My Bestfriend's Neighbor!

By Faby1331

This Story is about two best friends, Jennifer and Melanie. They know each other since Kindergarten and alway... More

CHAPTER 1 - BEST FRIENDS
CHAPTER 2 - THE NEW NEIGHBORS
CHAPTER 3 - FRIDAY DINNER
CHAPTER 4 - JAKE, THE NEIGHBOR
CHAPTER 5 - THE AFTER DINNER TALK
CHAPTER 6 - AN UNEXPECTED SITUATION
CHAPTER 7 - THE DINNER DO OVER
CHAPTER 8 - GIRLS NIGHT OUT
CHAPTER 9 - GETTING HOME
CHAPTER 10 - THE NEXT MORNING
CHAPTER 11 - THE GALA
CHAPTER 12 - A NIGHT FULL OF SURPRISES
CHAPTER 13 - DRUNK VS SOBER
CHAPTER 14 - AVOINDING JAKE
CHAPTER 15 - A WORK DAY FULL OF SURPRISES
CHAPTER 16 - DISTRACTION NEEDED
CHAPTER 17 - CRAZY NIGHT
CHAPTER 18 - SPENDING TIME TOGETHER
CHAPTER 19 - SUNDAY LUNCH
CHAPTER 20 - KNOWING JAKE
CHAPTER 21 - THE TALK
CHAPTER 22 - JAKE + I = FUTURE?
CHAPTER 23 - A DINNER FULL OF SURPRISES
CHAPTER 24 - THE BIRTHDAY PRESENT
CHAPTER 25 - THE CEREMONY
CHAPTER 26 - GETTING SOME ANSWERS
CHAPTER 28 - LIFE OR DEATH?
CHAPTER 29 - WHAT NOW?
CHAPTER 30 - HOPE
CHAPTER 31 - WAKING UP
CHAPTER 32 - STAYING WITH JAKE
CHAPTER 33 - LAST TOUCHES FOR THE BIG DAY!
CHAPTER 34 - MEL'S AND SEANS WEDDING DAY!

CHAPTER 27 - LIFE CHANGING NIGHT

2 0 0
By Faby1331

I manage to spend the rest of the Week focused on my Work. The Time at home is the worst though...because I just can't stop thinking about the whole Sharon Story and I'm afraid to talk with Jake about it. I know we're gonna fight again.

As soon I leave Work I think about coming by at Jake's place, although we haven't been talking all Week, I need to speak to him. Mel's right I have to talk to him about this even if it means we're gonna fight or worst even...if that it means...it's over! Ugh! Just the thought of it makes me sad. I think about giving up the idea, but when I realize it I'm already stopping at his place. I park the car and as I finally get some courage to step out of it...I see him stepping out of his building...but he's not alone...I see also...his mother! Oh God!! Did she told him about our talk?!...Oh I hope not! Their hugging each other goodbye...so that's a clear sign that she didn't tell him...but on the other hand she's his mother...he could never get mad at her...I think!

I smile when I see her leaving and think that he's getting inside...but...he's not. Instead he's getting to his car, who's near mine so I hide. Why didn't he get inside?! Where is he going?! I think to myself as I begin to follow him. What am I doing?! I'm not like this...but now it's too late and one side of me wants to know if there's any more secrets that I don't know about or is he just going to hook up with some other girl?! I don't know what to think he hasn't call me since our last fight!

He finally stops at some place that I can't recognize...it's just some green place with many trees...we never went here! And what makes you think he's gonna go to some place you both spend some time together?! My subconscious mocks me! I just sigh and step out of the car to continue to follow him now on foot.

As I follow him into the park I suddenly recognize it...It's not a park it's...the cemetery!! Oh no! What's he doing here? Wait!...Then it hits me...while I'm hiding between a Tree seeing him kneeing in front of a grave stone...could it be?...No it can't...or can it?!...Is it Sharon's Grave?! I try to get a closer look at it, but clumsy as I am I fall and hurt my hand on some Tree Root. "Ouch!" Good one Jen! My subconscious steps in again! Ugh! Now what? He definitely heard that!!

"Who's there? Show yourself!! Don't you have any respect?" He stands up anxious. Oh just Great! "I know you're hiding behind the fucking Tree! Just show yourself!" He now seems angry and I slowly show up behind the Tree. His expression changes and he seems nervous?! I guess.

"W-what are you doing here, Jen? Why are you hiding behind that Tree?" He looks now confused and shocked at me. I bite my lip and before I can answer he continues "Are you following me?!" I nod. "I'm sorry Jake...I was about to come by at your place when I saw you leaving..." He snaps "...And decided to just follow me down here?! That's just great!! You probably thought that I was already cheating on you didn't you?!" I snap back at him "Well...since you don't tell me anything, what choice do I have?! You have been doing it already since we met each other so..." as this last words leave my mouth I put my hands on it to shut myself up...I don't want to tell him what I know this way!! He looks surprised at me "What do you mean?..." I just bite my lip "Nothing...I just...this was a bad idea..."

