Broken Bonds

Por -iana-

Author: 十世 (Shi Shi) Title: 断情结 Series: 摩耶系列 Alternative Titles: Duan Qingjie, Broken Complex, Broken Love, S... Más

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11 (M)
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14

Chapter 15

2.4K 76 27
Por -iana-

T/n: The italicized pronouns indicate formal speech.
_________________

Yan Feili stayed at the Shenmei Courtyard for a few days. Once he recovered enough to be able to leave the bed, he had planned to return to the Bamboo Garden. Beitang Ao, having seen his frostbite and other illnesses improved by a lot, said nothing more against the matter then.

Back at the Bamboo Garden, Yan Feili had thought the place would have been left abandoned and cold after being gone for twenty days. Never expecting that it would instead be neat, tidy and remarkably clean; even the heater had already been lit, making the entire house warm and cozy.

He did have an elderly servant who took care of him before this, but that old servant of his was along in years along with having poor vision and a hearing impairment, therefore eventually the work became much too strenuous for him. So, a few years earlier, Yan Feili had paid him a lump sum of silver and allowed him enter into retirement. Plus, at around that time, the condition of Yan Feili's body posed an inconvenience, as he also had no idea when that child would enter the world, prompting him to not dare ask for another servant, and afterwards had always lived on his own.

But now, upon seeing how incredibly well the Bamboo Garden was tidied up by others, he could not help his astonishment. And, just as he was thinking of this, a male and female servant both entered from outside then knelt before him.

"Our Northern Sect's Master has dispatched us here to serve General Yan."

Yan Feili released a sigh.

Of those two persons, the man was unfamiliar, however he did recognise the female servant, who was a high-ranking maid in Beitang's own kitchen. But to those two people, despite them saying they were there to serve him, he feared the must have also had the intention of keeping an eye on him as well.

"You may rise."

The high-ranking maid's name was Xi Mei, which Yan Feili knew, so he then asked the male servant: "What's your name, and where are you from?"

"I am Ling Qing, and prior to this, I was in charge of the main stables in the Shenmei Courtyard. However, since a lot of people had requested their annual leave to head back to their family homes for the New Year celebrations, there is insufficient staff, so I was transferred to the Liuxiang Residence of the Shenmei Courtyard. Afterwards, the head caretaker of the official at that residence spoke quite highly of my handling of the work I had been assigned there well, and had recommended me to the Sect Master who then ordered me to enter his residence. Sect Master then instructed both Xi Mei and myself to look after General Yan yesterday, thus both of us came here at dawn."

Yan Feili nodded, saying, "Both of you can stay then."

"General Yan, do you have any orders for us?" Being quite diligent from the get-go, the quite clever Ling Qing then asked.

Unable to have anything come to mind after a while, Yan Feili simply asked them to leave.

Afterwards, he slowly made his way to his bed. With the frostbite covering his body not yet completely healed, a lot of places were still bruised and swollen, which caused him pain when they rubbed against his clothing.

So then, sitting on the edge of his bed, gripping the sides tightly, Yan Feili felt as if a knife was ripping through his heart. This was the same bed he was on when he had given birth to that child, where he had only held held him that one time—not even being able to give the little one a name before he had vanished from his embrace.

"Li'er..." Yan Feili then cried out in a whisper.

***

Qiu Yeyuan came to see him a few times following his return home, helping him change his dressings as well as taking his pulse. Xi Mei and Ling were also quite competent people, and serving him was not difficult at all. So without even realizing it, the New Year's holidays were over, and the season of Spring had arrived in a flash.

Signs of this new period were brimming from within every corner of the Fuyouju Headquarters. The blossoms lining the trees within the gardens, all itching to burst forth from their buds, wishing to add many new stunning tints and hues between all those bricks and tiles.

For Yan Feili, the frostbite on his body had gradually gotten better. Having that highest of highly skilled doctor, Qiu Yeyuan, gleefully opt to treat his injuries, had actually resulted with nary a hint of a scar left behind.

Though, regarding such a thing, Yan Feili had given no concern. As for him, as a grown man, what does matter if there are scars left behind? His entire body had long bore the markings of many of such clusters from before. Thus, it was Qiu Yeyuan who cared about this much more than he himself ever did, and was always reminding him to not forget to change his dressings. This made Yan Feili quite grateful towards the other man, along with making him always want to one day repay his kindness.

However, in those places left unseen, lay some wounds that which cannot be healed. Being no different than his relationship with his Sect Master, where even if what happened remained hidden, things could not go back to how they were before.

"General Yan." Yan Feili turned around, shocked to see that the one who called was Hua Xiangyan.

After New Year's holidays had passed, the brothers, who had all gone back home to visit their families, had gradually returned; causing business at the headquarters to slowly grow more busy. At current, the routine monthly meeting of the Tianmen Sect was being held, where all high-ranking members within the sect were required to attend.

Due to his injuries preventing him, Yan Feili was unable to attend the discussions which had taken place in the second month of the year, prompting many to send im their respects at the meeting held for this month.

Seeing Yan Feili at the gathering not long ago, Hua Xiangyan felt rather awkward. However, quite to the contrast, Yan Feili had acted as if nothing had happened; still seeming as he was in the past, a light smile still gracing his face, still calling out to him as usual.

Now that the meeting was over, everyone had scattered so in an moment of pure impulse, Hua Xiangyan had called out to Yan Feili.

"General Hua, long time no see!" Yan Feili greeted him with a smile.

Following a moment of hesitance, as he was unsure of exactly what to say, Hua Xiangyan decided it would be best to not inquire about personal matters after having thought it over, thus then asked: "General Yan, the proposal of war Sect Master Nangong just raised has nothing to do with the Northern Sect, so I don't understand—why would you volunteer yourself?"

