Stranger | Jikook/Kookmin

By jotajotakapa

There are stranger things about the world. There are stranger things about people. But nothing and no one has... More

Confirmation
Introduction | Prestory
1 | First String of Fate
2 | Team Secret Services
3 | Code Word: Mascot
4 | Tracking Down the Hacker
5 | Being a Fool
6 | Boy With Twists
7 | Costume Box and a Pair of Boxers
8 | Fandom
9 | Molt Icebergs
10 | Not Supposed to Fall
11 | Deal With The Devil
12 | Little By Little
13 | Ice Cream Couple
14 | Hal Su Iss-eo
15 | Sweet-Talker Fierce-Walker
16 | Muse
17 | The Impetuous Guest
18 | Full of Surprises
19 | Imposter
20 | Precious To Me
21 | Mid String of Fate
23 | Are You Gonna Stay?
24 | Dozillion Times
25 | Best Hugs
26 | Inspired or Some Shit
27 | Delivering
28 | Fuel to the Fire
29 |Team Makeover
30 | Hackers on the Dome
31 | Pamper Day
32 | A Seaweed Problem
33 | Hide-And-Seek
34 | Soon Enough
35 | Better Than the Truth
36 | Two Babies
37 | Anything For You
38 | Karma is Pinkman
39 | Always
40 | Last String of Fate
FareWell
Jimin (Point of View PT1)
Jimin (Point of View PT2)
Jimin (Point of View PT3)
Namjoon (Point of View)
Minji (Point of View)
Yoongi (Point of View)
Special Announcement

22 | See For Yourself

507 47 62
By jotajotakapa

Jungkook did it all. 

Brushed a lint off a sleeve.

Applied lip balm.

Watched every piece of leaf sway on the tree across the pavement.

Snapped at every little sound on the neighborhood.

Traced the cracks of the pavement with his shoes... 

He is in the act of letting out his fifth heavy sigh when a black dainty car appears from the bend of the road. 

He clicks his tongue. 

Not impressive.

Oblivious to the glower on Jungkook's face, Shady slides down his rear shade and flashes Jungkook a bright smile. As if he didn't make Jungkook wait for twenty minutes in vein.

"Hop in!" and he chippers.

Jungkook puffs his cheeks painfully as he clicks the door of the passenger seat open and plops himself inside. He tries adjusting his butt on the uncomfortable sponge, giving up when he notices that it's not getting any better. This car must have seen the Korean War.

"Sorry about the interior," Shady says sheepishly, showing enough decency to look guilty. "I was planning to drop by the garage in the morning but got stuck with my pops."

Not that taking this car to an automobile shop would change anything about its tackiness anyway, but that's not the part that has Jungkook's curiosity sparked. He was too upset by his late coming that he almost missed the major change in the man's appearance. 

Shady's hair looks... normal. It's the first time Jungkook is seeing him this put-together, this... normal, really! He has bangs. It's intriguing to watch. For the first time, he does look like a college student more than a rowdy punk. He looks older too.

Jungkook shakes his head. "It's okay," he blinks, pupils blown in interest. "You live with your parents?" 

"Sometimes."

Shady turns his attention to the car, leaving Jungkook hanging to work the engine. It suddenly causes a big screech, making both of them jump in their spots — ending with Shady apologizing and sticking his eyes upfront, lips squeezed tightly in a telling way of his awareness.

Jungkook sighs and throws his head back, letting it roll to the side.

The guy is hopeless, proper hair or not.

Jungkook now knows why the others retreated at Shady's offer to drop them off. They must have known about the shitbox yet went ahead with encouraging Jungkook to accompany him just so the poor noble boy didn't feel bad. 

It's silent in the car for a while, with Jungkook watching familiar streets pass by and Shady whistling to the tune of a hip-hop song in the radio. He's a little out-of-tune, but it doesn't bother Jungkook. That feeling is so common around Shady lately — that things aren't perfect but they rather be manageable than that. Shady is the type of guy to get a job done, needless to say. It's satisfying in an odd way.

"Where did you get this car, anyway?" Jungkook suddenly asks, feeling easy-going enough.

Shady looks surprised to hear him talk. "It's my dad's."

Jungkook nods, shyly stealing a glance at him. He is still staring ahead, as if imposing the conversation is over. It's not Jungkook's fault that all conversations come around to his dad.

But Jungkook is feeling sorta bratty. That old feeling of wanting to bug this guy still lingers somewhere inside him, and he is itching to get under his skin... juuust a little bit.

