Discover Love

Par Doodlly

Amelia was working in her dream job. Good job, good pay, and good boss! Then, something changes and life take... Plus

Hello Everyone!
New Beginning?
Busy First Week
Working Weekend
Bon Appétit
Purple Lounge
Workaholic Week
Intruding Intruders
Birthday Plan
Brian Busted
Penthouse
Thank You
Regina Peterson
Revenge?
Miss Me?
Chinese Delegates
Conference Venue
Devious Plan
Goof Up
Conference Saga
Return Trip
Deal
Contract
Confused Mind
Stubborn One
Convince Me
Convince Me Harder
Lost
Final Decision
Questions & Answers
Terms & Conditions
Friends & Family
CIA
Welcome Home
Engagement Ring
Travel Plan
Welcome to Family
Announcement
Golden Jubilee
Deadly Doubts
Wait
Family Trip
A Night to Remember
Proposal
Happily Ever After

Incoming Conference

7.7K 281 8
Par Doodlly

We reached the office soon. The email confirmation from Lui-Changpu was already in my inbox. I felt sleepy as the heavy junk food was being processed. I wanted to take a quick nap. Yawning, I opened the email:

From: Hou, Vincent <vincent.hou<a>lui-changpu.com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 1, 2020 3:25 PM
To: Holden, Alexander <alexander.holden<a>holdenenterprises.com
>
Cc: Wilson, Amelia <amelia.wilson<a>holdenenterprises.com
>

Subject: Confirmation: Annual Investor Conference

Dear Mr. Holden,

As discussed during the meeting, we would like to confirm your presence at our Annual Investor Conference in Seattle.

Kindly respond and confirm that it will be Mr. Holden plus one who will attend the conference. Please also confirm the accommodation if it should be twin or double occupancy.

The attachment contains the program structure in detail.

Best,

Vincent Hou | Personal Assistant
Lui-Changpu  Group 
of Companies; 93 Jianguo Road, Beijing, China, 100022
Cell: +86-010-8558 8479 | vincent.hou<a>lui-changpu.com
Mission Statement: We serve our Clients, our Stakeholders, and our Employees.

The words in the email felt like running ants, 'Annual Investor Conference in Seattle'.

Wait! What? Seattle!?

Suddenly all the sleepiness evaporated. I thought the conference is in San Francisco. I ran towards the office to let Mr. Grumpy know. I knocked on his door and waited for permission to enter. He was on a call and gestured me to sit down. Once his call was over, he went back to reading the documents.

"Ahem... Mr. Holden, I got an email from Mr. Hou, the personal assistant of Mr. Lui. It is about the confirmation about the conference" I started.

"Yup saw that" His answers are always short

"The conference is in Seattle!"

"I know" His voice was still calm.

"But-I thought it is here. I mean-" I assumed that he had no information where the conference is going to be.

"I know it's in Seattle and that was one reason why I was planning to skip." He stopped reading the document and looked at me "Since you were so eager to send me, I decided to pull you too." He smirked.

"But-" My shoulders slumped.

"But?" His brows raised.

"I don't know. Do you need me there?" 'Please say no!'

"Surely. Let this be a lesson for you to understand my cues" He smiled and went back to his documents.

"When will you leave?" I was curious to know about the travel details.

"We will leave together on Thursday afternoon and reach back by Saturday evening." He signed some documents. "Contact the Travel desk to book the flight tickets for us"

"And accommodation?" We have to stay somewhere, don't we?

"That is sponsored by Lui's company. Reply very clearly about accommodation. Language is a barrier sometimes." He shook his head.

"Okay, Mr. Holden." If we return by Saturday evening then this week is also a goner. I sighed. But maybe I'll learn something and the best thing is this is a fully sponsored trip. What else could I ask for?

I went back to my seat. The first task was to reply to the email and send the confirmation. But before that, I checked the program details. I clicked on the attachment and a PDF file opened.

=============================================

Welcome to Lui-Changpu Group of Companies

Annual Investor Conference July 2020

0830  --> Networking

0900 --> Inauguration and Welcome

0915 --> Address by Managing Director Mr. Yunzen Lui

1000  --> Introduction to Business Models

1030  --> Division to Business Model Conference Rooms

1300  --> Lunch

1500  --> Division to Business Model Conference Rooms

1700  --> Feedback & Conclusion

1730  --> Dispersal

1930  --> Dinner

=============================================

The day looks jam-packed. I printed a copy of the program schedule. The first task in my list was to send across the confirmation. Twin or double occupancy? I don't actually care but what I imagined a big bedroom room with an exquisite bathtub and complimentary fruit basket. Do they have Spas there? Alas! Only if I could skip the second half of the meeting. With many thoughts aligned in my head, I hit the reply button.

