Mad As A Hatter (Completed 20...

By 3pointt14

Madness can only be written in blood. //#1 in Horror, #1 in Action, #34 in Humour and WATTY AWARD WINNER: On... More

I'VE REWRITTEN MAD AS A HATTER - AVAILABLE NOW
chapter one ◊ eno retpahc
chapter two ◊ owt retpahc
chapter three ◊ eerht retpahc
chapter four ◊ ruof retpahc
chapter five ◊ evif retpahc
chapter six ◊ xis retpahc
chapter seven ◊ And Then She Must Do Her Homework
chapter eight ◊ thgie retpahc
chapter nine - enin retpahc
chapter eleven - nevele retpahc
chapter twelve - evlewt retpahc
chapter thirteen - neetriht retpahc
chapter fourteen ◊ the best (& favourite) chapter I've ever written in my life
chapter fifteen - neetfif retpahc
chapter sixteen - neetxis retpahc
chapter seventeen - neetneves retpahc
that new chapter - chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen - neetenin retpahc
chapter twenty - ytnewt retpahc
chapter twenty one - eno ytnewt retpahc
chapter twenty two - owt ytnewt retpahc
chapter twenty three - eerht ytnewt retpahc
chapter twenty four - ruof ytnewt retpahc
chapter twenty five - evif ytnewt retpahc
chapter twenty six - xis ytnewt retpahc
chapter twenty seven - neves ytnewt retpahc
chapter twenty eight - thgie ytnewt retpahc
chapter twenty nine
Chapter thirty: THE FIRST WAVE
Chapter thirty-one: THE MESSAGE
Chapter thirty-two: GRIM
Chapter thirty-three: FINAL WAVE
Chapter thirty-four: SAVAGE
Chapter thirty-five: CHICKEN NUGGETS
Author Note <3
VIDEO INTERVIEW!!!
MAD AS A HATTER - REWRITE AVAILABLE NOW
Amazon Prime Panic Bonus Chapter: Mad as a Hatter

chapter ten - net retpahc

64.5K 4.2K 2.7K
By 3pointt14

Let me wrap up some good stuff...

Recap:

“Hat… you know what this means.”  Grim put his hand to my chest, his eyes big saucers. Panic was shared between us. 

“I’m turning.”

+

“You’re a transformer?!” shrieked Isaac.

Grim cried out, “Enough!” and shoved the boy up against the car, squeezing Isaac’s neck. “You have no idea how much I want to kill you—”

“No,” I stopped and they froze.  “That’s a good idea.” 

“What?” Registering my serious expression, Isaac immediately tried to push further away with his feet. His back rode up the door. “Don’t…please…”

The dagger rang as it slipped out of the sheath. I explained, “There’s a chance I’m slowly turning human because the demons in my soul haven’t been feeding. Thus if I can get my hands on an innocent body, a meat they love most, the dark souls will return to my system and restore my demon spirit.” 

Grim slicked his tongue over his lips and strangled Isaac harder. “Keep still, human.”  Isaac tried moving his neck, causing Grim to gladly tighten his grip.

Noting this was going to be messy, I shrugged off my jacket, leaving on a torn button down with holes that left no imagination.  I bowed onto my knees, hair dangling past my chin.  I crawled closer. My breasts brushed Isaac’s chest and I felt his heart wildly throb.  My breath fanned over his sweaty face, eyes dilating.  Rumbling began in my stomach, the demons prying above my womb. My mind released itself and the door to Isaac’s thoughts was open:

Holy—She’s so hot. Oh god. Her boobs. They’re against me. Cool it, Isaac. Crap. You’re getting horny. Why are you getting horny?! You’re about to die and you’re getting horny?! Now all you can think about is committing adultery with this crazy blood sucking demon!

That thought just made him hornier. 

“You’re cute, kid,” I grinned. Before he could respond I put the dagger to his throat. 

But the metal remained cold.  

I hissed and immediately retracted my hand, shockingly dropped the blade in his lap. Grim turned to me, worry spread across his features. “What’s wrong?”

“He’s not human!”

“What?!” the boys screeched. 

I stole the dagger back and touched his neck again. “It’s cold! The dagger is supposed to heat when in contact of a human! What—”

“He’s a demon,” Grim growled and shoved me aside.

“No, Grim!” The bones beneath my ex’s hands writhed and stuck out, ripping past his knuckles and towards Isaac’s throat. 

Something controlled my senses and I quickly nailed Grim’s skull with my elbow and he collapsed on the seat, unconscious.  I reached for Isaac’s neck, stroking my fingers over the indents.  “He didn’t get in too deep.” 

I ignored his breath hitching at my touch and realized I was anxious for fresh air to clear my mind. I opened the car door Isaac was leaning on and instantly he fell out with a surprised, “Ow!”

Exiting from the other side, I walked over to him and dragged him to the front of the car.  Thrusting his body on the hood, his back made a slam and his arms stretched out on instinct like a bird served on a platter. 

I punched both fists on each side of his head and lowered my lips, rising his anxiety. “Who are you,” I darkly demanded. 

“Isaac Bridgett the third, son of Eli Bridgett,” he meekly winced.  I felt his chest heavily rise and fall.

My fist punched beside his ear punched, making him flinch. “You didn’t answer me!” 

“I swear I did! I swear, I swear!” he whimpered. His damp brown hair was stuck to his forehead and held a filthy stench.

“Liar! My dagger is never wrong.” Unconvinced, I said, “There’s only one way to finalize the truth.” His eyes were full of fear and something softened in my body. The words left my lips before registering my mind, “I’ll try to ease the pain.” 