"You'd rather take the bus."

The comment was meant to be annoying, but Shady is throwing his head to the side and laughing, not even sparing Jungkook an eye.

And he fucking keeps driving.

Jungkook stares after him, a breathy chuckle of disbelief leaving his nose.

"You're pretty unbothered, aren't you?"

Again, Shady laughs, but this time turns to him with raised eyebrows and some sort of giddiness Jungkook can't gather the source of. "Makes me look like a fool, doesn't it?"

That Jungkook struggles answering, because the fool stops being one when he admits to it. Now he is the speechless one in the face of someone who seems to have utter knowledge about himself than he lets on. 

"Eventually, fools change the world," Shady winks at Jungkook before peeking at his right and swinging the car towards the direction. 

"So you wanna change the world?"

Shady lightly shakes his head, though it's obvious how strongly he disagrees with the statement. "I'm just a guy from a small town. If I live well in the capacity of my scale, that's enough for me," he pauses to chuckle condescendingly. "Who dares change the world," he sing-songs.

Jungkook frowns. Such a dark way to think.

How can somebody feel enough in an unbendable loop? 

Not that he is about to start a revolution or anything, but he is a pretty insatiable person. If there aren't things he strives for, he feels stuck... like the days are passing by yet he is behind on everything. 

He decides that it might have something to do with him not being from a small town.

The car comes to a slow stop, a screech echoing when Shady turns off the engine. This time neither are surprised, getting off the vehicle soundly and walking inside the diner where their friends are waiting for them. 

This is a simple cafeteria with a wide range of options, located at the not-so-hidden back alleys of Gidae University. The place would have gone long-noticed if it weren't for the university's establishment, but it turns out to be a perfect match for students who are fond of quick snacks. 

The two are greeted noisily, words thrown at their direction and chairs scratching against the white tiles as the team settles them successfully around the small table. Good thing they are the only ones inside; not that more than maximum two others tables would fit. 

"Why are you here?" Jungkook asks Adora by his side, said girl busy downing a hamburger. She makes him a do-you-wanna-die expression while sizing him up, going back to eating her burger tastefully. It was genuine question though?

"She happened to be around," Yoongi brings an explanation, loathing. Jin looks happy about it.

Jungkook snorts. She must have tagged along since they are all comfortable with each other. They share a basement afterall, it's impossible to not run into each other.

"How are you guys doing?" he asks the other two girls, Minji and Ae Cha, who smile at him in return. 

"Great!"

"Pretty good."

"Wanna order?" Shady pokes his knee, holding a menu in their middle. Jungkook feels timid at the sudden show of friendship but he leans in anyway, surveying the list for something he'd like to have. 

Ramen sounds perfect right now...

"When is Jimin coming?" asks someone and suddenly all eyes are on Jungkook. He blushes instantly, failing to reply in time because the door of the diner tingles with a figure, stealing all the. attention.

"Now isn't that the star of the day?"

"Take it easy on the shine, Jimin-ah, you're gonna make us blind!"

While everyone is greeting and extracting laughs out of Jimin, Jungkook is feeling pretty faint. He ducks his head low, biting his lip and trying to calm down his racing heart. They haven't properly spoken again since their 'confession night', except for planning to spend time together after the meeting today. Jimin said he had something to show Jungkook later. 

They all settle down, except for Jimin who doesn't take the empty seat between Jin and Minji, instead lingering behind Jungkook. Jungkook's breath quickens, skin catching goosebumps at the sudden touch on his neck, feeling himself flush face to chest.

"Whyyy," Adora whines from next to him, eyes trained above. "You owe me one," she says at last before standing up and occupying that empty chair instead, after which Jimin slowly sits next to Jungkook. 

Jungkook, who hasn't looked up once. 

He can picture himself sticking out, but he knows it will be worser if he dares interact in any form right now. 

Jimin doesn't address Jungkook either like he sensed his reticence, starting a conversation with the others about their lives, probably to get their mouths busy with something. At least that's what Jungkook likes to think.

"Have you decided yet?" Shady asks from next to Jungkook, startling him. Jungkook briefly passes him a look, mumbling ramen as obviously as he can. "Kay," Shady taps his shoulder, extending the menu over him in the direction of Jimin. "Ay, Jimin, choose what you wanna have so we can order."