I turn around to leave the fastest that I can, but he quickly steps in front of me. "Now you're going to finish what you started..." I look at the ground I can't face him right now..."Jennifer..." he begins to insist and I cut him off "I know all about Sharon!" His jaw drops "W-what? How?...Oh my..." I cut him off again "No, it wasn't her! I just don't know why you hide this from me!"

We now face each other "Because...because...if you knew you would just..." he stops himself and I insist "Would what Jake?" He just snaps back at me "Because it's none of your business!! It's something from my past before we met and not significant!" I can't believe him! "It doesn't seem like it...she obviously meant a lot to you...otherwise you wouldn't propose!! The accident wasn't your fault, Jake! You have to forgive yourself!" I try to hug him but he steps away and as he's passing his finger through his hair "Don't you tell me what to do about this issue Jen! You have no right! You don't know how it is...you never felt like I felt about her!! You don't know what love is!" Those words hit my like a lightning!

Tears start to fall down my face and I snap at him "How dare you to tell me that! You don't know what I feel!! You don't know how it is to be with someone who doesn't want to take things serious! You don't know how it is to lie to your best friend about something that you're dying to share with the world! You don't know how it is to feel that you found your soulmate!! YOU don't know what love is! I love you, but I can't take this anymore!!" I leave him alone behind as I run away. I'm done with this!

I cry all the way back home and my phone doesn't stop ringing...it's Jake!! Now he wants to talk?! I'm not up for it!! I can't deal with this anymore!! As I arrive at my place my phone starts to buzz again...I'm sick of this! Why doesn't he stop calling!! Ugh! I pick up angry then ever "Jake I already told you I don't wanna talk...didn't you get it..." and suddenly I'm cut off. "Hey, hey!! Calm down girl...it's me Susan!!" I hear on the other side of the phone. I bite my lip and take a deep breath. "Hey Susan...sorry...I thought it..." and she cuts me off again "Yeah I know...is everything okay?" I almost start to cry again, but stop myself "No, it's not...I'm done with him Susan...I really am!"

"I'm sorry...do you really think that's no chance of you figure things out?" I shake my head "No. But you didn't call me to hear my problems...what do you want to talk about?" I try to change the subject, I don't want to think about this issue any longer.

"Well...I called to know if you want to go to the Club with the guys from Work...we're gonna celebrate the last project that we sold. I think you should come...it'll be good for you!" I shake my head "I don't think I would be a good company today." She insists "Non sense...that's one more reason for you to get out...you need to have fun Jen and to distract yourself!"..."I don't know Su..." and she cuts me quickly off "I'm not taking no for an answer...I'm picking you up at ten..." I try to insist "But..." but she doesn't give me any chance "Bye! See you later!" and hangs up. Ugh! I fall desperate into my couch.

As I'm lying on my couch I check my phone once again...no more missed calls from Jake. I guess he finally gave up and got to his old ways. That thought makes me sad again and as I think about it I cry myself asleep.

Some hours pass and I finally wake up. It's already dark outside...Oh My God! What time is it?! I panic...when I finally reach my phone to see the hours it's already eight! I need to take a shower and decide what to wear...Ugh!

It's almost ten and I'm already getting my makeup on when I hear the doorbell..."Jen I hope you're ready and not still whining on your couch!" I hear Susan yell from the other side of the door...she's so crazy sometimes.

I try to smile when I open the door for her..."Hey..." she smiles at me and we hug. "Come in...I'm almost ready...I'm just getting my makeup done..." she looks shocked at me "You're not going out in this, are you?!" I shrug "What's wrong with this outfit?" I look confused at her and she laughs "You're kidding, right?...What's not wrong with it?!" and grabs me into my bedroom as she opens the closet "You're going out...not to Church!"

I just shake my head..."Now get out of that long skirt and put this on" she troughs some black mini skirt and a shiny white top on the bed. I add a blazer to it and some black high heels. "Now you're ready to party!!" Susan says looking at me excited. I shake my head "I don't know, Susan...I'm just not in the..." and she shuts me up "Nope...you're not bailing me on this one...you're coming and you're gonna have fun. Okay?" I just nod and we go to our favorite bar.

As we arrive at the Bar I immediately see Jake's friends and I panic...I don't need to see him right now!! But I get relieved and a bit disappointed when I see that he's not with them. Where is he then? With some other girl? Stop!! You don't need to think about that right now...you got out to have fun!! I think to myself.

"Hey, Jen! How you doing? Where's Ja..." Nick starts to say when Susan glares at him...He just shrugs and gets us some drinks. "Sorry about that...He doesn't know about you two yet." She smiles at me and I just smile back "It's okay and I'm relieved that Jake's not here right now." Nick finally arrives with our drinks. Thank god!...I needed this!

