Love Lock

By xo_emilee_xo

Au where Modest! forces Harry and Louis into a public relationship instead of keeping them apart. But how lon... More

Preface~Goodbyes
New Ways
Interventions
Spaces
Mutual Understandings
Long Flights
Boyfriends
Best Efforts
First Dates
Good Intentions
Little Talks
Fresh Starts
Beach Days
Kisses
Reflections
Loopholes
Comforting Words
Next Steps
Confessions
Parallels
Revelations
Taking Chances
Gains and Losses
Midnight Tears

Epilogue~ Vows

6.9K 184 179
By xo_emilee_xo

"Are you ready Tommo?" Liam patted Louis' shoulder proudly.

"I've never been more ready in my life," Louis laughed and looked fondly at his three best friends.

The four boys stood together on the balcony of a Mansion that overlooked a stunning Vineyard in Temecula, California. The sun was setting and the string lights below were beginning to turn on.

Niall held his champagne glass up into the air. "Cheers to ten years of friendship and everlasting love," he grinned.

Liam and Zayn nodded happily and toasted to tonight.

It was July 11th, 2020 and in approximately fifteen minutes Louis would be saying "I do" to a life time with Harry.

It would be the happiest day of his life.
~

28 year old Louis stood at the altar, surrounded by hundreds of white carnations and candles. The moon illuminated the smiling faces of friends and family in the crowd. Louis knew he was exactly where he was supposed to be.

The piano music began and everyone turned to face the isle. Louis and Harry's sisters were accompanied by Liam, Niall, and Zayn. Each pair made their way to the gazebo where they stood on either side of Louis.

It was time.

The piano version of Kiss Me by Ed Sheeran began and their officiant asked all guests to stand in preparation for Harry. Louis' hands shook. Even after a decade, the thought of his fiancé made him completely weak.

There he was, walking out of the back doors of the mansion, arm in arm with his mom. Louis' breath hitched at the sight of Harry. He looked entirely angelic; every inch of him was glowing.

Louis shook his head, lips trembling; Harry was so beautiful. The brunette boy smiled lovingly back at him, mouthing "don't cry" as they met at the alter.

The crowd cooed at the love that radiated off of them. Louis blinked his tears away, hugging Harry's mum and preparing himself for forever.

They were surrounded by soft light, flower petals, and everyone they loved. It was the wedding they had always dreamed of with the person they always knew would be standing across from them.

"We are gathered here today to celebrate the love story of Harry and Louis..." the officiant began the ceremony.

Louis took Harry's hands in his and waited until it was time to recite their vows. Both boys had decided to write their own, personal promises.

When it was time, Harry was asked to go first. He smiled nervously at Louis and then at the crowd.

"I think just about everyone here with us tonight knew I loved Louis before Louis even knew himself," Harry began talking and their friends and family laughed, nodding in agreement.

Louis laughed too, knowing that their love story was anything but ordinary. They may have had a rocky start, but Louis wouldn't change a thing.

"It took five years and being forced into a relationship for us to finally take that leap of faith," Harry laughed softly.

Although it was unimaginably hard back then, it all seemed a bit funny now.

"But I'm so happy we did, because loving you has been the greatest adventure of my life. Everyday I wake up feeling so blessed that the universe crossed our paths, that I get to spend the rest of my life in your arms," Harry smiled at Louis, feeling the tears well up in his eyes.

Louis squeezed Harry's hand. He felt the exact same way.

"So today, I promise that I will love you until the end of time and even longer if I can. I promise you Louis, you will always have my whole heart; all of me is entirely yours," Harry looked deep into Louis' ocean blue eyes, knowing that their love was forever.

"Harry, finding the love of my life on a singing competition was never something that I expected," Louis' eyes crinkled as he smiled at his fiancé.

"But I truly believe that everything happens for a reason. The second I saw you I knew that you were someone special. It didn't take me long to realize that you were my soulmate," Louis looked at Harry and saw his entire heart and soul.

Harry had changed so much over the years. His long curly hair was now much shorter and his cheekbones more prominent. He had grown up, but he would alway be Louis' baby.

"So Harry, I promise to take care of you and support you all our lives. I promise to hold your hand when times are tough. But most importantly, I promise that I will love you with all of my heart today and forever," Louis wiped away a tear with the back of his hand.

With shaking hands, blushed cheeks, and teary eyes, Harry and Louis exchanged rings. All of their hopes and dreams for the future were solidified.

"You may now seal your marriage vows with a kiss," the crowd stood up to cheer as the ceremony came to a close.

Louis leaned in, placing a gentle hand on the side of Harry's neck and kissing him lovingly. It was the moment he had waited for all his life.

Louis pulled Harry into a hug, whispering "I love you" to his husband before being officially announced to the world.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you Louis and Harry Tomlinson!"

