Vermillion Bird || Magi: The...

By TheMissingHand

Ver-mill-ion Bird /vərˈmilyən/ /bərd/ noun - one of the Four Symbols of the Chinese constellations "The Vermi... More

Prologue
Realization
The Desert Sun
The Prince and The Fanalis
Family
Surrounded by Lions
Not Alone
Unsaid Feelings
Unexpected Meeting
Just a Traveller
Middle Ground
Tears
Warning
Zero
Sifra
Magician
The Inevitable War
The Lost Prince
Freedom
Friend Or Foe
Family Bond
Shattered Glass
Hidden Feelings
Competition
Seven Days
The Beginning of the End
Change
The Truth Told
The Rebels
The Light
Human
Her
Letters and Messages
Epilogue
EXTRA: Trivia and Things

Finale

557 9 6
By TheMissingHand

"Let's begin Alibaba's and Morgiana's wedding!"

"Good for you Alibaba!"

"Thank you, Aladdin!"

"Hah! Brother Mei and Jiayi's wedding was earlier and looked better than you!"

"Kouha! That's rude."

"C'mon lil' Prince, don't be so pathetic. We still got a lot of work after this, so let's fucking enjoy this awesome marriage we set up!"

________________________________________________________________________________

"Congratulations Alibaba! You better not break her heart after she waited so long for this moment."

"Hawk will destroy Dolphin if Dolphin makes Sister cry."

"Don't worry! I will protect Morgiana! Have faith in me!"

Months passed since the battle took place.

Alibaba's and Morgiana's wedding took place. Many were invited to his special occasion, and even if there were still a lot of work left to do, many stopped in order to celebrate this long-awaited wedding to take place.

The Kou Empire came and helped prepare due to Aladdin's request, and they happily came even if he did not ask. Reim came and of course, Rankan tagged along. Of course, Kina burst in to any party and the King had fun teasing Alibaba non-stop.

"Just kiss already!" When Alibaba and Morgiana finally kissed after a short moment of embarrassment, a huge uproar was made that also caught the attention of others. Soon, a huge banquet and a large dance floor were prepared. People cheered and pushed them onto the dance floor first as they danced happily around.

"What are you guys waiting for? C'mon!" In the end, despite many protests, Alibaba pulled the couples and his friends onto the stage.

"Oi! I can't dance blondie, don't drag me-"

"Huan, I'll teach you! It'll be fun!" Kouha and Huan were seen bickering throughout the entire dance and no one minded since the music, just the atmosphere seemed to brighten and cover their curses and jokes.

"Jiayi, go ahead with Koumei." 

"Eh? But-"

"I'll take care of Kouge. Besides, Kouen is not interested-"

"Woman, do not make assumptions." Ai pushed Jiayi and Koumei onto the stage while she carried Kouge in her hands. She smiled down at the baby girl in her arms and then watched Jiayi and Koumei danced together happily.

It was clear Jiayi and Koumei was tired, Jiayi was tired from babysitting whereas Koumei had to help out with Kou Empire alongside Hakuryuu and Kougyoku. Both had small eye bags below their eyes, and they both needed more time together. Ai had no problem helping Jiayi in watching over their child occasionally because Koumei was absent.

Jiayi and Koumei were happily married. Another feat accomplished by their friends and specially designed once again by Kouha and Huan. Anyone would not be surprised if the couple would be masters at preparing for weddings.

The next would be Ai and Kouen's wedding.

"Kouen, this is a wedding, do try to look content and congratulate Alibaba or Morgiana."

"I did." Perhaps it was Kouen's intimating aura and face, is what made the child cry. Ai rocked the baby girl and patted her back to calm her. Immediately, she sent a glare at the man and made the baby face the other way.

"You really are hopeless. At least do not scare the baby. Had Koumei and Jiayi heard, they would have rushed over and you would have ruined their short break." Kouen scoffed and rolled his eyes. He crossed his arms and looked around.

"They would not hear anything over this loud atmosphere."

"Maternal instincts can work as well. Clearly, you do not understand parenthood." Kouen twitched a brow before Ai laughed quietly. 

"You are a good caregiver." Ai raised a brow at his sudden compliment before her lips quirked up into a mischievous smirk. Kouen copied her expression and immediately towered over her. An arm around her shoulder and leaned in, so close as if it was a small tease. Each could smell each other's scents and their lips threatening to close the tiny gap.

"Kouen, we are in public and in the midst of a wedding. We may be covered by people but I am responsible for Kouge right now." The crimson flame captured her lips in a fiery kiss without warning before Ai pulled apart and smirked. Before Kouen could capture another one, Ai put a hand on his lips and pushed him away.

"Your punishment, my Prince." Ai smiled innocently and walked away. Kouen scowled before looking impassively at her back and the child in her hand.

"What are you doing?" Kouen turned to see Hakuryuu looking at him smugly. Kouen raised a brow and saw the two siblings, Hakuryuu and Hakuei together.

"Hakuryuu, Hakuei." They acknowledged each other's presence with a nod. They have bonded over the three years at Kina, and although barely visible, they have gotten much more closer.

"Lord Kouen, you need to relax a bit." Hakuei began and Hakuryuu quickly added, "You'll scare your lover away." Kouen sent him a small glare, which the younger did not fear at all. In fact, Hakuryuu has gotten used to his looks.

A small smirk rose to his lips as he looked at Morgiana and Alibaba dancing alongside Aladdin.

"Hakuryuu, you lost to Alibaba. How unfortunate for you." Hakuryuu twitched a brow and Hakuei had to pull him back.

"Shut up! You only got one just recently!" He retorted and huffed from anger. Kouen smirked victoriously before walking past him to catch up to Ai.

"I await your marriage."

"You-"

"Hakuryuu, don't worry. There will always be someone out there for you."

"Ha! You are a million years too early!" Judal laughed at the Prince while Kougyoku smacked him on the head. "What the fuck? Old hag, you were here?"

"Stupid Judal, I just arrived! And all I saw was you being a meanie to Hakuryuu!" Kougyoku, dressed formally for the occasion, but not in her usual Emperor clothing. She was now in a traditional red Kou dress and her hairpin neatly tucked into her usual hairstyle.

"No wonder no one wants to dance with you!"

"Ha? Girls line up to dance with me!"

"Sister, let's join the others."

"Oi Hakuryuu! That's cheating! You can't dance with your sister!"

"C'mon Judal, let's join the others too! I wanna congratulate Alibaba and Morgiana!"

"Judal, you better not step on your Majesty's feet!"

"Shut up! I can dance! Let's go old hag! I'll prove that I am a gentleman too! The perfect man to be the Emperor!"

"You a-are you going about that? I t-told y-you n-never!" 

Misuki watched from the side and smiled. She watched as the couples dance happily together in intimacy whereas the friends party. People drunk alcohol and converse with one another. She ate morsels of food while she sat with Titus.

"You know, I wanted to go to Magnostadt and meet you and Sphintus and Marga. But I'm not a magician." 

"Don't worry about it, you can meet them anytime! Besides, you guys are friends now anyways!"

"Yep! Marga is just so adorable."

"Marga loves your company you know, you should come to Reim often."

She promised to bond and speak to Titus, so here she was, talking and getting to know Titus after a long time. Misuki would be damned to get to know him better, Titus is a cool guy and she can't help but think how proud Scheherazade would be.

It's already been three? Four years already?

