THE DEMON'S PROMISEDβœ“

By Andrea_is_here

Formerly known as Kisses From A Demon Started: 17th, July 2020. Ended: 7th, October 2020. Aurora Russel, a hu... More

INTRODUCTION.
Prologue:
Chapter 01: Happy Twentieth Birthday
chapter 03: Demon's horse
Chapter 04: Pain
Chapter 05: Trainer Kenji
Chapter 06: Trainer's Kiss
Chapter 07: Escape fail
Chapter 08: Tartarus' Tears
Chapter 09: Trainer's End?
Chapter 10: Drunk Lord
Chapter 11: Estratos
Chapter 12:Dinner Nightmare
Chapter 13: Locked
Chapter 14: The Talk
Chapter 15: The Dreams
Chapter 16: The Dance (1)
Chapter 17: The Dance (2)
Chapter 18:The Amulet
Chapter 19:Marked
Chapter 20: Reunited
Chapter 21: Visited
Chapter 22: Rejecting the mark
Chapter 23: Goodbye
Chapter 24: Almost back to Normal
Chapter 25: Dates and Confessions
Chapter 26: Isabelle's birthday
Chapter 27:Wooden home
Chapter 28: Demon-Apocalypse
Chapter 29:Demon-apocalypse (2)
Chapter 30: Queen Aurora
Chapter 31: Daria
Chapter 32: Kassandra
Chapter 33: Gone
Chapter 34: Glass Coffin
Chapter 35: Epilogue

Chapter 02: Welcome to Dapphion

1K 126 231
By Andrea_is_here

Dark gold ceilings stare down at me, and I slowly blink but that seems to only hurt my head even more—my attention is not only drawn to my brown sprawled hair but also to the silk cloth that covers from my chest down on a rather large bed.

This isn't my room, in fact, this doesn't look like any room in my home. That's when the panic begins to rise in my chest, my brain couldn't think of anything that led to where I am.

I sit up immediately but the heaviness in my head pushes me down and I place a cold palm over my head before sitting more slowly this time, I look around the large room and concluded this isn't my room.

My fingers curl around the bed poster as I try to stand—keyword tries—because the moment a foot touches the cold tile I feel the world around me get blurry and my hazel eyes burn.

A pant leaves my lips as I shut my eyes trying to control my breathing, also trying to remember what happened that day.

Just as I successfully got to my feet, my hand still wrapped around the poster the missing pieces in my memory begins to form—I shut my eyes as a wave flows in.

My birthday, Halloween party.

A groan makes me hold the poster tighter as a wave of nausea hits me, what the hell happened? Where exactly am I?

I could tell it is the next day because of the huge wall clock, and I shake my head, did I drink way too much yesterday?

A lot of questions run through my head and I finally notice I'm not wearing my Halloween costume—instead, I'm in a baggy top with shorts.

God, where am I?

After a few minutes of holding on to the poster, I finally feel my vision get clear and the heaviness in my head reduces greatly, so with the little strength I have I dragged myself to the door opposite the bed and push it open only to reveal a large bathroom.

The bathroom screamed of luxury and I could only agree that whoever brought me here was a rich person—I mean to book a hotel room this fancy? Yeah, or did I end up having sex last night?

I look in the mirror to see my make-up has been cleaned, there are a few dark circles under my eyes and I shut them my grip tightening on the sink, my brown hair looks like it needs to be combed properly.

It doesn't look like a bird's nest, I'm one of those few people that are lucky to wake up with semi-decent hair. But my hair still needs to be combed it looks like it was blown around with strong pressure from the wind.

Suddenly, through my peripheral vision, I see shadows of feet moving outside the door. Oh no! Who could that be? I start freaking out.

I look around for some sort of defense and pick up the first thing that meets my need, a vase. I wait silently, but there's no more movement now. I can't stay in this room forever though, I think to myself. Mustering up all my courage, I run towards the door. I twist the door handle but it doesn't open, so I start banging on the door.

"Hey! Open the door!" I bang harder and wait for any sign that someone finally heard my cries and decided to let me out. But after a few minutes, I hear nothing and give up with a sigh.

I slide down the door and place my chin on my hands that curved around my knees, it was my twentieth birthday yesterday why don't I remember anything from when I got home from the party?

As I shut my eyes I see my mom with tears—click- instantly I rise to my feet at the sound of the door with the vase still in my hand I slowly twist the doorknob and thankfully, oh, thankfully the door opened and I step out following the flight of stairs.

The vase is still held high but my hand drops when I come across the living room, a huge framed picture of me hangs just above a fireplace—my hand went to my mouth when my eyes meet other pictures of me.

This person is a stalker! A creep? Who the fuck has pictures of me? It looks like a little shrine!

"Beautiful isn't it?" A voice asked, I notice my body relaxed at the sound of the soft yet dark voice in the room.

Once again I hold the vase high ready to attack my abductor but my hand freezes mid-air as my eyes connect with deep blue electric eyes, his eyes have this strange dark magic that swirls in them like they are telling a tale of how they'll reign terror upon the world.

Perfect curved eyebrows furrowed at the vase and I shrink in my stand as the man towers over me, a few bits of brown hair over his square jawline. I don't notice when he pulls the vase from my hold but I do remember his slightly crooked nose scrunching up as if he isn't happy with my weapon.

I could tell this person was no human.

