Hold My Love

By PersadiaAmore

COMPLETED✔ "Her skin was the shade of dark chocolate and not the cheap shit, the expensive kind. The kind tha... More

Authors Note
Chapter 1: The drug for his heart
Chapter 2: Hope for Tomorrow
Chapter 3:When it all began
Chapter 4: Puppy Love
Chapter 5: Those Stormy Grey Eyes
Chapter 6: Have Mercy
Chapter 7: One of a Kind
Chapter 8: Our thing
Chapter 9: Finding Me
Chapter 10: Confusion
Chapter 11: Oh Brother
Chapter 12: That type of Crying
Chapter 13: Teenage Drama
Chapter 14: A Liar with a Ring
Chapter 15: Goodbyes
Chapter 16: Mother Dear
Chapter 17: An abortion David
Chapter 18: An Honor
Chapter 19: Scotch and Cuban Cigars
Chapter 20: His Angel
Chapter 21: Ashley's, Becky's and Stacy's
Chapter 22: C4 Ripped tastes like DoDo
Chapter 23: Follow me Baby
Chapter 24: Alessandro
Chapter 25: Their World
Chapter 26: Does Love Beat All?
Chapter 27: He let her go
Chapter 28: Somebody's Wife
Chapter 29: Dirty Dancing
Chapter 30: The Boss
Chapter 31: 'us'
Chapter 32: Thanksgiving
Chapter 33: Trouble in Paradise
Chapter 34: Flying to the Moon
Chapter 35: His Family
Chapter 36: How the Rich Indulge
Chapter 37: American Men
Chapter 38: A Child, Andy
Chapter 39: A Dress fit for a Princess
Chapter 40: Sophia and Giovanni
Chapter 41: Crackheads
Chapter 42: Caught
Chapter 43: Jailbreak
Chapter 44: A bunch of Prudes
Chapter 45: Big Head's Cousin
Chapter 46: Lukewarm
Chapter 47: BABIES??
Chapter 48: Secrets
Chapter 49: A threat?
Chapter 50: The Jefferson's
Chapter 51: Gone too Soon
Chapter 52: Corporal Punishment
Chapter 53: New Normal
Chapter 54: 12/20/20
Chapter 55: Two Winners
Chapter 56: Paris
Chapter 57: Adoption
Chapter 58: A Jealous Man
Chapter 59: Amen's and Friends that kiss
Chapter 60: On the Run
Chapter 61:Now
Chapter 62: Maria
Chapter 63: Luca Grey Anastasi
Chapter 64: Revenge
Chapter 65: Divorce
Chapter 66: Birthday Boy
Chapter 67: Miscarriage
Chapter 68: Kidnapped
Chapter 69: Our Babies
Chapter 70: Safe House Shenanigans
Chapter 71: Progress
Chapter 72: A broken-hearted fool
To Fight For Aisha
With Love: The Motherland

Chapter 73: Redemption

3K 152 45
By PersadiaAmore

It's been a long way coming but we made it, last chapter! Please comment, I want to know what you guys are thinking:)

GIOVANNI POV.

She was gone and it was my fault.

I was reminded that every single day.

For three months straight I did nothing but cry. I haven't cried so uncontrollable like that since the first person I killed. I was broken beyond repair and looking at my kids made me even the more guilty.

Luca was never going to remember his mother. My triples never even got the chance to know her. They will grow up hating me for killing their mother and I will age hating myself for killing Sophia.

"Boss it's about to happen".

I take the ipad and watch as two black cars drive into the tunnel and soon after an explosion of fire breaks out.

I hand back the device before opening the car door, "good. Bring my bags to the door Lance. After that your free to go, I am no longer your boss".

I take two carseats in both hands before going back to get Luca and the other baby.

"Ocean!"

I force a smile for my son, "no that's a river. The ocean is only a few miles away though".

He tugs on the french doors and I watch him run to the river that was behind the house. Before I can call out to him Isabella releases a cry reminding me that it was feeding time. I decide to feed her first while Marcello and Francesco were still sleeping from the long plane and car ride.

After heating her up bottle I put the nipple to her mouth and watch her suck, "you look just like your mama, baby girl. If she knew she was having a girl she would have gone crazy...even though she didn't know, you best believe she loved you like crazy. Sophia loved everyone..."

She lets out a soft whimper as if she knew exactly what I was talking about.

"Giovanni".

I watch as Sienna walk in with the twins in both hands, her belly swollen with child.

"Luca's in the backyard but give me a kiss first".

Antonio runs away ignoring me but Esperanza gives me a hug before she runs out back.

Alessandro comes in with the three dogs and he and Sienna begin making more formula for the boys that just woke up. Not even five minutes pass before Esperanza comes back in holding my pinky in her small brown hand. I still haven't gotten used to my pinky being bare.

"I want cookies".

Usually I would instruct the cook to start making some cookies but it was just us out here. There weren't any maids to do chores or chefs to do cooking. Only two guards stood outside guarding the house and next door, two more were guarding Alessandro's.

Sienna sighs, "I'll make you some cookies after the babies are done feeding. Why don't you help Uncle burp Izzy?"

I show her how to gently pat the Isabella's back until she finally releases a soft burp. After a while the child grows bored of holding the baby so she hands her back to me before running out back.

Less looks outside to where the kids were chasing the dogs, "This is it. Just us in the middle of nowhere".

I smile, "yep. This is what Sophia wanted all along. A house in the countryside where we can raise our four children together. Those were her exact words actually...and it took her death for me to finally make it come true".

Sienna shakes her head, "stop beating yourself up about it Giovanni. Sophia would be happy that you finally did it and that her kids are no longer in danger".

