The Summer I Turned Pretty...

Bởi eclipse0401

Best ranking #1 on summer I turned pretty #1on to all the boys #1 on Susannah #1 on summerstory #2 on Jenny H... Xem Thêm

chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
Chapter 13
chapter 14
Chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 20
Chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
Acknowledgements
Dream Cast
Other works
Username change!
Bonus Chapter 1 (10K special!)
Bonus Chapter 2 (you don't wanna miss it)
I Need Your Help!

chapter 19

5.2K 50 88
Bởi eclipse0401

Author's note: go grab some popcorn because you're in for a ride and don't forget to look out for POV changes. (There are many) Enjoy:)
_______________________________________

Belly! Where the hell did you put my deodorant?",Steven yelled.

"If you would just bother checking the compartment above your head then you would've found it idiot!",I yelled back from my room.

So...the day has finally arrived. Today was Christmas Eve and it was going to be incredibly magical because Jere was going to get engaged. The house was all set. Christmas decorations lined the hallways and tables filled the living rooms. The engagement was going to be held at the porch because the living room had to be set as a dining area for the large but small family present.

"You and Steven never stop bickering",Taylor chuckled. Of course Taylor was here for Jeremiah's engagement. She was our uninvited but invited guest. Taylor was still the Taylor I'd grown up with. Even though I and Con were married he was still not allowed in the room while we got ready for the engagement.

"They express their love in unknown formats",Sherely chuckled. I ,Shere and Taylor were getting ready together in my room. Well,mine and Con's but still.

"I don't think we can stop",I smiled.

"It's kinda cute though",Taylor nodded.

"It is ?"

"Come on Taylor just let me see Belly",Con pleaded like a child.

"Mr. Conrad Fisher you're married and you still can't get enough of her?",Taylor argued. "Why can't you just stay without her for fifteen minutes.

"No I can't get enough of her",Con declared and I could practically see him folding his hands and frowning like a child.

Taylor opened the door just enough for her to poke her head out."Just stay out of it. Jesus Conrad, I'm not gonna kidnap her. We're only gonna take fifteen minutes."

"First, no you've already been inside for an hour. And two,I don't trust you."

"Stop being a child!",Taylor whisper yelled.

"Fine!",Conrad said and stomped away."Just tell her I love her and don't put too much of makeup on her. She's already beautiful",he yelled from Jere and Steven's room I think.

I chuckled, blushed and yelled,"I love you too!"

"Tell Taylor to let me in",he screamed through the walls.

I laughed and yelled,"Wait for it!"

Taylor walked behind me and stared at me through the mirror. "You look beautiful."

"I feel like a bride."

"That's one of my specialities."

"I feel out shown",Shere pouted and then laughed.

There was another knock on the door and Taylor was practically ready to hold Con's ear and get him out of our room.

"I swear, if you talk about coming inside one more time then you'll pray God has mercy on you",Taylor said angrily under her breath loud enough for us to hear.

She opened the door to find my mom smiling at her. "Hello Taylor",she said. "Could I come in?"

"Of course Laur."

"I guess you were expecting someone?",she asked sweetly.

"Yes. Conrad. He kept nagging us about coming in. I told him to get out but he can't stay away from his dearly dear wife for fifteen minutes",Taylor mocked.

"Yes I heard that and that's why I'm hear. Will you just stop being kids? You're not the only ones here. There's Sherely's parents as well and the guests can arrive anytime, not to mention the workers."

"I know we're sorry",I said for all of us.

"It's okay",she said. "Just keep it under control. Don't yell I love you's atleast",she said to me and I looked down and blushed.

"And I think you should let the poor guy come in before he breaks the door",she chuckled. I smiled and Taylor rolled her eyes playfully while Shere muttered 'aww.'

"Oh and you girls look beautiful",she said exiting the room.

I was wearing a long white gown with pastel flowers all over it and a beautiful elegant neckline. I smiled at my reflection which had perfectly light curled hair and a simple white brunette on the top corner of my head. Taylor had done some beautiful natural makeup with a little pink blush showing. I hadn't shown Con this dress and he'd agreed to not see it. I wanted it to be a surprise.

"I think I'll just let him in",Taylor finally agreed.

