Please...

By that_1_theater_kid

Harry Potter is five years old now, though he does not look it. He looks more like a small four or three year... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six.
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen.
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen.
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One.
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Epilogue

Chapter Seven

16K 475 180
By that_1_theater_kid

Harry looked at the man as he stepped out of the fireplace. "Hello, Severus. And this must be Harry." The man, Lucius, turned to look at him, and Harry felt slightly scared. Even though he had expected it, he did look scary, as he looked muscular and very tall.

"Hello, Harry. I'm Lucius."

"H-Hi. Sev... said I-I could call you Lucy?" Harry asked quietly. Lucy sent a look to Severus, who chuckled. "That's okay if you want."

"So, Lucius? I have some questions for you, and maybe Harry does too, about the adoption." Harry slid from his chair and ran to Severus', crawling in his lap. Lucy sat in the chair across from them, and pulled a packet of paper from his pocket. Harry gawked at it, the pocket didn't seem that big!

"Magic, Harry. Magic," Severus whispered. "So, Severus, what are your questions?" Lucius asked.

"Well, how long does the process take, after filling out the papers?" Harry shifted so his legs were off the chair leg, and his head was resting on Sev's arm. "It usually takes a week at most. Earliest is three days, and you get an owl telling you to come into the Ministry, just to finalize everything."

"And do they need to know why the former guardians were unfit?"

"Well, yes. Not very in depth, but at least the base. And, as you know, you need guardian's permission to adopt." Harry tensed for a moment before curling in a ball. Of course, more people needed to know. Sev knowing was... okay, but these were strangers. Strangers who would know that he's a freak, a useless child.

"And if they deem me unfit? What happens then?" Sev sounded scared, for some reason unknown to Harry. "As much as I doubt that, it depends on if you can prove anything on the prior guardians. If you can, most likely foster care, since it's Mr. Potter, most likely a well known Light. If not, then unfortunately, the Ministry will take him back to them."

"I have to go back?!" Harry shot up and looked at Severus, scared that Severus had lied, scared he would have to go back. "No. Remember, I promised. You are never, ever going back there."

"But what if the thingy takes me away?! You said no one would! What if they do! I can't! I won't!" Harry started crying, he had to go back.

"Harry. Calm yourself. Deep breaths. Now, I promised to you that you would live with me, right?" Harry nodded slightly. "And that's what is going to happen. Even if I have to run somewhere else with you, away from here, you will never go back to them, or anywhere you don't want unless necessary. I mean like doctor visits, clothes shopping, or if a bad wizard comes, which is unlikely." The 'bad wizard' part made Harry worried. Were there many bad wizards?

"But those are deemed necessary. Okay?" Harry nodded and got back in his ball form, draping Severus' robes over him. He could here the two talking about something, God knows what, but he was not paying any attention to it. He was thinking of what would happen. What if he was taken away? Did he get a say in what would happen?

His mind was racing, questions forming, when Severus pulled him out and sat him on his lap. "Harry, Lucy here wants to know if you have any questions." He said softly. Harry looked at him, and noticed that Lucy didn't look so scary anymore. He nodded, and received a 'Go on' from Lucy.

"If they take me away... can I go with Poppy?" Harry mumbled. "Madam Pomphrey? Most likely, yes."

"And if I get to stay with Da- Sev, its for forever, right? I can't be taken away?" Another nod. "Adoption is final, you would be his son always. And what were you going to say before?"

"Nothing."

"Well, is that all, Severus?" The packet flew to Severus' now open hand, and he began flipping through it. "Yes, that should be all. Harry, why don't you go play in your room for a little bit?" Severus asked. Harry didn't want to, but knew he probably should. He nodded, and slid off the chair, Lily in his hands. He walked to Sev's room instead, and began playing with Lily.

*                         *                         *

"Well? I'm guessing that wasn't all?" Lucius asked. Severus shook his head. Of course he had more questions, but not all of them were for Harry to hear. "How hard would it be to get a Muggle in Azkaban?"

