20 - god of mischief

Hey, guys! So, it's been a while since I've updated, I know.

*crickets*

Yikes.

It's a bit hard for me to stay attached to whatever was happening in the plot before, but we generally left off after Natasha 'adopted' Peter! Yay!

So, I'm going to pick it back up here with a new plot (kind of? still picking up where we left off, just new plot things). I hope you like it! I'm gonna stuff it full of all the stuff we all love in fanfics lmao you know, angst, angst...fluff...and angst. We stan.

I'll still include the May stuff though because that's important!

Thank you so, so very much for your patience with me! I am gonna finish this book for whoever still might want to read it, haha.

Okay, enough with my stalling—here we go!

___Peter___

I'd been staying with Nat and the Avengers for about a week now. It was kinda cool, seeing the behind the scenes stuff. Sometimes I forgot that superheroes sleep in on Saturdays too.

Making my way out into the kitchen, I smile softly to myself when I see Nat and Clint messing around at the kitchen table. They're laughing, Nat stealing Clint's bacon every time he turns around. She turns to me and winks, a finger held up to her lips. I smirk.

They're adorable. I know they aren't dating, they're just best friends—but that doesn't make them any less adorable. I wish I could have a girl-friend. Well, not like a girlfriend girlfriend! Like a friend that's a girl. But a best friend. Not that Ned isn't a good best friend! I just mean I wish I could have, like, a girl-best-friend.

How am I socially awkward inside my own head?

"Hey, Pete!" Clint smiles at me from his chair. His hand shoots down to his plate to grab a piece of his bacon, surprised when all he finds is one piece left. His eyes shoot up to Nat, playful anger etched onto his features. "YoU-"

"Hey, hey, hey! Don't look at me." Nat throws her hands up, stopping Clint. She points towards the end of the table as if she were accusing someone else of stealing his bacon. As soon as Clint looks towards the end of the table, Nat slyly snags his last piece of bacon and bounces out of her chair. A smug smile on her face, "And you call yourself an assassin" She snickers and takes a bite of the bacon.

"Hey!" Clint looks back at her. "That was the last piece!"

"Morning." She smirks at me, leaning forward against the kitchen island.

"Good morning!" I smile at her, moving to grab a bowl of cereal from the pantry. Nat goes up to the oven and slides a tray of bacon out of it, setting it down on the stovetop.

"Help yourself." She taps her finger on the tray before walking back to Clint.

"I thouGHT THAT WAS THE LAST PIECE-" Clint shrieks, noticing the extra tray of bacon.

"You thought wrong, Barton." Nat chuckles as she sassily finishes the strip of bacon. I get a hefty bowl of cereal and stack a small plate with bacon. Thank god my healing factor takes care of acne.

(lucky you 🙄)

"You got school today, kid?" Nat asks loosely as she turns to look at me.

"Yeah, I actually have a chem test in second period!" I reply excitedly, mowing down on my breakfast.

"Oh, cool." Clint smiles at me as he goes to wash his plate.

"Yeah." I hum with a smile. "I'm super excited."