"Okay. You can stay though."

"Ew no."

"I'm gonna go find Jere",Shere said as she got up from her chair.

I chuckled and hid behind the door, ensuring that my gown doesn't get stuck in the hinges of the door.

I saw someone push the door open who in Conrad's voice said,"Finally I get to see you." I jumped out of my hiding spot and "Boo!" Conrad stumble slightly almost falling and I caught him by his arm to hold his balance. Ah so much of cliché.

"Watch it there",I chuckled bringing him back to his senses. He shook his head with a big smile on his face and caught me staring at him. He wore a simple black suit with a black tie with his hair gently spiked and black dress shoes. Simple but so good. I was always caught off guard with Conrad's ability to rock something so simple.

I moved my eyes to his face and saw that he was staring back at me. "You-look-stunning",he said holding me by my waist and I hooked my arms around his neck. "You don't look so bad yourself",I said smiling. He tapped my nose and said,"This reminds me of our wedding."

"I know right",I said not breaking eye contact with him.

"Will you just kiss her already?",a voice said from the doorway. Taylor.

"Get out Taylor",I laughed moving towards the door to close it on her face. I heard her laugh and Conrad pulled me by my arm chuckling, bringing me back in his arms.

"Hm, I think she was spying",he said with a sweet smile.

"Yes. She has a bad habit of being a peeping tom",I smiled back.

"Well I'm glad the door is closed now."

"And why is that so?"

"Because I don't want her to hear our conversation",he said simply, tugging a strand of my of my hair behind my ear.

"Will you just kiss me already?",I mocked Taylor and playfully swat him on his side of arm.

"Will Taylor kill me if I messed up your hair?",he said softly.

"Yes, but I can live with that",I said going on my tip-toes and kissing him softly. I could feel the smile on his lips as our lips came in contact.I moved my hand to his hair and he did the same,twirling the soft curls of my hair. I let out a soft moan and Con swallowed it with a soft smile and letting out one by himself.

He dipped his knees a bit to bring me back to my feet and pulled me closer to him. He lift me up by one arm, hooking it under my hips and the other holding my face. I let out a small laugh breaking our kiss but still staring at him intently. He gave me one of his million dollar smiles and made me happy to my fullest.

He placed me on my vanity, slightly lifting my dress to my knees to step closer to me. He kissed me again,bringing our tongues in now, touching my bottom lip. I moved my hands from his chest to his shoulder hugging him tightly to me. "God you look so beautiful",he whispered. I smiled and said,"I love you."

"I love you too",he said bringing his kisses to my jaw.

"Don't forget to touch up some lipstick before you come down Belly",Taylor said a little to loudly from outside the door.

"Get the hell away from here Taylor before I say something I'll regret",Con said sounding a little irritated.

I laughed and gave him one last kiss, touching our foreheads to catch some breath. I smiled against his lips causing his to smile back. "I hate your best friend to a different level now",he said softly.

I laughed and said,"You can never hate her to the level Steven does."

"I guess you're right."

I smiled at him and gave him a tight hug. He stroked my back hanging around the tips of my hair. "I love your hair",he said.

"Hm",I replied.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing." This guy always knew when something was wrong with me.

"Come on Belly",he said slightly pulling away from the hug.

I grabbed him again and held him tightly. "Hey, what ever it is it'll be okay",he said twirling my hair.

"I just hope everything goes okay today. I don't want something to go wrong. Jere deserves a happy life."

"Nothing will go wrong Bells. He's been through so much,we've been through so much. Nothing is left to go wrong right now."

"Do you think Shere knows about that fight you guys had?",I asked nervously.

I felt his muscles tense but he finally said,"I dunno baby, but it's not our position to tell her. I just know Jere should've told her and I think he probably has."

"She would've showed some signs towards me if she knew",I murmured softly.

"Why would she show signs against you?",Con asked pulling away from me and cupping my cheeks.

"Maybe because he said he loved me?",I said not meeting his eyes.

"Belly, listen to me. Obviously he loves you,everybody does. But I know he loves her and you know that too so it's okay. And Bells?"

"Yeah?"

"I love you, you know that."

