[COMPLETE] Transmigrated Auth...

By melo_marl

[TATQP ©2019] Before being QQ, a novelist famous for her tragic works, she was first the world's most powerfu... More

Foreword
Chapter 1: Plain Hong Chun
Chapter 2: Gracious Devil
Chapter 3: Hong Family
Chapter 4: Troubles and Goodbyes
Chapter 5: Feeding the Homeless
Chapter 6: Original Plot
Chapter 7: Of Service
Chapter 8: Overbearing Heart
Chapter 9: Invitation
Chapter 10: You're Predictable
Chapter 11: A Seer
Chapter 12: Chosen
Chapter 13: The Panther
Chapter 14: Sentimental
Chapter 15: Difficulties of Being Vulnerable
Chapter 16: Accidental Meeting
Chapter 17: Madam Long
Chapter 18: Who to Serve
Chapter 19: Visitor
Chapter 20: A Little Gift
Chapter 21: A Coincidence
Chapter 22: They're Back
Chapter 23: Last Chance
Chapter 24: Price of Freedom
Chapter 25: Return of the...
Chapter 26: Goddess' Herald
Chapter 27: Quiet Plum
Chapter 28: Her Death
Chapter 29: Am I Human?
Chapter 30: Urn
Chapter 31: Spring Never Dies
Chapter 32: A Great Puzzle
Chapter 33: Why do all the good people...
Chapter 34: A'mei
Chapter 35: Fifth Prince and a Rewind
Chapter 36: Wu Yun Peak
Chapter 37: Real-Life Monster
Chapter 38: The Fool
Chapter 39: Former Almost
Chapter 40: Most Loyal Servant of the Goddess
Chapter 41: Qin Clan
Chapter 42: The Tiger's Den
Chapter 43: The Empress
Chapter 44: ML's Intelligence
Chapter 45: Qiaoli's Madness and her Forbidden Jutsu
Chapter 47: The Deal
Chapter 48: Beat the Crap Out of You
Chapter 49: Infection and Antidote
Chapter 50: Duke Li's Attitude
Chapter 51: Disappointing Request
Chapter 52: Unpredictable Ending
Chapter 53: Sacred Bloodlines
Chapter 54: Descent to Despair
Chapter 55: Landing to One's Death
Chapter 56: Misunderstanding
Chapter 57: Sharing One's Burden
Chapter 58: Headmaster
Chapter 59: A Fleeting Meeting
Chapter 60: Setting Out
Chapter 61: Missed Fate
Chapter 62: City of Fleeting Clouds
Author's Note
Chapter 63: Her Battlefield
Chapter 64: No Traces
Chapter 65: Duchess
Chapter 66: Huang Estate
Chapter 67: Cleaning
Chapter 68: Sister-in-Law
Chapter 69: Estranged
Chapter 70: Setup
Chapter 71: Green Scroll
Chapter 72: Dinner with the Family
Wattpad Creators Program
Chapter 73: The Siblings' Deal
Chapter 74: Spring Fortune Court
Chapter 75: Huang Province Top Brass
Chapter 76: A Lesson
Chapter 77: Punishment
Book 2 Announcement!

Chapter 46: Long Yi Ran's Gamble

1.5K 126 3
By melo_marl

But there was a catch...

That day, Duke Li finally accepted the Emperor's invitation and entered the royal palace. To his annoyance, the fifth prince also tagged along with him.

When he asked Nuan Lin Che if he had other plans such as exploring Hanjing, the prince answered that he would like to see how gorgeous the Empress was. Even though Huang Li Yun didn't care for the Empress of Great Han, he silently lit a candle for her because a pervert would soon grace her presence.

To his surprise, the prince didn't show his spoiled brat devil-may-care attitude once they entered the palace. His eyes still darted to and fro the pretty maids and eunuchs but his hands were firmly kept behind his back.

The Emperor of Great Han welcomed them in one of the beautiful pavilions in the royal gardens. The two started small talk about the ongoing congregation. It wasn't, after all, a one-time event. Discussions were being made for a few hours every day and deals between nations were agreed upon every now and then.

Long Yi Ran didn't ask why the prince of Huo Ai seemed uninterested in politics and let him enjoy his wine and snacks, smiling at the Emperor from time to time. Both of the charismatic men didn't know that he was just waiting for a show to unfold.

"There is something We have been curious about all this while."

When Nuan Lin Che heard the Emperor open another topic, his gaze dropped to his cup as he was anticipating what would come next.

Huang Li Yun didn't interrupt the young Emperor, not noticing how the atmosphere had changed.

"The boundary between Our land and yours seemed to be undergoing change. We hope the Duke can give Us some insights about this."

Long Yi Ran still gave off that calm aura and opposite him, the Duke paused his hand mid-air but resumed taking the teacup right after.

"Whatever His Majesty means by this? It's still the same freezing weather as I traveled."

Yi Ran was unfazed with his opponent acting ignorantly. "With the Duke's astuteness, We believe the Duke also noticed it. There are no other people here, it's alright to say a few things."

Huang Li Yun kept his amiable smile. There was no way he would spill some information to this low Emperor. There were a few ways to resolve this matter. "Noticed what, Your Majesty? With your Majesty speaking in circles, how can this Duke understand?"

The Emperor was somewhat enlightened. Even if the duke spoke in a slightly less blunt way, its meaning was the same as what Lady Huang told him yesterday.

"....We must speak like real adults here and save the poisonous words for your ministers..."

Indeed, they were related, he thought darkly for a moment.

"It's better to have the Duke and the Prince see." He gestured behind him. "Bring it out!"

From the back of the palace closest to the pavilion, a large covered cage was pushed towards the pavilion. Long Yi Ran didn't keep them in suspense as the cover was taken off as soon as the cage halted in front of them.