Jungkook is about to draw blood from how hard he is nibbling on his lip. The flush returns to his face when he notices Jimin glance at him before grabbing the menu and clearing his throat. Jungkook shuffles on his seat, not knowing what to do with himself.

Why does he have to get so fucking shy with him in front of the others?

Even though he is a pretty confident guy on a day to day basis, he gets awkward in the presence of groups, tends to close in because he doesn't like a lot of attention on himself in serious moments, doesn't know how to handle it. How can people pull off looking normal when there are so many curious eyes on them? How can they be okay with their voice being the only sound in the presence of so many listeners? Now, in a group this shameless and opportunist, there is no way Jungkook is risking embarrassment by showing signs of existence.

Which... ironic.

"What are you getting?" Jimin's sudden question makes Jungkook blink in his direction, having looked at him before he can stop himself. They make eye contact, and it's like sparks dissolve around them. Jungkook's heart is beating so loud he fears it making him deaf, his chest tightening with emotions he can't help but feel overwhelmed by. 

"R-ramen," he makes out, forgetting how to speak properly under the captivity of Jimin's beautiful orbs. He is looking frustratingly good again today, the gold of his hair harmonizing with the blue of his cotton shirt, tucked under some skinny jeans.

"Hi," Jimin breathes out a silent laugh, features suddenly dissolving into beautiful crescents that make Jungkook's fingers curl in adoration. 

They like each other...

Jungkook only nods, pursing his lips to hide a smile that's creeping powerfully. He is feeling like a little child now, failing to handle a simple hi from a crush. His hands dig further between his thighs, body slumping into itself from the desire of becoming smaller.

"I don't think I can finish an entire bowl. Wanna share a serving?"

Jungkook looks at him again, behind his eyelashes like they can conceal his timidity. Jimin wants to share a plate with him... isn't that like... like sharing a straw... that tale about indirect kisses or something...

He bashes in the heat of his cheeks and nods again, at which Jimin is smiling, and in return putting Jungkook into a smiling coma himself. This time he can't help but let it show. 

"Yah," Jin's ugly voice suddenly cuts through their mantle. He is pointing a spoon in their direction, all sorts of bothersome. "Are you two dating, 'oh? There are eight of us here, excuse you."

Jungkook opens his mouth to curse at him, attempt prevented by a Jimin who is patching up the situation by engaging them in another conversation. Jungkook doesn't let go of eye contact with the devil of an eldest regardless, both of them mimicking threats at each other until Yoongi yells at them to stop in laughters, finding this very serious of a matter funny.

Huh. They must be kidding Jungkook, these douchebags.

"Thanks auntie," they all echo at the cups of coffee dropped on their table by the diner owner, a short chubby lady too cheerful to carry her cheeks.

"Yah," Shady taps Ae Cha's arm urgently, chewing on a piece of rice cake. He has been so invested in the food that he barely opened his mouth throughout the meal. "Is your aunt really gonna give these for free?"

Ae Cha nods cosily. She is still having a soup, even though everyone is done with their foods. That's because she has been helping the auntie at the kitchen — turns out she was Ae'Cha's mother's biological sister. This is basically a family establishment.

Again, Jungkook should learn to not be surprised because as uncommon these things are in Seoul, Gidae is a small city and everyone is somehow related to each other. It's a different feel, but Jungkook likes it a lot. He knows for a fact that most people who grow up in towns prefer more freedom than they have, but Jungkook hasn't been raised around a collectivistic environment, so he really appreciates this kinship in Gidae.

"Wah, then should we come here more ofteeen?~" Minji belts but Ae Cha's reaction is not welcoming so she just focuses on her coffee with a small apology. Jungkook snorts. She thought.

At that moment Jin clears his throat, gathering everyone's attention.

"Shall we begin if everyone's okay with?"

They agree, positioning themselves appropriately for their meeting to start. Jungkook doesn't think there is going to be a lot to discuss, after all they have gathered at a diner. But the student presidency elections are knocking on the door and they need some sort of plan if they are willing to get the mascot elected.

"I want to turn everyone's attention to Park Jimin-nim," Jin pointedly smiles at Jimin, no malice behind it. He is just trying to intimidate him as he loves to do by his position as the leader. "The idea of elections came from you as part of our deal, you all would remember. Should you have a rough plan in your mind, don't hesitate to share it with us."

He's basically telling Jimin to spit it out since he put them in this mess. Rat.

Jungkook rolls his eyes, encouragingly tapping the small of Jimin's back. Jimin sends a smile his way, taking a breath before focusing on the matter.

