Love Me If You Can

By Asia_Denise_

BOOK 2!!! It's been three years, since Delondon and Micah broke up. In those three years 22 year Delondon has... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Alternate Ending
New Story

Chapter 24

3.1K 220 17
By Asia_Denise_

Micah's P.O.V

It's been about a month since Keeb passed and although it seems like we all have gone on living lives the truth the hurt from losing a friend is still there no matter how hard we try to heal from it. Chris proposed to Amor and invited all of us to Hawaii for a engagement trip, rather than them having an engagement party. That's the thing we're all trying to celebrate now. It's our second day here and so far, it's been a good trip. Tonio and Amber be acting homesick every couple of hours though, which I can understand I mean Reign is only 8 weeks old. It was really hard for them to leave her but they wanted to be here for Chris and Amor plus the baby was with Amber's mom.

Today was just a chill day for us. We had grilled out earlier today and now we were just chilling pool side talking shit to each other.

"Now let me ask you a question" Delondon started. I could tell that she was feeling good just by the look she had her on face Laughing slightly at her I raised my brow indicating for her to go on and ask me the question. "So, like when you be having sex with other women and they see my name on your heart, like what do they do. Like does it make them uncomfortable. I'm just curious" she said pointing towards the tattoo I had on my heart of both her and Leila's name. I frowned what the hell kind of question is that.

"I don't have sex" I said shrugging. She cocked her head to the side as if she didn't believe me.

"So you wasn't just fucking that girl Kennedy" she asked with a thinking face. I chuckled. Who the hell is Kennedy.

"Who is Kennedy?" I asked matching her thinking face.

"You know the crazy girl, who keeps popping up at your place. The damn girl you took to Tonio and Amber's wedding" she said with a small smile. I know her ass ain't talking about Kendra.

"You mean Kendra" I asked. She shrugged at me correcting her name. "And how you know she be showing up at my house, you been talking to Shane?" I asked. She think that I don't know that she bee checking up on me through Shane but I knew. Not because he told me but because some of the things she know Shane is the only other person that be knowing.

She made a face "What you think I spend my free time asking Shane questions about you? I don't be talking to him" she said taking a sip of her drink. I side eyed her. Yea right. "But you never answered my question though" she said switching the subject back. I feel like De been flirting with me lately, which is leading me to believe that her and ole boy broke up.

"They be saying the same thing, you be saying" I said licking my lips. She looked away. I laughed at her reaction. Somebody need to tell her curiosity killed the cat.

"See you do too much, I just really wanted to know" she said rolling her eyes.

"I gave you an answer" I said shrugging. She shook her head.

"No, you were trying to be funny" she said sliding into the pool. We were sitting on the edge of the pool just talking. Amber and Tonio went in, to Facetime Amber's mom so they could check on the baby and I don't where the hell Chris and Amor went.

"Ok so I've had a couple women in the past ask me about it after sex and I just always told them the second name is my daughter's and the first one is my grandmother's" I said and before I could get the last words out I was dying of laughter because Delondon was trying to pull me in the pool.

"I know you ain't telling bitches I'm your grandma" she said hitting pulling on me. I just went on ahead and jumped in the pool. I grabbed her so she stop hitting me.

"Damn I'm just playing with you" I said laughing. I was holding her hands behind her back.

"Let me go" she said trying to wiggle out of my hold.

"You straight" I said not moving to let her go. De been bothering me all day. Just asking me crazy questions and trying to get my attention. "You been trying to get my attention all day and now you have it, so what's up" I asked. I was standing behind her in the pool, she turned her head slightly to look at me.

"Ain't nobody been trying to get your attention" She said rolling her eyes. There she go rolling them damn eyes. I used one of my hands to hold her hand and used my other hand to grab her neck. Not too hard or nothing but just lightly.

"Roll them eyes again" I said. She rolled them again

"Weak" she said smiling. I forgot her ass was crazy too. I tighten my grip just a little.

"What's weak?" I asked. She was now trying to get out of my grasp.

"Ok, ok I'm sorry" she said managing to get one of her hands free. She placed it on mine and tried to move mine off her.

"Nall it's weak, remember" I said. We tussled for a minute before she finally got free and jumped on my back now choking me. "Aye girl that's too damn tight" I said trying to get her off me. She was squeezing my neck way harder than I squeezed her.

"Yea, you don't like that shit, do you?" she said finally letting my neck go. She was still on my back. I held her legs to make sure she stayed up. I started walking towards the deep end.

"I oughta drown your ass" I said. She hit me on the chest.

"No, you're going too far out. Turn around" she said. I laughed. I turned around because I know her ass really is scared of the deep end. Right when I turned around Amber walked back out onto the patio. She gave us a look. I just shook my head.

