Technically Me

By ozavize6

"Dearie if you had seen clearly, you should have known we needed dancers not some fat burly lady looking for... More

The author.
Miss model stature.
Called for my attention
She's grace not mary.
Mystery letter
Meeting her.
First of all introduction
Complicated
Danger lurks
Narrow Escape
Part II: Awoken passion
The first date
Something called 'insecurity'
Love of my life
My passion
My pregnant freind
You are beautiful
From me to you
Epilogue : Jason and Carson

A glistening ring๐Ÿ’

23 9 0
By ozavize6

If he's yours
he's yours
I don't know but i think one will know. There'll be this sparkle, this connection, there'll be challenges, road blocks, but at the end of the day if he's yours he'll be yours.

My lady, kelvin said as he moved the chair for Nene to sit on.

Stop acting gentlemanly, it doesn't suit you, Nene said teasingly taking her seat.

Oh come on, gentleman is my middle name, Kelvin said smiling as he looked her over, the blue gown she wore accentuating her curves, her smooth brown skin seemed to be glowing. Pride swelled in him, this beauty was his, ok, not really mine but will be mine today if she says yes.

He felt nervous, oh God please let her say yes. They've dated long enough, they were both fulfilled in their chosen careers.

Nene had wanted time to pursue her passion, enjoy being single and she had.

Come on be positive, she'd say yes. Kelvin heard that voice which he knew was the holy spirit as he took his seat.

Kelvin, Nene said the moment the waitress left, even though he looked breath takingly handsome in his tuxedo, and he just had an haircut making his handsome face more obvious.

Or maybe its because she had not seen him for some time, either ways she's still not letting him off the hook easily and that's why she gave him the questioning look, he looked so nervous, what's up his sleeves.

You look lovely, Kelvin blurted out.

You said that 10,15, and 20 mins ago and now I've exhausted all my thank you, Nene said with a smile even though she was mentally jumping, her efforts on looking good today hadn't gone to waste he didn't even need to say it, it was all in his eyes.

Don't evade my question, what's wrong, Nene said looking at him intently.

Kelvin shrugged, okay i'll tell you but first you tell me all about your trip, how are your parents and how was your talk at ogaminana high, Kelvin inquired.

He hadn't forgotten. Nene felt guilty, then she explained everything, how she felt scared at first and her parents outburst.

'Am so sorry for not being there'
Kelvin said sincerely.

I know you were busy but i don't know why you didn't call me and what's wrong ? Nene asked studying Kelvin, remember you said no secrets.

This is why i didn't want to call, i knew you'll read through my voice, now my plans have been destabilized, Kelvin said with a groan but Nene's attention was on what he brought out, a small box.

Nene felt a lump in her throat, how could she have been so insensitive, yes they had talked about it like a year ago and she had told him she wanted to achieve some things before marriage, Kelvin was good to go and since he finished before her he was ready, still he was understanding.

What am i so scared of in marriage, Zozy is enjoying her marriage and nothing has changed between her and James.

Even though I checked 150 ways on how to propose romantically,
it's annoying that this is how i end up proposing, Kelvin crouched one knee as he bent low and brought out the ring.

An extremely beautiful and dazzling ring,

Ohunene Elizabeth Micheal

Will you be my bride?, the mother of my children, my better half, will you marry me?, Kelvin said, the ring stretched forth.

Nene didn't hear anything, the only thing on her mind was the glistening ring. It was enchanting and every single doubt about getting married young disappeared, it was as if it was saying, 'your marital life is going to forever glow like me'.

Put it on my finger, Nene said excitedly. Kelvin fixed it on her ring finger, a bewildered look on his face.

The ring was so beautiful, she turned her hand front and back to see it dazzle.

Only when her gaze met Kelvin's did she realise her reaction and the poor guy was still kneeling.

'I'll marry you Kelvin, you are my prince charming, my knight in shining armor. I love you and I want to spend my entire life with you and above all I want to be able to punch you when I feel like it, Nene said looking into the depths of his eyes and then she did the undo able, she kissed him.