"Hard, Severus. I take it it was bad?" Lucius said, knowing Harry must have been abused. 

Severus' voice dropped to a whisper. "Lily's son, Lucius.This is Lily's son, he's been abused, starved, raped. And Dumbledore knew."

"He knew?"

"Yes. Arabella Figg sent me an owl, that's why I went to get Harry. She's a Squib, and she had been owling Dumbledore. She told me he wouldn't do anything, so yes, he knew."

"Have you talked with him about it?"

"No. Well, I did once, about why Harry was with the Dursley's instead of Remus, Sirius, or me, even, but he said Harry needed to live with them because of the blood wards. All he wants Harry for is to kill Voldemort. He won't even give him a choice."

"So he knew of abuse and let it go on? You are aware that isn't exactly 'legal', correct?"

"I know, but that's not the point. I want to get Dursley in Azkaban. Vernon Dursley only, Petunia helped when she could, most likely she was frightened, and his son couldn't have done anything bad. He's only six. Once I've adopted Harry, I want him put in Azkaban. Last time I checked, child abuse is not taken lightly, Muggle or Wizarding World."

"And, would Harry be willing to talk at the hearings?"

"No. Memories, I told him we could take memories and use a pensieve. Your able to tell if a memory has been tampered with, and if a Ministry official, most likely you, because he knows you, if an official takes them, then the memories would be far more believable."

"If Harry is willing to give memories, and if you have some sort of physical evidence-"

"Poppy has hospital records, along with pictures."

"Those would work. Harry needs a lawyer of some sort, though."

"Kingsley. Kingsley Shacklebolt, if you can't. I know he won't stand for any abuse, of any sort." Severus stated firmly. All he knew was that Dursley was going down, and Harry would never get abused again.

"Alright. I'll talk to him, if he lets me. Don't worry, Severus."

"How am I not supposed to worry? He's in a close situation to the one I was in. Man hates magic. Woman is scared shitless. Man abuses woman and child. Only difference is, I'm positive he had it worse." Severus leaned forward and put his head in his hands. "How so?"

"This morning I got him to open up a little, about what he calls 'fun time'. It's when Dursley would rape him." Severus muttered. "Called it 'fun time', like Dursley thought it was a game. I guess it started before he turned four, or that's what he remembers. On his birthday, he was raped, for a long time, each day for a week."

"Merlin..."

"Yeah. He was three, Lucius. Three years old, three fucking years old!"

"Calm yourself, Severus. If Harry hears you screaming, it might trigger him. How long have you had him, anyway?"

"Two weeks, I think."

"So you won't know what all triggers him yet. It took me a year to get down what would trigger you, Sevvie. Be careful." Severus thought of when he was in his first year, making Lucius in his fifth year, a prefect. Everything had frightened him then, there were so many people, bigger than him. Lucius being one of them, and very tall and intimidating for eleven year old Severus. Soon Severus had learned he wasn't really that bad when you got to know him.

"I'll fill these out today and send them to you-"

"Oh, just do it now. Sooner the better."

"Alright, would you mind getting Harry? He's probably bored out of his mind." Lucius nodded, and walked to the guest bedroom. Seeing Harry was not there, he went to Severus' bedroom instead, and saw Harry playing with his teddy on the bed.

Lucius stood in the doorway and knocked on the frame, making Harry jump. "H-Hi..."

"Hey. Sev was wondering if you wanted to come back to the sitting room?" Harry nodded, and Lucius noticed the hint of fear in his eyes. "It's okay. Come along." Lucius reached his hand out slightly as Harry slid off the bed and walked toward him. He looked up Lucius, who smiled. Lucius was glad when he received a small smile back, and Harry grabbed his finger.

They walked to the sitting room, where Severus was waiting. Lucius took his prior spot, as did Harry, climbing into Severus' lap again.

Lucius noticed that Harry was watching him, or more so, looking at his cane.

