CHINAZA

By oma_temz

Two very empty lives collide. More

OTÚ
ABÚO
ATÓ
ANÓ
ÌSE
ISÍÍ
ASAA
ASATO
ITOOLU
IRI
IRI NA OTU
IRI NA ABUO
IRI NA ATO
IRI NA ANO
IRI NA ISE
IRI NA ISII
EPILOGUE

IRI NA ASAA

38 10 0
By oma_temz

Stephanie had began texting Ayo. Ayo was the man her bestfriend tried playing matchmaker with. So far, he seemed like the perfect man for marriage; he was a believer, a doctor, he liked Chinaza and above all, he was Igbo. Intially, she thought he was Yoruba until he explained that both his parents are Igbo and he is the only child that brought them joy, hence, the name 'Ayo. Chinaza had said it a few times that he couldn't wait to meet Ayo and Stephanie always told Ayo to come visit already since Chinaza wanted to meet him, but in reality, she was expectant too.

As they left the Arrivals terminal, Stephanie saw Iheanyi waiting. She had missed him, even Naza missed him. She had bought clothes for the new baby and couldn't wait for the child dedication. Iheanyi was smiling as he waited for them to come out.

"Madam. Welcome." Iheanyi said.

"Iheanyi, how are you?" Stephanie asked.

"I'm fine ma." Iheanyi replied and turned to Chinaza. "So you don go Obodo Oyibo already? Chai! Ego di nma."

Naza just smiled and kept walking, he couldn't wait to gist Iheanyi about the trip.
Amanda have been quiet ever since her dinner with Chuka. Stephanie had noticed but she wasn't going to talk about it, at least not yet. She hoped Amanda took her advice and turned Chuka down because even if it was going to hurt, it was way better.

As they got closer to the gate of the house, they saw a van parked in front. It resembled an army van but on a closer look it was an Air force van. Stephanie knew immediately that Dipsy was there and wondered what he came for. She stepped out of the car with Naza beside her. He tried to keep an intimidating face which got Stephanie laughing. She turned and looked at him while laughing but his gaze remained unfaltering, so she stopped laughing.

"Stephanie, I've been calling your line. It never connects." Dipsy complained.

"Yeah. It shouldn't." Stephanie replied.

"I was blocked on all platforms right?" Dipsy asked.

"No, you weren't. I was out of the country." Stephanie explained.

"Oh! Okay," answered Dipsy.

"Naza, how are you? You look bigger than when we last saw." Dipsy tried talking with Naza but he was having it. He just turned and walked towards the car.

"Well, we would be going in now, thank you for checking on me," said Stephanie as she  followed behind Naza.

"Stephanie it's not that. I've been trying to call you because these past weeks have been terrible. I miss you Stephanie. I want us to start this you and me thing from the beginning." Dipsy said. Chinaza stopped, turned and walked towards Dipsy while Stephanie stood and watched.

"Dead that thought. If you came here thinking we would start playing family all over again, forget it." Naza said.

Stephanie was smiling, she remembered where they had seen that phrase, it was on Twitter and Chinaza was already using it. He was brilliant.

"Chinaza, you know I love you. You know that." Dipsy spoke looking directly at Chinaza.

"Didn't seem that way when you suggested my return to the orphanage." Chinaza retorted.

"You told him that?" Dipsy asked Stephanie.

"She didn't have to. I heard it." Chinaza said.

"No. You misunderstood me, I didn't mean it that way." Dipsy tried explaining.

"Sure!" Stephanie said swiftly from behind Naza.

"Exactly, even your mom knows." Dipsy replied, not noticing the sarcasm.

"We aren't going to ever get back together Dipsy. Forget it." Stephanie said.

"I'm a changed person please, don't use my past to judge me," Dipsy pleaded.

"This was just two weeks ago, Dipsy, it's no past and you can't just change in two weeks," Stephanie replied.

"I have changed, I don't know what you did but this past weeks I became a different person and I would treat you better now," Dipsy begged.

"Forget it Dipsy, if you've actually changed God will give you a woman that would love you more than I did. As for me, I'm not ready to find out willing to give you the benefit of the doubt," replied Stephanie.

Dipsy began removing his uniform, Stephanie was confused.

"Dipsy what are you doing?" Stephanie asked.

He didn't reply and just turned his back.
There was plaster on it, a huge one.
Stephanie and Naza rushed forward in concern, Stephanie was the first to speak, "Fuck! What happened to you?"

"We were attacked Stephanie. I was stabbed." Dipsy replied.

Chinaza dragged Stephanie's hand to get her attention and they both stepped back as if realizing he was still not forgiven.

"I'm sorry. I hope it's healing?" Stephanie asked.

"Gradually, but I talked to the doctor about us and she said you were my cure so I came to find you." Dipsy explained.

"Hilarious! I'm not God Dipsy, so I can't be your cure." Stephanie replied.

"Be careful next time, Mr Dipsy." Naza advised.

"No more 'Dad'? That hurts." Dipsy said.

"You called him dad?" Stephanie turned to look at Naza because he only called her mom when they were acting.

"It was only once, Mom." Naza answered.

"Trying to patronize me?" Stephanie folded her arms across her chest.

"Can I come inside?" Dipsy asked.

"No! You can't." Stephanie replied.

"I know I hurt you but I'm sorry. Can't we just try this you and me thing again?" Dipsy was being persistent but Neither Stephanie nor Chinaza was giving in.

"We can't try this again Dipsy. I really hope you find someone that loves you as I did because I can't do this anymore." Stephanie said.

"Do you love someone else?" Dipsy asked.

"That doesn't concern you." Stephanie replied.

