How'd You Get This Number...

By superperce_lock

When Peter Parker accidentally sends a quick text to Natasha Romanoff herself, things start to get a little w... More

1 - i broke a street lamp
2 - mystery peter
3 - broken screens and panic attacks
4 - welcome to the group chat
5 - hunger pains
6 - internship ?!
7 - bullet wounds
8 - i'll be fine, mr. stark!
9 - where did it go?
10 - i need you
11 - it's not good
12 - isn't he adorable?
13 - it's okay, peter
14 - i was wrong
15 - top bunk
16 - nowhere to go
17 - are you?
18 - mamaspider
- hey! -
20 - god of mischief
21 - if only
22 - party time!
23 - beat 'em up, pete!
24 - loki
25 - monster
26 - i lost the kid
27 - alone
28 - hopeless
29 - useless
🎉 one year anniversary! 🎉

19 - m i n e c r a f t

22.1K 639 942
By superperce_lock

Sorry for the week late update guys, I had writers block and wATTPAD KEPT NOT SAVING ALL MY EDITS SO I'VE HAD TO EDIT THIS CHAPTER SO MANY TIMS

ALSO WE PASSSED 100k! HOLY MOLY!

__Peter's POV__

I step out of the car, looking up at the tower in awe. Nat and Clint stand behind me as I stare.

Realization dawns on me. "You mean..." I trail off, tears pricking at the corners of my eyes. "Did you...?" I flip around to look at the two.

Nat looks down from the tower, facing me with a smile on her face. If I didn't know any better, I'd say I saw a tear in her eye. "I did."

Without hesitation, I grab onto Nat and hug her tightly, tears rushing down my cheeks. "Does this mean—?"

"It does." She interrupts me, a hand held firmly to the back of my head. I can feel her fingers grasp my hair gently. With my head shoved into the crook of her neck, I feel one more pair of arms wrap around Nat and I. My smile widens even more somehow when I realize that it's Clint.

I wipe my cheek off on my sleeve, pulling away. Laughing a bit, we walk into the tower. "What did you say to May back at my apartment?"

"Oh, you know, the usual: A few death threats here, a couple of knives there." Nat waves me off as she leads us into the elevator.

Clint rolls his eyes dramatically and stands to my left, arms crossed. I just stand there between them, staring at the closed elevator in awe and wonder. Is this for real? Am I dreaming?

Did they really just...?

I think they did.

We ride the elevator up in silence. I think we're all still processing. The elevator doors open and I'm overwhelmed with noise.

"PETER!"

"WelcoME TO THE FAMILY—"

"YOU ARE OURS NOW!"

"TakE iT dOwN a NoTCh, bUcky—"

"N E V E R."

"Guys!" I laugh, throwing my hands up. "Guys, chill out." They all go quiet, watching me in anticipation. They're wondering if I'm still mad at them...

Steve takes a step forward, "We're sorry, Peter." He sighs. "We didn't mean to invade your privacy."

I smile softly at him, playing with my fingers. "It's okay. I forgive you guys."

There's a small pause of relief before I feel someone engulf me in a hug again. I don't even know whose is first, but next thing I know, there are 7 pairs of arms wrapped tightly around me. Everyone pulls away after a minute of laughing.

I check the time on my phone, remembering that I have plans with MJ and Ned tonight. "Hey, I got to go." I sigh as I look at the team. Wow. I live with the Avengers now. Zero to one hundred, am I right?

Immediately, all the Avengers look confused. "But you just got here?" Bucky bunches his eyebrows at me curiously.

"Yeah, I promised some friends that I'd go over for dinner. Plus, I'm staying with a friend and I wouldn't want him to worry." I smile at him and shove my phone back in my pocket.

"What friend?" Nat squints at me suspiciously.

I raise an eyebrow at her. "Uhhh, Ned?"

Realization dawns on her, "Ah, yes. You thought I was Ned."

"Yeah," I laugh, "When I broke that street lamp..."

"How did you break that street lamp, by the way?" She asks, leaning against the couch casually. All the Avengers are listening in curiously.