"So you and Muu are together now?" Misuki blushed but nodded. Titus let out a sigh and grinned. "He is a good man, he waited for you patiently. He always asked Sifra how much longer will she be able to bring you back. And I'm glad it all worked out in the end. For both you and her."

Misuki perked up at that. "What do you mean?"

Titus pointed at the night sky, "Maybe it's just a Magi thing, but the rukh tells me that Sifra is doing well too. Aladdin says so too."

The female nodded and smiled. "I hope so! Anyone with a good heart deserves happiness."

"By the way, I'm sorry Muu couldn't be here. I told him that he could have the night off, but I don't even know where he is. He's a terrible boyfriend."

Almost as if the mention of his name was a cue, the said Fanalis showed up immediately. His face flushed and looked like as if he just ran here.

"Lord Titus, please refrain from making a bad impression on me." Both of them looked up and saw the said Fanalis who had a grin on his face despite the short puffs of air coming out of his lips. Titus shook his head and looked at him mischievously. He crossed his arms and spoke with a disappointing tone.

"Muu, how can you keep a lady waiting? And you call yourself a gentleman, I overestimated you."

"Lord Titus..." Muu drawled out and laughed awkwardly as if to hide his uprising emotions. Misuki looked between the two but said nothing. She bit back a laugh at how Muu was clearly losing to the High Priestess.

"Hurry, the lady is waiting." Titus stood up and quickly dismissed herself. "You know, Misuki is a very sociable and pretty woman, if I wasn't here, someone else would have-"

"I appreciate your help, Lord Titus so thank you, you should join the others." Muu pushed him away as Titus sent her a playful look and a thumbs-up. Muu finally looked back at her, who also wore a dress to the occasion. As expected from Huan and Kougyoku, she was stunning in his eyes.

"S-Stop s-staring, you'll make me nervous." Misuki bashfully looked away and stood up to hug him. "You should at least congratulate Alibaba and Morgiana."

"I did." Misuki raised an eyebrow and before she could ask him when he did, the man leaned forward and extended a hand while the other hand was on his behind.

"I apologize for making such a pretty lady waiting. May I have this dance, my lady?" Misuki blushed but nonetheless, accepted his hand.

"Stop it, please. This is so embarrassing." Muu only laughed before guiding her to the dance floor.

"I'm sorry if I can't dance or step on you."

"That's alright, I can teach you."

The night proceeded as planned. Alibaba enjoyed his time alongside his time with everyone and got advice from others. A dream come true, he would like to say. To think Morgiana was the girl Misuki spoke about, he could not help but feel apologetic.

He made her wait too long.

Alibaba felt lucky and extremely grateful that he was able to return. If he did not, he would have so many things left undone and the guilt would definitely eat him away.

"Alibaba." The blonde looked at his wife, who looked at him worried. She darted her eyes between him and a dark alleyway. When Alibaba looked in the direction she looked at, he saw a very familiar man.

There was no mistake in his long purple hair and tall frame.

"Alibaba, let's go." Morgiana smiled at him, and he too nodded. On the way, he dismissed himself and promise to return. Aladdin tagged along and soon, they easily made it to the familiar man without too much suspicion. Even if some of the most perceptive people notice, they all understood and are responsible enough to not interfere or say anything. They simply gave a look of understanding.

"Hey, Sinbad." Alibaba greeted as he extended a hand. "How are you? I really didn't think you'll be here since you're so busy and all."

The older man grinned and clasped his hand. "Of course I would be here. How can I skip you and Morgiana's wedding?"

Sinbad was dressed in layers of clothing, and Alibaba assumed it was because he wanted to hide his identity to avoid...complications.

"Congratulations, Alibaba, Morgiana. I can't believe you have married already! I had an entire speech prepared, but I didn't want to interrupt the atmosphere. But it was nice seeing everyone enjoying themselves." There was a bit of sadness and longing in his voice. Alibaba easily could tell Sinbad wanted to join in as well, but since some still do not accept him yet, Sinbad refrained from doing so.

His punishment, he called it.

"Morgiana! You look stunning like always. I wish the best for you and Alibaba."

"Thank you, Mister Sinbad. Do you want to join us? We can explain it to others. We have nothing held against you." Morgiana spoke up with a smile. "I think the others would understand as well."

"Uncle Sinbad, you worked hard and proved yourself that you changed. So you shouldn't keep yourself hidden like this. People are already accepting you!" Aladdin pointed out, "You are a good person, Uncle Sinbad."

The older man only smiles, "I will take responsibility for everything I have done. But don't worry, this little thing won't defeat me, after all, I'm Sinbad, the High King of the Seven Seas!"

"You're right! Let's work together to make this world a better place." Alibaba and Sinbad once again shook hands and both had a determined expression on their faces. Aladdin and Morgiana joined in.

Not before long, they separated, all with a small smile on their faces.

Time changes people.

________________________________________________________________________________

"My King, will you become the King of Sindria once again?"

"Drakon, you are a good King."

"My King, a few months have passed, the people have accepted you and saw how hardworking you are."

"Drakon, I cannot become King again. I hurt so many people and it was I who made the world like this."

"And it was you who sacrificed the most for this country. So please, become King again. You are worthy to have a second chance."

________________________________________________________________________________

Sinbad became the King of Sindria once again.

He ascended the throne and to his surprise, his people cheered for him. His people forgave him and his people accepted him despite what he has done.

Certainly, he did not expect this. He stayed in the shadows most of the time, and only a selected few knew what he was doing. Jafar, Drakon and the Eight Generals knew, the members of the International Alliance knew and probably some selected friends. Never had he expected people to be this welcoming after what he has done.

Sinbad was grateful nonetheless, to be able to see his people once again and to be able to no longer hide from the public.

"You can be King again."

It was such a weird suggestion, yet, here he was, the King of Sindria once again. Wearing the same attire, his turban and his purple and white clothes. His Metal Vessels long gone, and he admitted he felt empty and light without them.

It was all weird and awkward for him.

More of the reason to work harder and be open to learning new things.

Sinbad restarted, and he was fine with that. Was this what Sifra meant? Was this what Sifra wanted him to realize?

Was this why she never called him God Sinbad, but rather King?

"My King, it's beautiful isn't it?" Sinbad turned and faced one of his old comrades, Drakon. The man now reverted back to his human form, strikingly handsome and tall. It was strange to see his Household assimilation friend revert back to human after so long, but Sinbad was not complaining. The man did suffer from discrimination from people. Perhaps now, he could finally be who he was.

A human.

Sinbad was human. No longer a God, a President, but a King.

He was King again.

He never thought he would see this day, where his Eight Generals returned to celebrate him becoming King again.

He also never thought he would return to plaque, where the first Kingdom of Sindria rests alongside the people who died in the war against Parthevia. There, he and the founders of Sindria followed their tradition and said their own words to their lost loved ones.

Sinbad was strangely nostalgic. As he reviewed his life, he found his flaws and strengths. He remembered the hardships, the obstacles and the successes. It was strange because as he reviewed his life, it was different than the times when life flashed before his eyes.

A good thing, this showed he was alive.

He was alive thanks to Sifra's sacrifice.

Furthermore, he was happy that he no longer had to deal with David, nor his other half. It was odd, almost as if...his curse was lifted with her touch to his forehead. 

What a miracle he never thought he would see. 

"Hey master, Balbadd changed a lot. The world changed a lot. It's strange, isn't it? I did so many bad things, yet, people are forgiving enough to accept me once again even though I do not deserve it." Sinbad brought a cup of wine to his lips as he looked at the incense.

