An Unordinary Shinobi

By treezooks

Naruto Uzumaki ends up in the Unordinary universe through a glitch in the Infinite Tsukiyomi. Can he prevent... More

Chapter 1 - A Bright Beginning (seriously he's a shooting star)
Chapter 2 - is Naruto insane? Is Kurama still sane? Find out....right now
Chapter 3 - We Question Some Morals
Chapter 4 - I came in like uh WRECK A WALL
Chapter 5 - Naruto gives his future self problems
Chapter 6 - OH NO ITS A WALKING PILE OF RAMEN! Oh wait, its just Naruto.
Chapter 8 - In which elevators are flashy contraptions of d3ath
Chapter 9 - What a long day. No, seriously. This chapter is 3584 words long.
Chapter 10 - Lunch queues are a new form of t0rture
Chapter 11 - Pens are kunai in disguise. You can't change my mind.
Chapter 12 - And for once, Naruto's not in big troubl- oh, spoke too soon
Chapter 13 - Need a massage? Call Joker!
Chapter 14 - Holey child unholes himself and inflicts suffering (by accident)
Chapter 15 - We skip a lot of plot
Chapter 16 - Sure, elevators are bad, but honestly, turnstiles are worse
Chapter 17 - dobe
Chapter 18 - Power and Conflict (like my poem anthology) but just the Conflict

Chapter 7 - Velociraptors can open doors, but walking piles of ramen sure can't

3K 58 12
By treezooks

CW: caps, minor (again no injuries) v10lence   ---   TW: fod

Naruto and Sera stood in front of room 13.

"..." they looked at each other.

"How are we supposed to get in?" asked Sera, bent backwards a little so the ramen wouldn't fall.

"I have the key," replied Naruto, standing likewise, "But I really don't know."

A proverbial light bult appeared above Naruto's head. He could use Chakra Mode for an extra set of hands to unlock the door – but Sera was standing next to him and, since he had just told her he didn't have an ability, he probably shouldn't use it. The light bulb gave up and walked away. Sera was also deep in thought.

"What room number is this again?" she asked, trying and failing to peek round the ramen to see the door properly.

"13." answered Naruto. "But how does that help?"

13... Sera thought she recognised the place. "And who is your roommate?"

"Some guy called Joe... John? He attacked me yesterday when I wrecked his door..." he saw her disapproving face. "It was an accident, alright? He didn't answer when I knocked!" Another proverbial light bulb popped up above Naruto's head. "Let's hope he's still in here! I'll knock."

Naruto tapped the door with his foot, balancing the pile precariously. Sera was surprised that he didn't fall over. They heard someone from inside yell "GO AWAY!". Naruto and Sera looked at each other again.

"Hey, John, it's me, Naruto! I can't open the door since I can't get to my key... mind helping me out here?"

"ITS YOUR FAULT THAT YOU CAN'T GET TO YOUR KEY, I'M NOT HELPING YOU. STAND OUT THERE ALL DAY, SEE IF I CARE!" John screamed at them again.

Sera stood there, thinking quietly. So this was John's room... he hadn't told her his room number before, but she did remember Blyke walking down this corridor...

Sera took a deep breath. "John, if you don't let us in I'll..." she never got to finish her sentence because the door was immediately slammed open. Owing to his reflexes, Naruto was able to jump out of the way, ramen pile wobbling perilously. He breathed a sigh of relief when the tower of heavenly goodness stabilised.

"Sera?" Naruto's dormmate breathed.

----------------------------------------------------------------

"Sera?" John couldn't believe his eyes. His new dormmate was standing outside with Sera, both holding a huge pile of... was that ramen? He quickly snatched the massive heap of noodles from Sera.

"Hey! I was perfectly fine holding that myself, John!" Sera snapped at him. John missed her, even if she was angry with him. He hauled the tottering pile of noodles through the doorway and onto a table. The annoying, bright boy stood outside the door with a confused expression on his face.

"You know each other?" he asked. He seemed completely bemused.

"Well, yeah." replied John in an 'are you stupid' voice. "We're friends."

He then changed his tone and glared accusingly at Fox-Face (what, he had whiskers, alright?), getting ready to attack him. "You didn't do anything to Sera, right?"

"Well, no... actually I bumped into her when waking out of a store, but she was fine and offered to help me carry the ramen- WOAH JOHN..." Fox-Face (oh yeah, his name was Naruto, wasn't it) was going down. How dare he bump into Sera? John leaped forward in an attempt to pin Naruto against the wall, which was easily sidestepped, leaving him stuck on a collision course with the wall. His eyes widened, and just millimetres away from a broken nose, he was held back by a foot belonging to a certain orange ramen-carrying person. Naruto breathed a sigh of relief. He was clearly quite glad that no injuries had occurred and that his ramen pile was still intact. Dropping his foot, Naruto walked carefully over to the table and started organising the noodles.

John was panting heavily and glaring at Naruto as if he wanted to strangle him. Sera, finally able to process the speed at which the confrontation had happened, stepped in front of John and assured him that it was all an accident and she hadn't been harmed in any way. This Naruto person had been very nice to her and she didn't want to see him get caught up in any violence with John. John was not really satisfied with their explanations but decided that spending time with Sera took priority over destroying the boy – he'd deal with him later as Joker, that would teach him a lesson.

