Always and Forever (Merlin)

By Dollophead111

Modern AU Merthur. Everybody knows not to mess with Merlin because then you'll have to deal with Arthur. Appa... More

A/N
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven

Chapter Three

270 13 6
By Dollophead111

I slowly eat my bowl of soup. My jaw is in pain from earlier, but I don't let it show. I smile, laugh, talk.

Suddenly, I feel like the air is being sucked out of my lungs. I find it impossible to breathe. I hear Arthur start whispering in my ear.

"Merlin, are you okay?"

I quickly nod. Next, I address everybody.

"I have to go to the bathroom. Excuse me."

Without seeing a reaction, I get up and briskly walk to the bathroom.

I take off my scarf and throw water onto my face.

Deep breath in, deep breath out. I'm okay.

"Merlin?"

I turn around and see Arthur standing there with a concerned look on his face.

"Arthur. What are you doing here?"

"I'm here checking on you. What the fuck happened to your jaw?"

I quickly spin around, only to see a large bruise on my jaw.

"It's nothing. Let's go back to Gwen and Lancelot. I don't want them to think we're doing anything bad."

Arthur can't help but smile.

"Fine. But you're sleeping at my place tonight. No exceptions."

"Arthur, I can't-"

"No. I don't want to hear it. You're sleeping at mine and that's final."

"Arthur. I don't have any clothes or my backpack or schoolwork. It's all at my house."

"Fine. We'll go back to yours and you'll pick up your stuff. Then we're going back to mine."

I try to think of a way I can make Arthur and my dad happy.

"Okay. Only on one condition."

Arthur's face lights up hearing me say that.

"Of course! Anything! What is it?"

I take a deep breath.

"My father has to believe I'm sleeping at my house. He cannot know I'm not home."

"That's all? Deal."

"Okay. It's settled then."

"By the way, Merlin. Are you ever going to tell me about that day?"

I know exactly what day Arthur is talking about. The first and last time I've ever slept at Arthur's house. After coming home and receiving my punishment, I told Arthur I'd never sleep at his again.

"Come on, let's go back to Gwen and Lancelot."

I walk past Arthur out of the rest room.

*Eight years ago*

"Thank you Mr. Uther for driving my home."

"Anytime Merlin. Whenever you want to stay over, you're always welcomed to."

"Thank you."

I open the door and step out of the car. Then, before I close the door, I turn to Arthur.

"Bye Arthur. I'll see you soon."

"Bye Merlin! I'll see you tomorrow."

I close the door and walk up to my house. I hope dad won't be too mad for spontaneously sleeping at Arthur's house.

With one last wave at Arthur's car, I walk into my house. My father is sitting at the kitchen table.

"Nice of you to finally come home, boy."

I look down at my feet and twiddle my thumbs.

"I'm sorry. I promise it won't happen again."

"It won't. And I'll make sure of it."

I hear the table chair be forcefully pushed back and my dad stand up. I can hear his footsteps getting closer and closer to me.

I close my eyes, waiting for my punishment. It will come, I just don't know when.

To my surprise, my dad grabs my wrist and begins dragging me to the dark room.

I call it the dark room because it's his bedroom. It's where he brings me to use his belt. It's scary in there.

When we get into the room, he slams the door shut. I get thrown onto the bed and he slowly walks closer to me.

"You know what happens when you sleep at boy's houses? You turn into a faggot."

He turns me around so my stomach is pressed against the bed. He hold my hands down above my head and straddles me.

"Since you've decided to be a slut, I might as well show you the punishment that comes with it."

Tears are now streaming down my face. I don't know what's about to happen, but I have a feeling it won't be good.

I can hear him undo his pants. Then, my pants are ripped off of me.

"I'm sorry! Please! I promise I won't do it again!"

I choke out anything that can save me now.

"And this will assure that."

For the next half of an hour, I feel the worst pain ever. No matter how much I yelled and apologized, it didn't stop.

After it's over, the only thing I can do is crawl up into a ball on the bed.

He gives me a kiss on the head.

"I'm doing this to protect you. One day you'll understand."

With that, he leaves the room.

I spend the next few hours just crying and curled up on my father's bed.

"Hey Merlin, Arthur. What took you guys so long?"

Gwen wiggles her eyebrows at me in a suggestive way.

