To The Beautiful You

By NE0BOSS

After the tragic death of her parents, Valerie moves halfway across the country to attend an elite school. Sh... More

TO THE BEAUTIFUL YOU
0. SNITCHES GET STITCHES
1. DREAMS AND DESIRES
2. THE BEAUTY OF ZEN
3. TWO VISUALS
4. THE TROUBLE WITH FRIENDSHIPS
5. DRAMA DRAMA
6. CLASS ZERO
7. GAMES AND MISTAKES
8. VINCENT
9. STARS ARE DEAD
10. THE PRICE OF LIFE
11. PROMISES SHOULDN'T BE BROKEN
12. THE POWER OF FRIENDSHIP
13. IT ALL STARTS TODAY
15. EVERYONE IS PRETTY
16. PERFECTION
17. BEAUTIFUL
18. LIARS NEVER SURVIVE
19. THE FRIEND WHO WILL BETRAY
20. LIARS DON'T LIVE LUXURIOUSLY
21. THE REGRET OF A BROTHER
22. SOMEONE WHO CARES
23. PRETTY
24. A SILENT CRY
25. FRIENDSHIP
26. VINCENT'S CARING SIDE

14. WISH ONE

1.4K 106 184
By NE0BOSS

14 : WISH ONE

first person
VALERIE

"Well done, Milano." the sound of Vincent's silvery voice causes my heart to warm with joy. For the first time ever, his words seemed golden. I achieved a goal, a goal that someone told me I couldn't achieve. Class Zero, the classroom where I will build my life, the classroom I will succeed in.

"I guess I was wrong, you seem to break my expectations each time we meet, Valerie." Atlas says, handing over a piece of card. I glance at the details, it was his number and address. "Contact me when you figure out what you want."

I watch as Atlas walks away nonchalantly, there was no sign of anger in his face.

Even though he lost, he walks as if he wins.

Vincent snatches the card from my grip. His eyes scan the card slowly. "Figure out what you want? Is he blackmailing you?" he says distastefully with a scowl on his pretty face.

"No, it's nothing like that."

"Right, but if it ever does get to that point you can always tell me." Vincent says, handing me the card before making his way towards the exit.

I walk after him, not caring about the card in my hand. "Vincent!" he stops by the elevator, turning around to meet my eyes. He no longer harboured the permanent frown on his face, the boy in front of me was relaxed and for once — okay.

"Relax, I'm not going anywhere." he murmurs, leaning against the wall behind him. "What do you want Milano? Us talking constantly shouldn't be normalised."

"I just wanted to thank you. Without you, I wouldn't have able to get into Class Zero. I guess it was worth tutoring me in exchange for driving in your car without me." for some reason I was slightly disappointed that I wouldn't be able to ride in his car anymore.

Vincent purses his lips. "After thinking about it, I realised it wasn't a problem having you in my car. You're okay Milano and I'm fine with okay people."

He then gets inside the elevator.

Before the doors close, I notice his golden smile. It was beautiful. So that's what it means to be beautiful. To truly be proud, to truly be happy. That smile suits him and I couldn't see it any other way.

"See ya, Milano."

My heart beats undeniably fast. So this was beauty.

"So you got tutored?" the sound of Atlas' irritating voice fills the atmosphere. I frown deeply, to him, success should be well deserved and the way I succeeded was with the help of another.

"Not tutored, I got a little help." I respond curtly, not in the mood for his side remarks. All Atlas does is glance at me. Disappointment seemed to overwhelm his face.

He leans closer towards me. "I knew you weren't just any girl, you seem to use people around you to boost your status. Tell me how you used Vincent? How did he help you out of all the people in this school, don't tell me you did him a special favour." Atlas grimaces, proceeding to scrutinise me.

I clench my jaw. He's assuming I did something bad to get into Class Zero. But I'm not the type of person to do people special favours, I'm not the type of person to use people. I genuinely just wanted to reach a higher status for a better life. All I want to be is successful. But you can't be successful if people around you find problems in the way you got successful.

Before I could slap Atlas across the face, he grabs my wrist mid air, pushing me against the wall. "Now, tell me. What did you do for Vincent? I don't want to assume you're a s—" his words cause me to gulp. That word brings back a lot of bad memories, memories I wish to avoid.

A tear slides down my face. I'm pathetic. I'm letting a stupid rich boy get the best of me. "Why are you crying?" Atlas' voice falters, his eyes seemingly softening. He immediately releases his grip on my wrist, taking a step back.

He curses. "What's wrong with me?" he whispers incoherently, glancing at me with regret.

Atlas takes a step forward. "Are you okay? I didn't meant to say that, it's just I was angry that—"

"Your anger doesn't define the fact you were about to call me a slut. Do you really think that low of me? Do you really hate me that bad? Just because I got into Class Zero by studying, you seem to think there's something wrong?" I exclaim, wiping the tears away from my face frustratedly. "I don't understand men, no boys like you. It's frightening how you believe you have the power to label women as whatever you want."

"I think you should calm down." Atlas says, making me feel even more frustrated. You should never tell someone to calm down, it makes them feel the exact opposite.

"Why? All you do is insult me and degrade me. You even threatened me to leave Ben alone if I didn't get into Class Zero. Are you obsessed with him? Why are you so worried about who he's friends with?"

Atlas sighs. "You don't understand."

"Then explain? I'll understand if you tell me."

Atlas looks around the hallways before pressing the elevator button. "Get in, this is taking one of you three wishes." he mutters, entering the elevator. I frown, one of the three wishes?

"No you're telling me this without taking a wish."

Atlas rolls his eyes. "Fine. Don't find out. You don't have to understand, it's not your business anyways."

I watch as the doors begin to close. But before they do I get on to the elevator.

Atlas presses a button.

"Bentley and female friends is an issue." Atlas says.

"Why?

"Because Bentley ends up liking all his female friends. I'm sure you're aware of how many girlfriends he has had. All I'm doing is looking out for you, not because I'm secretly obsessed with him. Just because every girl he seems to like always end up with heartbreak."

"But our friendship is simply platonic."

"You think that but I'm sure he doesn't."

"But I don't understand. How can he like someone so quick?"

"Bentley looks at someone and likes them. It's how he is. You may think you're being a typical friend but your actions seem different to him. He overthinks and assumes you're trying to be more than friends."

Atlas' words cause me to raise my eyebrows. "Damn, I didn't see it like that."

"And when he stops liking you? He'll make sure to do everything to avoid you. He has the power to remove you from this school."

My heart pauses. Remove me from this school? That would ruin everything.

"So how do I avoid this? I can't randomly tell him I don't want to be his friend."

Atlas sighs. "Just act like you like somebody already. But be aware that Bentley will try to find out who you like and attempt to ruin whatever you have with that person."

do y'all ship vincent and valerie? and do you think ben will end up liking valerie?

thank you for 8k :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

742K 22.1K 38
When Avalon West's parents are sick of her attitude, they ship her across the world to a boarding facility in England. There she meets the Elites: a...
104K 3.3K 30
He looked at me giving me that look, I knew I was in trouble. I could feel my heart pounding as he drew closer to me. I felt his large hand grab on t...
2K 242 75
Two years after the death of her twin brother, Val decides to transfer to a different school. Maloy high. A prestigious school for the elite, a plac...
Collide By Macey

Teen Fiction

20.1K 763 24
They were the best of friends for six summers in a row then she disappeared. She comes back as the new girl but changed from the girl in the summer...