"I guess people really can change easily. Maybe I was too focused on the bad parts of humanity that I neglected the good. So, I'm glad." Sinbad looked up into the bright sky.

"I'm glad the world did not return to the rukh."

The wind blew his long hair to the side as he silently looked at the incense. He stood up and bowed before leaving the wine at its place beside his master. He covered his face as he walked to Balbadd.

Sinbad sometimes liked being hidden away from the public, perhaps he wanted to avoid attention, both negative or positive, or perhaps he wanted to escape his position.

To this man, perhaps adventure and excitement was much better. The feeling of adrenaline flowing through his vines and the thought of a challenge in front of him. 

Sifra is gone permanently.

"Hey! Let go of me!"

It was an instinct, and Sinbad immediately paid attention to the troublesome and cliche scene in his life.

A little girl, perhaps not even a teenager was getting harassed by a bunch of male teenagers.

Being the gentleman and hero he loved to be, especially in front of ladies, but also to protect them from assault, he rushed towards the scene.

"Hey-"

"I warned you!"

In an instant, the little girl tripped one of them and punched them in their faces with ease. All in one swift motion, she ducked and tripped all of them in a circle. Then, using the walls as support, she jumped to the wall and bounced back at them, kicking them in the head. When Sinbad appeared at the alleyway, the girl single-handedly took them out. 

There was a loud bangle from her obvious expensive bracelet. Sinbad raised a brow in both surprise and amusement. A little like her? Defeat a group of teenagers?

A female warrior alright. She would be a very strong woman when she grows up.

It was then he noticed her very peculiar hair colour and her unique eyes.

Bright pink.

Sinbad shook his head, and thought to himself it was impossible. Yet, a feeling of fondness washed over him. 

No.

She snapped her head at him, before going into position once again. "What? There are more? I may be a little girl, but it doesn't mean you can look down at me!"

"Wait! I'm not one of them-" Sinbad barely dodged a punch to his face and jumped back to give himself some space in between. "Wow, you are impressive for a lady." Sinbad quickly bit his tongue and dodged a hook to his face. He mentally facepalmed and cursed at his smooth and practiced lines.

"Are you their leader?! You're pretty good!" The woman side-jumped to the wall and lunged at him. Sinbad sidestepped and then caught her hand. She scowled and hissed. 

"I won't be defenceless anymore! When I meet that black braids magician, I will show him that I am strong! I escaped from him even though I should have thanked him for helping me! I won't let anyone look down on me ever again!" 

Black braid magician-Judal?

"Please wait a second Miss! I'm not here to hurt you-"

In an instant, she kicked his head from a very unbelievable angle, from the side at a sixty-degree angle. Sinbad stumbled a bit and held his head. Before he knew it, his cover was blown off.

"You're...King Sinbad?" Sinbad instinctively covered himself with his layered clothing, but the woman already saw his undeniable purple hair. Sinbad was about to make an escape before she suddenly bowed.

"I'm sorry! I attacked you for no reason!" Sinbad blinked as the woman apologized multiple times. "Sorry! Please forgive me!"

Her eyes and expression show genuine worry.

Sinbad was bewildered. Usually, some sort of insult is tossed towards him, or fear or hatred. Something. Yet here she was, she was apologizing to him. Sure, she apologized for the fact she attacked him, but Sinbad was used to getting attacked for what he did.

Perhaps except for his people and some others, usually people tried to avoid him or attack him for personal reasons.

This was strange.

"You..don't hate me?" The little girl stood up and faced him again. Her face full of confusion and she put her hands on her hips. He noticed her long pink hair to her mid-back, and hoops of hair rested on her shoulders. She swiped her hair back and tilted her head to the side.

"Why would I hate you, King Sinbad?" Sinbad blinked once again in confusion, matching her expression on her face.

"Well, the things I did..." Sinbad left it at that, as her face changed into a knowing one.

"Oh." The King only sheepishly smiled before awkwardly turning away.

"You should go home little girl. It might be dangerous alone-"

"So?" He froze in his steps. he turned back and saw a genuine quizzical expression on her face. He was utterly speechless. He almost killed everyone and destroyed the world, does she not understand? Maybe she was too young to understand?

"Well, I guess it would have sucked if I died. I guess I hated you for like a while." She shrugged it off like it was no big deal.

"But you wanted to help me just now! And if the people in Sindria accept you as their King again, then that means you changed to be a good person! You got not Metal Vessels, no magic, so there was no way you could have use dirty methods to make them your minions. Besides, it's been a few months since the incident, and you did nothing but help the world return to its original peace. Not to mention before it, you were the one that brought the world peace."

The little girl practically splurted out a lot of information at him, but he caught onto every single word. Her words held nothing but the truth, and she genuinely seems to believe what she said.

"I think you're a good person, King Sinbad. Of course, no one is perfect, but I really loved The Adventures of Sinbad. It was funny! I don't believe Mister Jafar breathes fire, but I really want to meet Mister Drakon one day!" 

She smiled and that was something Sinbad did not know he needed. Was she just too naive? Too young to understand? Furthermore, the more he looked at her, the more she resembled someone else. 

Is she really?

The girl seem to come to a realization as her pink eyes darted quickly to the side.

"Ah, I have to go. My older brother will kill me if I take too longer to get some food! Sorry for attacking you, your Majesty! Enjoy your stay in Balbadd!"

Sinbad could no longer hide his curiosity and his suspicion. He quickly stopped her with a hand on her shoulder, and she looked back with a raised brow.

No matter how he looked at her, Sinbad could feel a certain familiarity to her.

"What's your name?" He boldly asked as she smiled sheepishly. She stood a little straighter and grinned. A small blush decorated her cheeks as she twirled her pink hair. 

For some reason, it reminded him of a certain someone he used to know. Either way, even if it was him being delusional, he would have another name to remember. This little girl was different and also accepted him, but with her own realistic reasons.

Fate loves to play games doesn't it?

"My name is Serenedine, but everyone calls me Serene! Nice to meet you, King Sinbad! I hope we can talk more often!"

________________________________________________________________________________

"If you want to be the world's strongest, you have to learn and beat all of these people on this list here."

"Mister Muu is a swordsman?"

"Rankan, I carry a sword by my side for a reason."

"He may be a Fanalis, but Muu here is the best swordsman in Reim."

"So cool! There's so many strong people out there! But before that, I really want to fight the one person I admire the most."

________________________________________________________________________________

"Rankan, you improved."

"Father, that was just warm up! I can do much more!"

Rankan got into his stance and concentrated. He awaited his uncle's signal to start the first match between the father and son.

The boy was excited, it would be the first time he got to display his skills against his father, the figure he admired greatly for his entire lifetime.

"Dog can do it."

"I believe in you Rankan!"

Hawk and his big sister was there to cheer him on.

He was no longer looked down upon.

"Ready...and...start!"

Stance. Concentrate. Strike. Learn.

In an instant they clashed against one another. The sounds of metal clanging upon contact and the shuffling of feet that came after it.

Everything was routine for Rankan. He trained for three years under Ai and Kouha and Huan, and to him, this pressure, this adrenaline and this excitement has never died down. In fact, he only learned how to control it and how to use it to his advantage.

That sudden heap of energy surged through his veins as he struck barely visible openings. That sudden energy used in one swift motion. That sudden motion is what caught his father off guard.

The clean slash from his sharp blade was able to get a clear cut on his father's dominant arm.

