Marham Dard Par

By DMGThings

What if Mishti knew why Abir broke up with her? What if Abir told her the entire truth? What if he spoke to h... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Some Unapologetic Thoughts
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine

Chapter Twenty Two

1.2K 108 38
By DMGThings

Parul was in her room, making her bed for the night. Dinner had just gotten over at the Rajvansh Villa, and after everyone had gone to their rooms, she had instructed Jugnu to clean up before retiring for the night as well.

As she spread fresh, crisp linens on her bed, she contemplated everything that had happened at dinner. As always, Bapuji had been cracking jokes, getting everyone to laugh. Ketu was regaling everyone with stories about what Atul was upto as Nidhi listened with a proud smile. But, Ben Baa's eyes had been continuously stuck on Abir as he ate his dinner quietly, not participating in the discussion. He seemed to be in deep thought, as if he was physically there but mentally in some other world.

That was now a regular occurrence for them, and so no one else thought twice about it. But Parul, who knew the entire truth, wanted nothing more than to go to him and speak with him, ask him to tell her what was troubling him so much. Earlier, she would have done exactly that, but since the fateful day, almost 3 months ago, when Abir had broken up with Mishti, she knew she'd lost all rights to do that.

So, she was surprised to see her door so late at night. "Masi, aap free hain?" He asked.

In the months since he'd broken up with Mishti, this was the first time that Abir was voluntarily talking to her. Their interaction since the day had been limited to Abir giving one word answers to anything she asked him and nothing beyond that. It hurt her because before everything, Abir and her had shared a beautiful relationship, almost akin to a mother and son. When he called her Masi, he meant it. It wasn't just a moniker he addressed her with because his mother told him to. He called her Masi from his heart, because for him, that's who she was.

Parul had without a doubt gotten the most affection from Abir. He'd always had an abundance of hugs for her. He'd appreciate every little thing she did for him. He even reprimanded Kunal when he got rude with her. The love Abir had showered on her, in little and big ways, could not be replicated by anyone else, not even her own son. Yet, when it was time to choose between Abir's happiness and her son's, the mother in Parul hadn't been able to stop from doing the right thing. She'd chosen her son, with no regard for how leaving Mishti would break Abir.

In the months that followed, she'd become a silent spectator to Abir's heartbreak. She'd seen him struggle every single day, and had chosen to stay quiet because staying quiet meant her son would have what he wanted. The guilt threatened to swallow her whole, but Parul stood her ground, and watched the son of her heart crumble each day, only to keep the son of her blood happy.

With everything, she couldn't deny Abir his anger at her silence, yet it hurt to not be on the receiving end of his affection anymore. The hugs were gone, so was the mindless chatter, as was any appreciation. Mishti took with her, the Abir Parul had always known and loved. Parul lived for any crumbs of affection Abir deemed to throw her way, and having him come up to her of his own volition to speak to her was the most affectionate thing he had done for her in 3 months. She wanted to run to him and give him a hug, but controlled herself, knowing it wouldn't be appreciated anymore.

So, she settled for, "Haan, Abir. Bolo? Kya baat hai?"

She could hear the eagerness in her own voice, but who could blame her? It had been so long since she'd spoken to him. And, he'd sought her out today. Maybe, things were looking up. Finally.

"Nanko ke baare mein aapse kuch baat karni thi," Abir told her hesitatingly.

It had taken a while, but Abir had finally come to the conclusion that Mishti was right and that Kunal should know the truth about his parents. He deserved to know more than anyone else did, and none of them had the right to play God with his life, deciding whether or not he should know such important details about his own lineage.

It had been difficult for him, knowing that telling Kunal the truth might change everything between them, but it was a risk he had to take. For his Nanko. Since the day he'd found out, he'd been so scared of Kunal finding out the truth, but that was because he found himself alone, pushed into a corner, unable to think. Now, he had Mishti. She was there, every step of the way, helping him and supporting him. With her by his side, Abir felt like he could do everything. He most definitely could look after his brother and be there for him the way Kunal needed.

"Kunal ke baare mein? Kya?" Parul asked. "Woh theek toh haina? Uska aur Kuhu ka phir se koi jhagda toh nahi hua na?"

"Kunal theek hai, Masi," he replied, allowing himself a small smile. Masi really did love Kunal so much.

"Toh phir?" She wondered, confused.

Abir knew he had to be tactical in his approach. If he came outright and said it, Masi would shut him down straight away.

"Masi, aap baithiye," he instructed, making her sit on the bed and then sitting beside her.

"Pichle kuch dinon se main soch raha hoon," he started. "Inn do - teen mahino mein Nanko bohot bada ho gaya hai, nahi? Usme kitna theraav aa gaya hai. Ab woh pehle ki tarah bina soche samjhe koi faisla nahi leta. Kuhu ko bhi woh sachche dil se accept karne ki koshish kar raha hai."

Parul smiled widely at that. "Haan, Abir. Kunal sach mein bohot badal gaya hai. Aur achche ke liye. Inn kuch mahino ne hum sabko badal diya. Lekin Kunal mein jo badlaav aaya hai, woh dekhke mujhe bohot khushi hoti hai."

"Main jaanta hoon. Usse dekhke mujhe bhi bohot achcha lagta hai, Masi," Abir replied.

"Usse khush karne ke liye tumhe bohot kuch qurbaan karna pada na, Abir? Mujhe maaf kardo," she said, folding her hands in front of Abir. Belatedly, Parul was coming to realize that she hadn't ever apologized to Abir properly for everything.

"Masi, yeh aap kya kar rahi hain?" He immediately took her hands in his own, pulling them apart. "Aapko aise haath jodne ki zaroorat nahi hai. Please."