He is talking but Jungkook can stop grinning to himself because wasn't that the cutest moment in the world?!

His brain warns.

Fucking focus.

"There is nothing too complicated about it," Jimin is saying with the aura of a professional by the time Jungkook tunes in. "We just have to register Jungkook to the list of candidates. This week is the campaigns. The next, elections. People already love Siin, our victory is a given."

Jin hums. Yoongi looks satisfied.

"I agree," he says, looking at his captious partner. "Minji was handling the mascot campaign earlier. Can you handle this one as well?"

The girl nods unbothered, sipping a spoonful of coffee. "Sure! It's a week-long thing; I'm free for a while."

Jungkook feels so light-hearted upon seeing the situation unroll without complications. This was easier than he thought!

"Guys, if you think it's that easy, consider yourselves idiots," Jin opens his filthy mouth again. Jungkook grimaces. For a matter of fact, he knows he is not an idiot. And he doesn't need Jin's confirmation. "Do you think the uni is going to let a mascot register to the elections? Does that even make sense to you?"

"He can hack the system again!" Minji points at Jimin, who mimics the sign in surprise. "Yeah, you've done it many times before."

"I don't think this was in the terms–"

Jin intrudes. "Terms? You are the one who brought up a deal when we were desperate," he laughs a breath. "Terms, my ass."

Jimin opens his mouth to make a counter-argument and so is everyone else finding it in them to have opinions about none of their business, when a throaty voice stops the scene from advancing further. 

"Let a brother help."

They simultaneously turn their heads in the direction of a man leaned back on his chair, brows raised, coffee cup covering half his face, eyes frigidly digging a spot in the horizon as steam dramatizes the permanence of his apperance–

Okay fine it's Shady.

Jungkook is frustrated. What is he doing, again.

"Aish, I'm saying that I'll get it done," he repeats himself like he is trying to teach a bunch of idiots. He sighs then, leaving the coffee cup on the table and folding the unbuttoned sleeves of his button-up shirt some gangsta style of his own.

Jungkook mumbles tiredly, but Shady catches it and he is offended.

"What do you mean, brother," he launches forward until he is all up on Jungkook's face, the younger frozen in shock over the sudden method acting. "Do you not trust me?"

A folded brochure flies onto Shady's head and his shine is immediately burnt down, the man whining hyungnim back on his spot while rubbing his head painfully. Yoongi taps the dust off his hands in satisfaction, taking reign of the situation again.

"Explain," he deadpans.

Jungkook finds it funny, how Shady can man to everyone but Yoongi. Sometimes Jin too. But Yoongi for sure sure sure.

"I know the student affairs dean, she'll help us out if I ask," Shady says a little reserved.

But Yoongi has his eyes narrowed and lips dispersed, tilting his head like he is trying to hit a revelation spot in his brain.

By this point, everyone has retreated on their moves, quietly watching the tense moment between the two of them.

"That dean?"

Shady flushes. 

Jungkook is delighted, adrenaline-busted. This is the exact reaction he was aiming for earlier. And yes, he can taste just enough amount of popcorn powder in his mouth even though he had none of the actual thing. 

"Anyway, so yeah, I'll ask noona to register the mascot and add him to the ballot or whatever," Shady voices quickly, glancing about the door like he wants an escape. 

All of them have an eye-lock moment upon the word noona leaving Shady's lips, alarm sirens going off on the air. Shady does notice it, though belatedly, and he pouts daringly to challenge them out of thinking whatever they are, but the damage is already done.

"You might as well come clean," Yoongi pretends to watch the ceiling, the corners of lips upturned. It worsens the situation. Jungkook almost escapes a giggle. He loves this man.

Maybe Shady would actually reveal something if they kept pressing (it wouldn't be ideal however), if it weren't for Jin clearing his throat, done with the shit that has kept them back from their agenda. "Listen here, clumsiest team in the world. If we want to do this right, we gotta focus. Now, Minji, you take charge of the campaign. Jungkook, get out there and be active on your mascot socials to hype up your entree. Ae Cha, find out whatever you can about the other nominees, their strategies, if you can, a weakness, y'know what I mean. Shady, you hit on that dean–"

What–

Everyone's snickering under their breaths.

The boy is as red as a tomato now.

"Jimin," Jin passes the blonde a look, full of smiles now. He always gets in a better mood when his jokes hit a spot. "You stay pretty and keep breathing, okay?"

