The Thin Line In Between

By midnightwinters

Liyana is a Smart, Outspoken and Confident person who takes nothing from anybody. She attends school at Falls... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
🌟C h a r a c t e r s🌟
Chapter 19

Chapter 3

3K 124 21
By midnightwinters

LIYANA POV

"You're going to be my tutor" Dallas says cooly.

"What? When was this discussion?" I question.

Devin is looking at us both silently , while Milo picks his head up and looks at us with a shocked expression.

Dallas rolls his eyes and gets up out of his seat. "I didn't come to make chit chat, I only came to tell you that I'm available tomorrow after school" he grits out.

"First off ima need for you to get your attitude straight and what makes you think that I'm avail-" I get cut off by him walking away.

"Hey I wasn't done talking to you!" I yell.

He just continues walking out the cafeteria.

I groan.

"What in the hell was that?!" Milo wheezes out. "Dallas just came over here to talk to you?" He continues to question.

"Yea, he doesn't talk to anyone Li" Devin ponders.

"Apparently I'm his tutor in Trigonometry" I say as I face palm. They both raise their eyebrows and look at each other.

"Dallas needs a tutor? But I thought that he was passing everything?" Milo screeches. "That's what I heard also" Devin pitches in.

"I don't know, but I'm gonna head home so see you guys tonight!" I say as I pick up my bag and head to my car.
——————————————————————————

I am currently at Devins house on the patio watching Devin and Milo roll up.

(Indiyamarie as Devin)

"You sure you don't wanna hit it tonight boo?" Devin questions.

I shake my head,"Nahhh I'm good".

She shrugs her shoulder then starts dancing to the imaginary music in her head while me and Milo laugh at her.

I rest my arm on the rail while bobbing my head to to music.

I tilt my head up to the sky and close my eyes while I give a big sigh.

I open my eyes and look back at the scene in front of me and giggle.

"That's not how you do it!!" Devin yells at Milo as she tries to teach him how to do the Dougie.

"This is hard!" Milo whines as he awkwardly tries to do the dance.

"Ughhh, just put some rhythm in it!" Devin screams.

I couldn't hold it and laugh my ass off.

Oh what would I do without my friends.
——————————————————————————

I walk into school with my earbuds in while looking down at my phone to purposely not talk to anybody.

As I'm heading to the library, somebody steps in front of me. I look up to see a girl.

I try to walk around her, but I get stopped again by her touching my shoulder. I take my earbuds out and face her.

"Um may I help you?" I question.

"Oh um yes, I just have a little question." She chirps with a small smile on her face.

"Yes?"

"Do you know a girl named Devin? I'm assuming you do because you're on her Snapchat." She questions.

"Yes, why?"

"Oh I wanted you to give her this notebook because we were doing this project together and she had forgot it!" She says brightly while giving me a blue spiral.

I take it,"Oh ok, I'll give it to her" I say nicely. "What did you say your name was again?" I questioned.

"Oh I'm sorry, my name is Kayla, Kayla Mills" she says while holding her hand out. I shake it.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Liyana" I respond.

She smiles then waves before heading off to class.

I put my earbuds back in then continue my journey with Devins notebook in my hand.
——————————————————————————

Heyyy guys, I know nothing really happened in this chapter, but the next chapter should be much more interesting.

Until next time☺️
~midnightwinters

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.5K 799 33
Tiffany (16 yr. black girl) is innocent and insecure about her appearance and is bullied on a daily basis because of it. Antonio (17 yr. Italian boy)...
231K 6.4K 22
Alex Rodriguez, the school nerd, has been in love with Lucas Goodwell, the school beauty/popular guy, since freshman year. Now it's senior year and A...
15.6K 428 39
Brooke never thought that she would be in a situation like this. Where her reputation is on the line and she is comforted by the school's bad boy.
2K 623 48
Max is a high schooler trying to make some extra cash at a cafe near school. Everyday a beautiful, quiet writer orders the same coffee as she types...