"Yes, we love someone else." Naza chipped in.

"Isn't that too fast?" Dipsy asked.

"It's none of your business." Stephanie fired back.

"Then let's try this again. I'm willing to do this for us. Please Steph." Dipsy pleaded.

"I can't, I'm sorry." Stephanie replied.

"You've made up you mind. I understand.
Dead or alive, you would always remain in my heart." Dipsy said.

"No need to say that Dipsy, I'm not dying anytime soon and neither are you." Stephanie replied.

"Mr Ayo is calling, mom." Chinaza said as he brought his phone out of his pocket.

"Ayo? That's the man? I thought you weren't marrying a Yoruba man?" Dipsy asked.

"Still none of your business. Have a nice life." Stephanie replied.

"Things changed." Naza said and walked away from Dipsy.

Everyone came down after unpacking and relaxed for dinner. They were having a box of pizza and drinks. Chinaza wasn't ready to have a conversation with them, he just concentrated on his food and when Stephanie asked why he was hurrying, he told her that Ayo was going to call him.
She wondered what Ayo could be discussing with a 15 year old boy but  she was glad he was leaving, then she would talk to Amanda and find out what the problem was.

"Goodnight Miss Stephanie, Sister Amanda." Naza greeted as he ran towards the stairs.
Stephanie was sad, they were back to miss Stephanie. They both replied him and Stephanie waited for a while to be sure he couldn't hear their remaining conversation.

"What's happening Amanda?" Stephanie asked.

"I don't know what you talking about." Amanda replied.

"Really? Because you've been off for a while." Stephanie said.

"I'm fine, probably jetlagged." Amanda picked up the last slice of pizza.

"Really?? Did Chuka do something?" Stephanie asked.

"It's not about him. It's me. He found out we lied and I'm actually a Reverend Sister.
He asked me to go and find out what exactly I want. I shouldn't call him until I know but I want him, I really do." Amanda explained.

"I'm sorry about that but he's right. You need to make up your mind. Are you leaving or not?" Stephanie asked.

"I'm leaving. I want to get married and have kids." Amanda answered without haste.

"You sure that's what you want?" Stephanie wanted her to be sure.

"Yes. Yes that's what I want." Amanda stood.

"Give him time. He actually loves you." Stephanie said, recalling her conversation with her brother yet wondering why he didn't mention this.

"He does?"Amanda asked expectantly.

"Surprisingly," Stephanie replied.

"Would you try things with Dipsy again?" Sister Amanda asked.

"No," Stephanie replied.

"So it's now you and Ayo?" Amanda went back to sit down.

"We aren't an item okay? At least not yet," Stephanie answered.

"But you want to." Amanda said.

"Who wouldn't!"

"Dipsy, I think he loves you in his own way but then it's still your choice," Amanda said.

"Well, I choose peace of mind. He would get over it. He just wants someone to nurse him back to health and then he would return to his normal lifestyle." Stephanie was trying to make Sister Amanda understand that Dipsy couldn't just change in less than a month. He was hurt and he needed to be loved that's why came back not because he was a changed person but he liked the idea of someone loving him as much as Stephanie did.

"So you've made up your mind then?" Amanda asked.

"Yes. Yes I have and it's the best for Chinaza and me." Stephanie replied.

"Thank you. I really like how  you consider Chinaza in any decision you make. I'm really glad you found him." Amanda said.

"Well I'm glad too. He's made me happy." Stephanie moved to the Chaise lounge.

"Come to think of it, how did you both meet?" Amanda asked.

Stephanie's mind flashed back to that day, Naza was very good at stealing from her but when he got caught he became so calm. There was no way Stephanie was telling Amanda that Chinaza tried stealing from her.

"Told you already, he was hanging around my office." Stephanie lied.

"Really?? I'm supposed to believe that?" Amanda asked, knowing she was lying.

"It's the truth, so you have to believe it." Stephanie replied.

"I knew you lied to the Sisters but don't lie to me." Amanda said.

"Didn't lie to nobody Amanda, it's been the truth from day one." Stephanie stood up from the lounge, deciding she would skip watching television tonight in order to avoid the questions. "Goodnight Amanda."

Stephanie stopped at Chinaza's room to cover him up and tell him goodnight but he wasn't asleep, instead she could hear Ayo's voice.

"Are you sleeping Naza? I thought you wanted to know what makes me different. Wake up." Ayo called.

"I'm sorry. I wouldn't sleep again." Naza replied sleepily.

"Okay. Let's just do this again for 5 minutes and you can sleep." Ayo said.

Stephanie just stood outside the door waiting and then she heard Naza praying.
She was impressed, they hadn't gone to church in a while but this Sunday they would. Ayo was a good influence on Naza and honestly, she wouldn't mind marrying him but he probably wouldn't even be interested so she wasn't gonna force it.
Whether they were married or not, Naza would always look up to Ayo, she knew that so well.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.1K 512 20
"𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐫, 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐢 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐞" ongoing ! •𝙠𝙡𝙤𝙨𝙫𝙧𝙚 𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙙𝙪𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙨
336K 12.9K 44
𝘛𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘸𝘰 𝘰𝘱𝘱𝘰𝘴𝘪𝘵𝘦 𝘱𝘦𝘰𝘱𝘭𝘦, 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘶𝘮𝘢 𝘭𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘮 𝘵𝘰𝘨𝘦𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳.
258K 28.3K 51
A story of heartbreak, betrayal and bounce backs.
13.3K 1.7K 31
Ibrahim, an easy going man who can sacrifice his happiness, if it means his son gets to have a mother. Maryam, a broken soul who found happiness i...