Mirage | π™ˆπ™žπ™˜π™π™–π™šπ™‘ 𝙅𝙖�...

By nabibinan

Michael Jackson was the ace card and owner of Black Team International, the bloodhound and serial killer of v... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27

Chapter 23

202 8 15
By nabibinan

I couldn't believe what my eyes were seeing.

As I sat in the table, Louisa next to me as she was chatting with Janet. Both of them were so enthusiastically talking that it made me snort when Janet glared at me. She had apologized to me before, and so did I. Sometimes I was very mean with people that judged me and the first impression she gave me wasn't a good one.

"I always said I would love to have a brother but it seems that I have a nosy one", she squinted her eyes at me, revealing that she didn't wanted me to hear her conversation with my girl.

I snorted, almost spilling the water I was drinking. "I wasn't looking at you, dumbass", I said and almost bit my tongue when my mother crossed the kitchen and gave me a warning look. She had already said that she didn't want us bickering, but bonding, since so much time has been lost.

"I forget that Louisa is dating you, seriously—", then she looked at Louisa again, that was fighting a smile. "What did you even see in him?"

Before Louisa could reply, I interrupted her. "What it isn't there to see?", I squinted my eyes, making Janet laugh. I know she's only teasing me, the air between us is less tense after the small talk we had.

"I hope you guys are hungry, today has been a long day for Michael so I made some lasagna", my mother said and started serving the food, with help of Louisa and Janet.

As I didn't wanted to be the only one without doing anything, I helped by putting some paper napkins and then taking the carrot juice from the fridge.

Turning around, I saw the three women already sitting and waiting for me. And it hit me.

This was the first time I've ever felt I belonged somewhere.

There wasn't any worries or hatred inside of me. I felt at peace. Watching my mother's glowing face, Janet's cheeky eyes and Louisa's innocent stare.

This was where I wanted to be.

"What's the problem?", Louisa asked softly, a bit worried because I was frozen in the spot.

My mother smiled as I smiled widely. "Nothing... I'm—", I started walking back to the table, placing the juice over the table. "—thinking", I simply said and as Louisa nodded, we proceeded to pray before eating.

Hours later, Louisa and I were casually strolling around London. She bought herself a few clothes and we were about to get into a coffee shop.

We were holding hands and I had my aviator sunglasses just to look cool. I chose Louisa's clothes for the outing and made sure we were matching.

I mean, nobody here knows us, so who cares?

"You want normal or large size?", Louisa asked me as I sat down by the window. She took her wallet out of her purse and I was about to take mine out and protest, but she signalled me to shut up. "My treat", she smiled and I could've sworn this was made me feel all lovey-dovey like.

"Normal is fine", I said and I puckered my lips, expecting a kiss before she left.

She looked at me, weirdly and smiling before kissing me quickly and then going to make her order.

I tapped my left hand fingers over the table as I took my phone out of my pocket and checked out if Karen replied my texts.

We need to talk.

I had sent the text at least two hours ago and she hadn't replied yet. Thinking that she might've been busy because of my absence. I sighed, stopping the tapping and looking over where Louisa was also checking her phone with a slight smile.

I also smiled, wondering what's on her mind.

Someone passed me by, a woman with many shopping bags. I only looked at her because she stopped her tracks and walked backwards to me.

I saw her taking her sunglasses off and I should've known who she was in the moment she came in. I'd recognize her anytime. The heavy smell of her perfume, a very pleasant smell, came instantly through my nostrils.

"Michael?",  she asked, surprised and looking all over me and then my hand. Maybe trying to know if I was married already or something. I know her that well.

"Lisa", I smiled tightly. "It's been a while", I said politely, even if I wasn't the kind of guy to be like that. I just wanted to be awfully polite for her to leave quickly.

Not that I wanted to hide her from Louisa. I don't care about that. Lisa became my past a long time ago.

"It's a surprise to see you here", she said, her multiple bags making a loud noise as she moved her hand to put one of her bangs behind her ear.

