The Creed of Remnant (RWBY X...

By MasterBlaster10000

The world of Remnant, a place so familiar, yet so different. The two Gods have left this world ages ago, lea... More

Prolouge: Death in the Family
Chapter 1: Life Goes On
Chapter 2: The Opportunity
Chapter 2 Epilogue
Chapter 3: The Arrival
Chapter 4: The Initiation
Chapter 5: The Initiation Pt. 2
Chapter 6: The New Alliance
Chapter 7: The First Day
Chapter 8: The Reunion
Chapter 10: Rise of the Knight
Chapter 11: Streets and Rooftops
Chapter 12: The Cat's Out of the Bag
Chapter 13: Knights and Pawns (End of Volume 1)
Chapter 14: Books and Food
Chapter 15: Taking Action
Chapter 16: The Opposite of Stealth Pt.1
Chapter 17: The Opposite of Stealth Pt. 2
Chapter 18: Knowing One's Limits
Chapter 19: Holding Back
Chapter 20: The Dance of Blades
Chapter 21: The Not-so Secret Mission
Chapter 22: The Darkest Corner
Chapter 23: It Came From Below
Chapter 24: The Pain Train
Chapter 25: Breach of Vale (End of volume 2)
Chapter 26: Let The Festival Begin!
Chapter 27: On With the Show
Chapter 28: Inner Circles
Chapter 29: Only the Best
Chapter 30: Expect the Unexpected
Chapter 31: Beginning of the Fall
Chapter 32: The Witness
Chapter 33: The Truth Hurts
Chapter 34: Final Round
Chapter 35: One for all, all for one
Chapter 36: We'll All Fall Someday
Chapter 37: The Dragon and the Maiden
Chapter 38: Freedom, or Order? (End of Volume 3)
Chapter 39: After the Fall
Chapter 40: The Runaways
Chapter 41: Angels and Demons
Chapter 42: The Better Days
Chapter 43: No Place Like Home
Chapter 44: A Run For Your Life
Chapter 45: The Secret War
Chapter 46: Ghosts From the Past
Chapter 47: Facing Your Fears
Chapter 48: Healing Wounds
Chapter 49: The Next Step
Chapter 50: The New Beginning (End of Volume 4)
Chapter 51: More Trouble
Chapter 52: Chasing the Past
Chapter 53: The Rise and The Fall
Chapter 54: Not as Simple as it Seemed
Chapter 55: Scars of War
Chapter 56: Memories and Conspiracies
Chapter 57: The Guilty and The Dead
Chapter 58: Plans and Secrets
Chapter 59: Echoes of the Past
Chapter 60: Victory at Cost (End of Volume 5)
Chapter 61: Splitting the Party
Chapter 62: Once Upon a Time
Chapter 63: Downhill
Chapter 64: Don't Trust the Walls
Chapter 65: Familiar Faces
Chapter 66: The Eternal Warrior

Chapter 9: Helping Jaune

863 19 1
By MasterBlaster10000

Beacon Auditoriom, Glynda's combat class, 11:50 am

Another day in Beacon Academy, another class, this time it's the combat class. Jaune was in the middle of a duel with a guy named Cardin, things were not lookin so bright for, as he was simply standing there mocking Jaune, who was breathing heavily, clearly exausted. He charged at Cardin and swang his sword, only for Cardin to dodge it, and launch Jaune to the other side of the stage, making him loose grip on his shield. Jaune tried to hit his opponent again, this time, his attack was blocked with Cardin's mace.

Cardin: This is the part where you lose.

Jaune: Over my dead-!

He couldn't finish, as Cardin hit him below the belt, making Jaune drop to the ground. It seemed like it's the end, Jaune was about have his head crushed with a mace. Thankfully he was saved by a buzzer, signaling the end of the fight.