Just for the sake of messing with her, I play the whole thing off. "Oh! Well, would you look at the time? Gotta go!" I laugh, turning around and walking directly into the elevator again. Friday automatically starts to shut the doors.

"Hey!" Nat calls, shoving her foot in the way of the closing doors. They bounce back open. "Call if you need me, no walking down dark streets alone, and be home by 11."

I smile amusedly at her, "You got it, Nat."

"And Pete?"

"Yeah?" I tilt my head back up at her.

She smirks at me,  an oddly careful look in her emerald green eyes, "Have fun."

Nat pulls her foot back and the doors finish closing. I stare down at my feet in joyful thought, still unable to process what just happened. They really did it...they did it for me.

__Nat__

The doors finally finish closing and I release a breath I didn't know I was holding. I walk directly into the living room and flop down backwards on the couch, exhausted. Clint follows me and tips over upside down on the couch, his feet in the air.

"Gee, Nat." Bruce smirks as he makes his way into the kitchen. "You have the kid for one hour and you're already going all 'Mama Nat' on him."

I blush wildly and chuck a pillow in Bruce's direction. "Well, now that the kid's gone, I'm gonna head back to the gym." Steve sighs, scratching the back of his neck as he grabs his water bottle off the kitchen counter.

"Me too." Bucky sighs and follows Steve to the elevator.

Clint, still upside down, raises an eyebrow at them, then looks at me. "What?" I question, chuckling.

"Yeah, we all know what 'work out' means." Clint says incredulously, using his fingers to put quotes around the excuse. A round of 'ew's go through the room, the thought of Bucky and Steve together weirding us all out. "Hey!" Clint shouts, "I'm just saying, I think it'd be cute."

"I can't see it." Tony shakes his head at Clint, sipping from his ACDC coffee mug.

"I mean..." Bruce nods his head along as he sits down on the couch, crossing one leg on his knee and draping his arm over the headrest. "I can kinda see it."

"THANK you!" Clint waves a hand at Bruce.

I just laugh at Clint and chuck another pillow right at his face. "HEY!" He shrieks at me and tries to grab at my foot from his upside-down place on the couch. I yank my foot back and bounce to my feet, sprinting down the hall as fast as I can to avoid the oncoming pillow fight.

(I know ya'll want some crackhead texting)

__Nat's Phone__
chat: the crew

Nat
Where did you guys go

Cool
We d i s p e r s e d

Printer
Once the kid left, we had no reason to be in the same room together

Old
Well, that's sad.

Printer
What's sad?

Old
The fact that we don't hang out unless the kid is around

Printer
What the fuck do you want from me

Old
Maybe a lIttLE RESPECT

Printer
You'll get my respect when you learn how to use a fucking microwave, Stonehenge

science man
Stonehenge? Hm. That's a new nickname. Why Stonehenge?

Printer
Idfk it's old and so is steve

Cool
This is true

Printer
Like you got room to talk

CAW CAW
🍿

Printer
Quit ghosting you dweeb

Nat
Dweed? Really, Tony? What is this, eighth grade?

Printer
It's fuckin preschool if i say so

science man
Can we please just watch the language?

Printer
Who are you, my grandma?

CAW CAW
No but i am

Cool
What the fuck

Nat
Not even gonna ask

Cool
Hey so I have a quesiton

Old
Shoot

Cool
Will do

Printer
What?

Cool
You said shoot

Old
?

Cool
So i shot ?

science man
Bucky, shoot is kind of like a way of saying "go ahead and ask"

Cool
Oh
...
My bad

Printer
Who the fuck did you just kill

Nat
...
What is your question?

Cool
Oh yeah
So thor and I are trying to learn how to play Minecraft

CAW CAW
the almighty craft 🥵😡🤯😤💯💢‼️

Nat
Lmao why are you trying to learn how to play minecraft?

Cool
...
So i could play it with Peter

science man
Awww

Cool
DON'T "AW" ME, BANNER

science man
😳

CAW CAW
I can teach you my ways B)

Cool
Really?