"Oh. You're right. It was so amazing. I don't think I've ever seen anything like it. Who could've known that Arthur could crap so much in under five minutes? I sure as hell know I didn't."

Everybody but Arthur burst out laughing. He'll get over it.

"Hey! You are so mean!"

Arthur gives me a playful shove on the shoulder.

"It was a joke. Lighten up."

I stick my tongue out at Arthur and he cracks a smile.

"You're so childish sometimes Merlin."

"And that's why you love me."

"Yeah."

Arthur leans in and kisses me.

"Eww, get a room already. Some of us still have food to eat."

Now Arthur finally laughs.

The rest of the dinner goes by in a breeze. I feel a lot better and let myself be free.

On the drive home, Arthur and I talk about the plan to sneak me out. It's a simple plan, but the simple plans are always the best plans.

I wave goodbye to Arthur and he drives away. I walk up to my house and enter.

"Boy. You're back."

"I said I would be. I'm going to head to bed now. And tomorrow morning, I have to go to school early to complete a project for one of my classes. I'll be gone by the time you wake up."

"Okay. Go to bed now."

I walk upstairs and into my room. Part one of my plan done. Now for part two.

Grabbing all my belongings, I shove everything into my backpack. Then, I put my pillows under my blanket to look like I'm sleeping there. Okay, all is good so far. Now, time to escape.

I open my window and climb out of it onto my roof. There is a slight breeze in the air which makes me hold onto the roof tighter. I crawl my way over to where my fence is. It's now or never.

I jump.

As I'm falling, I grab onto the fence. It makes a clang, but I did it! I take a few deep breaths before jumping from the fence. I land with a thump and immediately begin running to the back of the backyard. I take one last look back at my house as I climb the fence into my neighbor's backyard.

I can't feel any pain, only the adrenaline running through my veins. I've never done anything like this before and it feels great. I feel invincible.

Continuing running, I run across the backyard, into the front lawn. I see Arthur's car waiting for me.

I quickly run inside the car and give Arthur a hard, quick kiss.

"I did it! I actually did it."

Arthur chuckles.

"And how'd it feel?"

"It felt amazing. I've never jumped from a roof before."

"The first time is always the best. You'll get use to it."

"What do you mean use to it? I'm only sneaking out tonight."

Arthur smirks at me.

"Well. I might get selfish and want you to come sleep over again."

I feel my cheeks blush and I look away. 

"Whatever. Let's just head back to yours."

Arthur chuckles and begins driving.

The car ride back to his place is silent. But, not an awkward silent, a comfortable silent. 

We finally arrive back at his house. I go to open my door and Arthur puts a hand on my thigh. Looking over at him, Arthur explains.

"I can get the door for you. Wait a second."

With that, Arthur gets out of car and makes his way over to my side. He open my door and uses his hand to gesture me to get out. 

"Wow. What are you, a prince?"

"No. I'm obviously a king."

"Yeah. King Arthur of Camelot. You're already that."

"See, king."

I roll my eyes. Arthur takes my hand and we walk up to his house. Right before we get to the house, the door flings open and Morgana comes running out.

"Merlin!"

Morgana runs up to me and throws her arms around me.

"What are you doing here so late? It's already ten thirty."

"Arthur convinced me to sleep over."

Morgana pulls away and looks me in the eyes with an excited and worried look.

"Are you sure? You haven't slept over in.... in forever."

I put on my best smile.

"Yeah, I'm sure. Now, let's go inside before we end up sleeping out here."

Morgana laughs and we walk inside. Arthur grabs my bag from my hand and begins walking up to his room. 

"So, I guess I'll see you tomorrow."

Morgana gives me a small smile.

"Goodnight Merlin."

"Night Morgana."

I smile back at Morgana and walk up the stairs to Arthur's room.

I think a total of three of my houses can fit inside of Arthur's house. It's so big. Probably one of the biggest houses I will ever see in my life time. But, in a way, it's too big. I sometimes feel out of place coming here. There's too much space everywhere. When I get my own place, it will be a standard size house. Somewhere remote. It will be a place where I can raise my kids and grow old with my husband. I will have a large yard and a dog and-

"Merlin!"

I snap my head up and realize that I'm already at Arthur's room. I guess I spaced out.

"Hi. Sorry, must have spaced out."

"It's okay. Want to watch a movie and then head to bed?"

