "I'm sorry, I just have a lot on my mind."

Ophelia nods and presses a kiss to my cheek. "Don't say you're sorry, Spence. How about instead of fooling around, I start us something for dinner? Are you hungry?" She stands up and turns to face me.

I shrug. "A little bit... but I also want to fool around."

The girl giggles and leans over to kiss my forehead before tilting my face up and planting a kiss on my lips. She rests her forehead on mine. "After dinner we can take a shower together and then we can fool around, okay?"

"Okay," I agree.

-

"Your hair is getting so long," Ophelia comments as she rinses the conditioner from my hair.

"I know, I have to make an appointment to get it cut."

She stills for a second. "You're gonna cut it?" Lia asks, sounding extremely disappointed.

"What? You don't want me to?"

"I'll like any hairstyle you have, but... I've got to admit that I really love it long like this. Even longer would look amazing."

I'll take her advice on it. I guess I'm growing my hair out a little bit more.

"Hmm," Is all I have to say in regards to the hair banter. "So, what time are we leaving tomorrow morning?"

"We?" She asks, reaching around me to hang the shower head back up.

I turn around to face her, running my hands through my wet hair. "I'm driving you to the airport, aren't I?"

She chuckles and shakes her head. "I was actually gonna get a cab, but... I'd love for you to drive me so that we can spend some more time together before I leave. If you want to, that is."

"I do," I nod, giving her a small smile.

"Well, okay!" She shrugs, grinning wide.

We finish up in the shower and head to our rooms. As I dry off, I eye the lace boxer briefs that are still laying on my bed and decide to put them on.

Wow.

I actually feel really sexy in these.

I make my way to Ophelia's room and stand in the door way for a few seconds until she notices me, watching as she pulls a big t-shirt on over only her underwear. When she turns and her eyes land on me, she jumps and claps her hands.

"Yes! Look at you!" She cheers. "Babe, you look amazing in those!"

"Can I look in your mirror?" I ask, gesturing toward the mirror in the corner.

She nods happily and I step over to the mirror, taking a look at myself while she steps behind me to look as well.

"Your butt even looks nice," Ophelia grins and looks down. I feel rhythmic tapping on each side of my ass and can't help but to laugh at it, turning slightly to look at myself from the side.

I do look really good in these.

"So..." Lia purrs, pressing a kiss to my shoulder. "Do you still want to fool around?" She asks me with a slight giggle.

I lock eyes with her in the mirror and smile before turning and quickly scooping her up bridal style.

"No! Stop, put me down!" She squeaks, wrapping her arms around my neck for support.

"Nope," I shake my head, starting on my way to my bedroom.

"If you don't put me down—"

"What?" I ask her with a smirk.

She's getting a little bit red in the face, but seems to collect herself before smirking and telling me, "Then you can wait until I get back to do your fooling around."

I shake my head and laugh. "I guess I'll be waiting because I'm not putting you down until we're at my bed."

She rolls her eyes and smiles the tiniest bit. "You're unbelievably stubborn."

"Yes, but so are you," I tell her as I step up to my bed.

I carefully lay her down and then lay beside her. "So, we should go to sleep."

Lia turns on her side and runs her hand down my torso before she sits up and gently pulls the waistband of my underwear down.

I guess I'm not waiting after all.

-

I put the car in park right in front of the vestibule that Ophelia needs to go into and step out of the car to get her suitcase out for her.

"Thanks," She says softly as she steps in front of me. "And thanks for driving me."

I nod in response. "Just, um, let me know when you board and when you land, okay?"

"Yeah, I will," She nods and takes a deep breath before continuing. "I kind of already miss you."

"I miss you already, too."

Ophelia wraps her arms around my neck and I return the embrace, wrapping my arms around her and giving her a tight squeeze.

She pulls away and smiles at me. "Don't miss me too much, okay?"

I grin back at her, gently rubbing her arms. "I'll try."

Lia presses a kiss to my lips and then my cheek. "I love you," She says softly before taking her suitcase and sprinting into the doors of the airport.

My heart skips a beat and I stand there for a few seconds, dumbfounded.

When I hear a horn honking, I snap out of my trance and get back into the car, putting my seatbelt on and merging back into the road.

I can't help but to smile and tap an upbeat rhythm on the steering wheel.

Hearing her finally say it put me in such a brilliant mood.

She loves me!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.3K 1.1K 58
Spencers got a problem. but he's not alone in it. This time, he's got his team to help him walk through the dark. I felt like Spencers story line...
97.9K 1.6K 30
Y/n has been working at the BAU for 4 years, as she slowly begins to develop feelings for her best friend Spencer Reid...
55.9K 1.2K 37
Right after graduating high school and college early on, y/n, along with her 174 iq, takes the job offer at the BAU. She escapes her dark childhood w...
451K 7.2K 35
Y/N's friends convince her to go out and let loose after a long week at work...although she doesn't want to she agrees to go. She recently left her c...