"I know Con and I love you so so much but I still love him. He's my best friend. I at least care for him."

"I know. I except that. Do you think we should talk to him?"

"No. Not until the wedding at least. Because if he did tell her then it just looks wrong. I want him to be completely happy."

"Okay. Now let's go down." He gave me a finally kiss and lift me up to put me down. The whole world knew that Isabel Conrad Fisher could never jump in heels.

Conrad

I lift her up feeling her feather-light weight in my arms. I didn't want to let her go but I had to. She had no idea how beautiful she looked today. I did tell her but I don't think the messages sunk in well.

Her soft curls fell at he shoulders and her little barrette brought a sweet look to her face and her beautiful gown made her look so cute it took every ounce of self control for me to not hold her tight in my arms and kiss the shit out of her. I mean I already did yeah, but I didn't want to stop.

When she said she loved Jere I had no problem with that. I was surprised at myself for not even having a feeling of ripping his throat out. When I asked myself why I got the right answer. Because she was mine. This beautiful,selfless,kind and sweet girl was mine and no one else's. She was mine and mine only.

I moved my finger through her kiss-swollen lips and said,"I think you should apply some lipstick."

She gave me one of her prettiest smiles and turned around to her vanity. She opened up a drawer and dabbed some of her favorite strawberry lip gloss.

I put my hands around her waist and nuzzled my head in her hair like a child. She stopped applying her lip balm and smiled at my reflection in the mirror. She tilt her head towards me that I swear made me kiss her again. She's just so irresistible. I somehow controlled myself and put my finger under her chin and said,"Do not give me that look. It makes me want to kiss the shit out of you." She chuckled and applied some mascara and closed her drawers.

She started walking towards the door when I caught her arm. "What?",she asked a little confused. "Nothing",I said giving her swift kiss."I just wanted to taste some of that lip balm." I smiled dumbly and she laughed full on.

"What's so funny?",I asked.

"You silly",she said hooking her arm with mine. I used my other hand to smoothen her hair and we walked out.

Laur was siting in the living room with Sherely's parents when we came inside arm in arm. They just stared at us and finally gave us a big smile.

"What?",I asked now placing my hand on Belly's waist.

"You look amazing",Maria, Sherely's mom said.

"Together",her dad completed. I smiled at Belly and she smiled back at me testing my patience of kissing her.

"It takes everything in me to not go 'aww'",Merissa said. Belly blushed and I kept staring at her like an idiot. God she's so pretty!

"Do you need any help",Belly asked Laur.

"No honey, you can enjoy your evening. The others will be here soon",Laur replied with a smile nodding towards us.

"So where do you wanna go",I asked Belly as we reached the porch which was decorated with beautiful Christmas lights and a huge Christmas tree. It had so many ornaments. "I don't know, maybe we can go to the beach",she said.

"Okay but your dress?",I asked her.

"Honey I attended my wedding reception soaking wet, I think I can handle a bit of sand." Someone's being sassy, I likey." I know, I was being ridiculous but I couldn't help my thoughts,she was just driving me crazy.

She hooked my arm with her's and walked towards the beach. We were now very far from our house.

We were walking hand in hand, barefooted on a beautiful Christmas evening with the love of my life. What could possibly go wrong?

As if on cue we saw Steven and Taylor making out intensely a few feet away from us. They were so into the kiss that they didn't even notice us staring. Oh no! This was wrong. I looked over at Belly whose jaw was twitched and was staring intently with her palm clenched in a fist. This had happened before. When we were fourteen and it did not end good. I didn't want our evening to be spoiled because of stupid Steven who never gave a thought of what he's doing.

Belly pulled me by my arm and started moving back to the house. What? Wasn't she going to say something? "Bells? Aren't you gonna say something?",I asked awkwardly.

"I will but I don't want to spoil Jere's evening or rather anyone's, even mine. Jere deserves to have a good day."

She was so selfless that I couldn't help but be in awe with her. "You know you're the sweetest little angel I've ever met."

Belly

I couldn't shake the image of Steven and Taylor out of my head. Taylor knew very well that my brother was off limits. History was repeating itself and I had no intention of worsening it. I was going to march towards them and pull them away from their kiss and create a huge drama but I decided against it. I wanted to be calm and happy. I would just talk to Taylor after the engagement.