"Why's it a snake?" Harry asked quietly. "It's my wand. I just liked the snake, that's all." Harry looked confused, so Lucius pulled his wand from the cane by the snake head. "See? It's my wand."

"How'd it do that?!" Harry asked in awe. "I had it specially made. My wand goes inside my walking stick, like a special holder for my wand."

"Daddy said you have a kid?" Harry asked. Lucius nodded, and put his wand away. "Yes. His name is Draco, like a dragon. He's about your age. Maybe you could meet him some time."

"Maybe."

"Harry, do you know how to write your name?" Severus tapped his shoulder, and Harry looked at the pages. He shook his head. "Accio parchment." Severus pointed his wand at a drawer, and parchment shot into his open hand. Severus started writing something, clear in print, and pointed at it. That's your name." Severus spelled it out, pointing to each letter as he spoke.

"H-A-R-R-Y P-O-T-T-E-R," Harry copied. "Yes. Here, give me your hand." Severus gently placed the quill in Harry's hand, showing him how to hold it, and had him practice writing his name. 

"Almost done then?" Lucius asked, referring to the packet. Severus nodded and took a look at Harry's work. "Good job. Now write it on this line..." Harry wrote his name under Severus' and smiled at Sev for his accomplishment. "Daddy, I did it!"

"Good job, Harry. Oh shit... oops, don't repeat that word, Harry. Lucius, we need their signature." Severus looked from Harry to Lucius, a plan forming, a plan Harry might not like, but Poppy was out for the day, and he did not want more people than necessary knowing he had Harry Potter in his quarters.

"Harry... You know I need Petunia's signature to adopt you, right? Well, Poppy's out today... So you can either come with me to go and get it, or you can stay here with Lucius. It's your choice."

Harry thought for a moment. No, he did not want to go back, but he also didn't want to leave Severus. But, Lucy seemed nice, and Sev trusted him, so he must be safe.

"I-I wanna stay here. Will it take long?"

"Nope. I should be back in a half hour. Lucius, would you mind?" Lucius shook his head. "Of course not. Anything I need to know?" Severus stood and sat Harry in the chair, walking to Lucius, who was also standing. "Don't yell. If you say you'll do something, do it. And, just don't bring up his childhood, any way shape or form." Severus whispered, and brought his voice back to normal. "I've found he likes treacle tarts quite a bit, correct Harry?" Harry nodded happily.

"Good." He walked back to Harry and scooped him up in his arms, hugging him quickly. "I'll be back in a little bit, okay? Lucy knows how to reach me, so I can come back if I need to. You'll be okay?" Severus felt horrible, but if Vernon Dursley was there, something much worse could happen.

"Okay." Harry nodded. "Good. If you want, you can have one treacle tart while I'm gone, okay? I bet Lucy has some candy with him to, so if he offers you some it's okay." Severus set Harry back in the chair and nodded to Lucius. "Bye, Harry. I'll be back in a bit." 

The flames grew green, and Severus stepped into them, scaring Harry slightly.

"Aberforth's pub!"

And Severus was gone.

"Well, Harry, what would you like to do?" Lucy asked gently. "I dunno... what can I do?"

"Well, what have you done this week?" Harry sat Lily on his lap and started fidgeting with her. "We played yesterday... hide and seek."

They sat in an awkward silence for a moment, when Lucius got an idea. "Hey Harry, what about finger painting?"

"What's that?"

"You paint, with your fingers. I might have some on me, Draco, my son, likes to paint often." Harry watched as Lucy began rummaging through out his pockets, and when he pulled out a package of paint and a roll of parchment. "Magic?" Harry asked, eyes wide. Lucy nodded. "Let's go to the table instead, okay? That way paint won't get on the carpet."

They moved to the small dining room, and Lucy set out the paints across the table. They were in small jars, one for each color of the rainbow, plus black, white, peach, and brown. Lucy set down a square piece of parchment in front of Harry, who looked up expectantly. 

