Always and Forever (Merlin)

By Dollophead111

Modern AU Merthur. Everybody knows not to mess with Merlin because then you'll have to deal with Arthur. Appa... More

A/N
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven

Chapter One

459 14 13
By Dollophead111

First day of senior year. Little did I know this would be the beginning of the end.

*Ten years ago*

Rain. That's all I can see, hear, taste. The rain coveres my face, washing away my tears. Why does daddy do this to me? Aren't daddies supposed to love their childern. I didn't mean to eat the last piece of bread. I was just really hungry. I thought mommy and daddy would be proud that I was able to go a grade up because my teacher said I was super smart.

I'm only in first grade but Miss Jones said I can go to third grade instead of second grade. Mommy made dinner for the first time in a while. It was all going well, until I wanted an extra piece of bread. Daddy got mad and hit me again. I ran away. I kept running until I reached the park bench in at now.

"Hello?"

I look up to see a blond, blue eyed boy who looks like he's my age. Maybe he's a little bit older.

"Are you okay? You're crying."

"I'm okay. Why are you out here?"

"I left my frisbee out here and my father sent me to go find it."

"Oh. Okay."

"Why are you out here? You don't have on a jacket. Isn't your father worried you'll get a cold?"

"My daddy doesn't like me very much."

"Why not?"

"He hits me a lot."

"Why? That doesn't sound very nice."

"I don't know. Doesn't your daddy hit you?"

He shakes his head. Oh.

"My name is Merlin. What is your name?"

I stick out my hand. He grabs it back and shakes it.

"My name is Arthur Pendragon. But, you can just call me Arthur. We are going to be friends forever."

"Always and forever."

"What?"

"Oh, I read it in a book once. Always and forever. I like the quote."

"Me too! We will be friends, always and forever."

I begin walking up to the school and I feel arms wrap around my waist and and a head rest upon my shoulders.

"Guess who?"

"If it is anybody but my over protective prat of a boyfriend, I'd suggest you start running now."

I get spinned around my make eye contact with my entire world.

Arthur Pendragon.

"You're mean. I'm not an overprotective prat."

"Really? And what did you do to Gwaine yesterday?"

"He was flirting with you! That's barely my fault."

"This is Gwaine we're talking about. He flirts with anything that breathes. You know he would never act upon his flirting."

"But, everybody has to know that you're mine and nobody can mess with you."

"See! You're being an overprotective prat and-"

I get cut off my him kissing me. Oh, how I love these moments. Too bad it has to end so soon. I pull back.

"We have to get to class now. Don't want to be late."

"You're the smartest person in our grade! Hell, you aren't even supposed to be in our grade!"

"Haha. Let's go."

"Fine. But, you have to promise me something."

"Depends. What?"

"That afterschool, you come back to mine and I get to all to myself."

"Arthur, I come over afterschool everydays anyway."

"But, I want you to stay over."

I pull back slightly, only for Arthur to pull me back.

"Arthur, you know that I can't. My father-"

"Fuck your father. He's a basterd anyways. If you would just let me-"

"Hey. Calm down. Now is not the time to talk about this. I love you for being this protective, but I just have one more year until college and I'll leave forever. Now, for that to happen, we need to get to class."

"Fine, fine. Love you too."

He kisses my nose, takes my hand, and leads me to the entrence of the school. We walk in and it already smells like feet and a sweaty gym locket.

"Merlin!"

I look over to the owner of the voice to see Gwen waving at me. I look up at Arthur.

"Gwen is waiting for me. I'll see you later?"

"Yeah. I'll see you in English."

He gives me a quick peck on the lips and I walk off to Gwen.

"You guys are too cute."

"Shut up. How's Lancelot, by the way? I haven't seen him since you guys got back from France."

"He's good. And France was amazing. The food was delicious and there were so many sights to see."

"Sounds like you had a lot of fun. Should we head off to science and see who are the people we have to spend the rest of the year with?"

"Sure. Let's go."

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

"Okay, so three fourths of the people here aren't trash."

"Oi. That's not nice. I'm wonderful."

"Oh, I'm sorry Gwaine. You're great."

"Thanks, Merls. You're pretty okay too."

"I tell you you're great and I get an okay?"

"Well, that's because you are okay."

"Boys, knock it off. Class is starting soon."

"Sorry Gwen."

I open up my bookbag and take out the newest book I'm reading, Le Cabinet des Antiques. I've always excelled at French, and I love reading books from there too.

