New Beginnings: A Hessa Story...

By danicostlin117

It's been a crazy few months for Hardin and Tessa. It's finally time for them to say I do, and they couldn't... More

WELCOME :)
Chapter 1: Hardin
Chapter 2: Tessa
Chapter 3: Hardin
Chapter 4: Tessa
Chapter 5: Hardin
Chapter 6: Hardin
Chapter 7: Tessa
Chapter 8: Hardin
Chapter 10: Tessa
Chapter 11: Hardin
Chapter 12: Tessa
Chapter 13: Landon (BONUS)
Chapter 14: Tessa
Chapter 15: Hardin
Chapter 16: Hardin
Chapter 17: Tessa
Chapter 18: Hardin
Chapter 19: Tessa
Chapter 20: Hardin
Chapter 21: Hardin
Chapter 22: Tessa
Chapter 23: Tessa
Chapter 24: Hardin
Chapter 25: Tessa
Chapter 26: Hardin
Chapter 27: Tessa
Chapter 28: Hardin
Chapter 29: Tessa
Chapter 30: Hardin
Chapter 31: Hardin
Chapter 32: Tessa
Chapter 33: Hardin
Chapter 34: Tessa
Chapter 35: Hardin
Chapter 36: Tessa
Chapter 37: Hardin
Chapter 38: Hardin
Chapter 39: Tessa
Chapter 40: Tessa
Chapter 41: Hardin
Chapter 42: Tessa
Chapter 43: Hardin
Chapter 44: Tessa
Chapter 45: Hardin
Chapter 46: Tessa
Chapter 47: Hardin
Chapter 48: Hardin
Chapter 49: Tessa
Chapter 50: Hardin
Chapter 51: Tessa
Chapter 52: Hardin
Chapter 53: Tessa
Chapter 54: Tessa
Chapter 55: Hardin
Chapter 56: Hardin
Chapter 57: Tessa
Chapter 58: Nora (BONUS)
Chapter 59: Hardin
Chapter 60: Tessa
Chapter 61: Hardin
Chapter 62: Tessa
Chapter 63: Hardin
Chapter 64: Tessa
Chapter 65: Tessa
Chapter 66: Hardin
Chapter 67: Tessa
Chapter 68: Hardin
Chapter 69: Tessa
Chapter 70: Hardin
Chapter 71: Tessa
Chapter 72: Hardin
Chapter 73: Hardin
Chapter 74: Tessa
Chapter 75: Hardin
Chapter 76: Tessa
Chapter 77: Hardin
Chapter 78: Tessa
Chapter 79: Tessa
Chapter 80: Hardin
Chapter 81: Tessa
Chapter 82: Hardin
Chapter 83: Tessa
Chapter 84: Hardin
Chapter 85: Tessa
Chapter 86: Hardin
Chapter 87: Tessa
Chapter 88: Hardin
Chapter 89: Tessa
Chapter 90: Hardin
Chapter 91: Tessa
Chapter 92: Hardin
Chapter 93: Tessa
Chapter 94: Hardin
Chapter 95: Tessa
Chapter 96: Hardin
Chapter 97: Tessa
Chapter 98: Hardin
Chapter 99: Tessa
Chapter 100: Tessa
THANK YOU! (AGAIN!)

Chapter 9: Tessa

3.5K 100 12
By danicostlin117

I have no idea where Kim is taking Nora and me, but she just gave Nora an address that I don't recognize. All I know is that it's a 'bar' that a live band is playing at.

"Won't you tell me who we're seeing?" I pester Kim to spill.

"Not yet, you'll see!"

I know it's not gonna be anyone huge or anything, but I'm still curious. Speaking of curiosity, I wonder how Landon is doing with Hardin. I mean, I don't think he has called to tell us Hardin kicked him out, so maybe Hardin agreed to do something fun. I really hope so, he deserves a fun night out with Landon.

"Has Landon texted you?" I ask Nora.

"I'm not sure, let me check." She feels around her pantsuit pockets. "Can you check my bag to see if my phone is in there?"

I pick up Nora's clutch, but I don't feel her phone inside."It's not in here."