I tug on my shoulder length black hair, "right now everyone might think we're dead but what about the children? We can't force them to stay in hiding forever. There going to want to go out to the world and when they do people who thought they died would get curious".

Less pats my back, "Right now let's just focus on raising them like normal kids. We can worry about the future when it comes".

I look down at Isabella's dark brown eyes and all I see is Sophia.

***

1 Year later

The past year has been hell for me. Adjusting as a single parent to four kids without extra help for doing laundry and dishes was difficult. I feel guilty when I remember how Sophia practically raised Luca on her own while I chose not to help.

My mother wants to come out here to help and finally see her new grandkids but it was too risky. The whole of Italy thinks I'm dead. If she left the country to come here paparazzi would surely follow her and that would blow my cover.

It already stresses me out Lucia is all alone in New York. I couldn't bring myself to make fake my baby sister's death because that would mean she would have to stop her education. She was going to med school in a few months, it would have broken her if I stopped her.

We had Sophia's body flown to our House in Tennessee where we buried her in our flower garden. I haven't visited the grave since the burial last year but Luca, the twins, Sienna and Alessandro always come out here to cut the weeds.

Everytime I thought of coming out here bile would immediately rise to my throat. It wasn't until yesterday that I finally have gotten the courage to come here.

It was all God. That's all I can say.

Through the year I embarked on a journey to find this God that Sophia raved over. This God that claims he can heal my broken heart, that he can forgive me for all of my sins-knowing that there was a lot of blood on my hands, this God that has saved my life from all the assassination attempts, this God that still loves me and wants me to go to Heaven.

I smile looking up at the sky, "Heaven...Sophia how is Heaven?"

The wind blows making the flowers and trees sway.

Last night at exactly 3:14am, I woke up sweating from a nightmare. I had been getting them since my first kill and after Sophia's death they got even worse. The first thing I saw when I opened my eyes was Sophia's Bible that I always kept on the nightstand. I become enraged, I had read the whole Bible twice in one year and I pray twice a day but still I felt so far away from God.

The kids were over at Alessandro's so I began to scream without care. I asked God where he was when Sophia who served him till her last breath was murdered, where he is now when I'm drowning in pain, I asked him why I didn't die instead, I told him everything that was sitting heavy in my heart and I asked him to reveal himself to me if he was indeed real.

And he did.

That same night, I dreamt I was standing in the middle of a flower field watching Sophia run around holding hands with a man in a white robe. I couldn't see the man's face due to the bright light that was shining through it, but I knew he was Jesus. He let go of Sophia's hand and walked back to me placing his hands on my shoulder. Immediately I feel the heavyweight leave my body. Sophia who had been watching ran back to us with a bright smile and took my other hand. Together we walked towards the rest of the people who had been waiting for us at the top of a hill.

I woke up sobbing and with a strong urge to read the Bible. When I opened it up, it fell open to Matthew 18:12, "If a man has a hundred sheep and one of them wanders away, what will he do? Won't he leave the ninety-nine others on the hills and go out to search for the one that is lost?"

As a shiver ran down my body, It all stared to make sense at that moment. Sophia had to die so that I could find the Lord.

I know without a doubt that if she had never died I would have never been shaken up enough to actually leave the Mafia. I finally understood why Sophia never feared death, she knew paradise awaited her. If I had been the one to died that night, I would have gone straight to hell.

Sophia always said that there was a reason that God brought a person into your life. And now I know that he brought her into mine so that I could find him. Her dying lead me to finally opening my eyes and seriously seeking God for myself. Early today, I got saved and baptised and I have never felt so much peace in my life.

I admit that I had been suicidal before. The guilt was unbearable and truthfully I didn't want to continue on in life without Sophia. If I didn't have my kids to be here for, I know I would have killed myself the second she stopped breathing.

Sophia dying wasn't a goodbye, it was an 'I'll see you later'.

The wind blows again and I close my eyes. I know this is exactly where I'm supposed to be. This is where God wants me. It hurts me to the core that Sophia is not here with me but I know that I will see her in eternity.

"You were right Sophia, nothing on this Earth lasts forever. I pray you fly high my angel", I hold the Bible to my heart as tears spill out. "I promise I'll see you in Heaven mi amore".

I kiss my palm and uncurl it onto the Headstone where her name is engraved.

I'll always hold her love as long as she holds mine.

The End.

I personally think this is the best chapter I've ever written. What was your favorite chapter?

What did you guys want the ending to look like?

This is my first book ever so if it's cringe I apologize but be honest with me, what do you guys think?

And what do you guys want next? (I won't be continuing Giovanni's story because I don't want him with anyone else).

**Since the beginning I knew I wanted to incorporate Christianity in this book and my other/future books. If I didn't make it obvious enough, the message for this book was Salvation. Which Giovanni got at the end. I also knew since the first chapter that I was going to kill off Sophia. I didn't have to but I didn't want my book to have the generic happy ending like all the other Mafia books have. In a way it does have a happy ending because Gio, gets out of the Mafia, finds the Lord and he gets peace. But Sophia is gone which I know is upsetting everyone and their homegirl's.

And for the last time ever, please vote<3

You are loved.

~PersadiaAmore

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 27.2K 48
A Dark and ruthless love story. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - He looks deeply in my eyes and brushes h...
295K 9.9K 57
𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐎𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 ★★★ "Stop moving and stay still." "Then tell me where we are going then," I replied, getting annoye...
8.3K 201 13
"Are you out of your mind? I could hurt you." The veins started to pumped up in fear of what i'm capable to do. Everything was a blur to me, the room...
5.3K 267 14
I felt his hand as it gently pushed the strands of hair that were blocking his view of my face, behind my shoulder. The action caused his fingers to...