There was no window for him to protest as I pressed my hips against his. Isaac’s gasp wafted along my face and my adrenaline heightened. Gliding my hips up his pants, I captured my teeth on his bottom lip and tugged lightly. 

His breath sped up, naturally lifting his own hips.  The friction pushed a groan past his mouth and my tongue flickered across his lip. I tickled a trail of kisses down his neck, feeling his skin’s warmth. I faintly brushed my fingers below his belt. “God,” he murmured, eyes fluttering shut. Just as he dozed under the pleasure, I swiftly removed my knife and cut his wrist.

“Yeowch!”

Instead of jumping up, I trapped his body under me and scowled.  “Shut up, you pussy.” 

I put his wrist in my hand.  A red circle dribbled onto his shoe, blood trickling off his pale wrists.  My brows knitted at the center.  “You’re human.” 

“Why did you just cut me?!” he shouted. Glaring at his outburst, he unexpectedly continued this furious rampage. “You don’t just get a boy turned on and then cut his frigg’in wrist! That’s not how it’s supposed to work!”

A grin stretched across my lips and I raked my fingers through his hair, down to his red cheek. “Sexual frustration looks cute on you.”

“Alice!”

The grin sized up and I placed my lips on his neck. My voice was a whisper, “Now you know how I feel when you decease my aggression.” Tickled by the affect I had on him, I swiveled my tongue on his neck and kissed it.

He shut his eyes, melting to my touch. “What…”

Like a star out of the sky, a flash of realization crashed into my mind. “That’s it!” I snapped up. 

Isaac was still in daze when I dashed to the car door, sticking my hand in my jacket pocket.

I ripped out the second paper I tore from Cameron’s book and laid to over the car window, smoothing out the corners.  Peering at the tiny black inscriptions, I hastily mumbled the foreign language, my brain naturally translating the old age writing. “…alh fie heebaway…” Then at the bottom, I was brought to a halt.  “How is that possible?”

Movement shifted in the car and out poked Grim, eyes lazily open. “Thanks for hitting me,” he grumbled, scratching his head.

“You were being erratic,” I distantly answered while concentrating.

Knowing what he was getting into, he answered, “What did you find?”

I reread, hoping it was a joke yet this time the Gods of Hell weren’t kidding.  I raised the sheet and the back of my hand smacked it.  “This god damn paper says it’s dangerous for the Purge to closely interact with humanity. If highly active, the demons in my system will gradually take down their barriers around humans, growing attached to the human emotion.  Therefore some demons adapt to the new society by transforming themselves into homo sapien DNA, making the Purge more human.” 

Grim shook his hair in bewilderment and stumbled out the car, holding his head. “What about the other demons that don’t transform? Does this mean you’re half Purge, half human?”

My back flumped against the window to rest. I circled my two fingers along my temple as if the pressure would thrust my thinking blocks to move.  “No. Since some demons in my body refuse to change, they need another host.” 

“Like a new body to claim...” Grim joined. 

“They can only do that by transferring to that new body.”  My fingers rubber harder into my skin.  “And once they find a new body to control…”

“More demons will be sent to their new host…”

“More demons, faster they’ll eat the human DNA…”

“The body would become demon.”

“And turn into the new Purge.”

Grim snapped his finger. “They can’t just enter any random body. There should be a connection made to the soul.” 

I ran my eyes down the paper again and responded, “The new host should have a strong connection with the current Purge in order for the demons to transfer.” 

“You’re gaining human DNA and losing demon souls. The demon souls are travelling…”

My hands hit the glass window and I flipped my eyes on him. “So the demons can only transfer to a host that’s already vulnerable, healthy and good souled, making it easier to invade. And I must have a strong connection with them.”

I nibbled on my inner cheek, treading through the possibilities. 

Grim piped in, “Demons love nothing more than pure innocence.” 

“Innocence.” 

My eyes darted to the side.  Isaac happily picked up a dandelion and tucked it behind his ear, saw a bee and screamed, throwing the flower at it.

“Isaac—”

“You’re shitting me right,” Grim burst.

My first thought:

Isaac is turning into Hell’s Personal Purge.

My second thought:

That’s fucking hot.

My third thought:

Well shit.  He’ll be killing people with teddy bears now. 

My fourth thought:

I love boy bands.

My fifth thought:

I’m turning into a 16 year old breathing hormone.

Shit.

+++

I forgot how much fun it was to write this story.

Sorry! I wasn’t allowed to edit or post anything while my story was in the Wattys2014 or else the tag would’ve been removed. 

Did you see it coming that Isaac’s becoming the Purge?

Do you want him to be the Purge?

Or do you want him to stay the same? 

Thanks for supporting me on this fantastic journey!

Poem from amazing @Half-bloods about MAAD

save me from this hell that I created

patience running dry

time slipping away

madness consuming me

I fall prey to

my own imagination

Xoxo 8tracks

P.S.

Personal Goal: get to 500 votes maybe? ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 44 6
Your whole life you were in foster care due to your parents murder by a chainsaw wielding maniac and everytime your foster parents would beaten you f...
68.1K 2.1K 17
Highest rank: #8 in Stephen James One criminally hilarious girl and one sexy ass beast. So different, yet so perfect for each other. They just don't...
1.8K 83 17
Death is something that is real, but at the same time unreal. We, as humans, think we die. But in reality... we are reborn. That we never die, becaus...
60.3K 1.9K 27
//most of this sucks// #1 in Bodyhorror 5/24/2019 "Demons are shifty and clever creatures. They find you in your darkest most unstable moments, latch...