The Apocalypse

By Ar040394

What happens after the zombie apocalypse begins? survivors stick together and fend for themselves right, howe... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
~Not an Update~
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48 -Final
its me again
142k + sumn else
Sequel?

Epilogue- Master plan

11K 576 404
By Ar040394

Over a year later:

"Oh my god! Fuck me!" I yelled.

Sean looked at me, half disgusted, half shocked "you should probably stop using expressions like that now that you're dating Junglebook,"

This perverted old troll needs to get his mind out of the gutter. I glared at him, trying to clean up the mess I knocked onto the counter.

Half the gooey concoction of flour, eggs, sugar and milk that we spent nearly the entire afternoon working on was now on the counter of Seans kitchen.

It was supposed to be Jungkooks birthday cake, so much for the big plan we had.

Jin is back in our house, making the rest of the birthday meal with Yoongi and Hoseoks help.

While the remainder followed Jungkook out on a supply run, with a mission to keep him away until 7p.m, all part of my master plan to atleast attempt and give Jungkook some sort of birthday surprise. To try and bring a little bit of pre-apocalypse life back to cheer him up.

He'd been a little on edge lately and a little distant to everyone around him. In fact the other day, the first time all 8 of us managed to sit down and have a meal together in a long time Jungkook looked as if he were dreading it.

When I threw in a joke about how Namjoon and Jin should just get married already and the others joined in saying that they should all get married eventually, he grew somewhat agitated.

Jin was very on board with my idea and soon all of them were but this isn't how I quite expected it to go down.

All I did was tell them I had baked a cake before and no one died from food poisioning. Then Yoongi mumbled something along the lines of 'if no one died she's  already more qualified than the dongsaengs' to Jin and now somehow I'm in charge of the birthday cake. 

And since they had to use the kitchen for the birthday meal prep, I got kicked out from my own kitchen by Jin. Thats how I ended up in Seans kitchen with chocolate cake batter along the length of my left forearm.

Sean tsked as he went to go grab more ingredients from the cabinets. We barely had any to spare since its the middle of the damn apocalypse and time was nearly up too.

6.15p.m read the clock.

"Don't worry I've got a box of instant cake mix, but it's my last. Don't drop the batter again," Sean warned, placing the box between us.

I sighed in relief as I ripped the top of the box open.

"What will your poor old Junglebook eat then?" He mocked, tapping a finger on his forehead as he pretended to think hard about it.

I threw the lid off the cardboard box at him, which he swiftly avoided and begun pacing around muttering 'what will the baby junglebook eat?'

Perhaps I do 'baby' Jungkook a little too much sometimes, but can anyone blame me? He has such endearing little habits and ways.

However Sean being Sean never misses an opportunity to make fun of me for it.

It's been over a year and Sean and I were pretty much friends again, he's still a jackass but a loveable one.

"Me." I blatantly replied, pouring the contents of the box into the bowl.

I stifled a laugh, watching Sean actually choke on his own saliva and grip the table for support.

-

40 minutes later and we finally pulled it off, the cake looked like a cake and thats honestly better than I thought we'd be able to do.

We ran over to my house with the cake, not even bothering to clean ourselves nor the kitchen in fear that we were late.

Now that Jin could speak to me fluently enough, I too often became victim to his half-rap and half-scoldings. Long gone were the days he would just smile pleasantly at me and only scold the rest of them for getting into trouble.

As I bolted through my kithen door it became apparent things back in my kitchen ...weren't exactly going as smoothly as planned to say the least.

Soy sauce dripped off Yoongis cheek. My dad is trying to cut onions with a butter knife while my uncle dabs a tissue on his teary eyes. Hoseok is in the middle of balancing some sort of bowl that had a ceramic squirrel rising from its centre in 1 arm and another dish in his other.

Huh I never even knew I had that bowl.

Jin didn't even turn away from the stove upon my entry with Sean. He just focused on adding various ingredient to the skillet on the stove.

Food was there on the table but not everything was ready. The moment I placed the cake onto the kitchen counter we heard the living room door open.

Laughter from the 4 boys filled up the entire house, we could hear them from the kitchen.

"Wahhh. Something smells good. Is Jin hyung cooking tonight?"

Everyone heard Jungkooks voice crystal clear, the sound of footsteps neared us.

