HOT AND COLD (SNAPEXREADER)

By The_Black_Spy

A love/hate relationship between Snape and Y/N. But can you really trust what you read? [EDITING 03/23/23] More

1: Very Odd
2: Family Businesses
3: First meeting
4: Potions? Yuck.
5: Detention
6: Draught of Living Death
7: D'Dark figure
8: The Quidditch
9: The Philosophers Stone
10: Diary
11: Lockhart
12: A Gut
13: Obliviate
14: Scenario
15: Flipped
16: Beautiful Thing
17: Yellow Light
18: The Girl
19: Family Traditions
20: The Unexpected
21: Janus Thickey Ward
22: Bladder
23: Black
24: Boggart
25: 394
26: Obnubilate Figure
27: Scabbers
28: Mysterious Book
29: Hogsmeade
31: Quidditch World Cup
32: Trelawney's word
33: The Age Line
34: Letter of Smith
35: Y/N Astor
36: Swear to me
37: The Unbreakable Vow
38: The Order Of The Phoenix
39: Wish Lists
40: Love, Y/N S.
41: The Epilogue
1: Very Odd [REVISED]
2: Family Businesses [REVISED]
3: First Meeting [REVISED]
4: Potions? Yuck. [REVISED]
5: Detention [REVISED]
6: Draught of Living Death [REVISED]
7: D'Dark figure [REVISED]
8: The Quidditch [REVISED]
9: The Philosophers Stone [REVISED]
10: Diary [REVISED]

30: Truth and the Lie

3.5K 121 83
By The_Black_Spy

Y/N POV:

I am glad that Abeforth used all his energy to go with me to Hogsmeade last last week.

I bought a lot of sweets and stuffs to gift my friends! Especially with Harry's birthday on July 31st!

Also, I promised Draco something for his birthday... He's sad that I missed it... But what can I even do now?

My gaze averted at the window when I see a very familiar owl flying towards my direction.

It dropped a very presentable mail, presenting the Malfoy's Crest in the middle...

All of a sudden? I quickly tore the mail and read the letter.

      Greetings Y/N,

         Father had agreed! You're invited to the Quidditch World Cup! He managed to talk to that Ministry of Magic, Cornelius Fudge and as expected, he gave in! Which means we can watch it together! I am so happy about this. Though my mom is kinda against about it... My father talked to her. Seems strange but I'm glad about it! See you tomorrow!

Your friend,
Draco

Oh no. What to do? I don't know if Abe will approve of this.. 

Should I contact the headmaster? It's a wise choice... Is it?

No, I should probably tell Abeforth about it.

I went downstairs to see Abeforth talking to someone.

What the heck Snape doing here? I can see that the git silently motion Abe to shut his mouth.

"Hey L/N. Hungry already?" I smiled at Abeforth and slightly bow my head at Snape.

"Uhh... No... Maybe I should tell you later..." I awkwardly glances at them then at the floor.

"This girl is really amusing me Professor." Abeforth murmured and I snarled at him secretly.

"Come on. No need to be shy to your Professor... Perhaps are you?" My cheeks went hot and I tried to hide it with my H/L H/C hair, still glaring at this old man.

"Tsk! I got invited to the Quidditch World Cup tomorrow and... I have no one to go with me..." I can feel Snape's strange gaze is on me while I tried to avoid looking at either of them.

My heart. Ugh. This sucks. Why does he need to show up now? He's so merciless.

"I never thought you'll be invited by anyone." His annoying lips turn into a smirk while his eyes narrowed slightly at me.

"Who's it? Your little boyfriend?" I hate how he emphasize the word 'boyfriend'.

My cheeks immediately flushed. Ugh! I hate Abeforth! How can he tease me like this?!

"Shut it! It's just m—my friend! Never mind! I'll just go by myself! Hmph!" I rolled my eyes and turn my back at them.

This made me sigh... it's making me miss my parents even more... Speaking of them, I got so distracted now a days that the thought of them disappeared from my brain...

I started to plunge my feet harshly on the floor when Snape spoke.

"Get change L/N. The headmaster wishes to see your presence today." I slightly look back and sigh.

"But why?"

"Just move your butt." I rolled my eyes and decided to get on with it. So that's why the git is here? Psh. I thought h—he's checking up on me. Why would I even get my hope up just because that little gesture he showed me last month?

I should stop thinking about those matters... It's natural that he's worried about me... It's because I'm his student. That's all. I should stop admiring and just put an end on these strange feelings that are lingering on my stomach. He's only my teacher, period.

******

AUTHOR'S POV:

"The headmaster is very thankful of you to take care of the girl... He sent me here to fetch her..." Snape silently said as he took the cup of tea from the table.

"Of course he is. She's already going now? It's been only fourteen days..." Abeforth sneered and cleared his throat. He averted his gaze somewhere else but Snape.

Snape's right brow slowly went up as he put down the cup back on the table. "Don't tell me you grew fond of her?"

"I won't even deny it. S—she's... Well, let's just say that my pub is alive when she's around..."

"I see. Sadly to say, you have to bid your goodbye to her. As you know, we need to keep her safe when Agrona and Caldwell Astor finally escaped from Azkaban. The headmaster got worried when you told us about your encounter with that wretched woman from the previous week. Professor Dumbledore is ready to tell her the truth. So that's why I'm here... " The Potion Master patiently explained. The air between them became awkward for a long time until the girl arrived.

The girl slowly went down to glare at the men. "Are you ready now? Don't worry, I told your Professor to keep you safe or I will break his neck." The two fools chuckled at each other.