"Hey, Merls. Stop being a dork for a minute and check out the new guy with me."

I look up to see the new kid standing at the front of the room looking for a seat. He has dark brown, curly hair, pale skin, and blue eyes. I would've guessed him a nerd if he wasn't so jammed packed with muscles like the rest of the jocks in our school. The kid makes eye contact with me and smiles. I do a small, polite smile back and continue reading my book until I hear the teacher walk in.

"Hello everybody. I'm going to be your science teacher this year. You may all call me Gaius. I'm going to take attendence and then hand out the syllabus. After that, you may talk freely between yourselves."

I know that this will be an easy class for me. I've always excelled at science out of all my classes. That's probably good since I want to become a doctor.

I continue reading my book, until I hear the teacher, Gaius, calls my name.

"Merlin Emrys?"

"Here."

At least he got my last name correct. For some reason, some people get tongue twisted while pronouncing it.

Bzzz. I feel my bag vibrate and I go check my phone.

'Hey. Just checking in. How's first period going?'

'It's going great Arthur. You know you don't need to check up on me.'

'But, I love talking to you. Don't deny a simple man his pleasures.'

'I'm your pleasure?'

'As long as you let me *winky face emoji*'

'You're gross. You just now lost your privilege to talk to me.'

'Oh no. How will I ever survive?'

'You won't. Now, I'm reading my book. Love you. Bye.'

'Awe. Don't leave me.'

*A few minutes later*

'I love you too.'

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Ding.

Finally, class is over. Gwaine was being annoying all class, taking my book every once in a while and calling me a nerd. He finally stopped when I threatened I'd tell Arthur. I guess after yesterday, Gwaine doesn't want to risk Arthur being mad at him again.

"Merlin Emrys, please stay after class for a moment."

"Ohhhh. Merlin you troublemaker. What'd you do now? Did you *gasp* forget to return a library book?"

"Shut up Gwaine. If you see Arthur, tell him I'll be late to English. Knowing him, he'll get all worried and stuff."

"Sure. See you later."

"See you. Bye Gwen."

"Bye Merlin. Don't forget about tomorrow."

"Okay, I won't."

What is tomorrow? Eh, I'll ask Arthur about it later. Now, let's go see what Gaius wants.

"Hello, Mr. Gaius, you asked for me?"

"Gaius is just fine and yes. I have a question for you?"

"Yes?"

"I wanted to know if your parents are Balinor and Hunith Emrys?"

How does he know my parents name?

"Yes, they are. How'd you know?"

"I knew them many years back. We were actually pretty good friends, until they got in with they wrong crowd. How are they these days?"

"They are doing good."

Ding, ding. Ah, the warning bell.

"That's good to hear. Will I be seeing them at open school night?"

"I doubt you will. They don't really go to those type of things."

"Ah, I see. Well, let them know I said hello. And if they ever want to reach out, my number is on the syllabus paper."

Bzzz, bzzz. Oh no. Arthur is probably wondering were I am.

"Okay, I will. I should probably be heading to my next class now."

"Yes, of course. Here, let me write you a late pass."

Ding. The bell.

"Thank you Gaius."

"You're welcome. And if you ever need somebody to talk to, my classroom is always open."

"Okay. I'll see you tomorrow."

Bzzz, bzzz.

"See you tomorrow Merlin."

With that, I walk out of the classroom to English. As I'm walking, I check my phone to see four missed texts from Arthur.

'Hey.'

'Where are you class is about to start?'

'If your ditching without me, I'll kill you.'

'If you're not here in five, I'm coming looking for you.'

Then, I get another message.

'I'm coming looking for you. You better not be dead in a ditch somewhere. Who will do my homework then?"

I smile to myself. He's such an overprotective prat.

'Hey. Sorry about that. Science teacher Gaius had to aks me a question. I'll be there in a minute. Don't leave class.'

'Too late. Where are you, I'm coming?'

'Ugh, you're impossible. I'm down the hall, before you make a right to the corrider.'

'Okay, I'm coming.'

'Okay, see you in a-'

Bump. I feel myself fall backwards and drop everything in my arms.

"I'm so sorry. I wasn't paying attention to where I was walking."

I look up to see the new guy kneeling down next to me, picking up my dropped books.

"It's alright. I wasn't looking where I was going either. By the way, are you new here? I saw you in English."

"Yeah. I just moved from two towns over called Druid."

"Oh, I love that area around there. It's always so peaceful there."

I stick out my hand.

