Tender Care

By tayiah18

in which a 17 year old girl encounters her favorite band, and realizes how much they want her. |OneDirection... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-one
Twenty-two
Twenty-three
Twenty-four
Twenty-five
Twenty-six
Twenty-seven
Twenty-eight
Twenty-nine
Thirty
Thirty-one
Thirty-two
Thirty-three
Thirty-four
Thirty-five
Thirty-six
Thirty-seven
Thirty-eight
Thirty-nine
Forty
Forty-one
Forty-two
Forty-three
Forty-four
Forty-five
Forty-six
Forty-seven
Forty-eight
Forty-nine
Fifty
Fifty-one
Fifty-two
Fifty-three
Fifty-four
Fifty-five
Fifty-six
Fifty-seven
Fifty-eight
Fifty-nine
Sixty
Sixty-one
Sixty-two
Sixty-four
Sixty-five
Sixty-six

Sixty-three

9K 210 21
By tayiah18

Harry slowly opened the door to his baby's nursery room, creeping in quietly.

The light-colored room was darker from the black out curtains hung on her windows.

The only noises going in the room was the small, white noise machine, and Nova's quiet breaths while she slept.

Harry went over to her curtains, pulling them apart to let in the light from afternoon sun.

"Nova, baby, it's time to wake up"

Harry cooed, going over to her crib.

He bent down to rub her back lightly, before staring to see her stir.

Nova groaned a little bit, opening her eyes slowly to see Harry above her crib.

She only shook her head, picking up one of her baby blankets and dropping it on her face.

"Babe, it's time to wake up. Nap time's over"

Harry smiled down at Nova, grasping one of her hands, softly.

He couldn't see her face, but she barely had any movement, signaling she was trying to fall asleep again.

"Sorry lovie, but I have to"

Nova soon groaned as she was picked up carefully from her bed.

The teenager sighed, as she rested her head on his shoulder.

"Still tired" Nova pouted, rubbing her eyes.

Harry nodded, "I know" he mumbled, patting some of her hair down.

"But if you stay sleep, it'll be hard to go night night later. So what if we get you a snack, that will help"

He suggested, keeping a grip on her in his arms.

With one of his free hands he turned off the white noise machine, before heading out of her nursery.

As soon as the two hit going down the stairs, Nova was now able to hear the bangs and ruckus in the kitchen.

And she was not pleased at all.

Nova figured that they arrived when she was just sleeping.

Nova did remember how last night her daddies did warn her how today the renovations would start in their kitchen.

However, she didn't realize that she could get annoyed of the sounds already this quick.

"Too loud, daddy" Nova sighed, lifting her head and glancing up at Harry.

"I know, angel. I knew it would bother you quick, but it's only for some days, and then it's over"

Harry assured, as he got down to the last step on the stairs.

"Remember daddies told you?"

He asked, looking down at her face.

"Yeah" Nova nodded.

Harry then walked into the kitchen with Nova, seeing Tony in there with a couple of his team, working on a corner where they needed to replace new wood on the floor.

The team was focused that they didn't notice them and continued with their work.

Immediately though, Nova started to smell all the wood dust and chemical supplies they were using for the floors.

She even brought her fingers up to itch her nose right away for breathing that in.

"Look, there's dada" Harry smiled, walking into the connecting dinning room, as they saw Louis sat in one of the chairs.

Louis looked up from his phone, before turning it off and setting it further from him.

"Hi angel, c'mere"

Louis cooed, making hands toward her before Harry came over and gently set her in his lap.

"You have a good nap, love?" Louis questioned, snuggling her in his lap.

Nova nodded before Harry spoke up.

"Well I think she did, considering she didn't want to wake up. But I'm going to get her a snack real quick so she can eat something"

Harry announced.

Louis mumbled, an 'okay', watching Harry move into the kitchen.

Nova continued to wait in Louis's lap, listening to noises coming from the kitchen, wishing she could tune them out.

Especially since the faint smell of everything was getting stronger for her, and Nova did not like it.

"My nose itches, dada"

Nova spoke up, pointing at her nose to Louis, frowning.

"Is it? It's probably from the air in the kitchen, is it really bad?"

"Not really"

Nova answered back, knowing she was still fine.

"Okay well after you eat here, we'll go into another room, angel"

Nova was sat on one of her large blankets in the living room, opening up one of her doll houses.

Zayn and Niall were not too far from her on the couch, watching Nova and the tv.