Glynda: Cardin, that's enough! Students, as you can see, Mr. Arc's Aura has now dropped into the red. In a tournament-styled duel, this would indicate that Jaune is no longer fit for battle, and that the official may call the match.(Turns to Jaune) Mr. Arc, it's been weeks now. Please try to refer to your scroll during combat. Gauging your Aura will help you decide when it's appropriate to attack, or when it is better to move to a more... defensive strategy. We wouldn't want you to be gobbled up by a Beawolf now, would we?

Cardin: Speak for yourself...

Gylda: It seems we have time for one more duel. Does anyone volunteer?

A hand came out of the audiance.

Evie: I do.

Glynda: Well than. Come on to the stage Ms. Frye

Aveline: Did you talk her into this again Jacob?

Jacob: Nope. It wasn't me this time.

Evie step onto the stage and took a battle stance with her cane. Cardin simply smiled.

Cardin: You know I'm not afraid to hit girls, right?

Evie: Funny. I was going to say the same thing.

(A/N: Battle Music!)

Cardin's smirk turned into a frown almost instantly, as he charged at Evie, attempting to smash her with his mace. Evie simply jumped off to the side, with both hands behind her back. Cardin went for another swing with the same result, and again, and again. Finally he seemed to slow down to catch his breath, only to be hit in the face by Evie's cane. In an attempt to strike back, he charged at her, Evie used this opportunity to trip Cardin with her cane, making him fall on his back, she also took out a dagger from the cane and placed it near Cardin's neck. He tried to stand back up, but Evie's look told him otherwise, so he lied back down.

(A/N:end the music here if it's still going)

The buzzer sounded off, signalling the end of the duel. 

Glynda: Bravo, Ms. Frye. (turns to the audience) Today we have seen two good examples of winning duels. By depleting opponents aura, or making them submit. 

Evie put back her dagger in the cane and gave Cardin a helping hand. He refused, slapping Evie's hand away and storming off the stage. 

Glynda: Remember, everyone, the Vytal Festival is only a few months away! It won't be long before students from the other kingdoms start arriving in Vale, so keep practicing! Those who choose to compete in the combat tournament will be representing all of Vale!

Everybody seemed exited, even the assassins showed a few smiles. The bell finally ringed, and the students started leaving. The only person who stayed behind was Pyrra, who looked upon Jaune with a frown, he was still sitting on one of the benches, face down.

***

Beacon Cafeteria, some time later

It was lunch time and the three teams (RWBY, JNPR and EJEA) were at the same table, listening to Nora's "Epic Story".

Nora: So! There we were, in the middle of the night...

Ren: It was day.

Nora: We were surrounded by Ursai!

Ren: They were Beawolfs.

Nora: Dozens of them!

Ren: Two of them.

Meanwhile, Pyrra, Evie and Ruby looked at Jaune with concern. His face was still down and he seemed to be clouded by his thoughts.

Pyrra: Jaune? Are you okay?

Jaune: Huh? Oh, yeah! Why?

Ruby: It's just that you seem a little...

Evie: ... Not okay.

Everyone was now looking at Jaune. 

Jaune: Guys, I'm fine. Seriously! Look!

He made a thumbs up and gave everybody a fake smile. Suddenly, the table got distracted by team CRDL picking on a rabbid faunus girl. Aveline was about to stand up, but Ezio stopped her, nodding is disaproval. Aveline took a few seconds, and sat back down.

Pyrra: Jaune, Cardin's been picking on you since the first week of school!

Jaune: Who? Cardin Winchester? Nah... He just likes to mess around! You know, practical jokes!

Evie: If so then he's out touch.

Ruby: He's a bully!

Jaune: Oh, please! Name one time he's "bullied" me.

Jacob: That time he dropped your books.

Yang: That time he turned on your shield, and you were stuck in the door for hours.

Ezio: That time he shoved you into a locker, and sent you flying outside of city limits.

Jaune: I didn't land far from the school!

Pyrra: Jaune, you know if you ever need help, you can just ask.

Nora: Ooooh! We'll break his legs!

Aveline: I like that one.