"Here," Lucy said, and with a tap of his wand, the covers were off the paint. Lucius stuck his finger in the yellow, and made a small smiley face on the corner of the parchment. "Like that. But you can paint anything you want."

"Daddy?" Harry eyed the black paint. "Sure. Anything you want, just try not to get paint all over, m'kay?" Harry nodded, and hesitantly stuck his pointer finger in the black paint. When Lucy nodded, he started to form a body on the parchment. Soon, there was also hair and a face.

"Very pretty, Harry.  Is that Severus?" Harry nodded, and smiled. He started painting himself as well, right next to Daddy. 

Once he was finished, he held it up to show Lucy, who was sitting next to him. "Me and Daddy!"

"Oh, very nice. I'm sure Sevvie will love it. Want me to dry it, and you can wash off your hands?" Harry nodded and slid off his chair, speed walking to the sink. He climbed on his stool, quickly washing the paint off his hands.

"Will Daddy be here soon?" Harry asked over the running water. "He's only been gone for fifteen minutes. A little longer. Would you like a treacle tart?"

"No. 'M not hungry."

"Well, than do you want to paint some more?" Harry shook his head. He wanted Daddy to come home. It had only been fifteen minutes, but it felt like an hour. "What do you want to do?"

"I wan' Daddy..." Harry said, cutting himself off from saying 'what if he doesn't come back?' 

The thought was scary. Harry's lower lip quivered the more he thought about it. He's not gonna come back... He left, Harry thought. 

"Hey, what's wrong? Sev'll be here real soon."

"What if he won' come back?" Harry asked. He took his spot back at the table and laid his head on it. "Oh, he will. I promise. He loves you a lot, he'll come back."

"Promise?" Harry was doubtful, and tired, and secretly, he was hungry. "I promise. Do you need a nap?" Harry shook his head. "No nap. What's Draco like?"

"He likes brooms, flying. His favorite color is red."

"Does he like animals?"

"Definitely. He begged me for a snake last year." Harry smiled wider, snakes were one of his favorite animals. Harry was going to ask another question, when the fire flamed again, and Daddy walked out.

"Daddy!" Harry ran to him, and jumped into his open arms. "Hello, Harry. Did you have a good time?"

"Mmm-hmm. I painted me and you!"

"You and I, Harry."

"I said that already!" Harry exclaimed. Severus chuckled and walked to the dining room, where Lucy was waiting. "Lucius, Harry tells me he painted while I was gone." Lucy nodded. He nodded to it, and Harry reached to hold it up proudly. "Oh, very nice Harry! Lucius, they both signed."

"Both?"

"Yep. So, you can take the papers, and if you'd like to stay a little while longer-"

"No, I should get going. " Lucius stood, and made his way to the fireplace. "Draco wanted to go flying this afternoon."

"Well that should be fun. Say hello to him for me."

"Will do. I'll deal with the papers tomorrow when I go to work. Goodbye, Harry, Severus." Lucius waved and gave them a small smile, stepping into the fireplace. "Bye Lucy." Severus and Harry said in unison.

He threw down Floo powder, and said, "Malfoy Manor!"

"Hungry, Harry?" Severus asked. Harry nodded, and they went to get some treacle tarts.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72.5K 2.2K 86
After James and Lily Potter are tragically murdered, Remus Lupin and Sirius Black are left with the task of raising and caring for "The Boy Who Lived...
54.3K 1.1K 20
(Completed) Iris and Harry live with the Dursleys' together. Harry sleeps in the cupboard under the stairs. Iris sleeps in the basement with the mice...
26.4K 359 22
Severus Snape had given up in love after his beloved lily died, that was until a certain Slytherin arrived more like a certain Malfoy. Remus Lupin w...
625K 22.4K 59
In June of 1980, Voldemort successfully took control of the Magical Ministry. For eleven years, Magical Britain was finally at peace, with only a few...