Chasing Normal || Leondre Dev...

By blixciit

"The Janitor's Closet" Sequel! Does living 'happily ever after' really happen to people? It's always been mad... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
THANK YOU

Chapter 10

466 7 3
By blixciit

"Leo?"

"Yeah?"

"Are you... are you gonna do anything? About what happened?"

He was silent. We were sitting alone at the kitchen table. Evie was already in bed.

"Whenever you're ready," I said, breaking the silence. He sighed.

"I don't want to." I was hoping he wouldn't say that. I wanted that bitch to suffer for what she did.

"Why not?" I asked, trying not to be too forward.

"Because there's no point. I'm never going to see her again, and I'm perfectly happy. I just never want to think about it again, if that's okay?"

"If you're happy, I'm happy," I managed to get out. I wanted to cry, but I didn't.

We sat at the table for another hour. Leo was trying to find a new job. He never got good hours at his current one. He also hates working in retail, which is unfortunate considering he works at a clothing store.

Suddenly, he sat up straight and pointed at the screen of the laptop. I scooted even closer to him than I already was.

"I could work at the shelter!" He was beaming at the screen. I took the laptop and read the page. Our local shelter had a job opening as a caretaker for the dogs. No job we'd come across screamed 'Leo' more than that one.

He filled out the application. Speaking of jobs, I remembered that I had work in the morning. I'd been working at TacoBell for the past month. It wasn't the best, but it was paying the bills. That and a little help from the leftover money from my father.

Leo and I both decided a while back that we weren't going to college. Although it most likely would've helped to go to college in the long run, we didn't have the money for it. I also had a sister to take care of. Sure, community college was an option, but even that was too expensive.

"I'm gonna go take a shower, babe. I have work tomorrow." I stood up from my chair and pushed it in. I assumed he wasn't going back to his apartment.

He looked up at me with a mischievous grin. I smiled and rolled my eyes.

"Evie," I pointed out. He threw his head back dramatically.

"Fine!" He huffed. I giggled as I ran up the stairs.

(A/N: How do we feel about smut? I could write a chapter if you guys want that, but I won't if no one is interested lol)(And if so, do we want details or just a mild go-through?😳)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

192M 4.6M 100
[COMPLETE][EDITING] Ace Hernandez, the Mafia King, known as the Devil. Sofia Diaz, known as an angel. The two are arranged to be married, forced by...
1.1M 36.9K 63
π’π“π€π‘π†πˆπ‘π‹ ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
39.3K 784 66
"Your a dick dobrik " Luna Davis 24 year old actress says running out of the house after scotty sire , she reveals her dark past and try's to heal fr...
55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...