She's always been the kind of woman that dresses well, in a cold way. She was the next in line to inherit her father's resorts and hotels.

Her mother is now the current CEO and when we dated, she was then the second in line to inherit everything. However, her father had a son from another woman before his marriage with her mother.

So, she tried to marry me to save her lifestyle. But when her brother died from an illness, her mother, Priscilla — took over, and she became the one and only heiress. Mr. Presley was one of the best in the tourism industry, until he died and his wife got to handle the business, awfully.

And now Lisa is living her best life, shopping all over the world, sleeping and resting well. Knowing that someday, she's taking over the Presley Group empire.

"I'd like to say the same, but I don't really think you'd like to know what I think of your presence in front of me", I said, without taking my sunglasses and faking a smile at her.

She looked at the shopping bags I had with me. Maybe judging why I didn't had any luxury brands. I recognize that I used to be like her. I'd relate a lot to her. Someone that lost somebody so dear, someone that had to get used to an absence. The unfairness of his father's passing away before she could truly enjoy his company. 

At first, I'd think she was pretty much like me, a young rich person that simply likes to be in company with someone that doesn't want something from you. But I was wrong, because as soon as she had the tiara over her head, she basically threw me away. Like trash.

"Let's talk, yeah? What I did to you, was awful and I regret it", she said and then tried to seat in front of me, where Louisa is supposed to seat. "I'm a different woman now and I'd like to make it up to you"

I know she wasn't romantically interested in me, but that also meant she wanted or needed something from me. I couldn't and wouldn't trust her, never again in a million years. I squinted my eyes as she kept talking and talking, until I couldn't hold it in anymore. I wanted her gone from my sight.

"Lisa, just leave", I said, coldly and before she could speak, I said: "I don't care if you changed or not, I just don't want to talk to you", and then I saw Louisa coming back happily with two coffees.

Louisa stopped in her tracks, looking over at Lisa and then me. Maybe trying to understand what was happening. "Um, hi?", she was so confused that her face almost made me laugh. But knowing Lisa's presence here, I simply stood up.

"And that's our sign to go", I said, taking the bags from the seat and Louisa simply made herself smaller there, trying to understand. "Go ahead, I'll catch you in a second", I smiled at my girl and she nodded in confusion but nonetheless, left.

I turned around to find a scowling Lisa. She was upset because I wouldn't let her into my head. She's fucked up. But so am I, so that's not something I can put my finger on.

"You made it clear that one time, Lisa", I said, a cynical smile on my face now, my hands resting on my pockets. "You'd never waste your time on a miserable man like me... so why should I waste mine with a evil woman like you?"

After I said that, I quickly made my way out of the coffee shop to find Louisa looking worriedly at my way. Getting to her, I took one of the coffees in her hand and then started walking. She quickly came with me and took my arm, sipping her coffee quietly.

"Won't you ask me anything?", I asked her, seeing through her that she was itching to ask me something.

She bit her lip and shrugged. "If you want to tell me... I mean, I don't want to intrude your personal space", she said and blushed.

I laughed at her expression and then sighed, taking a long sip of the now-cold coffee. "You're my girl, I'm your man, you can ask anything you want", I told her lightheartedly. "You can even be jealous if you want, I'd love to see that"

She snorted. "Jealousy? Uh-uh", she shook her head. "That's a negative feeling, I have confidence, I know what I'm worth and I don't like comparing myself to someone else. I don't like scenes or fights in public just because you were talking to a woman... and as you said, I'm your girl and I trust you"

I swear I almost got a tear in my eye, only if the wind wasn't this fucking strong— I really can't believe that a woman like this is with me. I never forget how wonderful she is, that's why I long to be with her so much.

Holding her free hand, I kiss her temple sweetly before she smiles at me.