Rankan did not pause to think.

There was no time either way. His father never gave him time to react or apologize. It was either hit or defend, or you lose. Armakan was no weak swordsman, and now that Rankan was able to fight him head-on, without any sort of hesitation, his father pounded him harder than ever before.

Each strike was heavy and pushed Rankan back. It was more of the reason for the boy to be rapid in his strikes and keener in finding weak points. When he did, his body lunged as his arm complied subconsciously.

Those small cuts and injuries were a norm for the Prince. The blood was no more than the red fluid that determined whether a person was alive or not. Ai told him that the blood in his veins, is what kept him alive, is what kept him fighting.

Is what moved him.

Rankan ducked under a swipe of a black blade and jumped up for an uppercut. He immediately back away after seeing his attack missed, and instantly defended himself from multiple strikes.

The Prince easily brushed it off with his blade and jumped at him with a different sword style. A sword style that he worked hard to learn and gain his acknowledgement.

Something that Kouen taught him.

"Let's end this."

"Yes, father!"

In one swift movement, both rushed at each other and slashed. The two passed each other and stopped in their respective positions.

There was a sound of a blade breaking, then, it shattered onto the ground.

Rankan screamed and yelled.

"MY SWORD BROKE!"

He cursed beneath his breath, but it soon turned into an excited grin. He looked at Misuki apologetically and apologized for breaking the sword she gave him. The woman chuckled slightly and Hawk shook his head in disapproval.

"I told you should have used another sword. Did you forget your sword is not the highest quality and it breaks easily?" Misuki only sighed but then praised him for his impressive skill.

"Dog should listen next time."

"Sorry! I'll get a new one...somehow."

"Don't worry, there are plenty of swords for you to choose from! Your uncle will get a brand new one for you! But that was very impressive! You managed to hurt my brother a lot!" Sharrkan patted his back and looked between his brother and nephew. He broke out into a grin as he asked some servants to get Rankan a selection of blades.

"No need." 

Armakan's sudden interruption caught everyone's attention. The father walked towards Rankan and faced him. The magicians tagging behind and healed him.

"Anubis. Bring it."

Rankan widened his eyes when he saw the familiar sword in his hands. Tears threatened to fall but he held back. He just simply stared at it and slowly gravitated towards it without even thinking. 

The blade was important. Probably more than that. Not only of its superb quality and sharpness. Not because of its meticulous and royal design. But, it belonged to someone immensely important to him.

The father and son faced each other and ignored everything and anything else. On the corner of his eyes, Rankan saw a tearful but grateful smile on her lips.

The proud, the surprised and the emotional.

It was as if time slowed, and in that moment alone, Rankan and Armakan shared mutual feelings. His father lifted the sword and turned it horizontally, before handing it out to him. His eyes shot open as he took in his son's shocked state.

"Father, this is..." Their greens eyes met each other in a thoughtful pause.

"Arkan's sword."

Rankan saw a nod from his mother and his uncle. Then a smile and nod from his two best friends. 

He smiled, as tears finally fell from his eyes. But no one criticised him nor interrupted this touching moment. Rankan did not pay attention to anything else but the sword. He reached out and grasped the handle with certainty. 

"You will always be my little brother."

It felt light in his hands, yet so undoubtedly familiar and warm. He wiped away his tears and then looked up at his father again.

"Thank you. I will forever treasure it."

He swung the sword a few times before he raised the sword into the air. 

The blade seem to gleam.

________________________________________________________________________________

"Why is Tiger not with Bird?"

"Muu is busy alongside Titus."

"Tiger is worst than Turtle."

"Hawk...Muu is just busy rebuilding Reim. Besides, just because he's my b-boyfriend, it doesn't mean he has to stay by my side."

"Tiger is worst than Dolphin. Hawk go find Tiger."

________________________________________________________________________________

"Does Tiger and Lions want to see the Red Lions?"

"Hawk? What are you talking about?"

"Red Lions from another world. Fanalis's true form."

The Fanalis Corps looked at the child with a mixture of surprise, curiosity and disbelief.

"Hawk asks Monkey to use magic and bring Lions and Tiger to Dark Continent."

"Wait, so you were serious?" Hawk gave a nod. "And not joking?" Another nod.

Titus chuckled and beamed down at him. Misuki only sighed and facepalmed, but agreed with what he said. Aladdin only smiled while he stood beside Misuki.

"Dog can't come, but he knows. Hawk wants to bring Lions home. Home smells nice." Morgiana agreed and told them all about the Dark Continent. Not before long, everyone looked at Muu with pleading expressions and some with puppy eyes.

Muu sweatdropped and then looked at Titus. Soon, all eyes went to the High Priestess.

"You guys worked hard, so go ahead." The second Titus finished, all of them rushed to Aladdin and Titus, to both thank them and ask them to teleport them.

Magic really reminded him of Red Bird.

Hawk soon found himself home. The nostalgic smells and the familiar landscape brought back memories from Kina and very blurry scraps of childhood times.

He watched the surprised and the awed expressions from the Fanalis Corps and then turned back to look at the Red Lions again.

"Hawk."

The boy turned to see his sister smiling down at him. He gave a nod and she sat down beside him.

He looked for Alibaba and Aladdin, but both were talking to the Red Lions. He then saw Judal and Yunan in the air, greeting them as well. He did not bother to ask where they came from, but rather at why they came.

He could guess it was because they wanted to join the large crowd.

Then, he spotted Muu and Misuki talking to the Red Lions and they were holding hands.

Before Hawk could rush towards them, Morgiana put a hand on his. He snapped his head at her and saw her shake her head.

"Hawk, let Mister Muu and Misuki have their own personal time."

Hawk thought for a moment, his eyes unmoving and unblinking before he finally gave a nod of understanding.

Hawk understood that he should not be too attached to his saviour.

"Hawk, I'm happy we found each other."

"Hawk is happy to have a sister."

They just sat there for a brief silent moment, sharing a look of nostalgia and fondness before they rushed back to the Fanalis Corps upon Myron's call. Misuki gave him a smile and ruffled his hair.

"Hawk, I'm proud of you. Thank you for protecting your family." 

Hawk widened his eyes and then he shifted his eyes to see the Fanalis Corps and the Red Lions of the Dark Continent.

Who knew accepting a stranger's hand would make such a difference?

Hawk does not want to think about that. 

He just want to focus on now. 

"You think you're good enough? Do you think people actually care about you?"

"Hawk?" His sister eyes him with worry before she smiled gently at him. She put's a hand on his head and then pointed to the others who started running with the lions. 

"Let's go together." 

His sister, his family, his friends and his saviour by his side. He swore to protect them no matter what. 

"Hawk, a name befitting of a Fanalis."

Hawk is happy. 

________________________________________________________________________________

"My lady, thank you for helping both Kina and me for the past three and a half years."

Takeruhiko stood under the ginkgo tree as he watched the stars.

"Live a happy life with your boyfriend."

________________________________________________________________________________

"Damn Hakuryuu just had to hit so hard on my arm. Now it's broken! What the hell!?"

Takeruhiko cursed as Nanaumi fussed over him as always. 

"My lord! I forgot to tell you! There is a new really good healer in Kina!" Takeruhiko perked up and smirked at her. "She's really good! She was also present when we fought against the angels. She was the one that kept healing you when you were destroying dungeons!"

He tilted his head in both interest and curiosity.

"How did I not notice? I want to see her then!"