"By the way, I'm Merlin."

He takes my hand and shakes it.

"I'm Mordred. It's nice to meet you. By the way, where is the history wing? I can't find anything around here."

"It's okay. I know Camelot is a big school. It's the next floor up. When you get there, go down the hall and make a left. It should be there."

"Thank you. I'm sorry again about bumping into you."

"Don't sweat it."

I give him a small smile and continue walking. I look at my phone to see how late I'm going to-

Suddenly, I feel arms wrap around infront of me. I look up from my phone, to see Arthur staring right at me.

"Hey."

"Hey, who was that you were talking to? I don't recognize him."

"Oh, that was Mordred. He's new here. He wanted to know where the history wing was."

"Oh, okay."

He swings an arm around my shoulders and we begin walking to English together.

"By the way, what's tomorrow?"

"Tomorrow is Tuesday? Are you feeling alright?"

"Ha ha. I don't mean the day. I mean, what do I have with Gwen tomorrow? I forgot."

"For somebody so smart, you can be quite stupid sometimes. We're going on a double date tomorrow with her and Lancelot at the new restaurant. I'm picking you up at six."

"Oh yeah. Now I remember. What would I do without you?"

"You'd need to buy a calander?"

"Yeah. A calander wouldn't be an overprotective prat."

"Hey, that's mean."

"And you just called me stupid!"

"That's because you are."

"And you say I'm the mean one."

"Do you remember what you did when I asked you out?"

"It was a prank! Are you ever going to let me go for that?"

"Never."

*Five years ago*

'Hey Merlin. Can you meet me at the park for a few minutes?'

'Okay. I'll be there in ten.'

I quickly throw on a pair of dark jeans and a grey sweatshirt. I really want to look decent for Arthur. I've started having a crush on him for a few months now. But, I doubt he feels the same way.

I run as fast I can to the park. Well, more specifically, as I like to call it, our bench. We always meet up at the bench that we met up five years ago. I like to think it's our special spot.

As I approach the spot, I see Arthur pacing back and forth. Why is he pacing? He never paces unless he is really nervous or scared. Oh no. Is he going to tell me he doesn't want to be my friend anymore? I know he's a lot higher then me on the social status, but I thought that didn't matter to him.

"Hey, what's wrong?"

"Why would you think something is wrong?"

"You're pacing."

"Oh yeah. Umm. There was something I wanted to talk to you about."

Okay, here it goes. Remember, don't cry no matter what.

"Okay. Just spit it out. What's the worst that could happen?"

"For a while now, I've been having a different feeling about us. I don't think I want us to be friends anymore."

And there it goes. I can feel the tears sting my eyes, but I refuse to let them fall.

"I understand. May I ask why? Is it because of my parents or my social status or-"

"No, you don't understand. I want us not to be friends, but to be boyfriends."

Wait, what? Arthur likes me? He really likes me.

"What are you saying?"

"I really like you, and more then a friend."

Wow, this is the first time I'm being asked out. Since Arthur decided to scare the living daylights out of me, I'll do the same to him.

"I'm not sure how I feel about you Arthur."

"Oh. It's okay if you don't feel the same way. I just wanted you to know."

"I don't think we can be friends anymore. Not with how I feel about you now."

I can see the tears slightly fill his eyes.

"Wait. I will want to be friends. Please Merlin."

"I don't know. I'll talk to you later."

With that, I turn around and begin to walk away. I take five steps before I turn back around, run up to Arthur and throw my arms around his shoulders.

"Of course I like you too dollophead. Who doesn't?"

"Wait, you just said-"

"I said we couldn't be friends because you're now my boyfriend. I didn't know how I felt about you in that moment because I was so happy that you'd actually like me back."

I pull back slightly and look into his beautiful eyes. He chuckles slighly and wraps his arms around me.

"You're so mean. You gave me a heart attack."

"And you started out your speech that you didn't want to be friends anymore. Can you imagine how I felt?"

"Yes, I can imagine."

I smile and the next moment was perfect.

Arthur leaned in and kissed me. Our first kiss. I close my eyes and kiss him back.

"I love you dollophead."

"I love you too idiot."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Word Count: 2583

First chapter published!!! Let me know how you guys like the story so far.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

491K 17.6K 96
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ’œ my first fanfic...
137K 6.3K 26
Desperate for money to pay off your debts, you sign up for a program that allows you to sell your blood to vampires. At first, everything is fine, an...
1.2M 47.5K 53
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...