"Sure. Let me just change into my pajamas. I'll go into the bathroom."

I grab my bag off of Arthur's bed and make my way into his bathroom. His bathroom is just as large as his room, which is large itself. I mean, who needs a bath and a shower separate? 

I take off my shirt and inspect my bruises. They don't look too bad. But, the one on my jaw stands out a lot against my pale skin. I should probably get a tan one day. 

I finish changing and take out my toothbrush. Don't want to have smelly breath. 

As I'm brushing my teeth, I hear the bathroom door open. I look over to see Arthur standing there. He's topless with black boxer shorts on. Why does he have so many muscles?

"Like what you see?"

Cocky much? I roll my eyes and look back into the mirror. I can hear Arthur approach me and suddenly, arms wrap around me. 

"Artur!" 

I try to yell his name, but my mouth is full of toothpaste and I sound like a two year old.

I wiggle myself out of Arthur's arms and spit into the sink and wash out my mouth. Turning around, I'm hit with a pair of lips against my own. I immediately pull away. 

"Hey. I wanted a kiss."

"Not with your smelly breath. Go brush and I'll pick us out a movie."

Arthur tries to go for another kiss, but I manage to avoid it. I hear him grunt and I let out a giggle. I should probably pick out a movie now. 

I plop onto Arthur's large, comfortable bed and turn on Netflix. What movie should we watch? A horror movie? No, too late for that. Romantic movie? Nope, not in the mood. I think a comedy should do just fine. Scrolling a bit more, I think I find the perfect movie. 

"Arthur, hurry up! I found a movie and I will still like to get some sleep tonight."

I look at the clock and see it's eleven. Eh, who needs sleep anyways?

I guess I didn't hear the bathroom door open, or Arthur walking over to the bed because the next thing I know, I'm being crushed by an enormous weight.

"Oof. Arthur!"

Arthur leans up and looks at me.

"Yes Merlin?"

"You know what! You're crushing me."

"Oh? Am I?"

"You know you are!"

 Arthur laughs and then leans down and kisses me. Of course I kiss back. Stupid teenage hormones. Our kiss becomes more harder and I lean back to take a gasp of air.

Arthur begins harshly kissing my neck. I can't help but let out a moan here and there. But, it's okay because so is Arthur. Arthur then gets to my jaw. Specifically, the spot that is bruised.

I let out a whimper of pain and Arthur pulls back. I close my eyes and steady my breathing. Then, I feel soft kisses on my jaw and Arthur whispering to me.

"You should've called me. I could've protected you."

"Arthur."

I'm guessing from the tone of my voice caused Arthur to stop kissing me and look at me.

"Let's please not talk about this. I want to enjoy my time with you, without thinking about anything else."

"Of course. Wouldn't dream of it any other way."

Arthur crashes his lips against mine again. I'm sorry for what I'm about to do next.

I use my hands to push Arthur back.

"Movie. Just picked it out."

"Awe, you're no fun."

"No, I'm a bore. Now, movie time!"

Arthur grins and spins off of me. When he is laying next to me on his back, he pulls me onto him. 

During the movie, I lay in between Arthur's legs with my head on his chest. His arms are wrapped around me and our legs are intertwined. 

I guess during the movie, I fall asleep because I wake to Arthur moving me.

"Arthur?"

"Shh. Go back to sleep. Just moving you into a more comfortable position."

In my sleepiness, I just let myself be moved.

"Okay. Love you."

"I love you too Merlin. Now, sleep."

Feeling were the warmth is, I can tell that Arthur is spooning me. I love it when he does this. I feel like nothing could ever harm me when I'm here. 

With Arthur looming in my thoughts, I fall into a deep sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Word Count: 2471

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 49.9K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
491K 17.6K 96
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ’œ my first fanfic...
1.7M 48.2K 71
๐…๐‘๐Ž๐™๐„๐ | โYe a cute little thin', aren't ya? I think ye will be mine now...โž โ†โ…โ„โ†โ… ส™แดส€ษด แดา“ แด„แดสŸแด… แด€ษดแด… แดกษชษดแด›แด‡ส€ แด€ษชส€ แด€ษดแด… แดแดแดœษดแด›แด€ษชษด ส€แด€ษชษด แด„แดแดส™ษชษดษชษดษข...
647K 14.5K 42
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.