"Of course my lord! I'll call her here!"

Takeruhiko watched as she called her by phone and the healer immediately picked up. They spoke briefly before Nanaumi confirmed she would arrive in a few minutes.

"And before my lady would just snap her fingers and boom! I was fully healed." Takeruhiko grinned before looking up in the sky. A cloudy day with a small breeze to cool him after a short heated spar.

"My lord, Lady Sifra is an amazing woman. I hope she is doing well!"

"Of course she is!"

Immediately after, a flutter of clothing was heard. Takeruhiko looked up and saw a woman fall down from the sky. He widened his eyes as she landed a metre in front of him, her two long black braids flying frantically before finally resting beside her chest. Her mask covered her upper face but her deep azure eyes could be seen.

"I apologize for the wait, your Majesty."

She bowed before smiling at him. "Nanaumi rarely calls me, so I assume this was a serious case. I came immediately." He still stared at her as she spoke to Nanaumi briefly, her lips moved slowly as she greeted her as if they were friends.

Similar yet so different.

"How may I be of assistance?" Takeruhiko grinned as he pointed to his busted arm. Her eyes scanned him before walking up to him.

"May I?" She asked before she extended her and held his arm with her other hand. Her eyes concentrated on his arm, and a light pink colour emitted from her hand. Her eyes were soft, completely unfazed while she touched his arm. 

No chant. No wand.

Takeruhiko was impressed. Of course, he knew such was possible, but he thought it only applied to his lady. Furthermore, she was not afraid nor hesitant.

In a matter of seconds, Takeruhiko could move his arm again.

He jumped up in happiness and then thanked her. She smiled before bowing.

"It is my job and honour. Lady Sifra has taught me a lot-"

"My lady taught you?" He looked at her with a sparkle in his eyes and became excited when she gave a firm nod. She looked grateful as she smiled.

"Without her teaching, I would not have been able to help my mother in need. I am deeply indebted to her." She then looked into the cloudy sky, "She is my saviour and teacher, I do hope nothing but the best for her." Her azure eyes reflected the sky and for a moment, Takeruhiko saw the same expression he held when he thought of her. 

He felt a small connection.

But Takeruhiko did not like gloomy topics, his lady was finally happy. Therefore he too, has to find his own happiness. 

It was the last thing he could do.  

"Hey, do you want to work in the castle?" Takeruhiko asked casually, "You can stay here if you want and I can get you an office-"

She shook her head and raised a hand to stop him. He slightly paused from surprise, but a smirk rose to his lips.

"Thank you, your Majesty, however, I would have to refuse your generous offer."

"Why is that?"

"Well, my two younger brothers are in need of my assistance daily. Unfortunately, my healing cannot restore limbs. Both are...injured from the battle a few months prior. I fear that their condition may worsen. Therefore I would like to stay by their side." Takeruhiko nodded in understanding but nonetheless smirked and slung an arm around her, pulling her close.

Smells like herbs and the sun.

"Your Majesty?" She raised a brow before slightly moving away from him.

"I should at least thank a lady properly! You came all this way!" He grinned as he looked at her, who only shook her head again.

"Your Majesty, there is no need for you to-"

"Call me Takeruhiko. I hate it when people use that flattery tone."

"But you are a King, your Majest-" Takeruhiko silenced her with a finger to her lips. She blinked, dumbfounded and flustered. He smiled before dragging her along.

"Just call me by my name! Besides, I feel like I'm going to see you much more often! You are a good healer!" Happy that she came along, he looked at her closely again, her azure eyes only looked ahead or at Nanaumi.

How he likes a challenge.

"Hey, what's your name?" He slowly pulled off the mask and she only looked back at him with confusion and with politeness.

"Your-I apologize."  Takeruhiko let the mask fall from his hands as she introduced herself. Her eyes met his straight-on and without any delayed reaction.

"King Takeruhiko, my name is Zera. Nice to meet you. If you need my assistance, just call my number-" 

Zero. 

Zera.

Takeruhiko remembered his lady's words to him before she left for Parthevia.

"I met a woman who is oddly like myself. Perhaps you shall find her just as interesting."

Takeruhiko pulled her into a sudden hug and felt a small resistance from her. A small surprised gasp left her lips as she fell into his shoulder. Her hands into fists as they landed on his chest, she used them to keep some distance between them.

He did not mind that.

Takeruhiko liked how she called his name.

"Say my name again."

"Pardon?" She shifted uncomfortably in his hug and tried to make as much distance as possible.

"Say my name without the King in front."

Takeruhiko pulled back and waited for her. A bright grin rested on his face contrasted her confusion.

"Takeruhiko."

Why did the sun decide to come out then?

________________________________________________________________________________

"Sifra! Why did you betray me!? You told me you would join me!"

"Arba, I believe you were the ones who made assumptions. I never said I would join Al-Thamen."

"You said you would use the knowledge from the other world to help our father!"

"Indeed."

"So why do you fight against me!?"

"I never agreed to assist you. Currently, I am only assisting Solomon, Sheba and Uraltugo out of pity. Perhaps when you see them after your death, I recommend speaking with Solomon to clear misunderstandings or make amends."

"Never! It was his arrogance that-"

"Arba, you were never an observant and perceiving type."

________________________________________________________________________________

The woman saw her entire life flashed in front of her eyes, everything she has done, everything she worked for and everything she built up to.

All crushed by the person she admired.

Arba woke up after a long period of time in the darkness.

What is this disgusting brightness?

"You were asleep for a long time-aru."

"Falan?! Why? Am I dead?"

Arba asked a stupid question, Sifra killed her, it was natural for her to die and be where Al-Thamen should be at due to depravity. So she could assume that was why Falan was here.

"Of course you are dead, Arba. But you lived for more than a thousand years, I guess you don't even know what death is like." Long white hair filled his expression.

"Wahid? What the-all of you are here? It shouldn't be possible! Shouldn't the rukh be separate-"

"Arba, you just woke up and you're already so loud."

Ithnan?

Arba was confused and utterly speechless. It just made no sense to her. After all, the white rukh returned to the Great Flow, and the people who fell into depravity goes elsewhere. The people from Alma Torran should be-

"Are we apart of our father?!" Arba grabbed onto Falan's shoulders, slightly surprising the woman. Falan raised a brow and heaved out a sigh that confused Arba even more.

"We don't know-aru. But, we are all together now, apparently, all the dead are together now-aru." Arba widened her eyes and her theory was confirmed when Tess ran over and hugged his mother.

"That kid...he really did it."

"Who knew?"

Alibaba?

"The world did not return to the rukh?" She asked, and the others looked at her. They gave a nod and Arba froze.

How? What? David and Sinbad were God.

"Big brother and his friends stopped it!" Tess exclaimed and grinned. "Big brother fulfilled his promise so I could see mommy again!" Falan smiled and kissed the younger lovingly.

Arba's rapid heartbeat slowed as she slowly pieced the information together. The world did not return to the rukh. David and Sinbad must be defeated then. The Sacred Palace...so everything was for naught? The world is still following Solomon's will?

What about Sifra? Is she still alive?

"Arba." She snapped her head at the familiar voice. She widened her eyes at the familiar blue hair and pinkette. The former King and Queen stood before her.

"Solomon." She gritted her teeth as her face distorted in anger. "How dare you-"

"Wait Arba! There's a lot of things that happened! How about we just sit down and-"

"My friend."

Arba froze upon hearing a familiar voice. She snapped her head around and there stood the woman she admired. Beside her was Ugo.

