The Need To Know ✔️

By kayesanae

"Tryna keep it low, keep 'em all on the need to know." Y'all getting a rewrite for sure. First update coming... More

copyright/disclaimer
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
tntk cast.
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
disclaimer/please read
A/N

eighteen

3.9K 250 21
By kayesanae

Evre Janelle Lennox

December 22, 2019

"It's not that we don't trust you sis, we just want chu to be careful." Jaide explained to me as me, her, Justyce, and Destiny walked back to their Mercedes.

"Yeah," I nodded, opening the back door and sliding in, all the way over so Destiny could get in after me. "I got it."

After Destiny, Justyce and Jaide climbed in, closing their doors, Justyce used the push-to-start to start the engine.

Destiny's big mouth ass had fucked around and told them I was fucking with somebody. She didn't tell them who it was—which I gladly appreciated, but still. I should have known her no water holding ass would slip up at some point.

It had been a total of nineteen days since Artist and I last talked, and I was feeling a little down about it. Honestly, my feelings were hurt that he didn't hit me up first, but I refused to do the same for him, so I guessed we would just be in a stand off until his stubborn ass decided to pick up the phone and make shit right.

He'd better hurry the fuck up too, a bitch was tired of listening to Fantasia, Chrisette Michele and Mary J.

I didn't understand what the big deal was.

I had already forgiven him in my mind, was that my fault he didn't hear the shit? Or was he still mad at me for copping an attitude over some shit he caused?

At this point, I was ready to break up with his ass for real.

It was uneventful and repetitive, but life was way more calm before we decided to be the couple Wale talked about in his song. This keeping it on the low shit was really starting to be a little too much for me, but I didn't plan on letting nobody know shit for a long ass time.

Anyway, after finding out that I was fucking with somebody—who was nameless to them—Justyce and Jaide demanded they take me to go and be put on birth control, even after I told them that "dude" and I had done absolutely nothing sexual except for kissing and a lil bit of head.

I lost my virginity at 13—unfortunately—but my family had no idea, that was another thing I didn't plan on telling them. Truthfully, I should have been on birth control, so I really wasn't tripping on the shit now, I just hoped this shit didn't fuck around and blow my cover. If my daddy found out I was on birth control, he would fuck around and choke the shit outta me, and then kill any boy with the random ass name I would blurt out when the time came.

Because Artist was Heir's friend, I didn't plan on telling anybody else—including Lauren and Amour—out of respect for my brother, when I got my nerves in check, he would be the first to know.

And I for damn sure wasn't telling my daddy I was fucking with somebody so close to the family, or a nigga in general. I was in too deep now. I would never hear the end of it if he found out I was keeping secrets.

"Where y'all at?" His voice rang through the car's speakers.

"Out minding our business." Justyce responded. Justyce was my daddy's first girl, so she was able to talk to him like that and not hear his mouth or anything.

My daddy made differences out of all of his girls, all of his kids to be completely honest—but he wasn't ready for that conversation.

"When y'all comin' back?"

"We on the way now," Jaide replied. "We had to handle some'."

"Oh okay, just checkin' in, y'all stay safe.

"Ok, daddy! Love you!" Justyce, Jaide, and Destiny shouted in unison while I decided to keep my mouth closed, looking at the bottle of birth control pills I was prescribed.

Lord please don't make this be me manifesting some shit in the future. Don't play wit my life like that.

• • • • •

"So y'all broke up-" my momma started.

"No," I cut her off, then shrugged. "We wasn't really never together to break up."

"So," her eyebrow raised. "Y'all just been talkin' these last 5 months?"

"Yes." I nodded in reassurance.

"You sure?"

"Yeah, I'm sure!" I exclaimed. "It seem like its more than just "oh I wanna ... you"," I paused cause I wasn't cussing around my momma. "I really like bein' around him." I explained, Artist had my lil, inexperienced ass sprung.

"So," she tittered. "Lemme get this right... y'all together, but y'all not together, nobody know about y'all but D and me, and y'all broken up but never really together to break up, cause y'all was takin' shit slow, keepin' it on the low, and scared for anybody to find out. So now y'all in this weird ass space where y'all wanna be together but don't want nobody to know for whatever fucking reason." She replied.

"...yes." I nodded. "See how it make sense now?"

She stared at me blankly for blinking once. "You really are yo' daddy's child." She said finally.

My jaw dropped as I made a face. "Don't compare me to that man!" I demanded playfully.

I didn't really like discussing the topic of my daddy with my momma. It seemed like every time we discussed him, we never had shit nice to say about him.

For me, it created a conflict of interest, cause every time I mentioned his name in the presence of my momma, every fucked up thing he put us through would come rushing back, reminding me of the resentment I was trying hard to keep away.

I lived with the man, and I was trying to see him in a different light.

"It just sound like some shit he would do." She shrugged. "But do you really like the boy, E?"

"Yeah, but momma it's somethin' he not tellin' me. That lil girl is more than his barber." I replied. "Why he can't just get Heir to do it if that's the case? He cut hair too."

"Pussy."

"Ma–" I smacked my lips. "That didn't make me feel no better!"

She shrugged. "I thought chu wanted a answer. That's the only logical one I could come up wit'."

Huffing, I ran my hands down my face and laughed, then looked up as my phone screen changed.

My Lil Secret🥰🥰
Would like to FaceTime...

My jaw dropped, and I gasped as my heart rate increased out of anticipation. "Ma! Ma!"

"What girl, what?" She asked.

"He's calling, he's calling!" I squealed. "What should I do?"

"Answer the phone?" She made face.

"But maybe I shouldn't tho'. It's only been two and a half weeks since we last talked. I gotta make him feel me."

"Evre," she called my name, getting serious. "You learned from me and yo' daddy, I promise you did. Don't do shit based off me and yo' daddy's relationship. Y'all not us." She reminded.

I nodded, getting quiet. My momma had just read me like a damn book. But that's how shit always was, didn't nobody know me like my momma did.

Ping!

My Lil Secret🥰🥰

Come outside

????

Hurry up fore I knock on the door man.

I know damn well this crazy ass nigga is not sitting outside my grandma house.

• • • • •
Do you think E's gonna wait it out or go see what her man wants?

Justice Arina Lennox
&
Jaide Lenaé Lennox

Thank you for reading😘
Remember to vote & comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

761K 10.2K 101
─◌✰, everything was fine, until it wasn't. ━━━━ status: complete. ━━━━ warning: very cringe. ━━━━ 2017 © -exology.
6K 147 3
A question brought them together ... This story is part of a series... #Steter #Stiles_Stilinski #Peter_Hale
1.9K 168 13
It's about the Cole Family...that's all I'm going to say. Hope you enjoy ❤️
35.1K 737 22
Hi guys! I can't really write a blurb for this story without telling you the whole thing. So, read it to find out! Updates are at least once a week!