"W-who are you?" I ask my voice, cracking a bit, the tall man in a deep purple cloak begins to circle me with a sardonic smile on his lips.

His strange captivating blue eyes twinkle, "Hmm," he rubs his chin. "Lord Xanthus." He answers and I move back as he suddenly stops in front of me.

"Xanthus," I whisper then remember I can't remember the day before and this is a strange place.

I instantly get defensive, "What am I doing here? How did I get here? Where exactly is here?"

The man raises a hand, I flinch and he frowns but covers it up with thinned lips. "One question at a time Little Dawn, come on, let's have breakfast in famished!" He says, "I bet you are as well."

I shake my head because only an idiot would sit and eat with someone who doesn't appear human, but my stomach seems to not catch my drift as it makes a loud grumble.

The man's eyes show satisfaction, "I'm not eating with you!" I say.

He doesn't seem to like my answer as red ring circles those blue electric eyes giving light to the dark magic and I shift back, he inhales and the ring disappears.

"You have to eat something Aurora, take my offer while I'm still being nice. I have no problem forcing the food down your throat!" He growls the last part and I jump a bit.

My bottom lips quiver, "Eat," he says as he leads me into a dining room where the table is filled with different varieties of foods, my stomach makes another embarrassing sound and I shut my eyes when the man flashes me a smug expression.

He sits at the head of the table and I try to sit as far away from him, his eyes show he doesn't like it but doesn't comment on it.

The maids begin to pile up my plate, "No, no. It's okay!" But they don't listen to me and I turn to Xanthus. "Tell them it's okay! If I eat this much my stomach would hurt." I say and he motions for them to stop which they do.

The maids leave while I stare at the food trying to ignore how my lips were watering, seriously Aurora embarrass yourself even more!

"The food isn't poisoned if that's what you're thinking about." He says amused as he cuts into his chicken, I raise a fork to his lips and he raises an eyebrow.

"If it isn't you'll eat it right?" I ask, walking to his seat without breaking eye contact his lips close around the fork—a bit of fire appears in his eyes and I gasp trying to move back but he pulls me closer before releasing my fork.

"Do you still think it's poisoned?" His voice was low and has a certain ring in my ears, ignoring the tiny sparks that erupted when he wrapped his long slender fingers around my wrist and step back.

"Where is this place?" I ask, the fire disappears from his eyes and he turns to his food.

"Eat then change your clothes." That's what I did.

After eating the little I could to which the stranger obviously protested to and promised to feed me more the next time I'm eating I went up to the room to find a red dress sitting on the bed. After having my shower I changed into it enjoying how it hugged my figure, I wore the black flats.

So far the stranger hasn't tried to attack me but that doesn't mean I still don't want to know why I couldn't remember the end of my twentieth birthday and I'm not willing to trust him completely but I'm not going to go all hunter Aurora Russel on him.

I walk out of the room to see Xanthus waiting for me, his electric eyes lit up at my sight before he offers me his palm.

"You need to tell me who you are, and where I really am? My patience is running thin." I say to him without holding his palm he pressed his lips before nodding.

"Don't forget you asked for this." He says moving closer to me and I bite my lips, "Hug me." What?! I stare at him in shock as he pulls me closer. I try to fight back, but he's much stronger than me, he painfully tightens his hold on my arm.

"Try not to faint this time" his lips are close to my ear and I shiver a bit as a chill runs down my spine, then I'm pulled into a dark abyss. I close my eyes as I feel the harsh pressure of the wind slap against my face.

"You can open your eyes."

The sky was an orange and gold hue, with big birds flying around adding a cruel feeling to the distant roar I hear. I move back as I realize we're standing in front of big black gates that hide the dark castle behind. If this was a cartoon I'm sure a strike of lightning would appear right now.

But the dark feeling I receive is enough to increase the panic in my chest.

This isn't the human realm.

"Welcome to Dapphion." Oh my! Dapphion is the realm of demons.

My tears begin to water, I might have been a hunter in training but I have never actually fought against a demon let alone been in a world created solely alone for them.

"T-that means you're, oh, my—you're a demon lord!" I moved far away from him and he seemed to hate it, his eyes shining brightly. "What am I doing here?"

"Yes, I'm the demon lord, and this is my realm! Your new home!" More fear rises in my chest and I begin to move back.

"W-why am I here?"

"You're my mate, where else would you be if not here?"

That alone sets me off before I begin to run away which is a bad choice because soon I hear a loud growl.

This is a realm created for demons! I ate with a greater demon, I shouldn't be here! This isn't right.

How could I be his mate?

Where are my parents?

Why exactly am I here?

I run, even more, something tells me he purposely hasn't caught up to me because he enjoys the chase which only proves he is truly a psychopath!

꧁꧂

Chapter two!
Thanks for reading.
Don't forget to leave a comment!
😘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 29 3
(Previously Burning With Rage) UNEDITED Burn in Hell for all Eternity... The only way into Hell was to be dragged there, kicking and screaming. Or de...
118K 6.8K 65
{COMPLETED}(Edited) Demons, high school, love and murder. Welcome to the beginning. One summer day her life changed forever, in the dark she was rebo...
685K 27.2K 85
He can hear her each breath He can see her every move He can sense her every emotion He can appear anywhere He craves her He wants her And He has her...
340K 15K 84
Now Complete! *** It begins with sultry dreams, a shadowed apparition relentlessly seeking the sweet heat of her body no matter how Sable resists. Po...