Trouble, She Comes || Kol Mik...

By lenaf327

The Earth is her canvas to paint black with her unrelenting desires to cause mischief. Banned from Mount Olym... More

Cast + Trailer
Playlist
Epigraph
Prologue
Act I: Chapter 1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
Atë Video
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
Not a chapter update
21
22
23
24
25
26
Authors note
27
28
29
Act ii
Author's note
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35

13

5.6K 163 19
By lenaf327

Back in Mystic Falls High School, a group of teenagers, led by the one and only imperiously charming Caroline Forbes, set up the gym for the upcoming decade dance. Wanting to find out more about Esther's plan, Atë arrives on school grounds to see if 'Rebekah' is making an appearance to help. Esther somehow placed a strong mental block on her mind, so the goddess struggled to get in her head to figure out the exact details for whatever she has planned tonight.

Some of the students turn their attention away from the decorations in front of them to instead focus on the stranger waltzing in, exemplifying unwavering confidence. When the doppelgänger lays eyes on the goddess, she tenses up a bit but tries to shake it off. "Callista, what are you doing here?"

Atë surveys the room to see Matt and Jeremy near a ladder watching her carefully and then lays eyes on some balloons in a plastic bag on the table. She carefully picks up a red balloon and blows it up while maintaining mischievous eye contact with Elena. A faint smirk toys on her lips as she perfectly ties a knot at the base of the balloon.

Without even glancing at the blonde yet, Atë hands the balloon to Caroline while keeping her eyes trained on Elena, "I figured I could help."

Caroline attempts to make her presence known, feeling invisible to the mysterious girl who has been aiding the Mikaelsons in stopping Esther from killing them all. She sassily lets out, "We don't need your help."

The goddess raises an eyebrow at Elena, testing her. The doe eyed brunette glances at her friend, "Caroline, you were just complaining about how Rebekah didn't show up to help even though she's head of the committee." Atë smiles pleasantly at the human, satisfied she didn't turn her away like her friend. She takes note of 'Rebekah' not being present, so that must mean Esther is off preparing her plan.

The blonde lets out a frustrated groan, "Fine, but it doesn't mean I trust you." Atë shrugs her shoulders, her intention not being to make Elena's friends trust her.

Caroline whips her body around to turn her attention to Matt and Jeremy attempting to hang shiny cardboard stars and exclaims loudly, "What are you doing? You can't just hang them! They're supposed to trickle down." The two guys shake their heads incredulously at the girl but does what she says.

Caroline mutters out as Atë blows up another balloon, "Look at them all bromancey."

The goddess watches on carefully as Elena peers at her brother with a worried look on her features, "Yeah, I asked Matt to help Jeremy to readjust. He got him his old job back at the grill."

"That was nice of him," the blonde responds.

Elena glances up from her task, "Mm-hmm. Jeremy's got a lot on his mind. The whole thing with Alaric has got him really stressed out."

The blonde crosses her arms over her chest and turns to face her friend head on. Her words come out in a teasing manner, "You sure it had nothing to do with witnessing you and Damon getting hot and heavy in a skeevy hotel room?"

Despite the goddess already knowing this took place after peering into Elena's mind the other night, she joins in with the teasing by letting out a mocking surprised gasp, "Elena! You naughty girl. In front of your brother? Have some decency the next time you pucker lips with Damon."

Elena's mouth drops open, feeling embarrassed by the goddess' words despite them being embellished. Caroline can't help but snicker at the comments. She rolls her eyes at the two, "Caroline, I didn't tell you that so you could torture me with it and Callista, it wasn't like that."

Atë lets out mm-hmm in fake agreement as the blonde jokes, "Ah, what are friends for?" Elena chuckles in response as Caroline continues on with her friend as if someone on the Mikaelson side wasn't standing right next to her, "So who you bringing to the dance?"

Elena drapes a black boa across her body in a playful manner as she asks, "What do you mean? I thought you, Bonnie, and I were going as girl dates."

The blonde chuckles, "Bonnie has a date." Elena wonders about this, so her friend elaborates, "Jamie called and wanted to see her, so she asked him. So here's a thought, why don't you ask Stefan?"

She stutters, "I-I can't ask him on a date."

Atë pipes in, "Of course you can."

Elena ignores the comment and lowers her voice, "I just made out with his brother."

"All the more reason. Look, you're supposed to be figuring out what you want. That's what Stefan wanted you to do, right?"

"Yeah but-"

"But nothing! I've watched the Bachelor. Okay, fair is fair. It is Stefan's turn."

Atë smirks and glances at the young vampire, "I like you." Finishing the conversation about Stefan versus Damon, the goddess coyly badgers her, "Although Elena I have to say, Damon does seem like he would be better in bed." Even though Caroline is team Stefan all the way, she chuckles at 'Callista's statement while Elena gasps and throws the black boa at the goddess.

Jeremy attentively watches on at the seemingly friendly exchange between his sister that he will always protect and the so called Goddess of Mischief and Ruin that Rose warned him about. As Caroline wanders off to boss more people around, the younger Gilbert climbs down the ladder and makes his way over to the two brunettes.

He locks eyes with Atë in an intense, skeptical manner as he asks Elena, "Elena, what is your friend doing here helping set up for a dance in a school she doesn't go to?"

Elena carefully responds, "She just wanted to help, Jer."

"Isn't she the one who helped Kol beat up Damon back in Kansas?"

