Champagne Problems

By lizziexxwrites

{theo raeken ff} Megan Clarke is the new girl in Beacon Hills and is worried about fitting in. She thinks tha... More

season four
1 : new beginnings
2 : uninvited guests
3 : lacrosse
4 : missing
5 : deadpool
6 : the truth comes out
7 : mexico
8 : the full moon
season five
9 : mystery boy
10 : there's a wolf
11 : intense
12 : protection
13 : driving lessons
14 : book club
15 : burning jeep
17 : the bite
18 : supermoon
19 : the nemeton
20 : deal with the devil
21 : dread doctors
22 : what am i?
23 : the blind alpha
24 : help from the enemy
25 : see you in hell
season six
26 : compass
27 : party
28 : down in the bunker
29 : back from hell
30 : break the sword
31 : part of the pack
32 : DNA
33 : exposed
34 : not completely innocent
35 : the zoo
36 : final countdown
author's note

16 : the kiss

253 6 1
By lizziexxwrites

When we reached the McCall residence, I was heartbroken to find out that Hayden and Liam had been taken by the Dread Doctors. Maybe not so upset about Hayden because she hadn't been that nice to me, but definitely worried about Liam, he was my best friend and I hadn't been there for him when he needed me. Over the past few weeks, we hadn't seen each other as much, and now I realised that I should have reached out to him; should have tried to talk to him because now he was gone and I had no idea whether I would ever see him again.

Malia was the one that told us the news and I almost started crying at the thought of never seeing my best friend again; Mason was at the house too and he hugged me. Promising me that this wasn't my fault and that we would find Liam, everything was going to be okay. But how could it? In Beacon Hills things never seemed to be okay, they just always seemed to be getting worse and I didn't know how I was going to manage if I lost my best friend. Mason had managed to uncover another Chimera called Corey and he seemed nice enough, he went to our school but I didn't recognise him. Once again, I kicked myself for not paying attention because this was another student that I had never seen before.

Now we were stood in the lounge, waiting for Scott who had gone to see Kira after her getting arrested that morning. I tried to keep calm, knowing that Scott would have a plan and would know exactly what to do but I think the others could sense that I wasn't okay because Theo intertwined our fingers. We hadn't had a conversation about us, deciding that our relationship didn't need to be discussed right now but it was nice to know that I could count on him to reassure me; just him holding me hand was enough to calm me down. Then I heard the front door slam shut and I was panicking again, my head turned towards where Scott was walking and I prayed that he knew what he was doing.

"Hey, is Kira okay?" Stiles questioned but Scott didn't stop, he just kept walking straight past us, ignoring us as if we weren't there.

"Scott?"

We glanced at each other as Scott ran past us, up the stairs and we tried to follow him but I wasn't as fast as he is. By the time, Malia, Stiles, Theo and I had reached the bedroom; Scott had already stuck his claws into the back of Corey's neck. I wasn't really sure what he was doing because I hadn't seen this being done before but it looked painful, for both of them. Maybe it was something that only supernatural creatures could do, if so, I was glad that I hadn't worked out what I was yet because I didn't like the look of it.

"Don't get too close." Lydia warned, holding up her arm as she saw us approaching the room.

"What is he doing?" Theo asked, obviously thinking the same thing as me.

"Tapping into Corey's memories. It's usually something only Alpha's do."

"Is it as dangerous as it looks?"

Stiles shrugged, leaning on the doorframe. "Probably more."

"Does anyone know if it's working?" He asked another question as everyone had the same fearful expression on their faces; no one knew if it was working.

Instantly Scott retracts his claws and Stiles runs to his side, helping him lean against the cupboards next to him for support as a lot of energy was used through that technique. Corey didn't seem to be taking it as well as Scott was, as it was obvious that he was freaking out after experiencing something that he had never been through before. "Is he okay?"

"What the hell did you do to me?" Corey yelled, as Mason checked the back of his neck.

"You'll be alright."

"There's blood."