The resistance was together again.

"S-Sifra? What happened? Why are you here? What happened to Lord Sinbad and Elder David? What about our father-" Sifra cut her off with a hand to her shoulder. Her amber eyes met hers as she gave a gentle smile. Arba was already taken back and she thought she was going insane.

"Why don't we sit and speak about it? I believe both you and Solomon have lots to speak about. All of us should use this reunion to catch up with one another." Sifra pulled back and pulled gently on her braid to awaken her. Arba blinked before giving a hesitant nod.

She couldn't fight back anyway.

"Arba. Let's converse as members of the resistance." Solomon extended a hand, and Arba instantly slapped his hand away. Solomon only tilted his head in confusion as she crossed her arms.

"I despise you."

To her surprise, Solomon only shrugged and sighed.

"Sifra told me so. She explained everything to all of us."

Arba could only curse while she was forced to sit around the people she hates, love and question. She only stared intently at Sifra, who seemed to have a majestic glow around her compared to everyone else.

How?

"My friend, are you listening?" Arba scoffed and stubbornly looked away. She could not bear to look at her after what she has done, Sifra killed her after all. But then again, she brought her death upon herself. She knew she could not win, yet she challenged her nonetheless.

Because she has nothing else to live for.

"My friend, even if you do not listen now, you will have to listen since you are dead. There is nowhere else you can go." Arba looked back at her with a glare. She thought her glare was full of hatred and extremely sharp, but Sifra easily brushed it off like nothing.

"You're dead as well. Killed by David?" Sifra only smirked in response.

"David is dead." Arba widened her eyes in shock. Even if Sifra was powerful, David would not die so easily. He would not lose to her ever in combat, moreover, he was a God. Arba grabbed onto her collar and yelled at her.

"You! What did you do!? How? Did you become God? You're just like Solomon, stealing power from our father-"

"A-Arba! Don't be like that! We're trying to make amends-" Arba silenced Ugo with a look before looking back at her.

"Sifra! I thought you agreed with me!"

"Too late, it seems." Arba's figure shook as she dropped her. Tears threatened to flow out of her eyes as she clutched her hands. Everything was over, everything was ruined by Sifra.

Everything.

"Uraltugo, would you like to recite everything to Arba?"

When Uraltugo told her everything, Arba finally understood. Sifra became God, all the barriers between the dead were eliminated, and the Sacred Palace is no more. No more Metal Vessels and Magi system.

At first, Arba was thoroughly surprised, shocked even. To think that Sifra did not use this chance to travel to another world, but then she realized that Sifra wanted this conclusion. For everyone to meet again, and to make amends. She was also surprised by Sinbad's decision, perhaps Sifra influenced him as well.

Everything went according to her plan.

Arba still stubbornly refused and avoided Solomon to the best of her abilities.

However, she realized that she could not avoid the group when they approached her. In the end, she eventually learned how to deal with Solomon.

Arba still hated Solomon's guts, but seeing her former group of friends forgiving one another and come into an understanding with one another, she couldn't help but feel jealous. She too wanted to be in that group. She too wanted to talk to them normally again.

Perhaps she too had a humane side to her.

"My friend, why do you hesitate?" Arba scowled at the woman beside her. "Surely, you understand this is a chance."

"Shut up, you killed me. You became God and now you're stealing power from-"

"I believe I am not. Furthermore, I no longer have too much control over anything even as God. Indeed I have killed you, thus, more of the reason Solomon and the resistance should have been much closer to you than I am."

It hurts how much Sifra makes the correct points. It hurts how Sifra is usually always right.

"Still, I will never forgive you or Solomon-" 

"Farewell." 

Her words were a mere whisper, and to her surprise, it sounded sad. Sifra pushed her towards them and she stumbled a bit. Arba turned back to curse at her, but Sifra was already gone. Uraltugo as well.

"Don't worry, she'll be back. Although probably in a long time. Dimensional travel is really difficult and she has to return to her realm occasionally. You are very lucky that she came to visit at the right time!" Sheba spoke to her and Arba felt awkward when they looked at each other. The little girl was someone she once loved and cherished. Now, she wasn't too sure.

After all, she killed her and yet, here she was, trying to speak to her again.

Why are they so stupid and forgiving?

"Arba, come with us-aru. We have a lot of time to talk now. I had a hard time talking to them as well-aru." Arba let out a shaky breath as she was dragged by Falan to join the group.

"Arba. Let's talk-" Arba slapped his hand away once again. She pointed at him accusingly.

"Solomon. I hate you! I can't believe I have to deal with you when I am dead as well!" Arba sighed as she plopped down next to Ithnan.

"Dammit, I really hate this. "

"I can relate." Arba and Ithnan shared a look before Setta joined them. "But at least I could see Setta again. I don't care about anything else."

That's right, Ithnan and Falan and Wahid joined because they lost their family.

Now they could see them again. Arba was definitely jealous. Everyone had their own family and yet, here she was, alone.

"Arba, can we talk?" Arba twitched a brow when Solomon approached her again. She realized that no matter where she goes or what she does, Solomon will find ways to talk to her and she knows how persistent he could be.

"Fine!" Arba slapped his hand and cross her arms.

Little did she know, their conversation was the one that made her understand, that made her change and that connected her back to her family, the resistance.

Talking was not terrible. His face was.

What could she do? She was dead and had to stick with these guys forever. She could no longer hear "his" voice, and for some reason, she seemed fine with that. Perhaps it was because she was dead, and finally apart of him.

Perhaps it wasn't the worst thing in the world.

But...why does Sifra seem so sad?

_______________________________________________________________________________

"Uraltugo, why do you still love me? I have too much blood on my hands. You deserve someone of a higher calibre."

"Sifra, I also made mistakes, and I am willing to accept you for who you are. I realized that I...have been neglecting the other side of you. I admit that I fell in love with a persona, but that is still a part of you."

"Then you have seen the uglier side, the murderer and the Elder side of me. Therefore, I suggest you-"

"Sifra, can we start again? When you killed David, I saw a change in you. It was he who chained you down, wasn't it? The one who made you kill and fall in love with him."

"That is unexpected. How did you know?"

"Sifra, we've known each other for so long! You even called me an s-stalker! You should know that I pay attention to the smallest things related to you."

"I see. I underestimated you. I apologize."

"Sifra, can we can s-s-start again?"

"I hurt you, I pushed you aside, and yet, you continued to pursue. You are a foolish genius, Uraltugo."

"Maybe I am. Only for you. I'm willing to restart as long as you are too. Will you talk to me? We can share our burdens and secrets."

_______________________________________________________________________________

"Sifra, what did you want to ask me?"

The two sat across from each other and had a chess board in front of them. Both had a gentle smile on their faces as they played a friendly game of chess.

The two were finally able to talk. Such was something both did not thought would not have happened.

"What do you mean? I believe I did not ask you anything." Sifra captured one of his rooks with her knight. 

"When I first confessed and you rejected me. What did you want to say before I left?" Sifra paused to think for a moment before she remembered. A smile graced her lips and that alone satisfied him.

"It is from a thousand years prior, do help me remember." 

"Something like...'Uraltugo, may I' something. But I ran away...before I heard it..." She gave a small chuckle and the other flushed red from embarrassment.

"I remember now." Uraltugo perked up and Sifra shifted in her position. Their eyes met, the confident and the timid. 

"Uraltugo, may I love you regardless?"