"Well, that woman is Lisa Marie Presley", I told her and watched her slight surprised expression. "I was supposed to marry her, like—", I drifted off, trying to count how much time has actually passed by. "Three or four years ago? Anyways, I kinda wanted to be with her because she seemed to be a lot like me"

Louisa furrowed her eyebrows. "I can actually picture her being a female you", she admitted, making me bit my lip. "She has that... I'm better than you or anyone else in this room air I know so well", she said and then smiled. "You used to be like that, hiding yourself under that pose"

"Yup, and she went through a lot of shit too, so it's no wonder", I sighed. "It's just that she hasn't found the equivalent of a male Louisa Ronan that can straighten her up", I said and it made Louisa laugh, almost spilling her coffee over her white turtleneck. "We were about to marry when her step brother died and she suddenly became the only heir of Presley Group, hence, ditching me"

"I'd like to believe there's always two sides of a story, don't you believe that there's always something good deep down inside of a person? No matter how shitty that person is", Louisa said as I finished my coffee and we went near a trash bin. 

"That's a very Louisa thing... however, I don't quite trust in anyone that easily anymore", I told her and she stopped walking, throwing her empty cup and I threw mine. "Just like that, she said I was a miserable man, and she wasn't wrong but I was actually looking forward to a married life, y'know?"

"I have the small feeling you'd be a wonderful husband, Michael... you don't need to rush it, in the end, you might find someone better than her", Louisa shrugged and I looked intently at her, making her blush. "What?"

"Now that I think of it... how did you find my mother, Louisa?"

Her face softened up and she smiled brightly at me. "With the help of Bill... I don't know many details in the story, but I wanted to meet with your mother once more to talk about it", she took my hand, trying to comfort me.

I nodded, a bit thoughtful, looking at the grey sky and feeling the cold air hitting my face. The trees, the people walking by and the sound of laughter in the distance. I felt more connected with the outside world now more than ever. 

Ever since I gave myself that break from work, hiding in Las Vegas seemed like it was a good thing. It made me think so much that now I can actually see things differently. Now my major nemesis/problem has suddenly left this world.

I didn't had any time to reply or say anything as my phone started ringing on my pocket. I excused myself and took the call. "Bill", I said as soon as I answered.

"Mr. Jackson, I'm afraid there's an emergency board meeting about to take place in exactly 48 hours. I have strong sources confirming that Mr. Tyler Miller and Ms. Karen Faye are trying to convince the board to suppress your authority and lead Mr. Miller as the next CEO of Jackson Enterprises... how shall I proceed, sir?"

I felt my throat going dry as I looked down at Louisa that was looking me with a small smile, waiting patiently for me.

"Um... I'll finish my business here and let you know, alright?", I said, dumbfounded, not knowing exactly how to proceed from here on.

"All right, sir— however, may I give you a small advice?", he said in his usual deep voice. Even though he works for me, I've always recognized him as an uncle for me. I really care about Bill.

"Yes", I simply responded, completely aware that I still don't know how he found out about my mother's whereabouts.

"You should ask Mrs. King about her shares in Jackson Enterprises... from what I've heard, she's been trying to sell them for a while now", Bill said and something clicked deep in my mind.

"Alright, thank you Bill, I'll contact you soon", I said and then ended the call, looking at one point in particular, thinking too much.

My silence must've frightened Louisa, that put one of her hands over my arm, gently looking my way. "Is there something wrong?"

"I'm afraid so", I said, biting my lip and sighing. "But first, we've got to talk to my mother"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 57 9
Michael Jackson is a global Popstar beginning in the 80s. After his success with Thriller, his name became more known, he couldn't do anything about...
65.1K 2.2K 70
Michael Jackson is the head of his company, and puts work first after his ex-wife destroyed his respect for love. Business woman Jamie Marabella swea...
5.4K 70 25
Florence Brown had just got her assistant job, after one year of being an employee. The new big boss? Michael Jackson and he's a harsh one. In this c...
201K 7K 79
Michael Jackson and the person he would've deserved. / set in BAD era / / actual events used for reference /