Their friends and family continued to cheer in support as the newly wed couple walked down the isle. Everyone pulled out their sparklers to light the path for their exit.

The boys giggled, waving at loved ones and holding hands as they walked. Lightning bugs flew whimsically around them as they reached the end of the isle. It was a night they would never forget.

~

"Alright, alright. I'll try not to get emotional here," Niall laughed as he stood before everyone at the reception. It was time for the much anticipated speeches.

"Liam and I were the first ones to find out that Harry and Lou were in love, but it was a lot more stressful than you would think!" Niall raised his eyebrows and the crowd laughed.

"We had made promises to both of them that we wouldn't tell the other, so me and Liam had to get creative," Harry and Louis shook their heads at the memory.

"We basically set up a shrine to 'Larry Stylinson' in the lounge and waited for them to come home. We had it all planned out! We were gonna make them sit down and watch old videos of themselves and read different theories we printed out that our fans wrote up," Niall laughed at how much effort they had put into that night.

"Because that seemed to be the only way to get them to understand without blatantly just saying it! But then these two come strolling in through the door at three a.m., hand in hand! They had figured it out themselves and all our hard work was for nothing! I can still see their faces when they walked in. I mean it was crazy, we had pictures of them up everywhere," Niall pointed at Harry and Louis who were doubled over in laughter.

"So cheers to these two love birds who we would clearly do anything for. You two give us grey hair, but we love you both anyways. Congratulations," Niall held his glass up and toasted to the happy couple.

"Harry and Louis, it's about damn time," Zayn stood up next and began his own speech.

"I think you just know when two people were meant for each other. When I had taken a break from the band, I saw headlines everywhere saying that they were a couple, and I didn't doubt it for a second. Actually, I thought: wow this makes so much sense now!" The crowd nodded in agreement; everyone thought their fake relationship was genuine.

"About one week into being One Direction I had a feeling that what Harry and Louis had was special. It was truly a once in a lifetime kind of connection that couldn't be ignored. I can say without hesitation that you were meant for each other. I love you guys and wish you nothing but happiness," Zayn raised his glass.

Harry and Louis cuddled close, feeling the love from their friends. Next, Liam stood up and grinned mischievously at his boys.

"Hi everyone, hope we're all doing well tonight. In the ten years that I've known Louis and Harry, all I've done is worry! When we were teenagers they used to sneak around backstage at our concerts and hide until the very last second. The crew would say 'Liam go find Harry and Louis' and I would be running around going crazy trying to figure out where they were! Of course they'd just be having a good laugh, watching me freak out," Liam and the guests chuckled.

"During their publicity stunt I was a worried mess trying to come up with a way to get them out of it. Little did I know, they weren't faking a single thing! And when I finally knew that they were in love but didn't have the chance to tell them before our concert, I was so worried that I messed up every single dance that night," Liam looked to Niall and laughed as he remembered how many times he turned the wrong way and bumped into him.

"It's always been worry, worry, worry with you two! That being said, I can confidently say that I am not concerned at all for your wedding night! Let me just mention that the walls in our flat are extremely thin and if tonight is anything like usual, then I can rest easy. Not that I've been doing too much resting since Harry and Louis have been together," Liam winked at the couple and held his glass up in the air.

Harry hid his face in embarrassment and Louis laughed, shrugging his shoulder smugly.

"In all seriousness, I don't have to worry about Harry and Lou anymore; they were made for each other. I love you both so much, and I want to raise a toast to a lifetime of laughter and love," Liam toasted to the boys and sat down.

Friends and family continued to stand up and talk about how truly perfect Harry and Louis were together. The stories were hilarious and heartfelt. They wouldn't trade tonight for anything.

~
"I'd like to invite Harry and Louis out to the center of the floor for their first dance," the DJ finally announced.

Louis took his husband's hand in his and led him to the dance floor where they were surrounded by everyone they loved. He pulled Harry close to him and placed his hands on his lower back.

Harry draped his arms around Louis' neck and stared at his husband in awe. Louis was so handsome, he couldn't believe he was finally his.

Sweet Disposition by The Temper Trap began to play over the speakers as Harry and Louis held each other and swayed.

"I can't believe we're married," Harry whispered.

"I love you so much," Louis kissed him softly.

That night was the beginning of always and forever. How sweet it truly was.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 76 20
Louis is just a normal teenage boy who loves his family, his friends and his life in general. The only thing is that he has a huge secret he is hidin...
18.1K 632 26
"If you're pretending from the start Like this, with a tight grip Then my kiss can mend your broken heart I might miss Everything you said to me ...
154K 7.9K 20
@Lily_pad6472 asked me to write a story where Harry and Louis both are single parents and neighbors. After his wife passed away Louis took his three...
117K 5.6K 17
I get suggestions from many of you and I love it! This is a combination of ideas from @straightnogayvodka @darktone2001 and @True12354 ♥️ Harry and L...