From: Wilson, Amelia <amelia.wilson<a>holdenenterprises.com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 1, 2020 3:25 PM
To: Hou, Vincent <vincent.hou<a>lui-changpu.com
>
Cc: 
Holden, Alexander <alexander.holden<a>holdenenterprises.com>

Subject: Re: Confirmation: Annual Investor Conference

Dear Mr. Hou,

We confirm our presence at the Annual Investor Conference in Seattle.

As mentioned, it will be Mr. Holden plus one who will attend the conference.

Also, request you to kindly arrange the accommodation though we are comfortable with either twin or double occupancy.

Thanks and Regards,

Amelia Wilson
Personal Assistant to Mr. Alexander 
Holden

C: +1 (415) 707-8347
W: www.holdenenterprises.com
A: Holden Enterprises; Mission Street; San Francisco 94105

To provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere.

NOTICE: This e-mail (and any attachments) may be confidential and proprietary. It is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and any use or disclosure by others is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient(s), please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete all copies of this e-mail (and any attachments).

Re-reading the email, I clicked on the Send button. There! Loud and clear. With the first task done, I called the internal travel desk.

"Good Evening. Travel desk, Holden Enterprises." The operator picked up the call

"Hi, this is Amelia Wilson. Secretary to Mr. Alexander Holden."

"Yes, Ma'am. How may I help you?"

"I need to book two return tickets to Seattle. One for Mr. Holden and one for me. The inward journey is tomorrow afternoon and the return is post-Saturday afternoon"

"Sure. We already have details of Mr. Holden. Please send across yours in an email."

"I will." I made a note to send my details.

"Are both travelers in first class?" He asked. I was doubtful. I can't book mine in the first class. That would be too costly. Even if the company is sponsoring the travel, I cannot take advantage, isn't it?

"Err... Please book mine in the economy class. Mr. Holden will be in First class, of course!"

"Noted. Shall I book the accommodation as well?"

"Not needed. It is taken care of."

"Sure, Ms. Wilson. Any other pointers?"

"No. That would do. Thanks again" I hung up the call. I quickly shared my ID details in the email. All done. This means tomorrow I am flying to Seattle and will be back by Saturday evening. This is the first time in the capacity of Personal Assistant that I will travel to any conference.

As five pm inched closer, there was still no confirmation from the Travel Desk. I packed up my things and knocked on the door to notify Mr. Grumpy.

"Mr. Holden, there is no confirmation from the Travel desk yet." I updated him about the Travel desk communication and email confirmation to Lui-Changpu Group of Companies.

"Be at the airport by two in the afternoon. We'll board the plane together." He nodded and continued to flip the pages in the folder.

"Okay, Mr. Holden. I'm leaving for the day. Goodbye!" As I moved out of his office I was planning about things to pack.

I reached home and packed up a small suitcase. This was supposed to be a formal event so in goes a couple a formal wears, my nightdress and toiletries. Do I need any evening wear? I couldn't ask all this to Mr. Grumpy and he never will tell me any of such details anyways. I pulled out the program schedule and found a Dinner event. Am I required for dinner? Better safe than sorry, isn't it? I decided to pack my green full-length dress. Who knows what's in store?

As I packed my suitcase, I wondered who packs his? I wondered whether he is still in office? When does he leave from office anyways? He is usually in office when I reach and continues to work even after I leave. He works so hard that he completely deserves to be in this position. Why doesn't he take a break sometimes?

But then, wasn't he on break for about one-and-a-half week? Personal Emergency as Mr. Lui's PA said. I guess he does take break whenever he wants to.

After all, he makes the rules!

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

6K 211 22
Working for a rich family like the Thompson's, knowing that she was just like them once was hard for Amelia. The fact that she now had nothing left a...
1.6M 47.1K 46
"The way you behave...behave around me, with me it's highly inappropriate. I don't want you think I'll be your little assistant that you fuck on top...
38.1K 1.7K 42
After a messy breakup Amelia decided to move to France along with her parents,with a lesson that never fall in love again but her parents decided to...
1.4M 40.9K 44
Clara Bowen has had a troubled life. Her family, being very religous, has entrapped her into a life hidden from the real world. Now Clara is given th...