When we got back Sherely was sitting on Jere's lap on the love seat and all of Sherely's cousins were sitting together. I and Con found us seats beside each other and sat down.

"Looks like you guys got tattoos",Shauna said. Why does she open her mouth,I don't know!

"Yeah, we did",I smiled unwillingly.

"Please don't start again. Let's just enjoy today. Okay?",Daisy asked Shauna.

"Whatever",Shauna rolled her eyes and got up to go to the kitchen.

"I'll go start the fire",James said.

"I'll help",Con said and got up before giving me a small kiss on my head.

"You look cute together",Daisy said as she sat beside me.

"So I've heard",I said with a smile. "People say that these days."

"That's because people just get those I-know-they're-deeply-in-love vibes",she chuckled.

"Well,thank you Madame",I said .

"What did you get them",Daisy said pointing at the to be engaged couple.

"You'll see",I said smiling.

We were all standing near the beautifully lit Christmas tree when Jere got down on his knees and held Sherely's left hand.

He took a deep breath and said,"I know you expect me to say something so cheesy and romantic like I always do but trust me I have no clue what I'm gonna say." He chuckled nervously and Shere gave him a kind smile. "Well I haven't even written anything down because every time I tried my subconscious would make a mean comment about every line." We laughed softly. "So, honey I have no idea what I'm gonna say, I will let my anxious brain do it."

They smiled at each other and I caught Taylor's eye for the fourth time tonight. I had this feeling that she had seen us walking back and must've thought that we saw them kiss. But I didn't want her to know that. Yet. So I shot her the sweetest smile I could make and she sighed while smiling. She must've expected me to be mad when on the contrast I was happy.

"The day you came in my life I was broken and shattered but little did I know that you were the glue to all my broken pieces. It took me months to realize that I was in love with this goddess who I'd bumped into one day at a garden. All I'm saying is, I want to marry you Sherely. I love you with all my heart and soul and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. So will you marry me?"

Sherely had little tears in her eyes. It's not like she didn't know Jere was going to propose but the sweetness in this moment was powerful enough to make her cry. "Yes. I will marry you",Shere smiled at Jere.

He slipped a diamond ring into her finger and Shere did the same. "Good because I had no plans if you didn't",Jere joked and I knew that the weight on his shoulders had finally been lift.

The rest of the night included the Christmas Eve dinner. Con kept staring glances at me and I kept pinching his hand trying to bring him to his senses. As much as I loved Conrad looking at me I felt awkward staying in between all these adults.

"Ahm",Mr.Fisher cleared his throat. "I think I'm gonna start with the round of presents. Jere and Sherely, I have something for you." He took out a small velvet box from his pocket and gave it to the both of them. "It's the keys of this house. It's all yours now. My gift to you."

Jeremiah

My dad opened the box in front of us and I froze on my place. He was handing me the keys of this house,the keys of our childhood. Mom's house.

I controlled myself from saying 'You can't give something that doesn't belong to you.' It was mom's house sure she had put it in Laur's hands but she had denied putting her name on it. She said it was Beck's house,it will always be. She had given dad the keys to keep them safe but now he was giving it to me? I knew the muscles of my back had tensed.

This house, it wasn't mine to take. I didn't want to humiliate him in the open but I felt he deserved it. Still I just took the keys with a smile and I saw Sherely smile him in return. She gave me a funny look and I knew my fiancee was thinking the same thing I was: we cannot accept this house. It wasn't ours to take.

Everyone seemed to have thought that this was when they start giving us their presents so Maria got up and brought us our present. Erick and her gave us a wall clock with our names carved on it.

Next was Belly and Con and they looked incredibly happy giving us their present. I wonder what it is. For all the time they'd been married they looked incredibly amazing together. They had those soft glows on their faces that made them look....happy.

Belly gave us our gift which was in a small velvet box just like dad's. I sincerely hoped she wasn't gifting me a house.

I opened it to find two turtle doves attached to a chain. I and Sherely each took one and opened the little flap that divided it in two parts. Inside mine was a picture of Sherely and inside her's was a picture of me.