"You gone learn to stop playing so much" I said sitting her back on the edge of the pool. I tried to swim off and she wrapped her legs around my torso pulling me back. She leaned down and whispered in my ear.

"And gone learn about calling me your grandma" she said pinching my ear and then letting me. I just nodded my head and gave her a look. Yea she definitely been flirting with a nigga but see De is real wishy washy. She might flirt one day and then the next day act like she wasn't flirting with you.

A part of me don't even want to cross that line with De because I feel like we've really been working on our friendship. This past month or so she's been there for me. I really appreciate her so much and I have so much love for shorty. I truly do feel like she's the only woman for me but I love her being in my life so much that I rather it be as a friend rather than us having another failed attempt at trying to be together. I got out the pool as Amber walked over to it.

"Where's Amor?" Amber asked.
"Bitch we ain't seen her or Chris ass for last past 20 minutes" Delondon said. I nodded my head.

"Them niggas disappeared shortly after yall" I added. Amber smirked.

"Nasty asses" she said making us laugh. "I don't see why y'all laughing. Y'all was just about to fuck in the pool" she said. De smacked her arm.

"No we were not" she said frowning. I laughed. Yea I'll let them handle that. I walked into the beach house where Tonio was sitting on the sofa playing the game. Yea this nigga brought the whole Playstation to Hawaii with him.

"The baby good" I asked sitting a towel down and sitting down on the sofa next to him.

"Oh yea she, good Amber ass was just in the room crying and shit" he said sighing. I laughed.

"You a fucking lie, that was your ass" Amber yelled from the patio. Tonio smacked his teeth. I fell over laughing because now that I'm really looking at him he do look like he been crying.

"Aw man don't pay her ass no mind, let's play" he said tossing me the other controller.

Delondon's P.O.V

Amber and I was sitting on the edge of the pool where Micah and I once was sitting. The sun had began to set and it looked gorgeous.

"Wheww what I missed" Amor said walking on to the patio. Amber and I shared a look.

"You haven't missed a thing" I said giving Amor a look. Amber and I laughed.

"Don't do that Amber because your ass was missing in action when you first got engaged too, pulling out all tricks" Amor said. Amber shook her head.

"Not all of them you gotta save a few for the wedding night and the honeymoon" Amber said winking. Amor pretending like she was taking notes. I'm so happy for my friends, getting married and starting families.

"Your ass need to be taking notes too, you could be next" Amor said tapping me. I shook my had no.

"Nall I don't think I'll be getting married, at least not any time soon" I said looking at them.

"What makes you say that?" Amor asked.

Over the past few weeks I have come to the conclusion that I have to be honest with myself. "I just feel like I can't have the one person I truly love, so I feel like I don't want to get married".

"De, come on you're only 24. That's still young. You never know you might meet." Amber said. I nodded my head because she was right.

"You're right but basically what I'm trying to say is that, that guy will literally have to sweep me off of my feet and I just don't see that happening with the way I'm feeling right now. Like I feel like so strongly about the guy I'm in love with now" I said. I was pretty tipsy at the point so I couldn't help but to drop a tear.

"It's Micah" Amber asked, looking back at him. I paused for moment before nodding my head. The truth is I feel deep down in my heart that Micah is the man for me. Yea we been through some shit. Some bad shit but the way I feel about still stands. Call me crazy or stupid but I love that boy, but I love him so much that I rather just stay friends with him. I don't want us to give this things a try and have another failed attempt. One, I can't handle any more heart break and two I feel like we would truly be done with each other.

"Wait what about Kane?" Amor asked frowning.

"Who is Kane?" I asked back. Girl I'm telling you about the nigga I love and you bringing up random niggas.

"Your boy friend Kane, you know big ass nigga" Amor said. Oh. I laughed. This is crazy because I had compeltley forgot about Kane. I never did tell them that we broke up.

"Ohhh yea, see we broke up" I said.

"Damn when?" Amber asked. I know they're going to be mad because I haven't ben told them.

"Like two days after Keeb's funeral. I just couldn't do it. Like dude is mad fucking controlling and honestly it should have never turned into a relationship anyway. I just got carried away with the attention he was giving me" I said. Amber nodded.

"So you broke up with him because you're in love with ole dude" Amor said moving her head in the direction of Micah.

"No even if it wasn't Micah it wouldn't be Kane either and I just came to terms with being in love with Micah like a week ago." I said. It's crazy because I went over to take him some dinner to his place and I was just trying to be there for him because the hardest part about grieving is after the funeral is over and everyone has gone back to their every day lives and then you find yourself being alone. I guess just being around him often brought up old feelings that I thought had gone.

"Maybe you should tell him" Amber said. I looked her at her. "I'm just saying y'all both might feel the way about each other. I feel like y'all both are older and wiser, and I mean come on that last thing was definitely a fluke. It's something y'all could have worked passed" she said.