"(Y/n), go distraction him," Jin spoke, looking over his shoulder while pointing his chin towards the hall.

The other 4 all nodded and Sean physically shoved me out of the kitchen.

I stumbled my way into the hall.

The 4 who were just returning looked at me in surprise.

"Heyyy, happy birthday, ... birthday-boy," I tried to not sound awkward and discretely brush away the powdered cake mix that got onto my face. 

Jungkook smiled ear to ear, pink lips pulling back to expose his teeth as he neared me with open arms. I gladly went to him which led to him picking me up into a hug as he always did if we spent the day apart.

My toes brushed against the ground as he swayed us, burying his face into the crook of my neck.

"Uhm so I think Jin was looking for you 3 in the kitchen," I tried to convey the message with my eyes as well to the other 3 that were looking at us almost fondly.

Jin would need all the help possible or a miracle if he was going to complete cooking before Jungkook gets too suspicious.

"Oh yea, yes. I go there," Jimin nodded and made his way there.

"I hear hyung calling," Taehyung added, pulling a confused looking Namjoon with him and Jimin towards the kitchen.

"Is Jin hyung looking for me too?" Jungkook spoke against my skin, placing me back onto the ground. His eyes following his 3 elders that slipped down the hallways and out of sight.

"Who you? Nooooo," I tugged at his hands, slowly leading him further and further away from the kitchen.

His wide doe eyes were still fixed on the doorway "maybe I should go help,"

He shrugged his hand out of mine and took a step towards the kitchen.

I grabbed his entire arm, pulling him to a stop "You really don't have too. Jin only asked for them really,"

Jin wanted the meal to be a surprise, it was a traditional birthday meal like what they had back home and he specifically said earlier that if any of us let it slip and ruined his gift for Jungkook, he would personally throw us out the house. 

Jin is a powerful man and I don't  doubt for a second that he would not hesitate to throw me out of my very own house.

"But I want to help them, they do so much for me," he looked at the door almost longingly.

Goddamn him and his pure soul.

"Okay well if you insist," I loosened my grip on his arm, letting my hand slide down untill they found his hands, intertwining our fingers together "but atleast let me give you your birthday gift first,"

His gaze flickered to mine, innocent confusion splattered across his face.

"Gift?" He questioned.

I pulled him over to the living room couch and pushed him down so that he sat upright.

He visibly gulped when I hummed in response while climbing onto his lap and straddled it.

Whatever keeps him distracted right?

His tongue poked the inside of his cheek, wide eyes trailing all over me.

I brushed his bangs off his forehead, tangling my fingers up in his hair "I'd be a bad girlfriend if I didn't get you anything right?"

"About that..." he hesitantly began "I don't want you to be my girlfriend anymore,"

He what now?

My hands froze in place, my entire act of attempted seduction dissolved away into nothing but pure shock. 

I look between the two of us, I'm. essentially sitting on his uhm little friend, this is ...certainly 1 awkward way to break-up.

"You mean that?"  My voice trembled, a little moisture gathered in my eyes. Proably explains why he was a little distant.

"Yeaa..." he trailed off  "could you get off me?"

Well thats a sentence I've never heard from him before.

"Oh..yea su-sure," I bit on my lips to stop them from quivering so much as I removed myself from him.

My mind went numb, did I do something wrong?

He stood up as well, hands in his pockets.

"(Y/n) I don't want you to be my girlfriend," he repeated with the same level of emptiness, those doe eyes never seemed this unaproachable before.

I waved a hand dismissively, looking up towards the ceiling so that he doesn't catch me about to cry a weeks wter supply worth of tears "I heard you the first time"

"I want you to more- to be more than that."

...he what? 

My gaze flew back to him.

Down on one knee, in front of me.

A little silver circle in his hand.

He took my hand in his as he stared gazed up at me in all seriousness he then said "I want you to be my waai- waipp- waifff," he paused for a moment, a small frustrated sigh left him "WIFE!"

I jumped back a little to which he just sheepishly grinned. 

"Will me you," His shy grin faltered, own eyebrow knotting up at his words "Wait no, thats wrong, let me try again," he mumbled.

Once again he looked up at me, practically glowing.

"Will you marr ...mer," the loving look in his eyes slowly morphed into a panicked one.

His gaze dropped "I ...damnit I forgot the word!" He frustratedly mumbled.