Jaune: Guys, really, it's fine! Besides, it's not like he's only a jerk to me, he's a jerk to everyone.

Everybody heard an "ow" from where team CRDL was. Cardin was pulling on the faunus girl's ears.

Faunus Girl: Ow! That hurts! Please stop!

Cardin: I told you it was real!

CRDL member: What a freak!

Pyrra: Atrocious. I can't stand people like him.

Blake: He's not the only one...

Yang: It must be hard to be a Faunus.

Suddenly, Aveline stood up and started walking towards Cardin.

Ezio: Aveline!

Aveline: I'll be fine.

She walked up to Cardin and grabbed him by the wrists, squishing it, making him let go of Velvet's ear.

Cardin: Ow! What the hell?

Aveline: Hello Winchester. Didn't anybody tell you it's rude to bully people?

Cardin: So? She's a Faunus, not a person.

Aveline: Either way, this should be the last time.

She squeezed Cardin's wrist more.

Aveline: Right?

Cardin: Fine!

Aveline relased Cardin, as he stormed off with his team.

Faunus Girl: Um... Thank you.

Aveline: It was nothing. I'm Aveline.

Velvet: Velvet. Pleasure to meet you.

Aveline: Same here, I... hope I didn't cause too much trouble.

Velvet: Oh no, you are no trouble at all. Thank you again for your help.

They both nodded and went to their respected tables.

Nora: What was that about?

Ruby: Yeah, Aveline exploded more than Yang usually does.

Yang: Yeah... hey!

Evie: We... are not sure.

Ezio: She seems to have does kinds of outbursts whenever a Faunus is in danger.

Blake: Can't you ask her about it?

Jacob: We did, but she avoids the question every time. We know as much as you.

***

Professor Obleck's class, some time later

Obleck: Yes! Yes, prior to the Faunus Rights Revolution more popularly known as the Faunus war...

Exactly 1 minute later

Obleck: Now! Have any among you been subjugated or discriminated because of your Faunus heritage?

While Obeck drinked his coffe, a few stuents raised their hand. Velvet joined them after a few second.

Obleck: Dreadful, simply dreadful! Remember, students, it is precisely this kind of ignorance that breeds violence! I mean, I mean, I mean just look at what happened to White Fang! Now, which one of you young scholars can tell me what many theorize to be the turning point in the third year of the War?

Weiss: The battle at Fort Castle!

Obleck: Precisely! And, who can tell me the advantage the Faunus had over General Lagune's forces?

Suddenly, Cardin threw a paper ball at Jaune, when Obleck wasn't looking.

Jaune: Hey!

Obleck: Mr. Arc! Finally contributing to class! This is excellent! Excellent! What is the answer?

Jaune: Uhhhh... 

Pyrra tried to help Jaune, by mouthing the answer, and cuping her hand around her eyes.

Jaune: The answer... The advantage... that the Faunus...had over that guy's stuff...Uhh... Binoculars

The class laughed (Cardin laughing the loudest), as Pyrra slapped her hand on her face. Obleck took another sip of coffe.

Obleck: Very funny, Mr. Arc! Cardin! Perhaps you would care to share your thoughts on the subject!

Cardin: Well, I know it's a lot easier to train an animal than a soldier.

Pyrra: You're not the most open-minded of individuals, are you, Cardin?

Cardin: What? You got a problem?

Pyrra: No, I have the answer! It's night vision. Many Faunus are known to have nearly-perfect sight in the dark.

Blake: General Lagune was inexperienced, and made the mistake of trying to ambush the Faunus in their sleep. His massive army was outmatched, and the general was captured.

Aveline: Maybe if he'd paid attention in class, he wouldn't have been remembered as such a failure.

Cardin got up.

Obleck: Mr. Winchester! Please take your seat. You and Mr. Arc can both see me after class for additional readings. Now! Moving on!

Moments later

The class ended with a ring of a bell, marking the end of the school day.

Evie: Well, this was an intresting day. You're up for a match Pyrra?