Some drinks and funny talk later we finally get to the Club. The guys from Work are already there and saved us some table next to theirs. I and Susan decide to grab some drinks for ourselves and as we're waiting for them Susan looks at me all excited "Sooo?! Having fun?" I nod as I sip on my drink as we get back to our table. "That's my girl!...You know...I think that you have some fan in our Workplace!" she says nodding into Trevor's direction and I almost choke on my drink "No...no...no...are you crazy and besides I'm still recovering from...you know!" and we both laugh and she just nods.

I dance so much with the guys on the floor that I never danced before...I don't know if it's the drinks or if I'm really having fun...suddenly I see that I'm dancing really close to Trevor. When I decide to step aside the music stops and I'm relieved so I have the perfect excuse to get back to the other guys. "Why did you let me alone with Trevor?" I ask Susan when I finally reach her.

She shrugs and sipping on her drink answers me "You were having so much fun that I didn't want to interrupt you two...speaking of it don't you want to get back down there?" I look confused at her "I just got back from the dance floor...why would you want me to get back there?...Wait where's Nick?...Is everything ok..." and before I could finish talking and get an answer from her, Nick shows up...but not alone...Jake is with him...and he's...Wasted!! Ugh!! Just what I need..."I'm sorry..." I could read from her lips and just nod.

"Hey girls!!...Having some fun...huh??...What are you doing here?" He looks at me. I just shake my head and ignore him "I'm leaving guys...I had fun...but this is too much. Sorry..." As I'm leaving them and ignoring Jake...he shouts after me..."Yeah...you were having a lot of fun on the dancefloor right now!! You're unbelievable!!" I just keep walking and it seems like he's following me...Ugh! Why doesn't he leave me alone?!

"Hey man...just let her be...you'll talk when you're sober." I hear Nick try to talk some sense into him. But he just doesn't listen and before I know it he's already grabbing my arm. "Would you just fucking stop for a minute?!" I stop and snap at him "Why don't you just leave me alone...we don't have anything to talk about!! We're done Jake!!"

I run into the ladies bathrooms from the Club. I'm only getting out of here when it's safe. He's not getting in here!...so I think...but before I notice I hear some girls screaming "Jen...get out!! We need to talk!!" Is he crazy?!

I get out of the toilet and face him shocked "Are you crazy...you can't get in here..." and before I can continue he pushes me into the bathroom again. "You drive me crazy you know that, right?" I just shake my head and there are some tears wanting to roll down my face "I'm not going to talk to you when you like this...drunk! You really hurt me and I'm not ready to deal with this right now."

He tries to kiss me but I escape from his move "I'm sorry, Jenifer...I really am...can we just move on, please...I missed you." Is he for real? I shake my head "No...Jake...we can't just pretend that nothing happened!" He sighs and pulls me closer to him and we kiss.

Oh! I missed this...but we have to talk about this. I push him away "Stop! I can't do this!" and storm out of the bathroom. He tries to come after me and to reach for me "Stop...I'm going home...I'm not going to talk about this now with you like that...you can't just kiss me and think that everything's okay!"

He snaps at me "You say you love me...but you don't have time for us...but you have time to dance with some other guys! You're unbelievable!" I look shocked at him "Yeah...I saw you two..." I slap him "How dare you?! I really do love you, but you just don't let anybody in there!! You don't love me...you love to be a playboy...never talk to me again!" He tries to stop me "Jen wait..." but is interrupted by...Trevor. "Hey man just let her go!!" He snaps and punches him.

I run shocked with all that scene away from the Club..."Jen wait please!" I stop and face him "For what Jake?! So you can talk some more trash about me...the person that you say that you love?!...No...that's not love...I don't even know how you ever..." and I stop myself. It's like he knew what I was about to say..."Me neither...but I did...and now...I'm feeling this with you and I don't know..." I cut him off..."Then when you do...call me...otherwise forget about us...I'm tired of this...you have to grow up Jake!" I snap and start to run away from him in tears again.

"Jenwatch out!!" I just hear him shout out after me...

Curious for what's happening next?

Don't miss the next chapter, guys! Vote and comment! ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 48.1K 77
At the age of twenty, Liam Dupont has too much on his plate. After the death of his parents, he becomes the guardian of his little brother and moves...
60.1K 1.6K 43
Childhood friends enter high school no longer speaking to each other, it's their senior year, and they are partnered up to do a project that's worth...
6.1M 190K 37
Isobel's world is turned upside down when she meets a mysterious guy who reveals a devastating secret about her boyfriend...
121K 4.3K 32
Aren't one sided crushes fun? NOT! 18 year old Melody Jenkins has spent the last 3 years of high school crushing on one guy, Jake Kensington, who see...