Uraltugo was confused for a moment before he understood.

A killer, a destroyer and an Elder.

Sifra loved him, but she was afraid. Even for someone like her, she was fearful of one thing.

Afraid of hurting him.

Tears appeared on the corners of his eyes. His figure trembled slightly, and then tears rolled down from his cheeks. Uraltugo never knew what she went through when he was in the Sacred Palace alongside Aladdin.

Now he knows. The pain and suffering. She went through magnitudes of negative emotions, much more intensive and she chose to not feel in the end. She chose to make herself an enemy and the target of hatred.

She did not deny her horrible deeds and did not deny her wrongdoings. She was evil and probably one of the worst villains in Alma Torran until she met them.

She fell into a trap and she chose to run. A cowardly move, but now she returned and saved the world.

She chose to change even when she did not have to.

"Sifra."

"Oh dear, would you like a tissue-"

"So everything Gremory and Sabnock said about you was true?" She paused before she gave a nod.

"That is correct."

"Even the fact that you took away my work and everything I had to do when I was in the Church?" He asked and her eyes dimmed. Yet she bravely answered.

"That is correct. I do not wish for you to do cruel things." Uraltugo wanted to jump out at her and question her indefinitely.

Why is she so foolish?

"Then you definitely knew me beforehand. Since childhood! Why did you deny it the entire time!? I asked you and you always denied it every time!" She pursed her lips, as if she too was fighting something within her.

She forced a weak smile.

"It's easier to believe in a lie isn't it?"

Sifra does not tells lies.

Ugo widened his eyes as he read between the lines. 

"I killed too much, I am no longer the innocent little Princess trapped in my room. I did not want you to love me because I knew David would stop at no cost to pursue me. I do not want you harmed. Besides, your memories were of nothing but blurs, it could be considered non-existent. Am I wrong?" She looked so sad. She looked tired.

"B-But I-" His own words were stuck in his throat. What can he say to that? 

"However, do not worry, if it is for you, I am willing to do cruel things. No matter, such is in the past. We have moved past that haven't we?" He gave a small yet firm nod. He wiped away his tears and saw her stare at him with a weak smile.

"Sifra...you..."

"I promised myself to help you after you showed me the world didn't I?"

"Sifra! You...are...such a difficult woman." It was a strange statement, but enough to make her laugh. Ugo nervously played with his fingers as she gave a small nod.

"I have been told such." Ugo shook his head before he sat up straighter than before.

He won't let her suffer anymore.

"Sifra." He called her name firmly and she tilted her head slightly in question. 

He wanted to thank her for considering him even if she was cold to him the entire time. The times where she protected him from magicians back in Alma Torran, to when she told him to leave while she fought against David.

Sifra was not an expressive person, and to think that his love was not for naught, made him happy. She asks him if she can love him regardless of her evil deeds?

The devil was willing to protect him.

"Of course you can."

Then there was a pause. Not before long, tears rolled down her cheeks. It shocked him so much that it almost seem to paralyse him. He rushed to her side and panicked over her. 

She brushed it off and walked away from him. Uraltugo became slightly disheartened but at the same time, wanted to respect her private space. She wiped away her tears and stood at least a metre away from him. She then smiled brightly and gratefully.

Why has she been avoiding him and going into contact with him?

"Thank you for loving me despite my flaws and cruelty."

This time, he will cherish her like he should have been.

This time, they can be lovers despite their flaws and their past.

It would all be fine.

Right?

"Uraltugo, I am happy. I am grateful we are able to clear misunderstandings. I really am, but I must tell you something." Despite the following words, she had a peaceful expression on her face. 

"Separating two people's rukh does have side effects. And although I became a superior being, it does not eradicate the effects I received before Godhood." 

He forgot that she is still dying.

"What..?"

Uraltugo widened his eyes and his breathing turned shallow.

"Of course, as a Goddess, perhaps I am not even of that high of a position. Instead of death, it would be more of eternal slumber I suppose. I doubt I would be able to return to the Great Flow. I will most likely remain here, or perhaps disintegrate in the air."

No.

Perhaps then, he realized her weak physicality and her light fainter than usual. 

"I decided to leave the Djinns. They...do not know of this as I do not wish to inform them while they are spending happy times with the other Djinns. Since you now know how to travel between dimensions, you may visit the others and enjoy the rest of your time there." She looked up at him with a relaxed expression.

Why?

"Uraltugo, you do not need to feel guilty, for I was the one who requested of such an absurd thing. I also do not wish to pull any one of you down with me. For these side effects may be transferable."

Uraltugo widened his eyes in sudden realization. Tears followed immediately after.

Was that why she keeps pushing him aside before?

"Thank you, Uraltugo. I apologize for this sudden news, but I believed it would be better if I explained everything before I permanently disappear. Thank you for reviving both Misuki-" 

"Stop." 

"Uraltugo. You are the kindest and greatest magician I have ever met and loved."

"Please..." Her figure was blurry through his sheet of tears.

"You did so much for me, and I will be forever grateful. Misuki and-"

"STOP!" He yelled, and she stopped.

"I-I don't want to hear any of that! You promised me! I did all you asked for! I made another body for Misuki. Then you...why are you so selfless! Vermillion-"

"I promised to tell you everything with the full truth before I disappear." She responded weakly, "I fulfilled it by your side."

There it was, her snake personality. To find loopholes in everything she could to make sure everything she planned goes her way. 

"No! I refuse to leave you!"

"Uraltugo...will you listen to me-"

"No! I won't! Every time I did, you just die!" It was the truth. Every single time, he trusted her decision, it always turns sour in the end. "Is there no other way? There must be!" Her lack of response was her answer. 

A few months at his side.

The world crashed onto him again.

Perhaps then, he felt as if he was the most selfish person in the world. For he did something he never thought he would do. But then again, she was selfish to only tell him now, when she was in her last stages of life. 

Uraltugo swore to protect her and stay by her side.

If she was able to give up everything, then he will do the same. 

He doesn't want to be alone anymore. He doesn't want to live a life without her anymore.

Uraltugo pulled her into a sudden tight, binding hug. 

If she was going to disappear, he will too.

"Uraltugo! What are you-" 

"Sifra, can I be just as selfish?"

"You must not touch me, I avoided close contact-" Sifra tried to pushed him away, but she could not as Ugo held on for his dear life. She was trying so hard, but without much magic power, she was physically weak against him.

"Uraltugo, please," She tried so hard to not break down, to hide her tears and to be strong. 

"You deserve to live, you deserve to spend more time with the others." 

"Sifra, you too." He replied, "You saved the world."

"Yet I have too much blood on my hands-" Uraltugo cut her off with a pleading look, himself almost drenched in his own tears. 

"Will you respect my wish? All I ever wanted was to...rest and spend time with my beloved. Please." 

"Uraltugo, why? Why are you so foolish?" Sifra's figure trembled. "Please, do not do this for my sake."  

"I am a foolish genius, only for you. So will you listen to my one request?" Uraltugo held onto her and wiped away her tears. He smiled fondly as he realized that this was the first time he saw her cry. No longer the cold Elder before and the robotic magician. 

She was crying like any other emotional normal human being. Like the little girl he saved long ago, where he was not as shy around girls or afraid of the world. 

She was crying for him. 

So he then hugged tightly, as he patted her back gently despite her protests which eventually turned into acceptance. 

He too felt himself getting tired. 

