Zay & Nique๐Ÿฆ‹๐Ÿ–ค

By slut4bk

๐—ญ๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—น๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ถ & ๐—ก๐—ถ๐—พ๐˜‚๐—ฒ'๐˜€ ๐—ฆ๐˜๐—ผ๐—ฟ๐˜†๐Ÿณ๏ธโ€๐ŸŒˆ. Started: Dec. 12th 2021 In progress <3 More

Characters <3.
2 <3
3 <3
4 <3
5 <3
6 <3
7 <3
8 <3
9 <3
10 <3
11 <3
12 <3
13 <3
14 <3
15 <3
16 <3
17 <3
18 <3
19 <3
20 <3
21 <3
22 <3
23 <3
24 <3
25 <3
26 <3
27 <3
28 <3
29 <3

1 <3

8.2K 157 53
By slut4bk

Nique's POV
Ever since I met Zaylani, she's been stuck in my head. I've wanted to call her since I got her number but I always chicken out right before I actually do. We spoke a bit at her graduation but nothing too serious.

Today's the day though. It's been like a week but..imma call her. I grab my phone and find her contact.

I stared at that phone icon for like five minutes straight. My finger hovers over it but I can't bring myself to press it. I fling my phone on the couch and run my fingers through my hair.

Ain't nobody ever made me this nervous before.

Not even my fuck ass ex.

Zaylani's POV
I'm currently at Kierra's house on her couch paying no  attention to the movie on tv and staring down at my phone, waiting for a call from Nique. I've been doing it for the past week actually. I been checking to see if my phone was on DnD but it never was. I guess she ain't interested no more. Or she never was.

"Why you look so sad?" Kierra asks, coming out from her room.

"Oh-" I put my phone down beside me. "No reason."

Kierra looks down at my phone then back at me.

"Ohhh..wait-she ain't call you yet?"

I shook my head no.

"The hell..give me your phone." Kierra speaks. She sounds quite irritated and I quickly put it behind my back.

"Nah. Leave it alone it's fine." I say.

"It's not fine if you're hurt. Gimme the phone" She says again.

I ignored her and turned the my attention to the tv. Kierra smacked her teeth and sat next to me.

"Fuck her." She says and I laugh.

Two Days Later>>

I still never received a call. Enough of that though. Fuck her.

Me, Kierra, Dani and apparently Miss Nique are going to Ihop. I'm riding with Kierra and Dani is taking Nique.

It's about an hour till Kierra was supposed to come pick me up so I get up to do my hygiene before getting dressed. I decide to wear a black long sleeve crop top with a design on it & low waisted jeans.

I sat on the couch until Kierra finally came to get me.

"Hii!" I greet Kierra as I get in her car.

"Heyy gorgeous!" She replies as she pulls off.

"Wachu been doin?" I ask mischievously, she was 15 minutes late and that don't ever happen.

She immediately starts fidgeting and tapping the steering wheel.

"Uh-" Kierra stutters.

I laugh. She's so obvious.

"You was fucking wasn't you girl." I say in between laughs.

She puts a hand up in surrender and bites her lip.

"You got me." We both start laughing.

Her & Danielle fuck like rabbits.

"Anyways," Kierra spoke, "you ready to see miss Nique?"

"Girl fuck her f'real. She's weird." I responded with a shrug. 

I know deep down I still want that call but that's for me to know.

"On me she is." Kierra agrees.

The rest of the ride we sat in comfortable silence listening to music.

We arrive o IHOP and Nique and Dani were somehow there already,  sitting in a booth and waving us over.

They were sitting across from each other meaning I would have to sit next to Nique.

That's aight though, I'd rather this than having to look directly at her. We all greet each other and I sit next to her with no issue.

"So how y'all been?" Dani asked me and Nique.

"I been good. Jus chillin. How y'all been?" I reply with a shrug.

Ain't no fuckin 'we.'

"I said y'all not you." Dani jokes and I curl my lips downwards.

A/N: Y'all know what I mean.

"Mmm..y'all meaninggg.." I inquire.

"You and Nique??" She says in a "duh" tone.      

I swear she's slow. Kierra just shakes her head.

"Right...like I said, I've been good." I reply.

Dani gives Nique a look and I could see her shrink into her side of the booth from the corner of my eye.

"Wha-nigga ouch!" Dani started, cussing when Kierra pinches her under the table.

"Anyways..we've been great Zay." Kierra says with an innocent smile.

I chuckle, shaking my head.

Just then, a waitress came to take our orders. She was a stud, and a fine one at that. She sizes me up before looking at everyone else.

Clearly Nique saw that because she immediately got out of her slouched position.

Girl bye..slouch back down.

"Wassup y'all I'm Tamiya and I'll be your server for today." The girl I now know as Tamiya greets us.

We all greet her in response.

Well, all minus Nique. 

Mad ass.

"Are y'all ready to order or do you guys need some more time?" Tamiya asks, looking at all of us.

Her gaze on me lingered for a little longer.

We all nod, everyone but Nique again obviously, and place our orders.

Kierra and I ordered French toast and Dani and Nique ordered pancakes.

"And to drink?" She proceeded.

"Uhh, I'll have chocolate milk." I say and she chuckles.

"That's cute. How about you guys?" She asks, writing in her little notepad.

"We'll both take apple juice." Dani says, gesturing between her and Kierra.

"Oookay, and you?" She saus, writing again before looking over at Nique who was still glaring at her.