Scott was getting his breath back and seemed to be getting more frustrated the more time was being spent on this, he was like everyone else, he wanted to find Liam. "You'll heal."

"Scott-"

"He'll be fine!" He interrupted, grabbing some paper and a pen as he began to draw what he had seen. "Listen, I think it worked. I saw something. There were tunnels, pipes along the walls. There were these two huge blue pipes at the entrance. Two on both sides."

"Wait a second, I know this." Stiles said, looking over his friends' shoulder at the drawing. "I've seen this before. That's one of the tunnels I used to skateboard in, remember my dad caught me and told me never to go back?"

Lydia nodded, understanding what they were seeing. "It's the water treatment plant."

"That's where they are. That's where we'll find Liam and Hayden."

Scott didn't waste anymore time as he bounced down the stairs, knowing that they couldn't waste anymore time because they didn't know whether Liam and Mason were safe or not. He didn't want to wait to find out, he wanted to find them now and he wanted to make sure that they were okay. I felt the same way, we couldn't wait and discuss anymore; now we just needed to act and do something to save the people that we cared about. Maybe it was an irrational decision but we couldn't chance their likeliness of surviving, especially not with things like the Dread Doctors involved.

"Scott, slow down. Just think for a second, okay?" Stiles tried to talk some sense into his friend but it wasn't working. "Mason shouldn't be going."

Mason shook his head. "Liam's my best friend. I'm going."

"Me too." I said, moving to stand next to the group that were going looking for Liam and Hayden. "I've been a lousy friend recently and I want to make it up to him, I want to help."

"Oh, did you both suddenly get super wolf powers? I wasn't aware of that development."

"Well, if you're not going then I could use the help." Scott shrugged, thankful for the extra bodies that could help in the search for his friend. He knew that we may not have special powers but he didn't need us for that, he needed us because we were hellbent on finding our friend and nothing was going to stop us.

"No, I'm coming, just as soon as I talk to my dad." Stiles reassured him, not wanting to be left out of another supernatural mission. "They're moving the body and he wants to make sure that this time, no one steals it."

"How's he going to do that?"

"I don't know. But whatever took the last one was strong enough to flip my jeep."

"We can bring Theo?" Malia offered, thinking that having another supernatural creature on our side could help.

"Maybe I better stay here." He said calmly, which made me frown because I wanted him to come with us but knew that he had a good reason to stay behind. "In case the Doctors decide to make a house call for Corey."

"Scott, Stiles is right." Lydia argued, trying to stop him from moving too fast with his plan. "We need to slow down and think."

"I am thinking, about how Liam and Hayden could already be dead."

"You could've hurt him, Scott, really hurt him."

Scott seemed to push away that factor because in that moment nothing else mattered, this was his pack and he needed to protect it. "I have to find Liam."

Mason followed Scott out of the door and Malia talked to Stiles about letting him know exactly what was happening. I was about to follow the boys out, thinking that no one needed to talk to me but then a hand grabbed my arm and I was pulled into someone's hard chest. There was no questioning who it was when I smelt the burning smell from when we had almost been burned by the person who had knocked over Stiles' jeep. It was Theo and he was hugging me.

He leaned down and whispered in my ear, still keeping his arms around me. "Stay safe, please?"

Then I was brought out of the moment when I remembered that we were supposed to be leaving to find Liam and Hayden. Begrudgingly I pulled away from him, hoping that whenever I got back, I would be able to hug him like that because it was something I had been wanting to do ever since I met him. Mustering up all of my courage I sent him a stern nod before allowing my hands to drop from his and ran towards the car where the others were waiting for me. Mason smiled, knowing what I was worrying about and I sat in the back with him, hoping that we would find our friend soon.

I had never been the tunnels before, maybe because I wasn't into skateboarding like my friends but I knew that it would take us forever to try and find Liam here; the place was a maze. We decided to split up but even then, I didn't know how it was going to work. I just ran as far as I could in one direction, calling out for my friend and hoping that he could hear me. "Liam? Liam!" I turned the corner and almost bumped into the others that had obviously ended up in the same place.