"Amb I really think I hurt him bad with that one but like y'all said I'm young I got all my life to find love" I said smiling. They pulled me into a group a hug. I really adore the sister hood I built with these women. I'm beyond glad I meet them in college.

Later that night

You ever wake up in the middle of the night after drinking and just need some damn water. Well that was me. I was thirsty as hell. I opened the door to my room and made my way downstairs to get a bottle of water. As I'm coming out of the kitchen, I noticed someone siting on the sofa in the dark. I lightly tip toed to around the sofa to see who it was, and it was Micah. He was sitting there starring at the dark screen of his phone.

"You ok?" I asked, he looked up at me and nodded.

"Yea I'm good. Just thinking" he said. I nodded and got ready to turn around. I was thinking maybe he wanted to be alone but before I could turn around, he patted the spot the next to him telling me to sit down. "So what got you up" he asked me.

"Woke up thirsty as hell, damn liquor be doing bad the older I get" I said sipping my water. H laughed.

"I know this ain't miss 'I can handle my liquor' talking" he said mimicking a high pitch voice. I smacked my teeth.

"I do not sound like that" I said rolling my eyes. "And I can". He laughed.

"But you're up at 3in the morning getting some water" he said shaking his head.

"I don't know why the fuck you're laughing. Didn't you throw up last night?" I asked. Our first night here, this man go so drunk Chris and Tonio had to carry him to his room.

"Your apple head ass, always saying some out of pocket shit" he said. I laughed.

"No you just be thinking you b having jokes until I get on your ass and apple head. You been using that for like 6 years now. Come up with something new" I said.

"Wouldn't want to hurt your feelings" he said smirking.

"Whatever" I said holding my hand up.

"You been talking shit, all day what's up with you" he asked as he put his hand in mine. I smiled but hoped like hell he didn't see me. I mean we're sitting in the dark.

"I don't know what you're talking about" I said looking away. He grabbed my face and made me look back at him. We just sat there looking at each other like two idiots.

"What happened to your hair?" he asked looking at my head. Panic started to set in as I realized that I didn't have my bonnet or wig on my head, just straight Cleo braids straight to the back.

"See, move" I said taken my hand away from his. I can't even lie I was embarrassed. He laughed and grabbed my hand again.

"Why you are acting like, I ain't never seen you like this before. Girl I done seen you looking all kinds of ways" he said touching my braids.

"You just swear you know somebody" I said removing his hand from my hair. I don't know what type of party this was.

"I do. I know you just like you know me. Just like I know you and ole dude not together no more" he said. I made a face. Who told him that? I literally I had just told Amor and Amber like 3 hours ago.

"Who told you that?" I asked He shook his head.

"Nobody, like I said I know you. I can just tell my the way you've been lately" he said. I nodded.

"Yea well, it just wasn't working out" I said. He nodded.

"Well I'm here if you want to talk or something" he said playing with my fingers.

"Or something?" I asked raising and eyebrow. "What's the something?" I asked, cocking my head to the side.

He laughed "I mean ain't that just what people say" he asked licking his lips.

"So you just saying things that other people say now" I asked. He shook his head. We laughed. I cannot with him.

"Nall I really meant or something" he said pulling me closer to him.

"Don't you think that the or something is a line we shouldn't cross" I asked him. He licked his lips.

"Wouldn't be the first time we crossed it and I'm sure it won't be the last" my body heated up at the sound of his words. See De, this why you just have to mind your business sometimes.

"You're toxic" I screamed lowly. I cannot with this nigga. He laughed.

"Well goodnight Sparkle" he said calling me by my middle name. I smiled.

"Goodnight sir" I said. Although we both said good night we made no effort to move.

"You want to um, watch some tv with me" he asked. I nodded my head. He got up and I realized that he never let my hand go. He led me into his bedroom and I made sure to close and lock the door behind me. He got in the bed and slid in next to him and we started watching tv. He wrapped his arm around and pulled me closer to his side. I looked up at him and his eyes were glued to the tv but I didn't miss the smirk that was on his face. Alright now baby daddy, we gone end up with a baby number two around this place. He knows exactly what he's doing. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.5K 526 54
Book 2 in a three-part series. It's been five years since Sydney Graves left Westville behind after Brooks crushed her heart and the future they had...
3.7K 362 66
(completed) #eroticromance #teenromance ⚠️ WARNING ⚠️ This story contains sexuality, violence, strong language and other mature themes. ...
128K 3.4K 26
-Sequel to Broken- Emily has finally come out of her coma. She made it through the hell she called high school and is on her way to college. When she...
95 1 7
Once upon a time, they were inseparable. Everyone thought they would end up at the altar after almost a decade of being together. Until one day when...