"I'll have orange juice." Nique says in a monotonous tone.

Tamiyah seemed surprised at her tone but plastered a smile back on her face and spoke warmly,

"Okay, sounds great. I'll be back with your food in about 15-20 minutes," before walking away, writing on her notepad again.

I look at Kierra and she makes a face that reads "yikes."

I stifle my laugh and act as if the setup of the Ihop was suddenly the most interesting thing I'd seen, looking around.

The awkward silence is intense.

"So uh-what y'all been doin?" Dani asks, trying to clear the atmosphere.

That inquiry was more of a general statement so I let Nique answer.

"Nothing really to be honest. I've been chilling." She says.

Kierra looks at me and I only shrug. 

I don't know why Nique looking over here as if she doesn't know the situation, but all I can do is smile.

I'm not even gonna be petty, I was going to, but in retrospect, it's really not worth it. At the end of the day, she's not obligated to speak to me.

"Umm..are y'all good?" Dani asked, looking between Kierra and I.

I nod with a smile and Kierra just examines her nails.

"So..what's the issue?" she presses on.

Denielle needs to learn when to stop asking questions.

"There's no issue girl..you're dragging it." I finally respond.

It's evident in my voice that I was getting irritated.

"Clearly there is." She responds with a tone in her voice.

Girl...

This is not going to work. I'm a real sucker for peaceful mornings and this isn't giving that. At all.

I sigh and call the waitress over.

"Can I cancel my order?" I said when she arrives at our table and she looks a little disappointed, but nods.

"Wh-" Kierra starts and I just shook my head at her.

She gives me an understanding look and stayed quiet.

"Uh yea..just yours?" She asksand I nod.

"Okay then, I'll go let them know."

I smile.

"Thank you." I said.

"Maybe another time?" Tamiya asks, in reference to me coming back to the restaurant.

I shrug.

"Maybe."

She nods with a smile before heading to the back where the kitchen was located.

I stand and grab my phone from the table.

 "Enjoy your meal guys." I say genuinely.

"You really that upset?" Dani asks, still deciding to press on for whatever reason,  "I don't even know what's going on between y'all."

Kierra looks at her crazy, clearly trying to get her to shut up.

Why is Danielle so adamant? I don't know.

"It's not a matter of being upset, it's a matter of keeping my peace." I say, "and I promise you, there is nothing going on between us."

With that, I wave.

"Bye y'all!" I say before walking out the restaurant.

I sit on a bench outside the building before calling up an Uber. The app said the wait should be about 7-10 minutes.

Just then, the door to the IHOP opened, revealing Nique.

Take your ass back inside. 

I ignore her and got on my phone but let out an exasperated sigh when she sat next to me.

"Zaylani." She calls,

"Yes Nique?" I reply, the tone of my voice making it clear that I don't want to speak to her,

"I'm sorry I didn't call you..I was nervous." She admits quietly and I roll my eyes.

"Please give me a break. It was a week." I say, still looking at my phone. I haven't  looked at her once since she sat.

"Zaylani look at me." She says with a newfound dominance in her voice.

I'm not gon lie and say it didn't make me feel some..things.

I finally oblige and look at her with an expression that let her know to make it quick.

"I know you're mad but..just one more chance?" Nique pleads.

She seems genuine so I reluctantly agree.

"Fine I guess. One more chance." I respond, trying hard to keep myself from smiling.

She perks up.

"Soo..you'll come back inside?" She asks. I could tell by the tone in her voice that she knew she was pushing her luck.

I immediately shook my head no.

"Oh nah. Your friend irked my nerves back there. I know she didn't mean any harm but I'm just not up for arguing nor interrogation today." I say, "And like I mentioned before, I like peace."

Nique nods and just then, my Uber pulled up along with a notification letting me know of its arrival.

I stand up and so does Nique.

"Bye girl." I wave.

"Bye ma." She responds and just looks at me with a goofy smile on her face.

I give her a puzzled look.

She quickly kisses my cheek and let out a small, "bye!" before jogging back into the restaurant, barely leaving time for me to comprehend what just happened.

She's adorable.

I shake my head, now with the same goofy smile Nique had on my face as I headed to my Uber.

Truth is, I'm glad she followed me out. I'm still a little hesitant but..we'll see what happens.

I love all of you <3.

Edited: February 18th, 2022.

Re-edited 4/8/23

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

233K 2.2K 6
The writing does get better.
615K 21.7K 34
๐‘– ๐‘๐‘’๐‘ก ๐‘–๐‘“ ๐‘– ๐‘”๐‘–๐‘ฃ๐‘’ ๐‘Ž๐‘™๐‘™ ๐‘š๐‘ฆ ๐‘™๐‘œ๐‘ฃ๐‘–๐‘›๐‘” ๐‘›๐‘œ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘–๐‘›๐‘”๐‘  ๐‘”๐‘œ๐‘›๐‘›๐‘Ž ๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘Ž๐‘Ÿ ๐‘ข๐‘  ๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘Ž๐‘Ÿ๐‘ก ๐‘—๐‘ข๐‘ ๐‘ก ๐‘Ÿ๐‘’๐‘Ž๐‘‘...
66.3K 2.2K 91
Just read you won't regret it...
5.4K 128 8
taylor x fem!reader ๐Ÿ’Œ๐Ÿ’Œ - ||*. ๐Ÿซถ๐Ÿซถ