CAW CAW
as long as you call me master of all things b l o c k

Cool
Aaaanndddd nevermind

Printer
Hey, did you tell Peter 11 for his curfew?

Nat
Yeah, why?

Printer
Nothing, he's just got the internship tomorrow

science man
...and school...

Nat
Shit, I forgot about school

CAW CAW
Parenting isn't as easy as you thought it was gonna be, huh? 😏

Nat
the only thing you've ever taken care of is the fish tank full of sea monkeys you got 3 years ago

CAW CAW
I BEG YOUR PARDON
I'M THE PROUD RULER OF AN ENTIRE CITY

science man
really? and where is this city?

CAW CAW
...under my bed...

Printer
FUCKING GET RID OF BREAD CITY, CLINT
IT'S DISGUSTING

CAW CAW
YOU JUST DISGRACED AN ENTIRE BREAD COMMUNITY

POP TARTS
HELLO

science man
Caps are on again, Thor

POP TARTS
MY BAD
hello

Nat
Hey thor

POP TARTS
what is this yellow block on the tree

Nat
What?

Old
They're still playing minecraft

CAW CAW
Guys
Guys don't do anything

Cool
W h a t
w h y

CAW CAW
IT'S A BEEHIVE, BUCKY
DON'T BREAK IT

POP TARTS
I'M ALLERGIC TO BEES

science man
it's a video game, thor

CAW CAW
IT'S NOT JUST A VIDEO GAME BRUCE
IT'S SO MUCH MORE THAN THAT

Old
I'm going to sleep
Night

Nat
Night steve

CAW CAW
I don't think you understand the stakes here, steve
thor, do you have respawn on?

POP TARTS
...
no

CAW CAW
GET O U T OF THERE
GET OUT OF THERE NOW

Printer
smh dramatic asf

Old
oh yeah, coming from the most dramatic man on the planet

Printer
gO tO sLeEp yOu cRuStY fReNcH fRy

Old
okay you didn't even think about that one

Printer
you don't d e s e r v e my thinking

Cool
HE FUCKING BROKE THE BEEHIVE

Nat
I-

Printer
👁👄👁

Old
Okay, I'm going to bed for real this time. Night.

Printer
I don't believe you, steve

Old
What? Why not?

Printer
because you're old
but you're also not
so
trust b r o k e n

Old
What am I supposed to do about that?

Printer
I don't know, I'm not the million year old ice cube

Old
neither am i

Printer
Oh hey
Who said they were going to sleep? Who was it again?

Old
Me?

Printer
Oh-
I notice that you're-
you're not asleep
hm
weird, steve
because you said you were going to sleep
and you're not
a s l e e p

Old
...

Printer
and you wonder why I don't trust you

our child
👀 you guys are blowing up my phone

Nat
Oh, hey, Peter!

our child
who changed my nickname-

CAW CAW
B)

_____________

Hope you enjoyed! SO, SOOOO very sorry for the late update, I'm trying to handle college stuff atm. Super excited for the plot ideas set up for this book :D! Thanks for reading guys!

Heads up, I go on vacation next week so I'm gonna try to crank out some writing this weekend, but if I'm a littler late again next update, please forgive me!

I created a discord server for this book so we can all GeT tO kNoW eACh oTheR! Message me if you want to join, I'll send the link! I'll also post it on my message board!

-chocolate ice cream

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.3K 1.1K 48
Natasha thought that they were in the clear; free to live as they pleased. Then Shield did some digging into Peter's past that turned her world upsid...
1.3M 35.8K 51
!Cover Change! What will happen when Peter Parker accidentally texts Natasha Romanoff? Will she figure out he's the vigilante Spider-Man? If so how w...
326K 7.1K 43
Y/n is an orphan mutant, her powers first showed When she was 2 and is now 13. She doesn't Have full control of her powers. She has powers or control...
1.6M 52.3K 55
I've heard a lot of wrong number book's and I thought why not make my own one! The classic wrong message from a wrong number pulls out a lot of event...