Pyrra: Maybe not today. You go on ahead. I'll wait for Jaune.

Evie: Okay, see you around.

Pyrra stood by the door and listened to what Obleck had to say.

Obleck: You two have been struggling in my class since day one! Now, I don't know if it's a lack of interest, or just your stubborn nature, but whatever it is... (takes a sip of coffe) It stops now! You've worked hard to gain entrance to this school, and we only accept the best of the best, so I expect you to act like it. History is important, gentlemen! If you can't learn from it... you're destined to repeat it. Pages fifty-one to ninety-one! I want an essay on my desk by next class! Now! Run along.

Obleck zoomed through the door past Pyrra. Soon after, Jaune and Cardin left the classroom as well, Cardin pushed Jaune over, and stormed off. Pyrra approached Jaune and helped him up.

Pyrra: You know, I really will break his legs. I have an idea! Here, come with me!

She grabbed Jaune by the shoulder and lead him to a rooftop.

Jaune: Pyrrha, I know I'm going through a hard time right now, but I'm not that depressed.

Pyrra: N-n-no! That's not why I brought you up here! Jaune, I know you're having a difficult time in class and that you're still not the strongest of fighters, so... I want to help you!

Jaune: Wh-what?

Pyrra: We can train up here after class where no one can bother us!

Jaune: You think I need help?

Pyrra: N-no! No, that's not what I meant.

Jaune: But you just said it.

Pyrra: Jaune, everybody needs a little push from time to time. It doesn't make you any different from the rest of us. You made it to Beacon! That speaks volumes of what you're capable of!

Jaune: You're wrong. I-I don't belong here.

Pyrra: That's a terrible thing to say! Of course you do!

Jaune: No, I don't! I wasn't really accepted into Beacon...I didn't earn my spot at this Academy! I lied! I got my hands on some fake transcripts, and I lied!

Pyrra: What? But... why?

Jaune: Cause this is always what I've wanted to be! My father, my grandfather, and his father before him were all warriors! They were all heroes! I wanted to be one, too. I was just never good enough.

Pyrra: Then let me help you!

Jaune: I don't want help! I don't want to be the damsel in distress! I want to be the hero! I'm tired of being the lovable idiot, stuck in the tree while his friends fight for their lives! Don't you understand? If I can't do this on my own... then what good am I? Just... leave me alone. Okay?

Pyrra: If that's what you think is best...

She walked away, leaving Jaune alone on the rooftop... or so he thought.

???: Oh, Jaune...

Jaune: Cardin!

Cardin: I couldn't help but overhear you two from my dorm room. So, you snuck into Beacon, huh? I gotta say, Jaune, I never expected you to be such a rebel!

Jaune: Please, Cardin, don't tell anyone!

Cardin: Jaune, come on! I'd never rat on a friend like that. We're friends now, Jauney boy! And the way I see it, as long as you're there for me when I need you, we'll be friends for a long time. That being said, I really don't have time to do those extra readings Dr. Oobleck gave us today. Think you could take care of that for me, buddy?

Jaune gave him a fake smile.

Cardin: That's what I thought.

He left, and after some time Jaune followed. On a higher rooftop, a shadowy figure watched the whole thing. It was Evie.

Evie: *sighs* This will be a problem.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.3K 533 51
Vale has fallen, but the fight isn't over yet. Salem has to be stopped or the same fate that fell upon Vale will fall on the other Kingdoms. But with...
119K 1.8K 32
[PART 1 IS COMPLETE! PART 2 HAS BEEN CANCELLED!] As a child, y/n always heard voices. And rarely, he swears he saw someone. He was abused by his fath...
47.4K 844 50
After the events of Max Steel Season 2 with The destruction of Makino and Just after the events of, the Wrath of Makino, but before the Morpheus movi...
9.9K 286 11
Jaune arc was just like any other kid just wanting to make his dream a reality of wanting to be a hero and thought of asking for help from others in...