26 <3

Previously

We all sit on the couch and I explain everything that happened. They were both as shocked and angry as I was, immediately prompting them to understand why I took some time to myself.

The two of them made sure I knew they'd be here with me through thick and thin, making sure I was okay during every step of my journey.

I can't lie, tears were shed. Happy tears of course, knowing that the universe blessed me with such amazing friends.

But also, a hint of sadness because in all honesty, I still wish Nique could still be a part of my journey. She's helped me so much as is and I'll never forget that, regardless of where life takes us. But maybe..just maybe, she could join me later on.

I sigh after my conversation with Danielle and Kierra.

"I love you guys." I say to the both of them.

"And we love you more." Kierra says.

"For life, girl. We're here for you always." Danielle chimes in.

"Ugh." I groan, burying my face in my hands as I feel tears start stinging my eyes again.

The both of them laugh, teasing me and pulling me into a warm and loving group hug.

My babies.

What would I do without them?

Zaylani's POV

About 2 years later. Junior year.

I'm walking out of the tattoo shop feeling like a brand new fuckin person as I call Kierra.

"Hello?" She answers.

"Girlaaaaa, it's finally finished!!" I exclaim excitedly and Kierra gasps.

"Your sleeve??" She asks.

"Yesssss omg, I love it so much!" I say, looking down at my left arm with a huge smile.

"Girl show us!" I hear Danielle call out in the background, causing me and Kierra to laugh.

"Nah, for real though. All that chatting, bitch we want visuals!!' Kierra chimes in.

We all laugh.

"Imma make this a FaceTime, hold on." I say.

"Bet." Kierra responds.

After a few taps on my phone, I convert our call to a FaceTime.

"Can you see me?" I ask, looking at Kierra at the top of the screen.

Before she can answer, Danielle pops into the screen and sits on her lap.

"Yes we can see you!" She exclaims with a playful smile, prompting me to chuckle.

"Girl get your big ass-" Kierra starts but Danielle cuts her off.

"Let's see it girl!" She says.

Kierra flicks Danielle's ear and she looks back at her like she's crazy.

"Do that shit again and-" Danielle starts, but Kierra returns the favor in cutting her off.

"Yeah, let's see it!" She smiles.

"Yoo, y'all are kidsss!" I say in between laughs, "but here it issss."

I pan the camera down my arm, showing off the tat.

"Yessssss!!!!" The couple exclaim at the same time.

I pose in the camera, holding my middle finger up and sticking my tongue out.