"Nahi, Abir. Main tumhaari gunehgaar hoon. Kunal ke moh mein aake maine tumhaara saath chod diya," she insisted.

"Aap ab mera saath dengi, Masi?" He asked her. "Pichle kuch mahino mein jo hua, woh sab bhool ke, nayi shuruat karne mein?"

"Kaisi shuruat?" She questioned.

"Masi, humein Nanko ko sach bata dena chahiye," Abir stated.

Parul immediately stood up from her place on the bed. "Nahi, Abir! Yeh tum kya keh rahe ho?"

"Main sahi keh raha hoon, Masi. Kunal ko sach bata dena chahiye. Usse haq hai jaan'ne ka," he insisted.

"Jo sach maine 25 saalon se chupakar rakha hai, jiske liye maine apni saari zindagi daav pe laga di... tum chaahte ho main Kunal ko woh sach bata doon? Jis sach se itne saalon tak usse door rakha?" Parul asked. "Tum aisa soch bhi kaise sakte ho, Abir!"

"Masi... main samajhta hoon ki yeh aapke liye aasaan nahi hai. Lekin kya aapko nahi lagta ki Kunal ko pata hona chahiye ki aap uski maa hain?" Abir asked.

"Woh Ben Baa ka beta banke khush hai, Abir. Aur main uski khushi se zyada aur kuch nahi chaahti," she replied. "Main Kunal ko kuch nahi bataungi."

"Masi, aap samajhti kyu nahi hai? Ab yeh baat sirf aapke aur Maa ke beech nahi rahi. Main bhi jaanta hoon. Aur main Kunal se nahi chupa sakta! Usse aur jhooth nahi bol sakta main," he explained. "Jab Baba ka sach saamne aaya tha, main toot gaya tha, Masi. Lekin Baba ne jo dhoka diya, usse kahi zyada takleef mujhe iss baat ki hui ki aap sab sach jaante the, lekin kisi ne mujhse sach batana ki zaroorat nahi samjhi. Bachpan se mere mann mein Baba ke liye bohot izzat thi. Hamesha se maine unki tarah ban'ne ki koshish ki. Aap sab jaante the, lekin aap mein se kisine kabhi mujhe sach nahi bataya. Aur aaj bhi, mujhe yeh baat, Baba ke jhooth se zyada dard deti hai, Masi. Main nahi chaahta ki aaj jahaan main khada hoon, kal Kunal ho."

"Main maanti hoon ki shayad humein uss insaan ki sachayi tumhe pehle bata deni chahiye thi. Lekin iska yeh matlab nahi hai ki humein Kunal ko kuch bhi batane ki zaroorat hai, Abir," she said.

"Masi, please..." Abir begged.

"Nahi, Abir! Dekho, main jaanti hoon ki jo 3 mahine pehle hua woh nahi hona chahiye tha. Ben Baa ko kabhi tumhe yeh dhamki nahi deni chahiye thi ki agar tumne Mishti ko nahi choda, toh woh Kunal ko bata dengi ki woh unka nahi mera beta hai. Tumhaare saath bohot galat hua hai. Main jaanti hoon. Lekin, tum jo karna chaahte ho, woh Kunal ke liye galat hai. Woh kabhi bardaasht nahi kar paayega ki Ben Baa uski maa nahi hai. Aur jab usse yeh pata chalega ki main uski maa hoon? Nahi, Abir! Yeh baat usse kabhi nahi pata chal sakti. Bas!" Parul replied resolutely.

Before Abir could say anything, she added, "Abir, iss baare mein mujhe tumse koi baat nahi karni. Main tumhaare aage haath jodti hoon. Kunal se kuch mat kehna."

Abir sighed. He hated that he understood where Masi was coming from. She'd buried the secret deep within herself. For years, no one had uttered a single word about it. She'd sacrificed everything to keep that secret, even made peace with the fact that her son thought of her as disposable and didn't love her or respect her as he should. Telling the son who, till recently, worshipped another woman who he thought was his mother, that that woman who was his everything wasn't his mother, but she was - her, who he had never really cared for - was daunting and seemed impossible. He couldn't guarantee that in her place, he wouldn't do the same thing she was.

He knew that this would make things difficult, but he would have to respect Masi's decision. It would hurt him to keep such a big secret from Kunal. He was barely hanging on to the seams as it is, and was afraid he wouldn't be able to hold on much longer, but for her, he would have to. He didn't have any other option, did he?

Defeated, he turned around for one last look. Masi was sitting at the small mandir in her room and praying. Yeah, he didn't think she'd agree. Dejected, he walked out of the room, only to be greeted with a sight that would haunt him forever.

______________________________________________

So, here it is! Hope y'all like it. 

YRHPK is back today, and let me tell you, I'm in love! The first episode was a r t. I hope they keep this up for the entire track! 

Leave comments to let me know how you found this one! Some heavy emotions in the next one, so be prepped, okay?

My exams have been cancelled, but I do have a couple research reports to finish, and the HOD has hinted they might start college soon, so no guarantee for quick updates still, but hopefully, there will be some. :)

Love, Prags

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41K 2.9K 92
The story is about the bond of Karishma and haseena. Their love for nation, families, and their friendship
286K 21.6K 100
Despite being completely different from each other, the love they hide has no bounds which makes them go any limits for each other. Story of two b...
528K 53.4K 127
This is a series of OS, on different events. Some imaginary and some related to real incident. Hope u will enjoy it :)
247K 21.1K 87
The story featuring our beloved on-screen pair, the two super cops of Lucknow women police station Haseena Malik and Karishma Singh.