The Freak| Jimmy Darling

By averyemotionalperson

(COMPLETED) After escaping her abusive and neglectful father, Melanie Oswald does what every kid dreams of... More

Chapter One.
Chapter Two.
Chapter Three
Chapter Four.
Chapter Five.
Chapter Six.
Chapter Seven.
Chapter Eight.
Chapter Nine.
Chapter Ten.
Chapter Eleven.
Chapter Twelve.
Chapter Thirteen.
Chapter Fourteen.
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen.
Chapter Seventeen.
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen.
Chapter Twenty.
Chapter Twenty Two.
Chapter Twenty Three.
Chapter Twenty Four.
Chapter Twenty Five.
Chapter Twenty Six.
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight.
Chapter Twenty Nine.
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One.
Epilogue.

Chapter Twenty One.

1.2K 38 11
By averyemotionalperson

After everyone left the table from lunch, I walked towards my caravan. As I was walking, Penny came up to me. I gasped as I looked at her. She had tattoos all over her face and her tongue was forked. I hugged her.

"I didn't notice while we were in there. What happened?" I asked frantically.

Tears fell down from her eyes. "My dad," she answered shortly.

I nodded. "I'm so sorry. But as long as you're here, you never have to see him again," I said.

"I know. I'm not sure if Paul loves me anymore," she said sadly.

"Penny, I know for a fact that Paul would never judge someone based on their looks. He knows what that feels like. He loves people for who they are as a person. And he loves you, Penny," I said.

She smiled softly. "Thank you for that," she said and wiped her tears.

"You're welcome. Now go talk to him. I'm sure he'd love to talk," I said.

She nodded and hurried away. I smiled and walked into the caravan. Thankfully, Jimmy wasn't there. I placed my suitcase back underneath my bed. Then I sat down on the bed and stared at the ceiling.

After awhile, I turned my head towards the window. I saw Ethel walking towards the main tent. She looked angry. With a sigh, I got up and ran out the door. I caught up to her and turned her around.

"Ethel? What's going on?" I asked.

Her eyes looked different. They were a mix between angry, tired, and scary. They were missing the love they normally had.

"Nothing, sweetheart. Go back to your bed and rest. I'm sure you haven't slept a wink since you heard the news," she said.

"Are you really sick?" I asked.

She looked taken aback. "My sickness is progressing, but it's not too bad," she whispered.

"Oh okay. We're gonna get through this together," I said, taking her hand.

She looked at my hand and gave a smile. A fake one.

"I know. Now go back to bed. You need it," she said.

I smiled and looked to her side pocket. There was a gun.

"Ethel, why do you have that gun?" I asked sternly.

"Shhh! It's not mine. I'm holding for-" she paused a second like she was thinking. "I'm holding it for Dell," she said.

"Dell? Why the fuck would you hold his gun?" I asked.

"He asked me to. I'm giving it back now. It's nothing for you to worry about," she said.

"Okay," I began, sounding like I didn't believe her. "I'm gonna go lay down. I'll see you later, okay?" I asked.

"Yeah. I love you," she said, giving me a hug.

"I love you too. Are you sure you're okay?" I asked.

"Yes. I'm fine. Goodbye, honey," she said, caressing my cheek. Then she turned around and left.

I was concerned, but also really tired. So I walked back to my bed and laid down slowly.

As time passed, I just stared at the ceiling and sometimes out the window. My thoughts kept me busy. When I checked the clock, I realized that it was eight o'clock and I had missed dinner. But I didn't care. I wasn't that hungry. Suddenly, a loud bang ran over the tents. I sat up quickly before realizing that it could be people moving the attractions. I let out a relieved sigh.

Maggie and Jimmy bursted through the door. They were talking. They stopped when they looked at me. I sat up.

"We didn't know you were back. I'm sorry," Maggie said.

"Don't apologize. She was just leaving," Jimmy said.

"Me? I'm not going anywhere," I said.

"Can't you go sleep with Suzi or Eve?" He asked.

