the unknown β†  stiles stilinsk...

By simplybilinski

" I know people are temporary... ..but can you be permanent?" Stiles-a boy who's sarcastic Olivi... More

quick a/n
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty- three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
SEQUEL

thirty-six

2.8K 74 26
By simplybilinski

Chapter thirty-six✓

"Stiles. We need to go get Lydia."

Stiles turned his head to get a quick glance off Olivia's face and saw the complete seriousness upon it. About to ask a question relating how she knew to find Lydia, Stiles closed his mouth and obeyed, speeding towards Lydia's.

He'd learned to not ask questions during the time of life and death.

The car ride was extremely short as they arrived at Lydia's due to going about sixty miles per hour on back roads thanks to Stiles pressing the gas to the floor of the car. Liv had already texted Lydia that they were picking her up so no time was wasted, they couldn't afford to lose even a second or a life could be lost. As soon as the strawberry blonde hopped in the car, she was asked one simple question.

"Lydia. How loud are the flies right now." Olivia asked sternly. She waited for her suspicions to be confirmed.

She watched as Lydia closed her eyes and drowned out all of the surrounding sounds and focused on the one sound that was louder than the rest. The buzzing was extremely loud, loud enough to make her physically flinch. She opened her eyes back up and answered.

"Loud."

☾☾☾

The car ride to Kira's house was quicker than the one to Lydia's. Stiles had pushed his old jeep almost too far. Olivia feared the jeep would just shut down in the middle of the road. The moment the jeep was parked in an unfamiliar street, their eyes were drawn to a figure lying limp on the ground next to a familiar motorcycle that Olivia recognized instantly.

"Scott?!" Olivia ran forward, leaving Stiles and Lydia running after her. Fear coursed through her veins as she hovered over his body that was showing no signs of movement. She bent down and listened to his chest, straining her ears for a heart beat. After a fearful moment or two, she heard a muffled thump-thump. Olivia felt a weight being lifted off herself and sat back up. Without wasting any more time than they had, she slapped him across the face.

Not even a half a second after, Scott sat straight up extremely alarmed while holding his red cheek.

Scott groaned, opening his eyes to three very concerned friends who were yelling at him. "Did you slap me?" he exasperated at Olivia who looked at him with no sympathy whatsoever.

She didn't blink. "Yeah."

Scott took a minute to just process what had just happened and what happened before he was left unconscious. He suddenly jumped up off the ground, "Barrow, he took Kira." he said.

Stiles and Olivia both answered, "We know." they said.

"He was after her this whole time." Stiles rubbed her forehead.

"We have to think of something, he's going to kill her." Scott pressed to the frantic group of teens.

"Yes, Scott, we are quite aware." Olivia said, annoyed at how many times he had said that exact same phrase in the matter of like five minutes. Olivia racked through her own tired brain as she tried to think of a possible solution. Each time she thought she had something, an unknown variable came waltzing into her mind and ruining it. And Olivia hated unknown variables in her equations.

Even though she wasn't the most emotionally stable, she tried her hardest to focus on reason instead of the percentage of the plans actually succeeding.

Olivia looked over to the other girl that was standing right besides her who looked rather bothered by something even though the area around them was dead silent.

"Lyds. You knew he was here, right?" Her question gained the attention of the group, the spotlight on her. Lydia nodded slowly ,unsure at what she was getting at. "How?" Something had to have given the strawberry blonde some type of clue that Barrow was here. Olivia waited for everyone to catch on to what she was thinking about, but no one did.

"The flies!" Olivia finished, the others' jaws becoming unhinged slightly to the realization. "...slow." she muttered, wondering how these people actually got shit down before she came along. "We followed your directions to where Kira lives, the sound of the flies got louder and louder until we found Scott on the ground."

"What do you hear now?" Scott asked, finally catching onto what she was getting at.

Once again, Lydia closed her eyes and focused on the buzzing sounds around her. The bugs, slight wind, and even her friends breathing were loud to her.

She opened her eye's in defeat. "Nothing. I feel like I can do this. But I don't know what to do." Lydia sighed as the frustration was getting to her. "It's like it's on the tip of my tongue, and I don't know how to trigger it." She ran her hands through her hair, pulling at her scalp, trying to think of any ways to help. The frustrated girl stepped far from the group and sighed heavily, "I just...I swear to God it makes me want to scream."

Stiles slowly inched toward her coming to a conclusion. "Okay, then scream. Lydia."

And without a single hesitation a scream erupted from the petite girl.

Olivia felt like her head was going to explode or just pop off at the sound. The blood hurtling scream ripped through the air and in'n out of each ear. The brunette's hands flew to each of her ears as a ( failed ) attempt to drown out some of it.

Olivia's ears were ringing. She couldn't even tell if Lydia had stopped screaming. Her head was pounding like a drum set, almost throbbing from the pain that had come from the one powerful scream. The last few weeks had not been the best for her sound wise and well, let's face it, just all of the above. So, this amount of sound tore straight through her ears.

Lydia had stopped screaming and everyone released their hands from their ears, except Olivia who still had no clue she had stopped. A small amount of blood was trickling down each side of her ears when her hands came off her head and she simply ignored it. Probably ruptured eardrum at most.