Although, it was more her, as they glanced at her every time she sneezed, and that was many times.

Nova cleared her throat a couple of times before picking a little doll. She touched her throat, as it didn't feel the best anymore.

"You okay, baby? You're clearing your throat a lot"

Zayn noticed, showing a concerned expression down at her.

"I'm fine" Nova mumbled, playing with the hair of the little figurine.

She really wasn't, but didn't want to make a big deal out of it, thinking she was still okay.

Nova was starting to take deeper breaths though , because of the tightness that was appearing in her lungs.

"Okay, but if you're really not fine, you need to tell daddy. You keep touching your throat, babe"

Zayn pointed out, not feeling completely convinced by her words.

Only because of her habit of downplaying how she felt physically.

"I know" Nova answered softly, she glanced up at Zayn and Niall before looking at her toys again.

Zayn decided to leave it only for now, just because he didn't notice something too serious at the moment.

It was now only the next half an hour,

In which, Nova felt much worse than she did before. From clearing her throat went to coughs as her lungs got tighter.

She knew her asthma could get very certain types of dusts and chemicals and that's exactly what happened.

The smell of all that stuff was just in the kitchen but now circulated in the other rooms on this first level of the house.

Nova was now in Niall's arms, having a very hard time breathing.

Everything went by pretty quickly and now breathing and chest pains were Nova's biggest symptoms.

She wanted to cry but didn't as she felt that would take some energy that she didn't have.

Nova didn't have asthma problems a lot, so when they happened, she got scared.

"Love, try to drink a little bit of water, I know it's bad, but this should help a bit"

Liam suggested with hurry, coming over to hand Nova her sippy cup.

All five of them were now with her, since the issue got worse. They wanted to panic but had to keep their composure to not scare her.

It was just hard not knowing if this was a full on asthma attack or just flare up, either way wasn't good.

Nova took some small sips, before having to cough multiple times. Each cough had a strong wheeze at end, signaling her breathing wasn't getting better.

"I'm so sorry, Nova. We had no idea this could set off your asthma. Did you get her inhaler, Zayn?"

Niall asked, directing his attention towards Zayn who just came back into the living room.

Zayn had a medium size bag with him that carried her nebulizer with other asthma treatment.

Zayn took the inhaler out, before giving it to Niall.

"Chest hurts" Nova mumbled, feeling constant pain in that area.

She was a little panicked about it also which didn't help her breathing.

"I know, angel. Your daddies are going to make the pain go away but you have to calm down, okay?" Harry spoke, giving her gently eyes.

"Here, open your mouth, babe"

Niall instructed, before Nova did what he told her.

He was able to have her get a couple of pumps of the medicine in, while Nova took deep breaths.

Even after a couple minutes of doing so, the wheezing was still bad, and Nova was still having a difficult time.

"Let's give her the nebulizer too, just the inhaler might not to do the full job"

Liam suggested.

Niall nodded, standing up with Nova in his arms before gently laying her back down on the long couch.

Nova whined immediately, just wanting one of her daddies's touch still with her.

"We're still staying here, princess. Just giving you space to lay down"

Zayn assured, leaning one of his hands to caress her face.

Niall then took the asthma machine to the ground to plug it in on a near outlet.

The wire was long so he able to crouch down in front of Nova on the couch and still have it reach.

"Now just relax, baby. This medicine treatment should help. We'll do it for 15 minutes"

Niall explained.

He waited until Nova whispered an 'okay', for him to turn it on, and apply the mouth and nose mask to her face.

It was quiet in the room as Nova eyes were shut while the mist of the nebulizer was being breathed in by her.

They were 8 minutes in, before Louis spoke up softly.

"So what are we going to do for the next couple of days? The guys will still be here working until Friday and we can't just keep having her asthma flare up until then"

Louis brought up, rubbing his neck.

"Well we know Nova can't be here. Her asthma's sensitive now and those particles are probably in the air upstairs too" Niall said, shaking his head.

"What if one of us stays with her at a hotel for these next couple of days. That'll should be good. There's a lot of hotels around here"

Harry suggested.

"That actually should be okay, why don't you be one that goes with her, the rest of us we'll just stay here"

Liam agreed, finding the idea not bad.

The rest them also agreed, forgiving they really had no choice since they wanted Nova to be okay and not bothered by allergies or asthma.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

962K 15.6K 47
The successful age - play story, Adopted by harrywearsaflowercrown, originally posted on archiveofourown.org, is now available to read on wattpad!
13.6K 155 38