"Wow",Sherely gasped. They were rose gold and had a unique elegance. The soft details of its wings and the carefully shaped body made it look....amazing.

"That day when you decided to make turtle doves as your tattoos I was really shocked by the irony. I mean how many times does it happen that you decide to get them the same gift they chose as their tattoos huh",Belly chuckled. I was observing the little doves very carefully.

"Turtle doves, they're a symbol of friendship and love. As long as you both have one you will be inseparable forever. You will stay connected for lifetime",Belly said softly trying to find some emotion in my eyes.

I quickly grabbed her in a hug and said,"Thank you so much Bells. This is the best present of my life. I would've said the same to Con but I know these brains were yours." She smiled and nodded like she understood. I gave a short kiss to Sherely and smiled while placing the locket around my neck while she did the same. This gift totally made up for my dad's mess of a gift.

The engagement was over and everyone was either at the hotel or in their rooms. My dad was staying here tonight as he wanted to supervise the workers work the first thing tomorrow. He was placing the pillows on the couch when I walked in.

"Hey dad. Can I talk to you for a minute?"

"Sure son."

"Listen dad, I'm really happy that you thought of giving this house to me but I just can't take it. I'm sorry dad but it's not mine to take. I-I always thought of it as mom's house I just can't think of it as mine. I'm sorry but I just can't accept it."

He sighed and said,"I think I messed up huh." He rubbed the back of his neck."Son I'm proud of you but I just always say you being so excited for coming here. You always so this place as home and I wanted to give it to you."

"Home is where mom is. And she's here. Everywhere. In those cases and those portraits. On the beach, in the pool. Specially in the kitchen." I took a deep breath mesmerizing the memories of my mom. "But I don't think I want this place for forever and specially not with my name on it. I don't think it'll be that special if I just..had it."

"I understand. Maybe you could just keep the keys. Be the key keeper?"

I smiled and gave my dad a hug,"Yes. I could do that. I'll give one pair to Con. The other with me and the third will always be under that doormat." I chuckled softly knowing how silly it was to keep a key under a mat for a year.

Belly

I sighed as I changed into my pajamas and took all my make up off. I had decide to talk to Taylor now but I was too tired. My eyelids were heavy but I just had to get done with it. I'd usually sleep on my problems but this...I just couldn't.

"Hey",Con said hugging me to my waist as I took my make up off.

"Hi",I yawned.

He chuckled and said,"You're so tired. Just like a kid."

"Now now, I'm a grown up adult."

"You're just a baby to me."

"Then I'm your baby." I smiled.

"Hm",he yawned. "I'm actually pretty tired too. Can we just talk to them tomorrow? I really need my beauty sleep."

"Oh yes. Without your beauty sleep you wouldn't have turned out to be so handsome now would you?",I joked.

He place a hand on his heart to pretend to be hurt,"Touché."

I chuckled and put my arms around his neck. "Okay. We'll talk tomorrow."

"Now that's like a good girl."

I walked over to our bedside table and picked out a pack of Hershey's kisses. "I snuck some Christmas candy" I smiled.

"Mm cookies and cream. But I just brushed",he frowned playfully.

"Never Mind. More for me then."

He chuckled,"Just another excuse for shoving a whole pack of candy down your throat."

"I love chocolate",I pouted.

"And I love you."

"How cheesy and romantic."

"Mood bomber." It was his turn to pout now.

"Is that even a thing?"

"It is now."

"Maybe we should share this. Let's go call everyone in our room."

"Alright.....",he said nonchalantly.

I shoved his shoulder and said,"Be nice."

"Ain't I always nice?",he pouted.

I ignored his question and knocked on Taylor and Sherely's door. "Hey guys. Wanna share some kisses",I said lifting my Hershey's kisses bag up.

"Oh yes!",Taylor squealed softly.

"Totally",Shere grinned.

We made or way towards Jere's room when somebody tapped in my shoulder. "What are you doing outside my room?",Jere asked.

"Oh hey. Kisses?",I asked pointing at the bag in my hand.

"Can I say no to chocolate? No",he smirked.

"Where were you anyways?",I asked tilting my head.

"Talking to my dad."

"Okay. Let's just call Steven now."