Yan Feili chuckled, "Since it is a matter of the Tianmen, how could it have nothing to do with the Northern Sect? I had once lived in Jianguo for many years, and am the one most familiar with the terrain there. So during this time of war, I must of course do all I can."

"But... this hasn't been approved of by Sect Master Beitang as yet, right?"

Yan Feili felt his chest grow tight. Having been busy with the planning of his wedding as of recent, Beitang Ao was to again attend the monthly meetings in the future.

Not long back, after he had left the Shenmei Courtyard, that woman who would soon marry Beitan Ao, Lin Yanyan, had even paid him a visit once. At that time, her appearance could be described as: simple and elegant, and having seen Yan Feili express his want in returning to the Bamboo Garden, out of concern, she asked about how his body was doing as well as whether he needed someone to help look after him. Her manner of speech was quite fitting—natural and unrestrained, the demeanor encompassed by a young woman born of nobility. Surely, only a talented and good-looking woman like her would be suitable for the Sect Master. The thought leaving Yan Feili with a feeling of dejection.

When he returned to his senses, Yan Feili swallowed those worries of his, replying, "I will discuss it with the Sect Master. I'm certain he will not refuse."

Right then, Hua Xiangyan really wanted to ask what had happened to that child, but he had promised the Northern Sect Master he would never broach that topic again. Furthermore, this was a matter involving a secret of General Yan, and so he feared the other man would be unwilling to bring up this matter as well. So while thinking of something else to say, he soon heard the call of someone beside him.

"Oh my, if it isn't Xiao Huahua! Why did you just up and disappear?" Hua Xiangyan face immediately stiffened, then shook.

Yan Feili had already bowed to give the other other man his respects, while he looked back, only to be met with shock at the lascivious manner of dress worn by Dongfang Xi and the scent of flowers assailing his nostrils, "Sect Master..."

"This is so strange... I got up especially early today—and even hurried here to attend the monthly meeting. So why is it that I haven't even seen a glimpse of you?"

"The monthly meeting has already concluded, Sect Master." Hua Xiangyan spoke through gritted teeth, "Next time you get up early, please come here directly from your Xihua Residence, and do not take a detour to the House of Pleasure, as then, you may make it here on time."

"Oh my heavens! Xiao Huahua, how did you know I came here from the House of Pleasure, and the the Den of Decadence?" Dongfang Xi, feeling rather curious, then asked.

The House of Pleasure and Den of Decadence, were both the largest and most popular brothels in the city, and this head of the Dongfang Clan was one of their most frequent visitors.

"Because the scent of lanhua orchid powder is all over your body today, Sect Master; and only the infamous courtesan, Meilan, of the House of Pleasure uses such a fragrance. Also, may I ask that you refrain from addressing me in such a manner? This subordinate does possess a proper name."

Although it was far from the first time Sect Master Dongfang ahd called him Xiao Huahua in the presence of others, Hua Xiangyan simply did not want to referred by that moniker while before Yan Feili.

Having an epiphany, Dongfang Xi nodded, then proceeded to sniff his own sleeve and said to himself out loud, "It's a good thing you told me this. Now, after I go to the House of Pleasure I have to remember to have myself a bath before making my way to the Den of Decadence."

Completely ignoring Hua Xiangyan's earlier request with the latter half of his statement, Dongfang then turned to Yan Feili, and said with a smile donning his face: "This must be the Northern Sect's General Yan, yes? I heard you were unwell for the past few days, so are you feeling better now?"

Both Yan Feili and Hua Xiangyan were left astounded by at that man's question. Who would have thought, that this always "busy nobleman" known as Sect Master Dongfang, would have actually known the news of Yan Feili's illness.

"I am greatly thankful for your concern. It was none but a slight cold-related illness, and everything is all right now."

"That's great, then." Dongfang Xi grinned, his onyx coloured eyes flashing with a gleam, "General Yan is Beitang's most capable great general, so you must take proper care of your body, alright? Otherwise, Beitang will surely be unable to relax."

"All right." Yan Feili, did not understand what the other man had meant, but still obligingly gave a soft reply.

................................

Notes~

Dongfang Xi's nickname for Hua Xianghua: Xiao Huahua, means (Little Flower). Aw...
The name of his residence "Xihua:" also shares the same pronunciation of parts of their name combined. But the Xi(惜) in Xihua means: to cherish, while Dongfang's Xi(曦) means: the light of day | the Dong in Dongfang means East, btw.
_________________________________________

So, it may not be there blatantly, but that frigid bastard of a Sect Master's feelings for Yan Feili are there (Mr Lecher above saw it too)—but—it is not the pure kind. What happens when an emotionally stunted, spoiled and arrogant ruler, who is a stickler for rules and norms of the times, runs off and catches himself "some feelings" he is unwilling to confront? Well... q_q. Prepare yourself.

iana: Still alive, will be back in a few weeks. 

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

72.6K 3.1K 21
"Rana Sa...." Why are you trembling...are you ok should I call someone for help.... "Sh...ssshhhhh...... Ahana....i would be inside you till now if y...
JUNOON || جنون Por Ira

Ficción histórica

11.5K 631 21
An arranged marriage between two contrasting yet similar people. Will it work? Urwa Shah A nineteen year old girl filled with dreams. A strict father...
8.3K 113 105
The ancient saying goes: Most generals come from Guan Xi, while ministers come from Guan Dong. He Lisa was born to be a Star General. She was merely...
1.9M 67.8K 53
Woke up in the ancient era frightened the hell out of her. But she has to make a choice : Let the real plot take place or try to change it. ••• His p...