"Why should I go when Maggie has got a tent?" I asked.

Jimmy didn't answer. He just scoffed and grabbed some clothes.

"Goodddddnighhhht!" I said teasingly as they left. Jimmy slammed the door.

I scoffed and laid back. Soon enough, I fell asleep.

The Next Day.

I woke up slowly. I stretched as I got up. Then I put on some clothes and checked the clock. It was 1:43. Holy shit. I never sleep that late. I walked out of my caravan and was surprised when I didn't see anyone outside. I heard crying though. I ran to the source of the noise and saw everyone standing around Jimmy, who was having a mental break down.

I ran to them. "What's going on?" I asked Eve.

She looked towards everyone else. "Maggie, show us where she is," she said.

"Jimmy you shouldn't come along," Paul said.

"I want to see her!" He yelled through tears.

No. They can't be talking about Ethel.

Maggie started walking. She was leading us to something.

"Pick up the pace!" Jimmy yelled.

Maggie started jogging and we all followed. I knew it was Ethel from the moment I saw Jimmy's face. Sure enough, Ethel had killed herself in a car.

I screamed and threw up in the bushes. Elsa started wailing and dropped to her knees. Jimmy started crying hysterically.

Something inside of me snapped. I didn't cry. I didn't feel anything. I just stood and watched as everyone around me mourned. The only mother figure I had is dead.

I turned around and ran. I don't know if anyone called after me, but they probably didn't. They probably didn't care. Nobody does.

I ran until I reached my caravan door. I threw it open and grabbed a knife out of one of our drawers. I raised it to my throat. Was this it? Was this all that life had to offer? Cause if so, I want out.

Suddenly, someone came rushing in the door. Jimmy. He was a mess.

"Take one more step and I'll fucking do it," I warned. Tears were finally pouring from my eyes.

"Melanie? What are you doing?" He asked.

"I'm having a tea party. What does it look like I'm doing?" I asked sarcastically.

"Cmon, Melanie. You don't want to do this," he said through tears.

"Why not? Everyone is dying or leaving. What's one more person?" I asked.

"Melanie. Do you really think the show can handle any more death? Do you think I can handle more death?" He questioned.

"Jimmy, you don't care about me," I said with a sniffle.

"Bullshit. Of course I care about you," he said.

"Really? Cause you were gonna leave forever without saying goodbye. Like I didn't mean shit. Do I really mean shit to you?!" I yelled.

"Melanie, stop. Don't you get it? I was never going to leave without saying goodbye. Hell, I'm probably not gonna leave either. But I was so excited to have someone who finally loved me in that way," he explained.

"I love you. We love you. Isn't that enough?" I asked.

He paused. "I need more than family. And I need it more than ever. Everyone's dying. I can't lose my mother and my best friend in the same day. I just can't. So please put it down," he said.

"It will take it all away. All of the pain," I said, holding it closer.

"Melanie, please. Please don't go," he said.

His voice broke. Tears streamed down his face.

I lowered the knife and dropped it to the ground. I let out a sob as I looked at his relieved face. He ran to me and hugged me. We sobbed on each other's shoulders and didn't let go.

"I'm so sorry," I whispered.

"I'm sorry too," he said.

Best friends never leave each other no matter how far away they are. Even if Jimmy had left with Maggie, he'd still be with me. And if I had actually left, I'd never make up with Jimmy. I guess that's something to live for. Jimmy is something to live for.

This grieving process is gonna be hard as fuck.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.7K 493 33
[SLOW UPDATES] When Max and her twin sister, Mar, move to Hawkins Indiana they find a small group and quickly fit in, or at least they think they do...
66.6K 3.3K 44
Unravel the cruel string of fate. Tell me, are you happy with what you saw? ━━━ Percy Jackson & the Olympians FEM!OC...
54.2K 3.3K 43
UPDATE: I know that I have Bette and Dot confused so when you read it, just imagine they're the other way around, I'd change it all but that would ta...