Getting The Guy

By Fetish-for-melody

Meet Vannessa Walters, a teenager who lives a lavish lifestyle. She has things that most teenagers can only d... More

🍂INTRODUCTION🍂
Chapter 1: The Truth Hurts
Chapter 2: The Change
Chapter 4: The Gala
Chapter 5: The Agreement
Chapter 6: The First Step
Chapter 7: The Attitude
Chapter 8: The Insecurities We Feel
Chapter 9: The Things We Hope For
Chapter 10: The Thoughts Of You
Chapter 11: Who Knew?
Chapter 12: The Start Of Something New
Chapter 13: The Butterflies
Chapter 14: What Do You Mean?
Chapter 15: The Thoughts I Face
Chapter 16: The Nerves
Chapter 17: New Friends?
Chapter 18: The Road Trip
Chapter 19: The Beautiful Mistake
Chapter 20: The Confrontation
Chapter 21: The Master Plan
Chapter 22: The Pain You Give Me
Chapter 23: These Flaws Of Mine
Chapter 24: The Concert
Chapter 25: The Aftermath
Chapter 26: The Final Step
Chapter 27: The Beginning Of The End
Chapter 28: The Fit Of Rage
Chapter 29: The Great Disregard
Chapter 30: The First Downfall
Chapter 31: The Things You Do
Chapter 32: The Indecisive Heart
Chapter 33: The Step Up
Chapter 34: The Sleepover

Chapter 3: The Unbreakable Bond

31 5 3
By Fetish-for-melody

Song: Used To Love

Artistes: Martin Garrix ft. Dean Lewis

-

***_***_***_***

After drinking some cold Coca-Cola, I carefully stuffed a piece of Bruce's expertly designed unicorn muffins into my mouth. 

Trying not to ruin Wilma's makeup, I stuffed another piece of the pastry into my mouth with forced care and patience. I sighed at the delectably sweet treat that was curing my ravenous desire for food.

I headed to the staircase and lifted my dress slightly to reveal the black platform heels. With cautious and calculated steps, I climbed the stairs. 

A click was heard. Then another. And another. Until I was at my dad's room door, panting like I just ran eight ridiculous miles.

I really need to change my diet so I can look like Wilma if I ever reach her age. Living on pure junk food just won't do anymore. Maybe I need to exercise as well. 

Placing a hand on my hip in an attempt to catch my breath, I rapped my knuckles on the door a few times.  

These heels are killing me! 

It's sad that I haven't even left the house as yet but I already feel worn out by these miniature torture objects created purely by the fascination of men. 

How do people survive in these overbearing skyscrapers for hours?

I feel like I just lost fifty five pounds.

I panted and rested both hands on my hips as I waited for dad to attend to the door. 

Normally climbing the stairs wasn't a problem for me. But today, in these heels, the staircase suddenly felt like an unforseen suicidal trap the higher I climbed and I had to grip the railing for dear life.

I'm grateful for the advice that I had received from my dad but a part of me wants to strangle him for talking me into this ‘makeover’.

I wasn't a fan of heels. In fact, I usually wear flats to any banquet, business meetings, etcetera that I have to attend. But now that I'm trying something new, I guess I'll have to suffer.

Beauty really takes pain indeed.

Slight shuffling could be heard before the door creaked open. 

Upon seeing me, my dad's eyes widened and a smile took residency on his lips.

“Oh my darling daughter.”

Without warning, I was pulled flush against my dad's warm, thick jacket as he gave me a bear hug.

“Watch the hair,” I joked, and my dad pulled me away from him to really look at me.

“You look beautiful, Vanbear. I'm glad you're finally crawling out of your shell.”

“Dad,” I whined. “Stop with the mushy talk, you're going to make me cry and ruin Wilma's hard work.”

His eyes nearly left his eye sockets. 

“Wilma fixed you up? Damn I never knew she was that talented. I mean I know she's talented but wow, this is next level work.”

I nodded, stepping away from him a few steps backwards to do a little spin.

The dress twisted and glided. The light bounced off the fabric, creating an ubiquitous shine along the walls of the hallway. The material glittered like thousands of crystals huddled together in unrestrained merriment. Teasing the human eyes as they winked repeatedly. 

“Yeah,” I said as I came to a sharp halt. “She definitely outdid herself. I hardly recognized that it was me when I looked in the mirror.”

He smiled. “Well, as long as you're comfortable.”

There was a twinkle in his eyes as his gaze lingered on my face for a little longer than necessary. 

Why is he looking at me like that?

It seemed like he was going to say something but hesitated and shook his head awkwardly. He cleared his throat and looked away sheepishly. Then it seemed like he remembered something since he suddenly glanced back at me.

“I'm glad you came to me because there's something that want you to do for me.”

I scrunch my eyebrows in befuddlement. 

“What?”

“One second.” 

He ran into his room and I watched silently from the doorway as he scanned through some papers and envelopes on his desk.

Grabbing a file, he came running back towards me. 

“Please, can you give this file to Mr and Mrs Wilson?” 

I opened my mouth to object, but his quick words stopped me from speaking. 

“I would give it to them myself but I have to get some things ready and it's really, really urgent. They need to add some finishing touches to it before we leave for the gala today so we can close a deal.”

I took the file gingerly.

I wanted to refuse but he did seem rather flustered and stressed. His close was disheveled which was out of his element of expensively pressed suits.

There were also dark shadows forming underneath his eyes so I decided to relieve him of some stress where I could. 

“Yeah. Ok fine.”

