PERSISTENT - K.SUGAWARA

By mukuroastiess

where sugawara tries to convince a cute, stubborn cheer captain to show up at his next volleyball tournament... More

PERSISTENT
01
02
03
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
epilogue
-
<3
For My Fav Readers

04

26.8K 1.1K 735
By mukuroastiess

☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚4.i know u

and i know you don't i?

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

—sugawara nervously tapped his foot as he waited by the gates for a certain pretty cheerleader.

the night sky was darkening by the second, the minutes were passing a bit too quick for his liking. he hoped with every bone in his body that she hadn't finished early and left without him and that maybe the stereotype that girls take longer to get ready was true. he just hoped he wasn't waiting for someone that had already left, like some idiot.

it took a lot of effort to convince his teammates to go on without him and also prove to them he didn't have any ulterior motives other than just wanting to talk to [name] about her and her squad the coming to the tournament. tanaka and nishinoya jump to conclusions too much when it comes to girls...

while he was in his own head, staring at the pavement, he hadn't noticed the cheer captain and her vice captain edge towards the gates.

[name] sighed at the sight of the setter, which caught makoto's attention and caused her to stop walking.

"what?" she questioned her captain.

"i thought he was joking about walking me home everyday," she grumbled staring over at the grey haired boy, completely oblivious to the two cheerleaders' stares.

"ohhhh!" makoto laughed and began nudging the girls shoulder, "then i'll leave you to it, goodbye, miss [lastname]!"

she waved and gave a comical bow before walking away to the exit on the other side of the school.

makoto loved to tease and torment her captain any chance she could, it was very bothersome for the poor [h/c] haired girl.

she frowned at her vice captains actions, then turned to face the volleyball setter before her. she was about to try and sneak away but it was too late, sugawara had already spotted her.

"[lastname]!" he called out to her.

the girl scrunched her nose up, yet again he was proving how persistent he was. would he ever leave her be? she sighed again and made her way towards him.

"i didn't think you were serious about this," she stated once she reached him.

"of course i was," he grinned.

the two began to walk again and just like the night before, it was in complete silence, so quiet you could here the wind rustling the leaves and the chirp of crickets nearby.

"so, if you're going to convince me, now's your chance, sugawara," she spoke, keeping her eyes forward, not once looking at the boy she was taking to.

this was his chance?!

sugawara thought for a moment reminding himself of all his teammates and how great he thought they were.

"hm, well we've gotten really good the past couple months," he began, "you should see these two crazy first years we have, hinata and kageyama, the have this insane quick attack-"

sugawara continued to gush about how amazing and talented all his teammates were like a proud mother. it was obvious how much he cared for his teammates and how highly he though of them. [name] thought it was kind of cute, how passionate he was.

sugawara was too busy rambling about his volleyball team to notice the tiny smile on the cheer captain's face as he continued to ramble on with stars in his eyes.

"i promise you, if you saw us play, you'd be really impressed," he finally finished.

"i would huh?" she chuckled a little, finally turning to face him.

"definitely," he smiled.

it was a bit surprising to see the girl laugh, even if it was short and quiet one that most wouldn't even notice but sugawara noticed. it was the first time he'd seen her laugh and it was nice seeing her show a tiny bit more emotion that usual.

"can i ask you something sugawara?" she spoke again.

"of course," he answered.

"why do you want the cheer squad at your game so bad?" she asked, "just some random people that you don't even know cheering for you?"

"well, it's just nice to have someone rooting for you, makes you want to play as good as you can, you know?" he replied, moving a hand to rub the back of his neck.

"and i know you, don't i?"

[name]'s eyes widened sightly at his final comment, she really didn't expect him to say that. the girl hoped her slight shock went unnoticed by sugawara.

"you barely know me, sugawara," she mumbled.

"so? that doesn't mean i wouldnt want to get to know you better in the future," he grinned at the cheerleader, who was tilting her head in confusion at his reply.

"you never know we could end up being really good friends you and me, [lastname]," he chucked.

[name] had no idea how to reply to that, so she chose to not to answer, so the duo returned to silence until they reached her home.

the girl thanked him for walking her and opened her door. the cheerleader scrunched her nose in thought for second.

she turned around and before closing the door, she called sugawara's name.

he look over at her, waiting to find out the reason why she called.

"if we're going to be friends sugawara you should call me by my first name, right?" she laughed a little, "so call me [name] from now on okay?"

first name basis?!

sugawara cheeks turned the colour of roses in embarrassment. "well, you can call me suga then," he stuttered with a red face, "but only if you want to!"

the girl cringed at the level of his voice at such a quiet time of the night but it quickly turned into a soft giggle. "okay then, i'll see you tomorrow suga," she smiled and shut the door.

sugawara's blush deepened. the way his nickname just rolled off her tongue so prefect made him a little embarrassed. he was starting to understand why she was such a heartthrob at karasuno.

meanwhile, [name]'s bag immediately got dropped on floor once she entered. her head hit against the door she just recently closed, her cheeks were covered in a light red. it was very out of character for her to do and say something like that.

why the hell was she blushing over something so stupid?

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

the haikyuu manga is officially over bitch i'm going to sob for days but at least we have anime right??😭😭😭

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.3K 765 11
'๐™๐™–๐™ฅ๐™ฅ๐™ฎ ๐™ซ๐™–๐™ก๐™š๐™ฃ๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™š'๐™จ ๐™™๐™–๐™ฎ ๐™จ๐™ช๐™œ๐™–๐™ง.' โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค ๐€ ๐ฌ๐ฐ๐ž๐ž๐ญ ๐›๐ฎ๐›๐›๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐›๐จ๐ฒ ๐ง๐š๐ฆ๐ž๐ ๐’๐ฎ๐ ๐š๐ฐ๐š๐ซ๐š ๐Š๐จ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ก๐ข ๐ฆ๐š๐ค๐ž๐ฌ ๐š ๐ ...
800K 21.8K 41
A haikyuu fanfic!! A normal girl, with a big passion for volleyball goes to Karasuno and she is determined to be the best volleyball player, even th...
4.8K 322 62
Sugawara x femreader A sweet girl falls for a sweet senpai You live next door to Sugawara Koushi, who's been your closest friend your whole life. Wha...
76.8K 1.9K 23
โžป Y/n is a 3rd year that lives in Tokyo. She goes to Nekoma and is Nekoma's setter. Little did she know just a chocolate millshake could connect her...