Stiles didn't let it go by unnoticed though.

He hurried to her side and slowly pushed away some of her long brown hair and looked at her with such pain in his eyes, you would have thought he was the one slightly deaf. The moment between the two was cut short by Lydia gracing them with her new knowledge.

"It's not flies."

She whirled around to face the other three, who flinched when she turned around, and smiled, "It's electricity."

Olivia stared blankly at them. "Did she say something?"

☾☾☾

Now the group were at a power station — more specifically, the one where Barrow worked at. It was the most prone one where the man could be holding Kira at, so they took a chance.

The car ride there was silent and consisted of Olivia hitting her head against the window trying to gain her hearing back which finally worked after she hit her head so hard there was going to be a bruise there tomorrow.

Stiles, of course, yelled at her as to why she did that and she just smiled, proud that it had actually worked. Lydia just watched the two bicker from her spot in the back and scoffed, wondering when those two were just going to jump each other's bones, annoyed at the tension everytime she were in a room with them.

Stiles hopped out of the jeep and grabbed his metal bat that was living in his trunk. Olivia jumped out the other side and was stopped. "Wait, what are you doing?" Stiles asked her.

"What do you think I'm doing? Helping." She slammed the door shut and stood next to him.

"No, no you're not. Too dangerous." Stiles argued with the brunette who looked at him like he was crazy.

"Why do you get to go then?" She argued back at him like a toddler who was throwing a level five tantrum in the middle of a grocery store.

"Because I have a big metal bat."

"And I have super quaky-powers and can actually win a fight." Liv retorted, raising her eyebrows in a sign of winning the argument. Stiles didn't know how to respond to that one bit so he, reluctantly, shut up and unhappily allowed her to come, leaving Lydia in the car.

The pair ran through the big building together, lost. They had no clue as to where Kira might be. Olivia stopped in the middle of the enormous room that they were in, which had multiple windows like a warehouse and was extremely spacious.

"We should split up." Olivia said.

He was hesitant at first, like very hesitant. He thought about it, thought about those scary movies and how the person who says that always dies in a matter of seconds. He shook his head. "There is no way we are doing that, like, no way in hell." he finalized.

"Stiles, there's not enough of us to cover this huge building. I'll be fine." Olivia stated like that statement alone was going to convince him.

He rolled his eyes, "That's what they always say in horror movies and this might as well be one at this point," he argued.

Olivia huffed annoyedly at his argument. Not that he was wrong, if anything, he was completely right. But, it was better if one of them found Kira alive and well than both of them running around and not finding her.

"Stiles. If she dies just because we didn't split up-"

"Do not pull that card-"

"I'm being dead serious right now. This is the most logical solution for right now. I will call you if anything happens. Just know that I can fight, you have a metal bat, and there is only one psychopath running around in this building. It will be as fine as it can get in this county." Olivia winced at the last part.

Stiles looked visibly stumped as she listed her argument. He didn't want to be wasting any more time than they could spare, which was none, and that's what they were doing right now. He knew she could fight damn well, but it didn't subside his worry. "Fuck, fine. I swear you better call me if anything happens, anything!" Stiles was already halfway out of the room, then he was gone.

Olivia watched him run out the other door while she started running out the other one. It opened into a hallway that was boxed with four cement walls. It was frigid inside the power plant. She shivered and attempted to keep herself warm by running around and looking into every room she passed by. It was dark and she had to strain her eyes to even see a simple chair. It felt like the deeper she wandered into the plant, the deeper the dark became, like it was trying to swallow her whole.

Her head became heavy too, starting to have to catch her breath frequently. When her head felt like it was going to fall off her head, she stopped and could feel herself be lost in her own thoughts. When she opened her eyes she was staring at a cement wall, the next time they opened, she was looking at the cement floor, closing once more and not opening up again.

rewritten

Why did past me write this chapter so short? Like it took me about 15 minutes to rewrite this?? 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.6K 1.7K 41
"π΅π“Šπ“‰ π“ƒπ‘œπ“‰π’½π’Ύπ“ƒ' π’Ύπ“ˆ 𝒷𝑒𝓉𝓉𝑒𝓇 π“ˆπ‘œπ“‚π‘’π“‰π’Ύπ“‚π‘’π“ˆ π’ͺ𝓃𝒸𝑒 π“Œπ‘’'𝓋𝑒 π’·π‘œπ“‰π’½ π“ˆπ’Άπ’Ύπ’Ή π‘œπ“Šπ“‡ π‘”π‘œπ‘œπ’Ήπ’·π“Žπ‘’π“ˆ 𝐿𝑒𝓉'π“ˆ π’Ώπ“Šπ“ˆπ“‰ 𝓁𝑒𝓉 𝒾�...
2.6K 198 13
"𝐒𝐟 𝐒 𝐝𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 π›πšπœπ€? 𝐰𝐑𝐨'𝐬 𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐀𝐧𝐨𝐰? π¦πšπ²π›πž...
662 30 8
【Book Two ---- Season Two】 In a world where everything is falling apart in secrecy, ThaΓ­s faces the fact that the truth comes out one way or another...
430 32 13
Each chapter is episode based. I don't own teen wolf or any characters/plot. This is just a bit of a retelling with some differences to the show. Ho...