"Sera, why have you been avoiding me?" John cut straight to the point. Sera didn't meet his eyes.

"I was...busy...with you know...homework and stuff. And you didn't tell me this was your room either, so how was I supposed to visit?" she explained. But was it really an explanation, or was it an excuse?

"You didn't answer my calls."

Sera looked panicked, like a deer caught in the headlights. "I... uh..." she stammered nervously, "I... I... Oh would you look at the time!" she peered at her clearly watchless wrist and quickly averted her gaze. "I have to meet up with, uh, Remi soon! Bye!" She stood up and turned on her heel, sprinting away from the room. 

"Sera, wait!" John shouted as she sped off down the corridor. He tried to follow her but stumbled, and when he looked back up, she was gone. Anger welled up inside John. She was avoiding him. Could it be...? Did Sera know that he was Joker? Someone must have told her. Probably that pathetic excuse of a human being, Asslo. He had already taught him a lesson, and it still wasn't enough to stop his meddling? Well, this time he would make it a lesson to be remembered... An orange flash passed across his vision, probably the blood rushing to his head. John stood up and turned towards the table, vowing to end that Naruto brat who had hurt Sera. Wait. Where was that Fox-Face?

----------------------------------------------------

"That was close," breathed Naruto as he rounded the corner and released Chakra Mode. He raced over to the rosemary bush and leaped into the middle of it, grabbing his pillow, which was miraculously still there, and launched himself at the dorm building. He dashed up the wall and climbed in through the window, the bed still wedged against the door. Of course he wasn't able to open it – the bed was pushed against the handle in a brilliant way that would stop John from getting in and, of course, stop he himself from entering. Heaving the bed away from the door, he braced himself and unlocked it, ducking just in time to avoid a ferocious punch aimed at him by John, who had heard the thumps from inside and had been poised to launch a surprise attack. Letting the boy fall through the open door, Naruto walked calmly over to the table, picked up all the ramen and, stepping over John, who lay sprawled in the doorway, dumped it all in a corner of his room with a satisfied sigh. Grasping his toothbrush, he then fished his toothpaste out of his pocket and made his way towards the bathroom, only hindered slightly by John, who tried to trip him up by the door.

'Hey, was it really necessary to use Chakra Mode?' Kurama asked.

'Yes of course it was necessary! My LIFE was on the line!' Naruto exclaimed in his mind after he locked the bathroom door to stop the pests, namely John, from getting in.

'Bit of an overstatement...' Kurama muttered. 'And you reek of rosemary. Go have a shower. You bought soap, right?'

'Yeah, yeah, MOTHER,' Naruto teased. He heard Kurama yelling at him to stop calling him 'mother' in the background, but ignored him (as usual) and began brushing his teeth and showering, though not at the same time, of course. Naruto noted that he needed some new clothes, because like hell he was going to wear his school uniform EVERY DAY with no clean clothes to put on afterwards (his shinobi attire was looking a little... worse for wear).

Since Naruto now had a miniature mountain of ramen, he was looking forward to eating them, so he turned on the kettle, chose a pot, and made a meal he thought he deserved, especially since he had survived his first night with the maniac next door. Naruto decided he may as well have a toast.

"To more nights of not being killed by John!" he cheered. He heard a quiet grunt of disapproval from next door, but shrugged it off.

After he had finished the ramen, he lay back onto his bed and, for lack of anything to do, fell asleep again.

END OF CHAPTER

a/n that's how you write it right?

For the sake of this afterword, THE ME is changing to TREEZOOKS and THE ALMIGHTY TONG is THE GLORB.

THE GLORB: THE CHAPTER IS FINISHED!

TREEZOOKS: FINALLY!

GLORB: Wow, that was long, wasn't it?

TREEZOOKS: not really. I mean, just because your chapters are always so short...

GLORB: Shuddup. And yes, dear readers, I do have a story as well! It's a Harry Potter and Percy Jackson crossover, so if you're interested in that kind of stuff, do check it out after you're done with this fanfiction. My username is KevinDaGlorb.

TREEZOOKS: three cheers for self-promotion!

GLORB: (whispers) now say something about comments.

TREEZOOKS: Please comment on typos or other errors so we can fix them or if you actually like the story, do tell us! We appreciate and read all the comments! Oh and GLORB wants me to stop being so pessimistic!

GLORB: *facepalms*

GLORB: welp that's the end of this chapter we hope to have better a/n (but plural) in the future!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 49.6K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
966K 36.6K 87
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...
2.3M 116K 65
โ†ณ โ [ INSANITY ] โž โ” yandere alastor x fem! reader โ”• ๐ˆ๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
88.7K 4.9K 34
โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค *โ‹†โ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐ค ๐ข'๐ ๐ฉ๐š๐ฌ๐ฌ ๐ฎ๐ฉ ๐š ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐ž๐ž ๐ญ๐ซ๐ข๐ฉ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ข๐ญ๐š๐ฅ๐ฒ? ๐ข ๐ฅ๐ข๐ญ๐ž๐ซ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ค๐ž๐ž๐ฉ ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐ฉ๐š๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ฉ๐จ๐ซ๐ญ ๐ข๐ง ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๏ฟฝ...