Jimin laughs at the unexpected display of kindness, nodding regardless while confirming what he just heard in Jungkook's eyes, who rubs his back affectionately to show him his encouragement. His muse is very, very, very pretty. The prettiest, uwu.

"Yoongi and I got other clients to take care of this week, but we'll have another meeting soon. Depends on our progress, team! The faster we get our jobs done, the more time we'll have to perfect the details!"

By the end of Jin's statements everybody claps, whistles flying in the air for his professional capacity. Yoongi and him both rule over the Secret Services (and the Debate Club in general) but Yoongi mostly throws in ideas and runs through the procedure to ensure smoothness, while Jin is the main agenda-setter, the decision-maker.

Unless one of them is acting up, like it happened with Adora, but yeah. You get the gist.

"You guys take forever with these meetings but it's nice," says Adora finally, standing up with her coffee cup. She has been quietly enjoying her food and peering on their conversation all this time, Jungkook almost forgot she was there. "I have band practice in a bit, so I'm leaving. Ae Cha," she sends finger guns to the girl who looks at her with a light-headed smile. "Thanks for the food, love. Let's hang out more, kay?"

Ae Cha nods gingerly, watching after her as she leaves the diner after bidding goodbye to everyone. 

Jungkook detaches his eyes voluntarily, just because he doesn't need more drama in his life.

He has a lovely Jimin by his side to watch, who is texting on his phone with a smile on his face. Well.

"Hyung," Jungkook says with a calm voice. It makes Jimin look up. Jungkook smiles sheepishly. "You said you had something to show me."

Jimin takes a beat long to respond, nevertheless nodding at him. "Yes, Jungkookie," he turns to Jin. "Are we done with the meeting, nim?"

With the arrival of the confirmation, groans and yawns are released into the air, everybody lazily standing up and stretching the shit out of their bones. It wasn't even that long, but it sure did take a lot of their brain power. They all make sure to greet the auntie and thank her lots, crowding up the door of the diner before parting their own ways.

Jimin speaks to Yoongi and Jin alone briefly, thanking them for their effort and showing his respect regardless of this being a deal between them. The two seem very happy by Jimin's kind ways, and do bow in return when Jimin says goodbye to them.

"See you around Jungkook-ah!" they wave at Jungkook waiting a little bit father as well, leaving when they receive a wave back from him. 

Jimin then jogs to Jungkook's side, a grin on his face. His hands dig further into his pockets as he swings his body from left to right, looking cute for him. Jungkook knows he is doing it on purpose, there is no way those appley cheekbones can rise that high for no reason at all.

It makes his heart jumpy flippy, honey syruppy.

"So what is it that you wanna show me?" he asks with equal perkiness.

Jimin stops moving. 

"You'll have to see for yourself."

"Where?"

Jimin smiles, biting his lip. 

"Back at my place."

F-for fuck's sake....

Jungkook gulps, very, very loudly.

"Really..."

"It should help you with deciding if you want to date me or not..." Jimin whispers slowly.

Jungkook fights his eyelids to not close. He might hyperventilate, but he is used to feeling that way around Jimin now, so he is not surprised with the urge. 

"I've never been to your place," Jungkook says in this calm way his voice gets whenever he is nervous, the air between the two thick, and even thicker when Jimin approximates himself, fingers tiptoeing on Jungkook's chest.

"I know right, I wonder why I never invited you before," he says not so innocently, eyes falling to Jungkook's lips for as brief as a second.

Fuck...

Then Jimin distances himself and struts backwards purposelessly. Jungkook is so struck with him that he barely realizes he is holding something in his hand, a remote car key. With Jimin's thumb movement an unlocking sound is heard from somewhere near. 

"You're lucky it's a Monday," Jimin winks, loud. "We got Alexa's wheels for ourselves."

Jungkook doesn't want to admit to a boner, and if he didn't have enough self-control, he sure would have popped one right in front of Jimin's eyes.

Who knows where the this is going.

Jungkook knows he is going to Jimin's.

Yahoo.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

162K 11.3K 31
We were both crazy and fell in love. Should I follow my darkest desires or my twisted heart? It doesn't matter. They both lead to you. "Don't stop l...
7.3K 902 10
"There are all kinds of love in this world, but never the same love twice."
1.6K 44 20
Life where you are nothing and no one loves you is really a shit, but you have to live through it. But there will be always a person just for you.
13.9K 507 19
Sometimes....you just gotta be careful with love.