He shook his head, and took a deep breath. "May I.." He looked up again with determinantion "May I be your husband?"

The determination was overshadowed by hope in his eyes.

I mean obviously I want to say yes but he went from breaking up with me to proposing in like 2 seconds. I need a moment to process this.

If I had a loading bar too it would be at -200% 

Same with my iq right now.

At my loss for words his hope quickly disappeared "it's okay if you want to say no. I could only find a toy ring not proper one anyway," he held up the little ring, looking at it in dismay "I'll get the words right next time, I promise. Can you wait till then?"

Chernobyl disaster 2.0 is happening in heart right now.

"OhmygodIhateyousomuchbutIloveyou.Icantbelieveyoumademebelieveyouwerebreakinguponlytopullupthissweetasfuckbullshitoutofnowhere.YoucantjustattackmelikethisI'mmorelikelytodiefromyouradorablenessthanazombieatthisrate,"

He blinked, face like a blank canvas, mouth hanging agape as he stood up, his hand still holding onto mine and another holding the ring in front of my finger "I do not understand when you speak fast,"

I pressed my lips against his for a moment before pulling away "Yes, what I'm saying is yes,"

A shy smile broke across his face as he slipped the little ring around my finger.

He laced our fingers together, as he rested his forehead on mine. The ridiculously adorable smile remained plastered onto his face "I love you,"

It's as if time went still. About a year ago we were nothing more than strangers who could barely communicate, how things have changed.

"I love you too."

The lights flickered on, both our heads directed to the hallway.

"Okay woohoo both your master plans worked out. Congrats, now distance yourselves before the baby-making starts," Yoongi announced, leaning by the doorframe.

"Both?" Jungkook and I simultaneously ask back.

Yoongi nods "You wanted some of us to keep him busy while you prepared his surprise and," his gaze shifts to Jungkook "you wanted some of us to keep her in fort9 and busy while you went ring hunting,"

...well he kinda blew the birthday surprise now.

Yoongi yawned, stretching his back in the process "anyways Jin hyung is calling and (y/n) your cheek still has a droplet of cake batter,"

With that he left. 

I smiled up at Jungkook before making my way towards the kitchen as well but his grip on my hand didn't let me. He remained planted on the spot, lower lip slightly jutted out "but my gift,"

....he-

I-

He can't be seriously asking for something so sinful with those big puppy eyes and pouty little lips.

"Everyones waiting lets go," I tugged at him.

He playfully glared but I kept on insisting we go. They've walked in on us more times than I can count on my fingers and I don't want those numbers to go up.

Ultimately he conceeded, following my lead towards the kitchen.

Just as I'm about to grab hold of the kitchen door handle, his hand snakes around my waist and under my shirt. Fingers tracing circles along my abdomen.

My eyebrows jump back in surprise.

Oh c'mon not right outside the door.

The smooth wet surface of his tongue flicks itself across my cheek.

"I- wuh.. what are you doing?" I stammered.

"Helping. There was cake batter on your cheek," he placed a quick kiss on my cheek where his tongue just glided across.

He let go of me and opted for gripping the door handle, leaving me frozen in place slightly behind.

"By the way..." He glanced over his shoulder, his infamously cocky 'smilk' dancing along his lips.

"...I'd like my gift later tonight," he winked and pushed the door open.

(A/n: anywayss so i need somemore help again, more like a place to vent. I've noticed a few of u pointed out tht this book is kinda similar to another. Someone was even kind enough to message me about it and send me the link to the book its ...i skimmed through and the major plotline and everything are pretty much identical to my story. Main difference being that the love interest is Taehyung instead of Jungkook and like its not Xreader. The girl has a name and stuff. But i mean ... I dunno guys am i overreacting here?  It's kind of disheartening when someone else takes credit for your work right? I've never dealt with something like this before and and I've just contacted them regarding the issue so lets hope it goes well cos my emotional state aint gonna be able to handle it if she/he starts cussing me out

On a brighter not tq fr reading this far. I love all of you who read, vote n comment. Wishing you all the best and as Taehyung said go eat a double bulgogi set, cos u deserve it)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

929K 37.1K 47
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
628K 31.6K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, a powerful d...
10.7K 585 11
Her fingers were intertwined as she looked up at the blinking stars. She sighed heavily and closed her eyes. "I wish I could be happy again." Started...
2.1M 109K 62
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...