"Shit! I must've left my phone back in Kim's room!" She slams her head against the headrest.

Well, there goes that.

"He's probably fine. He would've called Tessa if something was up, right?" Kim chimes in.

"Yeah, right." I reach for my phone in my bag, but don't feel it either.

"No way." I laugh at my stupidity. "I forgot my phone too! We both set it down on the bed before we left, and I forgot to pick it up."

"Well, you ladies are lucky I never leave without my phone. Here, check to see if Hardin or someone called. I don't think Landon has my number." Kim hands me her purse as she continues to apply lipstick while Nora is driving. She's quite brave to do that.

I grab Kim's phone out of her purse, and she has a notification from Christian. He sent a photo of Smith and Grace eating ice cream.

"Nope, just Christian sent a photo." I show her the photo, and she smiles.

"Aw, cute! Well, everything is probably fine."

We pull up to the Lookout, and it's extremely crowded. Why am I not surprised? When is anything empty in New York City?

"Wow, this place is so crowded! I didn't think it would be since Christmas is only two days away." Nora drives down the block to a parking garage.

"Wow, it's cold." Kim steps out of the car and wraps her arms around her body.

"Kim, you didn't bring a jacket? It's December!"

"I know, I forgot to grab it on the way out."

I shake my head. "Wow, we are all such a mess." I open up the trunk and pull out a thick wool coat. "It's Hardin's. It might be a little big, but it should do."

"Thanks." She puts it on, and it's huge on her small frame. I can tell she doesn't like it since it's cramping her style.

I don't think Hardin would be happy with Kim wearing his coat, he's weird like that. I don't think Hardin has let anyone besides me wear a coat of his, and that thought makes me feel warm inside, but also makes me want to take it off of her. I want to be the only one besides him wearing his jackets.

"Here. This goes better with your outfit anyway." I take off my jacket and hand it to her. She smiles slightly.

"Thanks, you don't have too."

"It's fine."

Kim and I switch coats, and I feel so much better in Hardin's jacket. I inhale the scent, and laugh at the amount of crap in his pockets.

"Well, let's go!" Nora takes Kim and me by the arms as we walk a couple blocks to the restaurant.

"Hey, Jess. You have our table?" Nora walks up to Jess, and she nods.

"Follow me." Jess guides us to a table all the way in the back.

"Thanks so much." I thank her.

"No problem. You know, for someone who doesn't work here anymore you sure do come here a lot." She laughs, and I never thought about that. I haven't been to a restaurant besides Lookout in months. I guess it's just easy to get a spot here since I used to work here, and Hardin has taken me here a couple times, and I have seen Robert here as well.

We sit down and order a whole bunch of food, definitely more than the three of us could ever eat, but Kim claims she'll be able to finish everything we don't.

"So, are you excited for your big day tomorrow?" Nora nudges me when she notices I'm staring off into space.

"Yeah, I am." So many people keep asking me that.

"Why doesn't that sound convincing." Kim crosses her arms, and leans onto the table. "Come on, you can talk to us about anything. Fears, doubts... that's what friends are for!"

I look at both of them, and I can tell through their eyes that no matter what I say, they will be convinced that something is wrong.

"Well, don't get me wrong, I am excited to marry Hardin. I want to spend the rest of my life with him more than anything, but..." I hesitate, contemplating whether or not to get extremely personal with Hardin and my conversations. I decide to tell them.

"But I told Hardin that if I lose this baby, then we can't be together." I whisper and avoid eye contact. "I will let him find someone who can give him a child... give him the opportunity to be the great father that I know he could be."

"What!" Nora and Kim both shout quite loudly. "You're joking." Kim smacks my arm while Nora just sits there with her mouth open.

"I can't do this to him anymore. I can't give him what he wants."

"Tessa, didn't we have this conversation when you were in the hospital?" Kim mentions when she told me that Hardin would choose me if he had to choose between me and kids.

"My mind isn't changing. If I do lose this baby and have to leave him, marriage will only complicate things."

"I cannot believe what's coming out of your mouth right now." Nora spits. "Why are you being selfish!"

"What? I am being the opposite of selfish! I am setting him, the man I love, free to be with someone else who can give him a child! You think I want to do this? It breaks my heart, but I can't be the roadblock between him having a child of his own anymore."