We knocked on the door and as it opened I whisper screamed,"Surprise."

"What is a gang of idiots doing on my door?",he joked.

"Ahm. My door",Jere coughed.

"It's for your god damn engagement",Steven smirked.

Jere smirked and pulled him by his sleeve and said,"We're going out."

"Where",Steven said trying to remove Jere's hand.

"To my room",I smiled.

"Exactly my dream land. Where my sis does things",he rolled his eyes.

"You better shut up before I put your head in a toilet seat",I said through fake gritted teeth.

Con was in the room ready with a carpet sprawled over the floor, a Bluetooth speaker and some cans of soda and more snacks.

"Welcome to your dream wonderland",I mocked Steven.

Everybody laughed and Steven glared at me.

"Did you steal all Christmas candy",Jere said as he took a seat in front of Con.

"Nope. I stole all pantry candy",Con said as he tapped the seat beside him for me to take in.

"I'm thankful for the wonderland in the pantry",Steven said as he took his seat on the other side of Con.

"Are we playing thanksgiving now?",Taylor chuckled as she sat in between Steven and Jeremiah.

"That's a good idea. Let's play silly thanksgiving",Shere said as she sat beside Jere.

"I'll go",I said and took the finally seat between her and Con. "I'm thankful for this wide range of goodness created by a god blessed child."

"I'm thankful",Con said,"For the music created by top class musicians that have got me till where I am standing right now."

"Now now. Don't thank your parents or me. It's the music that's dealt with all your mood swings",I joked.

Con poked my chin and said,"Sometimes you just say the most accurate things."

Everyone laughed and Steven continued,"I'm thankful for the invention of soundproof doors that I haven't had the opportunity to place yet but still."

"Pervert",Taylor scrunched her nose. "I'm thankful for those amazing beauty products that have blossomed me into this beauty."

"I'm thankful that Shauna isn't here playing this game",Sherely said making us laugh in agreement.

We passed the sodas and chocolates and blasted music through the speaker. 'I Don't Care' filled the room and I hummed along.

"I don't care when I'm with my baby yeah",I sang and nudged Shere's arm.

"All the bad things disappear",she sang and tapped Jere's hand.

"And you're making me feel like maybe I am somebody",Jere sang with a little shimmy.

"I can deal with the bad nights",Taylor sang with a sitting dance.

"When I'm with my baby yeah",Steven sang loudly.

"Ooh,ooh,ooh,ooh,ooh,ooh",we all chorused together.

We all laughed happily and stuffed our mouths with chocolate.

"This was so much fun",Taylor said."Let's do another one."

"Let's see",Con said and played a song on his phone.

We all went 'ooo' and Con started by making a gun with his hands and pointing at Jere,"Just a young gun with a quick fuse."

"I was uptight, wanna let lose",Jere replied by singing and wiggling his eyebrows.

"I was dreaming of bigger things",Taylor continued swaying her arms.

"And I wanna leave my old life behind",I sang and pulled Con's head down while singing.

"Not a yes-sir, not a follower",Shere sang with her hands dancing.

"Fit the box, fit the mold",Steven sang. "Have a seat in the foyer, take a number."

Jere jumped up to his feet and pointed a finger to the ceiling like Harry Potter and sang,"I was lightning."

"Before the thunder",we all yelled.

That night, I had the time of my life. I forgot everything. I just knew that we were together and that was enough for me. After all these years of growing up, we're still kids by heart and always will be. Nobody seemed to notice that it was past midnight and Christmas had started but I'd call this a Christmas miracle if I had to.

_______________________________________

I hope y'all liked it. Don't forget to vote and comment.
QOD: What's your favourite candy?

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

160K 8.4K 13
in which he helps her trying to find herself again © Iighter
83.6K 1.7K 25
*** EDITING "Do you remember when I first met you Sam" Shawn turned his head and looked at me "Yeah, it feels like it was just yesterday" I smiled at...
374K 2.9K 5
Rene is the sexy Bad boy of the group. Every one of his friends has found their mate. Rene is to into women to settle for one. He likes to play the f...
13.9K 564 40
Tessa is an young and brilliant girl who loves to study. Hardin is the bully from her school and bullies Tessa since his mother passed away. Before...