But even though the cage was still a few meters away from Duke Li, he knew what that was.

With a flap, an imperial guard took off the cover of the cage. The animal was revealed to the prince and duke of Huo Ai.

It was a grey wolf but almost two times larger and fiercer. Its eyes were red-rimmed. Its growls grew more threatening as it felt the presence of a person brimming with spiritual energy.

"Oh, a wolf!" The fifth prince was nonchalant as he stared at the [Rime Wolf] inside the cage.

The Emperor had an unknown expression. To capture that wolf, over eighty soldiers and five elites died. So he knew that it wasn't just a wolf.

Huang Li Yun studied the badly wounded [Rime Wolf]. It was almost on the verge of death but its spiritual energy kept it alive. He knew that it would soon recover if left unattended.

His light brown eyes flickered towards the Emperor of Great Han. They were unaware that they were keeping a dangerous beast inside this palace. But it was none of his business.

"May this duke ask what this is for?" He continued feigning ignorance, looking like a tourist fascinated by a local attraction.

If Lady Huang was as straightforward as could be, the Duke was a slippery eel. Long Yi Ran needed to work hard to get him to say a few things.

The Emperor gritted his teeth and became determined. If his thoughts were right, only the duke could help his country.

"This is not an ordinary wolf and it has killed maybe over a hundred people already. But We can only capture one. This beast can maul even a soldier to death and it seemed to have descended from the Su mountain ranges."

"Oh? It looks weak to me now."

At the Duke's remark, the fifth prince chuckled as though he heard a good joke. Huang Li Yun glanced at him in passing but didn't say anything.

"Of course, it looks weak. We hunted it for months." Yi Xiao Emperor grumbled.

But the two men ignored him. What was worse, the Duke stood up. "Well, we have seen a few interesting things in the palace. This Duke thinks it's time to go back."

Long Yi Ran sweated despite himself. Why was it so hard to speak with eccentric people? He also rose from his seat, trying to look like he wasn't in a hurry.

"The Duke... let Us propose a deal."

Huang Li Yun didn't know what possessed the Emperor. It was his luck to discover the things happening on the border. If he died because of sniffing in the wrong direction, that was none of his business. What deal would be worth having with these people?

Only Nuan Lin Che, the malicious fifth prince, had his ears perked up when he heard the tinge of plea in the Emperor's tone.

"This wolf and other creatures came down from the Su mountains. It's impossible that Huo Ai hasn't encountered them. But to our people, these things are deadly... I'll trade anything for the information on how to deal with the evolved beasts."

The fifth prince sneered. Oh come on, there had to be more than that! He was here for something more than that!

"Emperor, will you be willing to trade the Empress to this prince?"

A murderous expression flashed on Long Yi Ran's face. Nuan Lin Che noticed this and blinked. "His Majesty said that you will trade anything, right? Turns out, his Majesty is lying?"

"What We said is the truth... but We're afraid the Duke will find my offer more tempting."

Huang Li Yun didn't want to talk anymore so why did they keep dragging him to the conversation?

With a solemn face, Yi Xiao Emperor declared. "We will trade with the life of the person you're looking for."

The moment his last words fell, the momentum changed.

What amiable smile was left in Duke Li's face completely vanished. If not for the limitations of the land of Zhong Xin on his cultivation, the air might have cracked and sizzled already. But still, Long Yi Ran felt the atmosphere subtly rising in temperature.

Huang Li Yun wasn't called a devil in Huo Ai for nothing. "Is the Emperor trying to wage war with my Huo Ai's Li army?"

Indeed, this Emperor was too smart for his own good. When it came to looking for his sister, he couldn't deny the truth. Any opportunity would be grabbed without a moment's notice.

But bringing it up at a time like this was provoking his temper. He stared menacingly at the Emperor but the man stood unflinching.

This was Long Yi Ran's gamble. He would stake everything if it was for the people he fought so hard to protect.

He seized the throne because he dreamed of giving his empire's citizens shelter and safety. They've been under tyranny for so long and he wanted to make a difference. It didn't matter if his hands were tainted in the process. A good leader would do anything for his people. He faced so much difficulty just to get here. He played the treacherous games inside the palace and often staked his life.

All so he could achieve his dream for his people. So he wouldn't back down now, even if the enemy he was facing was the mysterious Huo Ai.

He gave a steady look at the Duke. "No, We don't want war in this time of uncertainty. We only want a means to stop whatever is happening."

After a brief pause, he added. "I am not lying to you. She is with me."

Huang Li Yun's pupils shrank, not daring to believe anything that the Emperor said. "Say that again."

It took every ounce of his willpower not to pounce on this Emperor and get him to tell everything that he knew. If this person was lying, he would have no choice but to flatten this whole palace to the ground.

The intensity of the duke's emotions was obvious by the way he looked at the young emperor. This stalemate lasted for quite a while before the fifth prince broke the silence.

"Brother, who are you looking for?"

---

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

191K 2.5K 62
Just like the last. Yet greater.
4.6K 130 27
*I do not own any Star Wars characters or the Star Wars storyline, I own my stories and I used a collage app for the cover* The book we've all been w...
338K 12.9K 110
[Chapters 1-200] She was originally a puppet of her family. Pursued by the police for being a business spy and hitman, she was betrayed and fell into...
3.7K 195 6
"𝑨𝑾𝑨𝑲𝑬, 𝑨𝑾𝑨𝑲𝑬, 𝑻𝑯𝑰𝑺 𝑰𝑺 𝑨 𝑫𝑹𝑬𝑨𝑴 𝑺𝑻𝑨𝑻𝑬." ───── ⋆✩⋆ ───── max mayfield x fem!oc third person published: July 20, 2...