"I'll be back, don't miss me Abe." L/N wink at him before turning shyly at Snape.

"Shall we?" The professor is already standing beside the exit of the pub. Motioning the girl to move.

L/N hug Abeforth very tight before she goes out with Snape.

"Hold tightly on my arm, we need to get to Hogwarts as soon as we can." The girl did what she was told and with the same feeling as before she almost throw up. They apparated from Hogsmeade to the entrance gate of the school.

Snape got a weird look from the girl. "I hope you understand that only the headmaster is allowed to apparate and disapparate from Hogwarts." The cloaked man rolled his eyes and snapped at her sarcastically.

The girl immitate him mockingly while walking behind him. The awkward silence is annoying the both of them until L/N spoke.

"So Professor, how's your school vacation?"

"Have a guess." He sneered bitterly.

"Well, I guess you stayed in your house and have some groceries then read a lot of books. Oh! I almost forgot! You must be enjoying to take away everyone's happiness like a dementor..." Her voice is decreasing its volume as she went on when Snape glared down at her.

"I guess you really have a 'brilliant brain' L/N, I'm so proud of you. How did you know that I arrange paperworks, get the quizzes and tests ready for a dunderhead like you and only have an amountful of sleep once a week?" Snape snapped sarcastically and continue to evolve his phase towards the Headmaster's office.

The Slytherin girl only rolled her eyes once again and tries to catch up with her Potion teacher.

"Why continue teaching then? It's so obvious that you don't like your job." they arrived in front of the ugly looking gargoyle, entrance towards Dumbledore's office. She heard Snape mutter the password before staring intently down at her.

She noticed his eyes is glittering unusually but she doubt it. Maybe it's just the light from outside.

Y/N felt her heart skip a beat. Her hands are becoming sweaty and her cheeks becoming hot as Snape slowly lean towards her until their eyes level eachother.

The feeling on her stomach have returned like a wildfire by just observing Snape's feature. How can she likes his hollow cheeks and stern eyes, his thin lips that can tear your heart a part by just opening them and those slickly black hair that perfectly frame his face?

"Mind. Your. Own. Business L/N." with that Snape grasp her wrist and throw her on the stairs but not too harsh.

She gasp on the sudden contact but immediately recovered from it. She glared back on Snape but her face suddenly turn into a devastating expression. Before her knees fail her, Snape immediately catch her little body, wrapping his slender arms around her back and lower waist.

His black obsidian eyes are bulging out from his eye socket and his heart is pumping quickly on his chest.

Snape watches her breaking a part but L/N pushes him off and run away from the situation as fast as she can. Snape went to run after her when he heard the conversation inside Dumbledore's office.

"Dumbledore sir, please we couldn't tell her. I am begging you. If she knows that she's not our daughter— I—I" M/N burst out crying.

Snape didn't hesitate to run after the girl but she was no where to be seen.

"L/N!" he shouted, looking from his right and left, panic is visible from his face.

**********

"Thank you Chigo.. Please don't tell them I'm here. I'm begging you Chigo." The house elf look at his master pitifully.

"I—I... I'm fine. Okay? I'll take care of myself. Thank you Chigo... I just need to visit Gilderoy.." with a nod, the house elf vanished.

L/N trembling lips is forced to curle up into a smile when Lockhart wave at her from a far.

"So what happened Y/N? Where are your parents? Are they busy?" But the girl only thrust herself towards the grown up man and wrap her hands tightly around his body.

"I'm sorry Gilderoy... I—I.. Can I hug you for a moment?"

When she finally calmed down... L/N explained carefully the situation to the poor guy. Thankfully, Gilderoy tried his best to cheer the girl up atleast.

It's becoming dark outside and the visiting hour is over, Y/N felt sad that she has to go now so she hug her friend once again before leaving the Janus Thickey Ward.

She doesn't know where to go now. After all, she couldn't go to Abeforth because they can easily find her there. She just hates everyone. Y/N is so sure that even Abeforth knows the truth.

Why does they even chose to hide the truth from her? She didn't realize it but her cheeks are soaking wet because of her new tears that has escaped her E/C eyes.

She got surprised when a handkerchief appeared on her sight.

She look up to find a H/C haired man, smiling softly at her. She smiled a little and mouthed 'thank you' at him.

"Why are you crying little girl?" the man asked.

The girl shook her head and force another smile on her face. "N—Nothing." her voice faltered because of crying and she felt embarrassed because of it.

"Is it because you have finally learn the truth that F/N and M/N L/N is just a filthy excuse for you because your parents are one of the most loyal death eaters?" L/N eyes widen but slowly closed, her consciousness failing to stay up and she fell on the man's embrace.

The man smirked and disapparated them away from the St. Mungos Hospital.

*****

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

262K 8.1K 56
Y/N Y/L/N is a shy, quiet, smart and hard-working girl who is sorted into Slytherin. Her father, Y/F/N Y/L/N, is keeping a secret from his own daught...
302K 7.6K 101
Its your 6th year at Hogwarts and being a silent Slytherin isn't the best combination, you kept your head down and attempted to go under the radar, t...
33K 766 44
Combining mating bonds and the magic you'd find at Hogwarts to create a smutty (explicit warning! 18+) love story between y/n and a very soft Severus...
210K 5.7K 15
SS x reader ~ If you don't like it, don't read it!!! A small attraction, a dangerous offer, a realization, an accidental bond, and a journey thro...