"In my defense, I didn't actually touch Damon. That was all Kol's handy work," she interjects in a snarky manner. "I came here to actually find Rebekah since she's been acting strange today but since she was a no show, I decided to lend a hand."

In a brief moment, Atë explores Jeremy's mind, identifying his intention to protect his sister from her since he knows who she really is. "That nosy ghost bitch told you, didn't she?"

He nods his head, "Rose told me about your exchanges. Elena, how could you be so naive in continuously talking to a so called goddess?"

Elena looks down, not particularly being fond of being called out by her younger brother. Atë jumps in, "I'm not a so called goddess, I am one. Jeez, get it right."

The doppelgänger tries to defend her actions, "I know she hasn't exactly been on our side Jer, but she knows things and is strong, so there was a time I thought she would help us defeat Klaus. Even though she won't anymore, I don't think she will harm us."

"She's using you, Elena."

Atë scrunches her eyebrows, "No, I'm really not."

The overconfident brother glares at the goddess, "I don't believe a word you say. I'm sure others would agree with me if they find out what you are."

His words are threatening, yet the goddess isn't concerned with it. She narrows her eyes at him and jumps into his mind. After a moment, he blinks a few times and takes a step back, "Whoa, when did I get over here?" He sees Caroline rushing over to Matt to comment on the stars again, so Jeremy makes his way back over to his friend.

Elena's head whips to Atë who is standing there with a prevalent smirk on her lips. "What did you do to my brother?"

She shrugs her shoulders, "He was annoying me, so I wiped his memory of Rose telling him about my true identity. He's fine otherwise though, don't worry."

Elena scoffs, "You shouldn't have done that."

Atë challenges her, "Says the one who got Damon to compel him away to Colorado in the first place without his consent." Elena blinks back at her words, knowing that the goddess has a point, although she doesn't want to admit it. "Look, it's better he doesn't know instead of me threatening to harm him if he tells someone. In a way, I'm actually protecting him." If people are going to find out about her godly status, it was going to be from the source herself.

"From yourself."

Atë thinks about it for a second and smiles, "Exactly!" The doppelgänger rolls her eyes, unsure as to why she still lets the goddess hang around her, not that she can really do anything about it anyways.

<><><><><>

Klaus heads out of the house dressed exquisitely to go find Caroline at the dance, briefly smiling at 'Callista' in passing. The girl makes her way inside to find Kol with a bottle of tequila in his hand, turning up some upbeat music.

"So is our plan to get drunk while everyone else dances the night away at the 20s themed dance?"

The vampire glances at the tequila, then the speaker, and back to the brunette standing before him and smiles, "Yes." The tequila bottle is extended towards her, so she takes a swig of the liquor.

She removes the bottle from her lips with a grin on her face, "Tequila I can get behind." She still couldn't get belligerently drunk on it, but tequila is always a fun time.

"I want to suggest a drinking game." Atë raises her eyebrows to encourage him to continue with his thought, "I'm going to make a statement about you. If I guess right, you have to take a drink. If I am wrong, I drink."

She peculiarly glances at him, wondering what he's getting at. "And here I thought you were going to suggest strip poker."

He chuckles at her comment, her assumption being his second choice if she rejects his proposal. "I told you I want to know more about you and you said you weren't going to stop me." Atë recalls their conversation back in Denver about this topic.

The goddess pulls her lips into a straight line, "Fine, but I think you're going to end up on the floor tonight and I'm just going to laugh."

The pair sits casually on the rug with the bottle of alcohol in the middle of them. Kol analyzes the girl, "I know I already asked this before and you said no, but I want to make sure. You're a witch."

Atë lets out a laugh, "Drink." Kol does as she says and takes another sip.

"You're a supernatural being."

"I guess I could fall under that category," she responds, allowing the taste of the tequila to hit her tongue.

The vampire thinks for a moment, "You're a...siren." His statement comes out more as a question. Atë grins and shakes her head.

Kol sits dumbfounded for a moment before formulating a helpful question that will offer him more answers, "You're immortal." The goddess takes a big sip of the tequila this time, indicating Kol is on the right track. "Hmm, good to know." The boy smiles to himself, pleased that she isn't aging. "You are younger than me."

The goddess tricks him briefly by reaching for the bottle, only to shove it in his hand. He stares at her a bit shocked that she is older than a thousand years old, "Really?"

Atë nods her head, causing Kol's head to tip back as he takes another sip, still caught off guard with the newly acquired information. He levels his head to look at her dead in the eye, "Okay seriously, what are you?"

She playfully pouts, "I thought this game just included statements, not questions." He returns the pouting look, dying on the inside to know everything about her. She leans forward with a twinkle in her eye as she evenly states, "I'm not sure you would believe me, even if I told you."

"Try me."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

704K 18.2K 24
One day on Olympus, the gods agreed to test their powers and see what they could do. Which resulted in them creating a whole new goddess named (Y/n)...
232K 9.8K 36
Where a bored fairy leaves her homeland to travel around the human world. To learn new things and have adventures. Which she will and much more... Va...
1.3K 29 15
*COMPLETED-25K+ WORDS* Bella Cooper is defiant and strong, even when her modernized finishing school for girls tries to rip her opinionated personali...
702K 11.4K 68
#86 in Random on 30/5/17 Information: Y/N = Your name Y/L/N = Your Last name Do you want to have your own custom imagine? Just message me using these...