"Can you catch a scent?" Mason asked, hoping that we hadn't come here for no reason.

"There's too many chemicals."

"Then this might take a while."

We spilt up again, shouting to our friends and hoping that they would hear us inside this maze. Hoping that they would know that we were looking for them and that we could save them. But after more running and more bumping into each other, the search seemed helpless. My voice began to crack because of the crying and screaming that I had been through today, not to mention the smoke from the jeep that I had inhaled. I stopped to catch my breath and when I looked up, the others had ended up next to me again. Our plan of spitting up hadn't worked very well.

"Hayden! Liam!"

"Okay, we need to make sure that we're not covering the same area." Scott said, although his voice sounded wheezy.

"You need your inhaler, don't you?" Mason asked, which seemed to just annoy Scott.

"Quiet, I think I hear something."

Malia stopped and listened but she couldn't hear anything abnormal. "It's just the lights, isn't it?"

"Come on, this way!"

We run again, only this time we run in the same direction and slow down when Mason pulls me to a stop; his hands waving in the air. "I'm telling you; we've been down this one before."

"What the hell are we doing? We're running up and down this place, up and down tunnels. And there's no way-"

"Scott, you need your inhaler." Malia warned him, noticing him getting short of breath.

"No." He argued as he dropped to the floor, wheezing.

I knew that this was just going to cause more problems so I dropped to my knees, grabbing his arm and forcing him to look at me. "Scott, use your inhaler."

The same feeling that I had when I was in the car and commanded Malia to stop driving took over, this was just like that same situation and I had once again solved a problem by commanding someone to do something. Was this my supernatural power? Commanding someone to do something? If so, then what the hell was I? Because that didn't make any sense. I was brought out of my thoughts by Scott whimpering. "This is all my fault. We're never going to find them, it's my fault."

"Scott." Mason helps him back up, his eyes pleading with his new friend. "We should keep looking, we should keep trying."

But that didn't last long because Malia received a text from Lydia to let us know that Liam and Hayden were both safe, they were back at the McCall house and they were safe. What was even more shocking was that Theo had been the person to rescue them and I was glad that he had done it; not only had he saved my best friend from being a victim of the Dread Doctors but he had managed to prove to everyone that he was good. That he deserved to be in this pack and I was proud of him.

We rushed back to the house, pushing open the door to see Liam and Hayden fast asleep on the couch, obviously exhausted after what they had been through over the last couple of days. One at a time, we all stepped forward to silently thank Theo for what he had done; for bringing our friends back. But all I could think about was how much this made me fall for him even more, how my feelings were literally exploding out of my chest just at the way he had handled the situation. So, when he reached me, last in line for an embrace; I decided to take my chance. Instead of hugging him, I cupped his cheeks and pressed my lips against his. No one seemed to mind in that moment, they were just glad that everyone was safe and we could have one normal night together. Theo kissed me back, not embarrassing me and not rejecting me like I thought he would. His hands landed on my waist, pulling me closer to him as we enjoyed this moment; this perfectly innocent moment when nothing in the world mattered.

a/n: i almost forgot to update today because i've been so busy 😳 -lizzie ⭐️

date published: 28/07/20

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 24 19
Beacon Hills it looks like a normal town, it has houses, a few high schools, work places. The sun rises once a day, then it falls. People wake up, ge...
64.2K 1.3K 38
🎵𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒘𝒆 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒇𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒂𝒔𝒍𝒆𝒆𝒑 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆𝒅𝒐 𝒘𝒆 𝒈𝒐 🎵 Upon the return to beacon hills the argent sisters are there on one strict r...
7K 217 41
Casey Argent and her family have moved in to a town called Beacon Hills, and many things begin to change. The secret of her family has begun to come...
7.9K 265 49
Season 2-6 of teen wolf ~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~• Besides all the creatures in Beacon Hills here comes a creature that hasn't been in this town for...