"Oh my god, Tessa." Nora rubs her temples. I didn't expect her to be this upset about it. "And what did Hardin have to say about this?"

"He wasn't supportive, obviously."

"Look Tessa, I'm sorry for yelling before, it's just... you and Hardin are made for each other. There is no you 'setting him free' to be with someone else who can give him a child. It makes me mad to see you still continuing to think this way." Nora rests her hand on my arm.

"I know, I just can't stop the guilt for clouding my judgement sometimes."

"So, are you not getting married tomorrow?" Kim rightfully questions me.

"No.." I answer. "I know it doesn't make sense, but I'm just so confused. My thoughts keep contradicting one another. I want to marry Hardin, yet I also know I'm gonna lose him if I have a miscarriage."

"Has Hardin ever given you the impression that he doesn't want to be with you after you had the miscarriage?" Kim asks.

"No, he hasn't." I answer truthfully. "He was really supportive during the whole miscarriage thing."

"So if you plan on leaving him, why get married?" Nora is known for being blunt, but I know she is being this way because she cares for both me and Hardin.

"I don't plan on it. I'm staying positive about this pregnancy and plan on having this baby with Hardin. You just never know..."

"Tessa, we both care about you and Hardin immensely, and know how much it would hurt the both of you if you ended things after everything, no matter the circumstance. Please, don't doubt yourself, Hardin or your relationship."

"You're right." I agree, well kind of. I just say that to get them off my ass about why I am feeling this way. For some reason Nora, Kim and Hardin can't seem to change my mind.

"Well, let's change the subject." Kim claps her hands together. "So, what shows are you guys watching?"

We talk about the Vampire Diaries and whether we are team Stefan or team Damon until Jess comes over with a mountain of food.

"I could've made this better." Nora jokes, causing me to laugh.

"You probably could've, but it's still damn good."

We finish eating dinner, and Kim somehow is still hungry even though we ate an entire day's worth of food.

"Let's just get some cheesecake, please!" She begs, and I nod, unable to say no.

Jess comes back over. "Can I get you guys anything else?"

"Just some of your classic New York cheesecake please." She winks at Jess, who then nods. Weird. Kim does that sometimes though...

"Of course." Jess walks back to the kitchen.

"We should get going soon since the concert starts in an hour." She checks the time on her phone.

"Any word from anybody?" I ask. And by anybody, I mean Hardin or Landon.

"Nope nothing." She turns her phone off and puts it back in her purse.

Thank goodness there is no weird tension between any of us after that conversation.

Jess comes out with a slice of cheesecake for all of us to share, but in her hand is also a sash that says "BRIDE TO BE" and a tiara. "Congratulations Tessa."

"Ta da!" Kim claps. "It's your bachelorette party, you need to have a bride to be sash. Isn't it so cute!" She takes out her phone and begins snapping pics of me. I appreciate the intention that Kim had, but I hate being the center of attention.

"Thanks." I force a smile to be polite, but Nora laughs since she knows how I don't like being over the top with things... well, things that concern me.

We finish our shared slice of cheesecake, and finally head towards the bar.

"So, where is this bar exactly?" I ask Kim, hoping she'll give me some information.

"Well, it's not a bar per se, it's more of a club with live music."

"Oh, why didn't you just say so?" I'm confused on why Kim would lie.

"I just didn't want to give any hints, but don't worry. It'll all be fine." She winks, and now I'm extremely nervous as to where Kim is taking me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11K 623 32
"If nothing goes right, we get married in the end." After shooting the movies, after so many moments, romances, fights, do Hero and Josephine have an...
26.4K 1.2K 21
New student Josephine Langford joins Brownings. She is an expert cheerleader and is quickly picked up by the team and she doesn't go unnoticed by foo...
27.2K 925 10
Josephine and Hero have been dating for awhile now. Now that their movie After We Collided is coming out soon, that means another promotion tour. Jos...
381K 5.8K 108
"Put your heels on the headboard." Hardin instructs, grabbing by my calves and pulling up my legs and spreading them wide in front of his naked crotc...