Like, she actually kissed him publicly.

She could hear cheers and all but then who cares.

Some ladies passed by her table admiringly and she raised her hand to fix a lose strand of her hair.

Actually she only wanted them to gawk at her ring and they did just that.

Nene, was feeling herself, Kelvin chuckled knowing what just transpired.

He moved closer and whispered in her ear, I'll be right back.

Nene noded, but then she followed his gaze which landed on the small aquarium which was directly opposite her seat and two people were in it with a banner that stated "will you marry me".

Kelvin was gesturing to them to take it back and they turned before he went out.

Awn, Kelvin actually planned something romantic, too bad i was impatient, she laughed.

She giggled letting herself bask in the excitement of being engaged.

Her stomach was too filled with excitement that there was no space for the yummy food on the table.

The thought of showing off the fancy ring to Zozy and her sisters left a smile on her lips, she could imagine her mum saying 'about time'.

I'm really going to get married and start a family with the man I love. Thank you Jesus.

My love, Kelvin said interrupting her thoughts.

Hope, I didn't stay too long, Kelvin asked.

Nope, Nene replied.

Why aren't you eating, Kelvin asked.

Guess i'm just too excited, Nene said picking her cutleries.

I love you ohunene, thank you for saying yes to me, I was nervous, I was scared of your rejection, you know you've always had this phobia for marriage, I never expected you'd get carried away with the ring and even forget what I said Kelvin said chuckling.

He felt like the happiest man on earth, Nene had said yes without blinking an eye, a woman with whom he had alike visions, he had watched videos of many proposals and the ladies always seemed to scream, get shocked and those who say 'no' get angry.

Nene was indeed special and a rare gem.

How could you be scared, we've dated going to 5yrs now, I know i didn't want to get married too early but that didn't mean I did not want to marry you, I only wanted to accomplish some thing's on my own first.

I still get angry when I see girls say 'no', what was their aim in dating in the first place, Nene said as she dug at her food.

That's what I see in you, you're different, special and exquisite, Kelvin said looking at like she's his world.

* * * * * * *

Today was perfect and i pray GOD help us grow in love and strength and trust, Nene said as she got down from Kelvin's blue range rover sport.

Amen, Kelvin said.

And he lowered his head to plant a kiss on her enticing lips.

Marriage plans starts tomorrow. We must get married as soon as possible, Kelvin said.

What's the rush? Nene asked curiously.

So I won't lose control, Kelvin said .

Nene chuckled as she let herself out of his grasp.

You know what i love most about your height, Kelvin said mischievously, the fact that you have to stand on your toes too steal a kiss, it makes me feel special.

Nene thrust her hand and gave him a playful punch scurrying off .

Good night my love, Kelvin said.
Good night PK, Nene replied cunningly.

PK..., Kelvin asked curiously.

Pain killer, Nene said laughing as she entered her home, she had him say 'seriously'  before driving out.

She freshened up said her prayers and lay down on her bed like the happiest woman on earth, she was a soon to be 'Mrs Kelvin Johnson'.

She could envision their future together, indeed he was her pain killer. Thank you jesus she whispered as she dozed off in sleep.

THE END.

Done and Dusted.
😢😢 😢
No more kelvin and nene.
Okay .....
I ain't gonna lie, I think am actually excited . I completed my first book on wattpad, so yes I'm glad and happy, and I'll start posting another one real soon.
Watch out for
Special seventeen and
A test of time.
There is a high probability of me writing an epilogue but for the main time, Technically Me ends here.
Thank you and God bless for reading this book to the end.
💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜-zavi. Love you guys.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

335K 19.3K 41
You live in a different time zone Think I know what this is It's just the time's wrong
256K 13.1K 92
Being flat broke is hard. To overcome these hardships sometimes take extreme measures, such as choosing to become a manager for the worst team in Blu...
36.1K 3.8K 25
They have promised to stay Together Forever, but their families are on their neck. They are ready to destroy the marriage using all tricks; tribalis...
31.9K 2.5K 45
Story of a family - strict father, loving mother and naughty kids.