"Uraltugo, you really are a selfish man. How will we tell the others?" Ugo laughed light heartedly, before he pulled away. He looked at the chess board before he stared right back into those confused ambers. 

"Sifra, can we watch the night sky together?" Sifra raised a brow at him for ignoring her question, but then a small smile rose to her lips.

"Of course." Uraltugo held her hand, and they intertwined their fingers together. For once, he could see her without a care in the world. For once, he could touch her, even it's only for a short moment. 

Uraltugo was finally able to rest beside his beloved. 

"Please, let me stay by your side until the very end."

________________________________________________________________________________

"This is..."

"Can Bird read it?"

"This is...in my language. How?"

"Onee-san wrote it."

________________________________________________________________________________

"I did not expect Sifra...would to be able to write in my language."

Her fingers flipped the pages as she skimmed through the chapters.

"I can't believe she wrote down everything. Wow..."

"What are you doing out here?"

Misuki jumped at the deep and husky voice behind her. She turned around and let out a sigh of relief when she only saw Muu. She put a hand over her heart to calm her nerves.

"It's late out. Actually, it's midnight. You should be asleep." Misuki sheepishly smiled and awkwardly laughed.

"Well Captain, you should be asleep too."

"How can I sleep if you're awake?" Muu sent her a grin as if to tease her. She blushed slightly and coughed to distract herself.

Who knew Muu was such a tease?

"S-stop it. I was just reading the book Sifra gave me." His eyes glanced at the journal in her lap. "She spent three years with the others and wrote a story in my language from the other world."

"She did?"

"Yea, so I was just finishing the final chapter. It's like a diary and a story. She wrote down everything I did and she did. I guess she wanted me to know or wanted to write down some memories." Misuki grinned as she opened it to the title page. There were pages ripped out in front, due to her messages for the others. But Misuki did not mind.

From the diary, she learned what she did and what happened. 

Misuki was extremely grateful.

"What is it called?" Misuki chuckled, confusing the Fanalis.

"Guess. Hawk knew instantly just by the picture." He raised a brow before he let out a sigh. On the cover was a magnificent bird with bright red flames.

"How would I know? Bird? Since it's about you, most of it at least." Misuki yawned and shut the book. She sheepishly smiled at him and spoke with a tired voice.

"Vermillion Bird."

It's kinda ironic to her.

Vermillion is dead. 

Even if the book was dedicated to her, with Vermillion Bird perhaps as symbolism. Misuki was just a bird, a traveller, a person from another world that was able to arrive at the Magi universe due to an extremely strong magician. She was not brilliant or intelligent or overpowered.

Misuki was unable to hold Flauro's wand as easily as Sifra did.

She was unable to save the friend that kept her sane for the three years she stayed within Sifra. Besides, Sifra was the one who saved him, Sifra was the one that kept him alive within her. She was the one that helped Vermillion and took care of him.

Misuki did nothing close to that for Vermillion.

Vermillion Bird suited her instead.

The flames, the eyes and her personality. Misuki was not anywhere close to that elegance nor the description she read in myths. 

They were opposites, that she admitted. Misuki knew both had flaws and positives, and Misuki learned one thing from Sifra.

It was to face the problem head-on instead of running away.

A lesson she will forever heed for the rest of her life. 

"I like Bird better."

"Mhmm." It took a few moments for her to understand. "Is Titus and Myron and Hawk telling you things?" Her cheeks once again dusted with pink. She pouted and cross her arms.

"I can't spend a lot of time with you during the day because I have to be with Lord Titus. Lord Titus and Myron were telling me to at least take care of you after my work. And well...Hawk is being protective as always." He explained with a nervous smile on his face, then it was replaced by a concerned look.

"Anyway, you should get some rest."

"Oh, well you don't have to-WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?" Misuki was scooped up by his arms and now he was holding her bridal style as he ran back.

"Slow down! I'm GONNA DIE IF YOU JUMP FRO-GAHHHHH!"

She wrapped her arms around his neck instinctively and almost cried as they practically jumped from one sky island to the next in mere seconds.

"Oh my Solomon...you...are going...to kill me...how am I going to sleep peacefully..." She huffed as she looked around. "Okay, you can put me down now. Next time, you have to tell me these things!"

"But you trust me don't you?"

"Of course I do, but I'm also afraid of-" Muu silenced her with a kiss to her lips. She immediately lit up and started hitting him on the shoulder and chest. Her punch was light and playfully and tired. Soon, she stopped as she relaxed in his hold, her cheeks still flaming red.

"I still can't believe you're my boyfriend." Muu pulled back and kissed her on the cheek.

"Do you believe it now?"

"S-Stop it!" Then the two broke out into a laugh.

"Seriously. You don't have to worry, I see you every day anyways." She nodded as she heaved out a tired sigh. "You just do what you need to do and I'll support you all the way."

"Thanks."

"Mhmm. Because I trust you, Tiger."

"Don't call me that."

"Do you prefer Mr. Knight?" She laughed before Muu heaved out an irritated sigh.

"That's even worse." 

"I like it~" Muu watched as she slowly closed her eyes before waking herself up again with a jolt.

"You can go to sleep, I promise I won't do anything. You trust me right?" She gave a light hum in return before she turned her body to his. The book tightly in her chest and both pressed against him. Soon, her breath became shallow and light, an indication that she was falling asleep.

The Fanalis Captain brought her back to her room and set her down onto her bed. He took the book away from her hands and placed it on the desk. He pulled the covers over her as he watched her turn and her voice drowsy.

"You're a good person Muu, have anyone told you that?"

"By you, most of the time."

"It's true though."

"You too."

"Thanks." There was a small silence before Muu spoke up again and kissed her forehead.

"I love you."

"Please...stop..." Muu chuckled as she gave in to sleep so easily. He held her hand and seeing as she did not react, he assumed she truly fell asleep.

He kissed her hand before he put her hand back onto the bed. He watched her for a brief moment, her peaceful state, before he finally stood up and prepared to leave. He stepped out and carefully shut the door without any sound and watched the moon shine brightly above him.

"Thank you Sifra, for keeping your promise."

He heaved out a sigh. His hand in his pockets as he felt the corners of a small box.

"Should I wait until tomorrow? Next week? Or next month? Myron and Titus are nagging me about this. Even Hawk."

In his pocket, beside his sword, was a box.

In the box are a hundred promises and a hundred wishes.

In this box is a symbol of love through time. An emblem of devotion and forgiveness.

In this box holds all of his heart and soul.

"Soon."

________________________________________________________________________________

Next chapter is the epilogue, and officially the end of this fanfiction. Originally, I wanted to end here, but I figured one more won't hurt! 

I am so grateful and happy for all of your readers!

Notes

Serendine: Well well well. Do I need to explain?

Zera: Remember before the "return to the rukh" thing happened, Sifra met a healer and taught her for one night? This was her! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Trust By eff_off

Fanfiction

53K 1.9K 39
Fairy Tail betrayed her. She knew that she was weak, she knew that she was useless, but she always tried harder, she always did better than before a...
1.4K 56 12
After leaving behind a crumbling relationship, you find yourself becoming an unlikely, yet unstoppable duo with a fallen magi. Getting to that point...
16.9K 302 46
Completed on (1/29/20) Highest ranking: #1 on kingdomofmagic Hi I'm Mavis Vermilion who is known as the first master of fairy tail and owns the thre...
843 0 10
It's 10 years after Sinbad and Hikari's story, Aladdin is a young and noble Magi with a magic flute that gives him the power to summon giant creature...