“Ok great, I'll see you in a little while, pumpkin.”

He squeezed my hand gently before scrambling back inside his room and plopping down on his computer chair, typing away at the keyboard furiously. 

He didn't even close the door, so I closed it and headed back for the stairs.

-

***_***_***_***

A few minutes later, I found myself standing on the Wilson's front porch with a hand raised in a fist as I stood face to face with their front door.

The house's architectural design was similar to my dad and I's house. But while our house almost mimicked the sun's yellow color on a hot sunny day with fancy brown windows and doors, the Wilson's house was a shocking contrast of lime green walls with white windows and doors. 

The sun setting made the house more breathtakingly beautiful as it created a glow around its structure.  My knuckles hit the fancy white door in a round of knocks. I stepped back a bit, waiting for someone to answer so I could rush back to my house and enjoy the feeling of pure serenity.

I counted the time that I stood on the Wilson's front porch to kill time.

I don't know why, but I felt nervous.  

The Wilson's were familiar faces since my dad does business with them sometimes.

One minute and twenty eight seconds.

One minute and twenty nine seconds.

One minute and—

The door opened abruptly and I clutched the file with both hands in a tight grip.

"Nessy?"

My heartbeat sped up as the deep pools of maroon brown with flecks of gold swirling in their depths locked with my golden oak orbs. 

Crap!

Those beautiful dark orbs drank in every inch of my body like I was a tall glass of water.

I blushed and muttered a small ‘hi’.

I shoved the file in his direction, clearing my throat. 

“My dad sent this for your parents. Can you give it to them please, if that's ok?”

“Dontae?” I said quietly when there was no response.

“Yeah,” his body jerked a bit as if he was startled and I stared up at him curiously. He turned away sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck. 

“Sorry, can you repeat?”

“Uh… I was saying that my dad sent this file for your parents so since you're here I was wondering if you could maybe give it to them for me please.”

“Oh, sure.” He reached forward and took the file from my grasp and our fingers brushed slightly. 

The warm sensation of a blush came flooding back to my cheeks and I tucked a stray piece of dark curly hair behind my ear nervously, looking at the wooden flooring. 

I was all too ready to tuck my tail between my legs and rush back over to my house. However, as I was about to mutter a quick goodbye and get the heck out of here, a sudden strong force pulled me forward.

I gasped and my arms shot out to grip anything closest to me. 

That's when I felt warm, bulging biceps, under my palms. And I froze. Gulping as terror gripped my bones. Rendering me immovable. 

My breathing came out in quick pants and I willed my body to move. To lift a dainty finger. To move my feet. Anything. 

But it was futile and I cursed my body for not abiding by my every demand.

I wish I could say that I was surprised. But I wasn't. 

Because this is Dontae.

And he always does the unexpected. 

He stroked my naked arm with a slender finger. Warmth traveled through my body at his overwhelming touch. He was oh so dangerously close and my thoughts were going haywire.

I shivered involuntarily at his touch.

“Nessy,” he drawled.

My brain became increasingly fuzzy and it was a struggle to remain focused.

Curse you dad. Why couldn't you have come here yourself?

"You look ravishing as ever.” 

His eyes were hypnotizing as they locked with mine and I was drawn into a scary trance. 

“You showed up to my house in a sexy dress after so many years and for what? To deliver a measly file to my parents?" 

His hot breath was giving me goosebumps, making it difficult to construct a proper sentence.

I whimpered when his hand slipped lower, and lower, coming to a halt at the small of my back.

"W-why else would I come to your house?" I queried pathetically, trying to ignore the way my body was reacting to his touch.

I've had a crush on Dontae once but even then, his touch didn't have this type of effect on me. Besides, that crush died out years ago when we went our separate ways.

What is happening?

I mentally cursed my body for behaving this way towards him.

And then a thought hit me…

I'm not one of the hundreds of girls who would grovel at his feet everyday and serve him on a golden tray like he was a Greek God of some sort.

No. I can't be one of those girls.

So with whatever strength I could conjure, I shoved him away from me. Strangely missing his warmth, but glad there was now more space between us.

He scowled at me, crossing his arms. The file was somehow now situated on a wooden bench on his porch. 

This is why I didn't want to come over here.

“I'm leaving.” 

Hurriedly, I began to climb down the small staircase. Momentarily forgetting all about the pain which the heels were giving me.

“So that's all you're going to say to me after avoiding me for the past four years?”

I froze.

Shutting my eyes, I clenched my fists tightly by my sides. 

I wished the ground would just crack open and swallow me whole right then and there.

But it didn't. 

And I was forced to face my predicament. 

Holy. Cow.

I did not expect this to happen. 

Not today. 

Nor the next lifetime. 

-

-

___________________________________________________________________________________

What are your views on the characters so far?

Comment and vote... Or just do one.

Thank you for reading and I do hope you'll have a joyous rest of day/night. 

Until next time, 
Your amateur author,
Fetish_For_Melody 💞 💞

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 209 29
"Death isn't just one thing that happens and is over with. That description fits life more. Death is eternal. I mean that's how I view it. Death brin...
5.5K 212 35
Kyleigh has always been a wild child. A past filled with neglect, sexual addiction, alcohol/drug abuse, and a minimized sense of self worth haunts he...
1.2K 88 34
"I pray that the last time I said goodbye was not meant forever." *** Growing up with a single parent with not much money to spare wasn't particularl...
417 59 12
Camilla is given a new life... a life away from her past...she believes. Despite her odds, this time, she manages to conceal it. But until when?.... ...